Families of Fort Hood Shooting Victims Suing Obama Government. Do They Have A Legitimate Case?

safari 2011/11/15 05:44:25
Yes, the Fort Hood families have a legitimate case against the Obama Administration.
Other Comment about the Ft Hood Victim's families filing a suit against the Obama administration.
In what is likely the first lawsuit over out of control and ultimately deadly political correctness, the families of the November 5th 2009 Fort Hood shooting victims are preparing to sue the Obama government for $750 million in damages.

It was well known within the military that Nidal Hasan was repeatedly expressing warning signs of an unbalanced and potentially dangerous individual. His Muslim extremism manifested in his repeated demands for Sharia Law in America, and for “true” followers of Islam to detonate bombs in New York’s Times Square.

Despite this clear evidence of a soldier engaging in at the very least, verbal threats of sedition against the country and the uniform he wore, his military commanders ignored the threats and went so far to promote Hasan to the rank of Major just months prior to his shooting spree within the confines of Fort Hood that killed 13 and injured many more. The shooting remains perhaps the most telling sign of an Obama administration mandate to treat Muslim Americans with the utmost respect – a mandate that in the Hasan example, directly contributed to the deaths of American soldiers on American soil.

Read More: http://theulstermanreport.com/2011/11/12/families-...

• Striker 2011/11/19 03:11:58
    Yes, the Fort Hood families have a legitimate case against the Obama Administ...
    Striker
    So they will be suing the Government in Courts owned, staffed, funded and operated by Government. Yes, I think they have a legitimate case, but is "justice" really possible? Can you sue your boss, let him be the judge, and expect to win? LOL
  • joe ramirez 2011/11/19 01:32:03
    joe ramirez
    But somehow the government will cover it up and he will not be held accountable!
  • Rapier 2011/11/18 00:33:50
    Other Comment about the Ft Hood Victim's families filing a suit against the O...
    Rapier
    Yes but you cannot sue the government and win no matter how solid your position - this is a lawyers dream...
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2011/11/17 15:34:02
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    I think it will be difficult to prove that Hasan's promotion was directly a result of a "mandate."
  • cynsity 2011/11/17 14:23:32
    cynsity
    Saddly perhaps, but NO. the federal government is except from law suit and legal recourse... that is simply how it is. The families were "compensated" (if you want to call it that) with teh solider's death benifits, the wounded will get their disability and soical preferences and that is all that can happen.
    The system is set up to protect the tax payer who would be the ones who paided if teh government was sued. People need to remember the government doesn't have any of its own money or assets, they do not own land or stocks or saving accounts... the government's money is YOUr money so the question is should the families sue YOU, but did you have any control or know anything? That is like me suing someone who breeds dogs when the neighbors dog bites me. even though that breeder had no control over any of it and didn't even breed the same type of dog.
    Now what might, and I stress MIGHT make a point is if certain INDIVIDUALS are sued and sued civilily but that would be a very tricky set up becasue the defentant will always be able to claim the events took place while the adminstration was active.
  • on and on1 2011/11/17 13:54:22
    on and on1
    +1
    I love how people try to minimize taking responsibility for one's actions.

This man killed those people.
    fort hood responsibility

This did not!
    islam

Doing something in the name of religion has nothing to do with the religion, or have we forgotten
    kkk
  • Matt M 2011/11/17 13:47:51
    Matt  M
    The federal government is never accountable for its actions because it says so.

So the facts just aren't a consideration.
  • Civic Minded 2011/11/17 13:43:07
    Civic Minded
    +1
    When my husband served in the military, it was well known that we could not sue the federal government over anything - not malpractice, nor anything else. We, as military members and dependents, had no ability to take on the federal government.

