Facts and Fallacies About Slavery/Discrimination In The USA

Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET 2013/05/26 05:45:00
I agree; here is my opinion on the matter
I disagree; this is my opinion on the matter
1) Native Americans were the first slaves in the Americas and the Caribbeans.

Example:

2) There were mostly European Indentured servants in the U.S. ( Mostly Scottish and Irish), during the late 1400's to early 1600's. People wonder why this isn't taught.

There are quite a few reasons why White indentured servants is skipped over.

A) Since Whites were collectively deemed the superior race by the 50's in the U.S/globally by pseudo Scientists and Anthropologists; to them, teaching this portion of history would conflict with their theories. After all; the inferior race are Negroes, and they are only deemed into servitude.

By that time; The Irish, Scottish and Italians were deemed White. Many of our U.S presidents were from Scottish, Irish and Italian descent.

3) Many of the Irish were shipped to North America and the Caribbean, due to false claims of crime,

Example:

Once the Irish were no longer considered a cross between Negroid and Caucasian (Both B.S Terms), the owners decided they didn't like nor wanted the continuous of Irish and West African people having relations. A hierarchy was now put into place; before Eastern and Southern Europeans were seen as dirty, stupid and lazy compared to Anglo-Saxons. When the ruling Social Elites realized, they could make a unified front on Whiteness (During the great migration of Eastern/Southern/Northern European migration), they proceeded to make the census.

Europeans, North Africans, and The Middle East were deemed White. They were now the top of the hierarchy. This is why many North Africans proclaimed that Saharan Africans were never the original people of North Africa, or contributed to its' creation. That is why many Scientists/Anthropologists deemed the Egyptians as being White. That is why those same people deemed Ethiopians as dark Caucasians. Basically, any civilization that pivoted the Human race forward was deemed Caucasian. Saharan Africans and anyone of African descent was deemed inferior and could never intermingle with the higher race.

This is extremely complex; notice how most of it doesn't make any sense, but this is how these imbeciles thought back then. North Africans are people of Saharan African descent, and later mixed with Middle Eastern Arabs, and different European groups. But I shall continue; this perception was carried out globally.

North Africans believed Saharan Africans were inferior and tried to wiped them out of history texts. In South America; Mexico tried to erase the fact that their first President and Vice President were half West African.

In Cuba; one of their Revolutionary heroes was Black, Antonio Maceo Grajales. (Cuba's Independence from Spain) White Anthropologists lightened portraits and illustrations of him; deeming him to be purely White European. After Cuba's independence from Spain; they were united ethnically. The illusion and artificial conception of race eluded them. Joe Marti stated he wasn't going to fall for Spain's racial games and stated "Cuba for Cuban's".

Fast forward to when Bastisa was president; American/European ideals on race spread globally. Although Bastisa was of African descent himself; he created laws to make life harder for Cuban's of predominantly African descent. He allowed Anthropologist to claim Antonio was purely White European, he allowed the immigration to solely White Europeans into Cuba. The racial illusion was so bad, that 97% of Cubans who immigrated to the U.S identified themselves as White.

In the Dominican Republic; president Rafael Trujillo, declared anyone who admitted they were Black would be imprisoned or killed. In a island where about 90% of their citizens were heavily of African descent. Trujillo's himself; his grandmother being Haitian. He openly stated he was inspired by Hitler's vision of racial purity and superiority. He permed his hair religiously, determined to not let any signs of his African roots show on his face. To him; advancing the Dominican Republic, meant Whitening it up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-13560512

This concept happened in Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, etc, again globally. Someone asked a question on here previously, "Why is Black slavery so important or why the lack of focus on other forms of slavery?" The answer should be obvious; it isn't the 300 years of slavery that makes what people of African descent history uniquely different; it is all that came afterwords. The Jim Crow laws, being seen as the race at the bottom, a hybrid between Ape and Human as Darwin stated. The fact that people of African descent was put in zoos with apes/monkeys. Many committing suicide after, while hundreds of people previously watching; not saying anything.

This happening in the Bronx: http://mentalfloss.com/article/30399/1906-bronx-zoo-put-black...

