Few female Marines step forward for infantry, none graduate: Is the military stronger with women in combat?

FanOreilly 2012/11/26 21:51:27

WASHINGTONTIMES.COM reports:
Female Marine officers are unlikely to join the infantry anytime soon, in part because of a lack of volunteers for the Marine Corps' Infantry Officer Course, which was opened to women in September.

infantry anytime volunteers marine corps infantry officer opened women september

Read More: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/25/fe...

• nobiggov 2012/11/26 23:21:38
    Disagree
    nobiggov
    +3
    That's like saying lets put a uterus in a man and see how he does as a pregnant woman. Women are not men and men are not women...period. Women should only be in jobs where they can perform as well or better than men...period. If there are women with the same physical abilities as men....then go for it....requirements should NOT be scaled down.

• Cat 2012/11/28 08:30:16
    Agree
    Cat
    I agree, "none graduate".
  • krayzrick 2012/11/27 23:57:51
    Disagree
    krayzrick
    If I have my mind on keeping a woman safe, which I can't help but do, then I'm not watching where I should be watching...makes us all more apt to be killed.
  • mikeyavelli 2012/11/27 18:14:28
    Agree
    mikeyavelli
    if a woman doesn't want to fight, why join? anyone who voluntarily joins a fighting unit will be willing to fight, even lovin' it.
  • ivegotloveinmypants 2012/11/27 13:10:09
    Agree
    ivegotloveinmypants
    The more populous the army, the more successful it wil be.
  • chucky 2012/11/27 11:05:35
    Disagree
    chucky
    I cannot see a woman walking in 40 degrees Celsius heat in the African bushveld for a week on patrol with a full pack on her back
  • Jack 2012/11/27 09:28:59
    Agree
    Jack
    +1
    I read once in a anti-terrorism manual that women are less likely to hesitate shooting another person as compared to men. The manual also state that elite counter terrorism forces are taught to shoot and kill the female terrorist first when force is needed. Show how pretty dangerous armed women can be.
  • Chef Bunyan 2012/11/27 04:07:22
    Disagree
    Chef Bunyan
    +2
    Women have NO business in combat PERIOD!! They CANNOT handle the physical demands! I've seen it with my own two eyes. And when they crap out, they put their ENTIRE unit at greater risk!
  • ivegotl... Chef Bu... 2012/11/27 13:11:46
    ivegotloveinmypants
    What you have seen is not representative of the whole infantry. In Britain, many women join the infantry and cAN handle it, because they have gone through something called training.
  • Chef Bu... ivegotl... 2012/11/27 13:54:11
    Chef Bunyan
    Yeah, well the next time you see a Brit serviceman ask him what HE thinks! You'll probably get a negative opinion that's largely unprintable!
  • ivegotl... Chef Bu... 2012/11/27 14:21:53
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Fair enough.
  • Wulfdane 2012/11/27 03:38:33 (edited)
    Disagree
    Wulfdane
    +1
    Women should not be in any military position that would place them in direct ground combat. Such as Infantry or Special Forces.

The political ramifications would be too great when women start coming home in body bags by the thousands or videos of them being raped/beaten start flooding the internet and news.
  • Mamaknows 2012/11/27 03:35:49
    Disagree
    Mamaknows
    LOL NO!!
    The standards may even be lower...but at min they have the same. They soldiers have to be able to do what is needed men and women so many of them BOTH fail out.
    As long as they meet the same standards as the guys and WANT to be out there good for them....but they have to be able to do the job.
  • James 2012/11/27 02:46:06
    Agree
    James
    +1
    If it works for Israel, why not us?
  • jimmie 2012/11/27 02:43:45
    Agree
    jimmie
    It depends on the woman and an old saying (What's good for the goose is good for the gander)
  • Vijay Pawar 2012/11/27 02:28:11
    Agree
    Vijay Pawar
    I totally agree!
  • Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/11/27 01:45:57 (edited)
    Agree
    Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    It should be like anything else. If the woman wants to be in the military, and qualifies under the same tests a man would take, then there should be nothing preventing her from joining. Its pretty pathetic if you disallow someone for their gender, like how we use to reject people based on skin color

And in this case few were interested and none did pass, so big deal.
  • joe keeney 2012/11/27 01:44:23
    Agree
    joe keeney
    In the rear with the gear.
  • Chris 2012/11/27 01:02:06
    Disagree
    Chris
    It's nothing against women, we are just made differently. Women are not typically capable of the same physical feats men are. There are exceptions to the rule of course.
  • ivegotl... Chris 2012/11/27 13:13:01
    ivegotloveinmypants
    True. And good for you for expressign this without the misogyny of some fools here.
  • Shifting Piece 2012/11/27 00:17:03
    Agree
    Shifting Piece
    +2
    I personally believe that men are more effective in combat. It's not a bias thing, it's a cerebral/scientific thing. Testosterone DOES produce a certain level of aggression over emotion type feelings and actions. That's my view with a dash of science, and if you don't like it, feel free to kiss my ass.HOWEVER I do believe that more soldiers are more soldiers and if they're capable of passing the requirements they should be allowed on the front.
    I feel as if the playing field should be level for both candidates and from what I've read it's not. Before anyone does anything, things need to be made fair.
  • Sayer Stewart 2012/11/27 00:14:44
    Disagree
    Sayer Stewart
    +2
    Men shouldn't be allowed in combat either.
  • Debra S... Sayer S... 2012/11/27 08:29:26
  • realist 2012/11/26 23:27:09
    Disagree
    realist
    No reason they can't make a 'female only' squad though.

