Eye Of The Storm [Vid]

Mopvyzo 2011/03/06 12:18:19
Politics Government
Related Topics: Democracy, Police, Crime, Ad

SLIDESHOW: Eye Of The Storm

1 of 2

Eye Of The Storm (Part 1 of 2)

1. Eye Of The Storm (Part 1 of 2)

Eye Of The Storm (Part 1 of 2)

2. Eye Of The Storm (Part 2 of 2)

Eye Of The Storm (Part 2 of 2)

Eye Of The Storm [Vid]
Video footage shot by the police at events in Portland, OR to confirm how the police target citizens engaged in constitutionally protected acts of protest for harassment, assault, and arrest. The police, by their own admission, assault law-abiding protesters without provocation then lie about being provoked. These lies were carried and repeated ad-nauseum by the corporate media without any regard for the truth. The corporate media is shown being complicit in, even supportive of flagrant police misconduct. Those perceived as leaders by the police are often singled out for surveillance, assault, and arrest regardless of the fact that those individuals have broken no laws and committed no crimes. The police kept this footage despite laws prohibiting the collection of information on individuals engaged in political dissent. The police stated that activist video footage only told one side of the story, now everyone can see the other side.

individuals engaged political dissent police activist video footage told story

----

Police are the enemies of freedom and democracy.

You must be a member of the group Politics Government to vote on this poll.

• meeshuk 2011/03/06 14:52:59 (edited)
    meeshuk
    +8
    Most of that video footage was taken during an anti-war demonstration. The only questions I have after all this is ..................

Why the hell is the left so bent on letting Obama gather GOVERNMENT POWER?!?!?!?

Why do they argue for the rights of GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES to take more TAXPAYER DOLLARS?!?

Why are they so bent on making BIGGER GOVERNMENT?!?!?

• CoolStoryBro Bn 0 ;) 2011/03/07 05:00:25 (edited)
    CoolStoryBro Bn 0 ;)
    We're all screwed!!!!
  • Ron CoolSto... 2011/03/07 22:09:10
    Ron
    +1
    You got that right... We may be required to get off our asses and DO something about it!!!
    GOD forbid.
  • Beccy 2011/03/06 20:27:32
    +2
    Same things happened in the 60's but we seemed to forget.
  • Mopvyzo 2011/03/06 14:53:53
  • michele... Mopvyzo 2011/03/06 16:36:44
    micheleT BN-O
    +3
    I think it is going to get worse, much worse.
  • meeshuk 2011/03/06 14:52:59 (edited)
    meeshuk
    +8

• Republi... meeshuk 2011/03/06 15:07:12
    RepublicanMAde
    +5
    answer they are communist
  • Mopvyzo meeshuk 2011/03/06 15:38:38
    Mopvyzo
    +6
    The blame can't be totally laid on Obama. It started before him.
    blame totally laid obama
  • jrm Mopvyzo 2011/03/06 19:25:29
    jrm
    +1
    don't be silly. Everything is OBama's fault. didn't you know that?
  • meeshuk Mopvyzo 2011/03/06 22:12:27
    meeshuk
    +2
    We agree on this. HOWEVER, does this point then excuse Obama????

If it was not ok for Bush then why is it ok for Obama? I see you sporting the Bush / Hitler images. Will you now put an Obama / Hitler image since all he is doing is TRIPLING down on what Bush did?

I some how DOUBT IT. The progressolibs simply look past the sins of the libs as if simply because they are socialists everything is ok.

At least I am consistent on this topic.
  • morris44 meeshuk 2011/03/07 19:07:04
    morris44
    +1
    The answer to your question is that there is only 1 party. Bush, Obama, Clinton, all the same.

Corporate concerns over citizen concerns.
  • meeshuk morris44 2011/03/08 02:45:28
    meeshuk
    +1
    I disagree about the corporate part. It is the government that is forcing them OUT OF THE COUNTRY through absurd taxation. Remember it is the CUSTOMERS who pay corporate taxes through the PRICE OF GOODS BOUGHT.