The experiments, like the Tuskegee sterilization; giving Syphilis to Black men. Most dying and passing the disease to their wives; only three men survived. Eugenics and experimentation. Being erased from the history books and having every facet of your identity and heritage taken away; from ancient to modern. Having Black face, and other propaganda programs broadcast globally; from Japan to Egypt.

http://www.uow.edu.au/~bmartin/dissent/documents/AIDS/

Yes; almost every ethnic group has gone through trials and tribulations, being lied about, slavery, etc, in one point or another. Pertaining to those of African descent; not the same duration and to be hit from every aspect as once. I can't say other ethnic groups have gone through that. If so, I would like for someone to enlighten me.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/4p2957.html

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/why-is-only-black-slave...

The fact remains; if Society had let go of its bigotry towards those of African descent; like they did with the Scottish, Irish, etc, we all wouldn't be so polarized by the illusion of race. We wouldn't even be having this conversation.

4) Indentured servants only worked for a certain amount of years and were free, to be on their own, when their contract was up.

5) There were free people of African descent in America, before the Atlantic slave trade started.

6) Some people of African descent owned other people of African descent; over 99.9% did so, because it guaranteed their enslaved relatives safety. Free Negroes (term for historical purposes) bought their relatives for protection.

Example:

http://www.vvdailypress.com/articles/later-33884-justice-year...
http://books.google.com/books?id=ptFqye_hg54C&pg;=PA76&lpg;=P...

• After Peyton Polly, his brother, and his son were freed in Kentucky, his brother purchased Peyton’s seven other sons and daughters. Evidently this tactic was common. The reunited family moved to Ohio, a free state, for safety. Three years later armed White men from Kentucky kidnapped the children, ages 4-17. Peyton could not risk going after the men himself. He put his trust in the legal system, and eventually the intervention of many Ohio politicians managed to free four of the children. Virginia refused to free the others, who remained enslaved for over a decade until 'The Emancipation Proclamation" was passed.

• spitfiredemocrat3 2013/10/28 04:19:23
    spitfiredemocrat3
    +2
    I have known a good majority of this for many years..its a shame others don't and even more shameful that i and other democrata are being called kkk members and being blamed for slavory which makes no since at all since the mainstream of democrats like me are for equality for all and the protection of the environment...thank you for posting this its a very good read and im going to reshare it.
  • Latti I... spitfir... 2013/10/28 04:20:45
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Thanks. ^_^
  • spitfir... Latti I... 2013/10/28 04:22:17
    spitfiredemocrat3
    +1
    I shared it on facebook as well i thought it was that good.
  • Latti I... spitfir... 2013/10/28 04:23:47
  • Hotcho spitfir... 2013/10/28 18:24:31
    Hotcho
    That may be true, But as far as History and the democrats are concerned they have a dubious history concerning Slavery, and they like to blame it all on those evil Wepubwicans..Remember , it was a Republican President who freed the slaves and fought tooth and nail to do son the tumultuous mid-1800s, right before the Civil War, some political activists were concerned about keeping slavery from spreading into new western territories, and they saw no way to stop it through existing political powers: the Democrats and the Whigs (the pro-Congress party of the mid 1800s that largely destroyed itself in the 1852 elections in a battle over slavery).

So they formed a new party, taking the name "Republicans" in a salute to earlier American politicians.

By 1861, they had their first president: Abraham Lincoln. Soon after, slavery fell. The Whig party disappeared. And the Republicans began a long steady rise in power...and this from CNN a largely democratic news organizationhttp://www.cnn.co... demonization democrats need a History lesson
  • Latti I... Hotcho 2013/10/28 18:48:19
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    One correction; Abraham Lincoln didn't free the slaves, they freed themselves because he wasn't going to do it in the first place. In addition; about 20 years before the civil war, Black freed themselves in places like Florida and gained emancipation. Most abolitionists were also Black.

As for racism; both parties are to blame and the general at large for falling for a tool that was just created for division. Because different races doesn't exist.
  • Hotcho Latti I... 2013/10/28 20:50:02
    Hotcho
    Interesting theory, How do you free yourself and then get hanged by a bunch of Klu Klux Klan members, and as for both parties holding the blame. It is the the democrats who continually tried to keep blacks on a short lease and they still do it today, By catering to them , because they really don't believe in them however Republicans get the blame for being the blue meanies here..You think Pelosi or Ried are going to actually tell you what they really believe about black people. They never will..they just want them in their back pocket so as to get their vote..It's like, I'm going to talk nice to you, and I'm going to give you everything you want, you don't have to work for it..Just keep voting for me..Why don't the liberals just say who they really
    are..you know they can't..If you speak to an Honest democrat of which there are very few, he will tell you the truth about his party and their dishonest agenda
  • Latti I... Hotcho 2013/10/28 20:52:35
  • spitfir... Hotcho 2013/10/28 21:18:02
    spitfiredemocrat3
    You are so full of hypacritical bs its not funny...you people talk about your own party then blame it on us....don't spead your bs to me..i will never listen to your blasphemy..EVER!
  • monkeyking908 2013/10/28 03:46:45
    monkeyking908
    for the most part i do agree the parts i dont are

