Federal prisoner earns votes against Obama in West Virginia primary

STEVE 2012/05/09 15:22:20
I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I EVER SAID ABOUT WEST VA.
KIETH JUDD FOR PRESIDENT, AT LEAST WE KNOW HE IS A CROOK!
HOW DID HE ONLY GET 41%, RIGGED ELECTION?
I DON'T THINK OBAMA CAN COUNT ON WEST VA. IN NOVEMBER

The outcry to vote against President Barack Obama was heard loud and clear in West Virginia.

In the Democratic primary there, 4 out of 10cast votes for Keith Judd, a prisoner in Texas serving time a for making threats at the University of New Mexico in 1999.

Obama earned 59 percent of the vote. Judd received 41 percent.

Some voters clearly wanted to make a statement against President No. 44, even if it casts a vote for Inmate No. 11593-051.

"I voted against Obama," said Ronnie Brown, a 43-year-old electrician from Cross Lanesm, W.Va. told the Associated Press. "I don't like him. He didn't carry the state before and I'm not going to let him carry it again."

Brown said he instead voted for "That guy out of Texas."

Judd, who claims to have run for President in every election since 1996, was able to get on the West Virginia ballot by filing a $2,500 fee and completing a notarized form.

It's also unclear if Judd's status as a federal prisoner will affect the allocation of delegates at the Democratic convention.

Obama's lack of popularity in West Virginia is well documented writes Elizabeth Hartfield of ABC News: "The state's governor Earl Ray Tomblin and its junior senator Joe Manchin, both Democrats, have kept their distance from the president."

This is mainly due to Obama's environmental and energy policies incurring the wrath of West Virginia's coal industry.

Republicans called the Judd garnered embarrassing. "Keith Judd's performance is embarrassing for Obama and our great state," outgoing West Virginia GOP Chairman Mike Stuart told the AP.

Mitt Romney won the GOP primary in West Virginia with more than 69 percent of the vote.

• ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/05/09 16:41:21
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    No hope for Obummer. Even a prisoner has a better chance than criminal Obummer.
  • STEVE ScottyG... 2012/05/09 16:51:33
    STEVE
    +1
    YET MY FRIENDS IN WEST VA SEND JAY ROCK. TO THE US SENATE, HE RUBBER STAMPS OBAMA AND HELPS KILL COAL!!!
  • ScottyG... STEVE 2012/05/09 20:29:31
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    He can't be all bad. At least not as bad as Obummer.
  • SoCal71 2012/05/09 15:48:28
    SoCal71
    +1
    This is a first and new low for the Obama administration. Once Judd announces his platform for keep welfare in place... he'll get the black vote nationwide...
  • STEVE SoCal71 2012/05/09 15:49:54
    STEVE
    +1
    YOU ARE CRUEL..AND I LIKE THAT
  • SoCal71 STEVE 2012/05/09 15:51:45
    SoCal71
    +1
    Just telling it as it is...

2014/11/22 02:31:02