But, look at it another way. Should all of us pay for the incompetency of the individuals whose actions or inaction cost people their loved ones? We cannot replace these precious lives with any amount of money. We can, as citizens, demand that our government not put people in a position where they feel they have to compromise based on the "ruling" party's idea of political correctness. After all, our nation was forged on the right to disagree. But political incorrectness costs people their careers. This administration has overly perverted our military and all other aspects of the federal government. However, financially, we cannot afford to fund all the destruction that comes out of this. Our best opportunity to correct course is at the polls in November 2012.
  • Tasine 2011/11/17 12:32:07
    Tasine
    Of course they have a legitimate case. Only idiots practice political correctness, and when that becomes dangerous to the population, people should take action, and the only action politicians understand is MONEY. It is time for the American people to kill and bury political correctness. Trust me, the world can survive without it. I hope these families win, although since it will be all fiat money, they'd better spend it fast.
  • Doc. J 2011/11/17 11:59:16
    Doc. J
    +3
    Because contrary to popular oppinion, the current Presidential administration does NOT dictate Army policy.
    Policy is created in that "5 sided squirrel cage" next to the Potomac River
    And the policy in question goes back MUCH further than 4 years, and it will NOT be changed. For those who wish to know that is AR 600-20 The Equal Opportunity regulation that also deals with discrimination in other forms such as sexual harassment.

What happened at Hood, where I will be in under two months, was a lapse in oversight concerning an individual.....NOT a religion. Because there a plenty of muslims IN the US Army. Plenty enough that we have muslim chaplins along with christian and jewish ones in the Chaplin's Corps.
    After ten years of war, we have exactly TWO instances of religiously motivated killings from muslim Soldiers (fratricide) in the Army.
    None in the Navy,
    None in the Marines,
    None in the Air Force,
    and None in the Coast Guard.
    And the Army Regulation in question is MIRRORED by all the other services.

This was a failure of leadership alright, but NOT that high up. The failure was at much lower levels, and trust me, those failures have been addressed. The Army went through Maj. Hassan's history, both in and out of service with a VERY fine toothed comb. Maj. Hassan should NEVE...

None in the Navy,
    None in the Marines,
    None in the Air Force,
    and None in the Coast Guard.

This was a failure of leadership alright, but NOT that high up. The failure was at much lower levels, and trust me, those failures have been addressed. The Army went through Maj. Hassan's history, both in and out of service with a VERY fine toothed comb. Maj. Hassan should NEVER have been in a position to be able to pull that trigger, and the officers above him, who rated him poorly, yet "passed the buck" of dealing with / confronting him with so many red flags flying.....Are out, some have been put out, and others have had letters of reprimand put in their PERMANENT records, which for a military officer is a career killer. They will not be promoted, and they cannot reenlist. If they have enough time to retire, they can do that, if not......Goodbye, thanks for playing.

This was an internal Army failure, a mid-level command failure
    Trying to sue the President and his administration......is not going to work, because it places blame in the wrong place and at the wrong level. All it will accpomplish is to further traumatize those families.
    Maj. Hassan will be tried, and it WILL be a death penalty case, so those families WILL see justice done, trust me the Army is LOOKING to kill him....after a nice fair trial.