"indentured servants only worked for a certain amount of years and were free, to be on their own, when their contract was up" this was rarely the case a lot of the times the owners would refuse to let them go or keep adding money to what they owe

"over 99.9% did so, because it guaranteed their enslaved relatives safety" there is no way to prove this ether way and it just puts a happy spin on the fact they had slaves as well

i will take constructive criticism on these points but please no trolling i dont take kindly to trolls
  • Latti I... monkeyk... 2013/10/28 04:20:07
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Yes; indenture servants.

I forget the owners name, but three of his servants ran away from him. Two were White and one was Black. When all three was brought before trial; the two White servants had four years added to them, while the Black servant was given life. That is how slavery came about pertaining to the illusion of race, and that was the first markings of it in the U.S.
  • monkeyk... Latti I... 2013/10/28 04:31:26
    monkeyking908
    no im sure there where many before but from what i hear the first legal slave owner was a black person and they even made it a law that black people can own black slaves and that is what started the movement towards slavery in the states
  • Latti I... monkeyk... 2013/10/28 04:35:07
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Inaccurate; the first legal slave holder in the U.S was the one who had three indentured servants run away. That is the first legal one.

Who you are talking about is Anthony Johnson.

• monkeyk... Latti I... 2013/10/28 04:51:13
    monkeyking908
    i can not find who you are talking about all my research shows Johnson was the first legal slave owner but this does not mean there was not slaves before
  • Latti I... monkeyk... 2013/10/28 05:04:45
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    All my research shows he wasn't, and I just presented the facts to you. Why are you over looking them?

"In 1641, Massachusetts became the first colony to legally recognize slavery. Other states, such as Virginia, followed. In 1662, Virginia decided all children born in the colony to a slave mother would be enslaved. Slavery was not only a life-long condition; now it could be passed, like skin color, from generation to generation."

In the Massachusetts Plymouth colony:
    A law existed making the master responsible for taking care of his servant until the indenture ended, even if the servant became sick or inept. This formed a relationship like that of a family.

Servants could request a change in master.
    About 75% of servants charged with crimes were punished.

A law in 1636 prevented servants and children from drinking, and if so, the punishment would befall the owner of the victual house and not on the servant
    .
    In order to marry, servants needed permission of their masters, and they could petition their case to the magistrate if permission was unreasonably withheld.

Servants could receive welfare and charity like non-servant residents.

A servant caught stealing from his master for the first time could be punished by extending the time of servitude or making a large payment, and for the ...

In the Massachusetts Plymouth colony:

.

A servant caught stealing from his master for the first time could be punished by extending the time of servitude or making a large payment, and for the second time he could be whipped.

Playing dice and cards was outlawed. The first offense was discipline by the master and the second was to be publicly whipped.

The only way they could leave their indenture early was to buy out their time and prove they were fit to be on their own. They could only have five acres of land once released from their indenture.

Native Americans couldn’t use firearms unless they had served for years and were responsible. The master took responsibility if a Native American servant was found with a gun.

Servants could bring their masters to Court for abuse or for not fulfilling an indenture agreement. If a servant was killed by a master the Colony would bring the master up on charges. Sometimes a friend or family member worried about the well being of a servant would bring a master to Court with charges of neglect or abuse.

The most common punishments included paying a fine or being forced to give up that servant.
    If they ran home to their villages, they were sent back and whipped, and the master was put in front of a judge.
  • monkeyk... Latti I... 2013/10/28 05:23:10
    monkeyking908
    all interesting but they where still called indentured servants by law since slavery before 1641 was illegal and again i am saying that does not mean there was not slaves before then
  • Latti I... monkeyk... 2013/10/28 05:06:33
  • ShockedOneInAzSun 2013/09/12 20:24:10 (edited)
    ShockedOneInAzSun
    +2
    "1) Native Americans were the first slaves in the Americas and the Caribbeans.