I wonder why they have never gone ahead with that idea....
  • shane realist 2012/11/27 01:22:58
    shane
    +1
    There was a female squad that were featured in a documentary called Lioness.
    I think i found it once on Hulu.
  • realist shane 2012/11/27 01:38:25
    realist
    That is definitely the way forward for these kinds of things; interested to know how they performed.
  • Adakin ... realist 2012/11/27 02:05:52 (edited)
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I'm willing to bet that they were far meaner than ANY of the male squads... every 28 days! GI Jane
  • realist Adakin ... 2012/11/27 02:10:58
    realist
    lol meaner is something I could agree with; still, keen to actually see missions successfully completed. I'll do a google later.
  • Adakin ... realist 2012/11/27 03:12:10
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    Aye Mate, after you google, go lift a Fosters or something down there!
  • realist Adakin ... 2012/11/27 03:15:14
    realist
    urgh, fosters. Honestly you need to go to the back of the bottle shop, lift up the oldest carton of beer and hiding underneath will be a tattered box of fosters. Its a travesty the world think of fosters as something we enjoy lol
  • Adakin ... realist 2012/11/27 14:40:34
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Sorry, that was the limit of my knowledge of what a typical US "southern gal" knows about you guys 'down under'...

What DO you suggest as a quality 'native' brew? (and I'll see if I can find it here!)
  • realist Adakin ... 2012/11/27 21:53:06
    realist
    There is a Redoak beer called 'Bitter', Little Creatures 'Pale Ale' and pretty much anything James Squire :)

But for the best Beer ever, stick with a French one called 3 Monts.
  • Adakin ... realist 2012/11/28 01:10:11
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    thanks! I'll see if I can track any of 'em down here on my side of the planet. G'day!
  • darwolf realist 2012/11/27 06:52:14
    darwolf
    +1
    The Tamil Tigers had an all female squads.
  • realist darwolf 2012/11/27 08:55:42
    realist
    +1
    This is exactly what im talking about, if guys saw girls out there together doing it hard and keeping up in their own squad there would be little argument having them integrate into squads. It would also help to stop them thinking they need to defend them in a firefight. Good on them!
  • darwolf realist 2012/11/27 12:13:07
    darwolf
    The South Korean military also has an all female commando unit. Called White tigers.
  • James Rowntree 2012/11/26 23:21:43
    Disagree
    James Rowntree
    Women in combat are weaker and more vulnerable than men. They also cause more casualties as they naturally distract the men, who try to protect them. Nice, PC idea in theory, but in reality, women should not be in front line combat roles. Israeli experience bears this out. Leave it to the men to do the fighting. Note...one group in favor of American women serving on the front line are the muslim folks in Iraq and Afghanistan. They look forward to capturing and raping female infidel soldiers.
  • nobiggov 2012/11/26 23:21:38
    Disagree
    nobiggov
    +3
  • Jim 2012/11/26 23:10:59
    Disagree
    Jim
    +1
    Women in non-traditional jobs in the military is purely for social engineering. It serves absolutely no other purpose. That makes it illegitimate.

Camaraderie is a uniquely male force and no amount of brainwashing will force MEN to accept women in such groups. It's time for men to stop cowering before the demigods of political correctness and stop apologizing for being men!

Unfortunately, lots of male officers and senior NCO's will suffer by "insufficient compliance" with EEOC diktat. They will certainly be passed up for advancement but, somebody, somewhere, has to fall on the barbed wire so the others can continue the fight against this militant feminist social engineering garbage.
  • ivegotl... Jim 2012/11/27 13:16:21
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +1
    I am a woman in the army, and I take great offence at the nonsense coming out of your keyboard. I do not have to take a traditinal job if I don't want to, because I am a FREE woman. in a FREE country. I did not choose the army for what you claim is social engineering- it was to do something good for the country I live in. And the camaderie- women rarely interfere with that at all. Are you in the army? If not, its best you sock it. Feminism is not a crime, and neither is it the driving force for women's decisons regarding the army.
  • Jim ivegotl... 2012/11/28 02:18:31 (edited)
    Jim
    BIG DEAL. I did ten years in the U.S. Navy Silent Service during the 1980's and part of the 1990's. Like any all-male unit and crew at the time we did not, nor ever wanted, women in our crews! That feeling was normal throughout ALL branches of the Armed Forces when I was in. Women in non-traditional units are cogs in the social engineering machine, whether they realize it or not!

There are ways to do good for what's left of America without taking part in its Imperial Crimes. During the Cold War, at least we had a credible boogyman in the USSR to make us believe that our efforts mattered. What you are part of now is the New Evil Empire that does everything we once blamed the Soviets for doing!

What YOU choose, or your motive, is not the point. Political extortion was the crowbar that enabled your access into an established order that was doing very well WITHOUT YOU.

FREE COUNTRY, MY ASS! I've seen tyranny take over this country and it's all done by strokes of the pen. "Freedom" is far more than being able to buy crap at Wal-Mart. Serfs can talk all they want because their words have no power.

I'm not normally like this. When ever somebody thanks me for my service, I graciously correct their misguided sentiments and educate them about the real mission of the U.S. Arm...

I'm not normally like this. When ever somebody thanks me for my service, I graciously correct their misguided sentiments and educate them about the real mission of the U.S. Armed Forces and its imperial crimes. I always recommend, "War Is A Racket," by General Smedley D. Butler, USMC (1935). That book is as relevant today as it was in 1935. Today's technology is light years ahead but, the Imperial crimes are the same.

This is one Honorably Discharged Navy man who has already done his part, yet had the courage to detox his mind of false patriotism.
    Eisenhower

2014/10/22 00:34:42