But that's as good as it's going to get.
  • Dee 2011/11/17 08:19:55
    Dee
    The warning signs that Hasan was not a team player were all over the place - even his business card. My heart breaks for the families of the dead as well as for the injured and their families. If it wasn't for our need "not to offend" anyone, this may never have happened. I hope they get every penny they ask for times 10. When will we admit that Political Correctness has serious consequences...
  • alex 2011/11/17 07:39:54
    alex
    Im interested in seeing how this unfolds.
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2011/11/17 06:53:49
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +5
    Yes, confiscate the wealth of this PC Administration...I want to see Obama, Holder, Reid, Pelosi, and the Dem leadership completely broke
  • Tasine Bob, th... 2011/11/17 12:33:58
    Tasine
    +2
    LOL! At least you wish BIG! But me, too, I want to see them broke and in prison.
  • Bob, th... Tasine 2011/11/17 12:55:22
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +1
    I was in a hurry, I agree with the prison issue as well :)
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2011/11/17 06:45:03
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +5
    Absolutely! They should sue for a Trillion dollars of BO, Holder, the Secretary of Defense, and the Joint Chief of Staff. Each and everyone of them are personally responsible for those victims and others who have died on American soil by domestic terrorists within
  • Murph 2011/11/16 22:31:15
    Murph
    +3
    Long overdue.
  • Brian Tristan MacQuillan 2011/11/16 09:04:24
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    +4
    Of course they do. Nidal Hasan was coddled all the way, and then some.
  • texasred 2011/11/15 19:00:40 (edited)
    texasred
    +4
    I think if this had happened in the Bush administration as well, they would have had a legitimate case. We're so worried about being politically correct, we're not protecting our service people from internal strife. Very foolish.
  • Icanbean Arschloch 2011/11/15 18:03:32 (edited)
    Icanbean  Arschloch
    +6
    The buck has to stop on Commander-in-Chiefs desk.
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2011/11/15 15:29:00
  • Tasine whitewu... 2011/11/17 12:36:11
    Tasine
    Amen! Exactly so! If America still had any concept of justice, most of the current Administration would be in prison.....for this and also for a myriad of other actions taken or ignored.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2011/11/15 15:26:25 (edited)
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +8
    Political Correctness run amok on YOUR watch Obama. GUILTY. Fundi Islamomarxist lovin' basturd.
  • Cliff 2011/11/15 13:16:01
    Cliff
    +11
    The PC environment in the military is what enabled this killer to go unchallenged until it was too late. As commander in chief, Obama is culpable.
  • J Montana 2011/11/15 13:14:27
    J Montana
  • Seonag 2011/11/15 12:46:42
    Seonag
    +8
    Actually I think they have a legitimate claim against the FEDERAL Government (leave off Obama and Bush, Republican & Democrat). It was the Politically Correct policies of BOTH parties that allowed Hasan to be promoted sideways and upward to get him out a a unit, rather than dealing with his extremist anti-government rhetoric for fear of being labeled anti-Muslim.
  • Tasine Seonag 2011/11/17 12:38:25
    Tasine
    +1
    I agree with you. This idiotic idea of PC is insanity at its core, and serious Americans should be well above practicing it. I don't do PC, and I respect others who don't, and have no respect for those who do subscribe to it.
  • GANGA~Patriotic Revolution ... 2011/11/15 10:53:49
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
    +14
    They have enough evidence to prove that there was a legitimate threat
    that was ignored!
  • Embalmer 2011/11/15 10:06:31
    Embalmer
    +2
    They'll have to include the Bush Administration too. Hasan was sending emails to Anwar al-Awlaki before President Obama was even inaugurated.
  • whitewu... Embalmer 2011/11/15 15:30:55
  • texasred Embalmer 2011/11/15 19:03:47
    texasred
    +4
    Bush isn't in office any longer. While I agree that it was allowed under Bush as well as Obama, Obama is now the "Commander in Chief." (Well.... kind of.)
  • Embalmer texasred 2011/11/15 19:26:26
    Embalmer
    +1
    Either way it's not happening.
  • texasred Embalmer 2011/11/15 22:37:06
    texasred
    +4
    Guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Charu ∞... texasred 2011/11/17 06:46:54
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +2
    LOL....I like that and I agree.
  • texasred Charu ∞... 2011/11/18 00:19:15
    texasred
    +1
    Some of these Libs amaze me!!
  • Charu ∞... texasred 2011/11/18 00:20:12
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    me too!
  • Charu ∞... Embalmer 2011/11/17 06:46:24
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +4
    The promotion to Major and the attack happened on Obama's watch so he owns it.
  • Embalmer Charu ∞... 2011/11/17 09:33:31
    Embalmer
    Gee Nana, no he doesn't and you wish. So how have you been?
  • Charu ∞... Embalmer 2011/11/18 00:22:20
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    Yes he does, as Commander in Chief. Every time an officer is promoted they and their records go before a board and the CinC has to approve the promotion; ego BO owes it. I am doing great and yourself? :)
  • Embalmer Charu ∞... 2011/11/18 01:41:44
    Embalmer
    +1
    Oh, the promotion, gotcha. I thought you were referring to Terry's death.

2014/10/31 07:06:39