1. Agreed, because the natives warred with other tribes, and those that they didn't kill or run off, they captured and enslaved (long before the Europeans arrived).

2. Agreed. This was taught in my high school.

3. Agreed.

4. Agreed.

5. Agreed.

6. Agree, and disagree. Not all African-Americans that owned slaves did it for noble reasons.

It appears that you and I, for the most part, read similar accounts of history. I read all of your links, in addition to your entire thread. Anything that I may have read different is so minimal that they are not worth debating.

None of this serious research, as any education of value, was taught in grades K-12. If anyone wants to know the real history, like precious gems and metals, one must dig deep below the surface!!!
  • JwonGalt 2013/06/22 03:29:44
    JwonGalt
    +1
    1, there WERE white slaves before they came over (not all were indentured service.) Why this isnt taught ill never understand
    2 I learned about indentured servitude from middle school and up lol.

everything else i agree with lol.
  • Latti I... JwonGalt 2013/06/22 15:19:43 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Most people haven't learned about it, and in middle school; you get the PG version of it. The Brits use to send prisoners of the royals to The United States as punishment. There were slaves in European history, just like any other continent with human population residing there.

In the United Sates though, it wasn't exactly slavery, but close to it.
  • deidara.trueart 2013/05/30 10:58:06
  • TerryAgee 2013/05/29 15:36:26
    TerryAgee
    +1
    Thanks for sharing your research! Excellent job!
  • beachbum 2013/05/29 14:31:44
    beachbum
    +1
    Wow - a lot of research, a lot of history here.

Thnx!
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2013/05/29 13:10:27
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    A great look at the reality of mans past. Not one that reveals the best of what we are capable of. This shows a look at how the history is taught often to make it look better than it actually was. Kudos LaLoGe!
  • littleb... littleb... 2013/05/30 02:49:35
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Thanks for the rave! I realized I pressed wrong. I agree with your insight on this. But I think you knew this.
  • lkreu 2013/05/28 13:40:42
    lkreu
    +1
    Great info! Thank you
  • Latti I... lkreu 2013/05/29 04:21:51
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Thank you.
  • wtxwoman 2013/05/27 04:01:04
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I think you covered the subject well.
  • Latti I... wtxwoman 2013/05/29 04:21:57
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    Thank you.
  • Lion Iron Zion 2013/05/27 03:09:27 (edited)
    Lion Iron Zion
    +1

• Dan 2013/05/26 21:13:29
    Dan
    +1
    Good History Lesson.
  • Latti I... Dan 2013/05/29 04:22:17
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Thank you.
  • Kaleokualoha 2013/05/26 19:24:24
    Kaleokualoha
    +3
    Well done, my friend!
  • Latti I... Kaleoku... 2013/05/29 04:22:09
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Thanks.
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2013/05/26 16:52:45
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +2
    During King Phillips War, Metacom's wife and son were captured and put aboard a slave ship bound for the Indies. The first man killed at Lexington Green was a freed slave, a man of African and Native American blood. Local history speaks of Natives taken into slavery. And Boston's history is SO full of Irish who speak of their families arrival as indentured servants.
  • MtDuffer 2013/05/26 16:40:59
    MtDuffer
    +4
    This is a very valuable Poll and I thank you for the time to present it. Recently I remarked on a poll and cut & pasted some of the same items.

Two things jump into my brain. Doing the time I was going to school we studied George Washington Carver, but never saw a picture or was told that he was Black.

And the history of Slavery.

And one more Item, Christ was of color and well as the Egyptians.

Again Outstating Posts.
  • Latti I... MtDuffer 2013/05/26 17:28:47
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    Thank you Mt.
  • MtDuffer Latti I... 2013/05/26 17:41:20
    MtDuffer
    +1
    Is this a way for man to treat man? Is this the Christian way to treat man. Even though only about 6% of all of the slaves were sent to the United States, most of the slave owners did harm to them, raped their women and murdered the men.

I am a true believer in that "The past is the past, what happens now and the future will judge who you are."

Slavery
  • Latti I... MtDuffer 2013/05/26 18:09:34
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    "The past is the past, what happens now and the future will judge who you are."

Agreed.
  • MtDuffer Latti I... 2013/05/26 21:33:34
    MtDuffer
    +1
    Yes, but we should never forget the past so that it will not return to haunt the future.

2014/04/24 19:28:57