Fast and Furious - What really happened?

Starman 2012/07/01 04:25:26
Related Topics: magazine
Fortune Magazine has done a remarkable investigation piece that goes into depth on Fast and Furious. Please read the article, it's very enlightening.

Read More: http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2012/06/27/f...

• Dan 2012/07/01 05:50:11 (edited)
    Dan
    +1
    I couldn't read the whole thing in one sitting. I do find some contradictions and have to wonder whay government prosecuters refused to act for 7 months after the ATF brought it to their attention. And, so far, the article still doesn't explain Holder reversing his testimony. I've no dought politics plays a big part in this investigation (it always does) but there is obviously a case of "bad handling" that applies to many involved. And I do not accept the lack of gun laws as part of the problem like the article implies. When I buy a firearm I am checked against an FBI database. If I had purchased those firearms the FBI could tell if it was mine that was used to shoot Brian Terry. If I had gone into a gun shop with 20g I'd bet that I'd be stopped and questioned. Why weren't the individuals involved checked out before the guns left the country? Too many things in this deal simply do not add up and/or contradict themselves. The whole truth probably will never be known.
  • Scott 2012/07/01 05:46:24
    Scott
    +3
    Isn't it ironic that the NRA was "grading" legislators on their vote, on holding Holder in contempt of Congress, when it was the NRA promoted gun laws (or lack thereof) that led to the inability to arrest the gun runners? I live in AZ, and witness on a regular basis, our RWNJ legislators doing their best to put as many guns into as many peoples hands as possible. All of this in an effort to appease the NRA. Thankfully, educators, police, and citizens have stopped many of their attempts dead in their tracks. However, we still have the most lax gun laws in the country, and if I want to buy 1,000 guns, walk into the parking lot, and distribute them to whoever I please, there's not much the authorities can do about it.
  • mae 2012/07/01 05:25:11
    mae
    +2
    Honestly, nothing like The Truth to make a person say to themselves "you can't make up this stuff". Movie to follow in 18 months. Great article.
  • Kaleokualoha 2012/07/01 05:24:42
    Kaleokualoha
    +4
    Evidently it's much ado about nothing.

2014/09/19 04:01:16