However, you will notice that I refer to the parties as Republicrats and Democans, I think we agree on that much.
  • morris44 meeshuk 2011/03/08 20:09:52
    morris44
    Taxes do not drive jobs overseas. The US pays some of the lowest effective rates (don't be fooled by statutory rates).

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=v...

Cheap to nearly free labor is the only reason jobs go overseas.

And unions don't drive jobs away either. Union guy makes $25/hr, non union makes $20/hr, but China sells labor at $.50cents/hr.

Both US jobs are gonna go.

The corporations are guilty of doing it, and the government has been complicit in letting it happen.
  • meeshuk morris44 2011/03/09 00:08:01
    meeshuk
    Guess again.

Try sourcing your opinions if you want them to be believed.

http://alhambrainvestments.co...
  • morris44 meeshuk 2011/03/09 02:25:00 (edited)
    morris44
    I did paste a link-source

And I specifically mentioned that you should focus on effective rates and not statutory. Which you obviously ignored, or you don't understand the difference.

I'm not sure involvement in business, but I have been in budgeting and finance for 21 years. I have personal knowledge of a company that pays 12% tax rate due to well-played loopholes.

I am really offended that you didn't notice or read my link and that you accused me of not having one.
  • meeshuk morris44 2011/03/09 12:07:36
    meeshuk
    When I click on your link it says....

Error Occur!!!
    The URL you browsed is not valid!!!
    Please click here to go to main page if your browser does not refresh automatically.

Why would you expect me to think it has any info......

The corporate tax rate should be ZERO!!!

CORPORATIONS DO NOT PAY TAXES THEIR CLIENTS DO!!!!

I am a business owner. Oddly enough when I don't get any money from people that buy my services............. I don't pay taxes. When I do get money from clients................... I pay taxes. I can guarantee you that 100% of the tax money I pay COMES FROM MY CLIENTS!!!

It is the POOR PEOPLE that pay Wal-Mart's taxes NOT WAL-MART.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that you have ANY experience in business and finance or you would have at minimum this BASIC understanding of corporate revenues.
  • morris44 meeshuk 2011/03/09 20:45:49
    morris44
    Sorry the link didn't work.
    It is from The center on budget and policy priorities, www.cbpp.org I pased Text Below.

Why do you personally attack me by saying you SERIOUSLY doubt I have experience in business? What's with that? Why would I lie? To win some stupid argument about corporate taxes? I worked as an auditor for 5 years, and for the last 16, I have been a director of forecasting and financial analysis.

As a business owner you say you pass on all taxes to your customers. Do you also pass on all increases in costs you incur to your customers? Do you not care what the market you operate in charges customers? Would you blindly raise your prices from $10 to $50 due to increased costs while your competition still sells for $10? No. And conversely, when your costs go down, do you immediately reduce prices? No.

Here is text:
    Putting U.S. Corporate Taxes in Perspective
    PDF of this report (3pp.)
    By Chye-Ching Huang and Chad Stone

October 27, 2008
    Related Areas of Research
    Tax — Federal
    Businesses
    The U.S. corporate tax burden is smaller than average for developed countries.[1] Corporations in 19 of the member states of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development paid 16.1 percent of their profits in taxes between 2000 and 2005, on average, while ...

Sorry the link didn't work.

Here is text:
    PDF of this report (3pp.)
    By Chye-Ching Huang and Chad Stone

October 27, 2008
    Related Areas of Research
    Tax — Federal
    Businesses
    The U.S. corporate tax burden is smaller than average for developed countries.[1] Corporations in 19 of the member states of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development paid 16.1 percent of their profits in taxes between 2000 and 2005, on average, while corporations in the United States paid 13.4 percent.

Nevertheless, some have argued that U.S. corporate tax rates unduly burden U.S. companies by pointing to the country’s top statutory tax rate, which is 35 percent. For example, a recent Wall Street Journal editorial calling for corporate tax cuts noted that this is the second highest top statutory tax rate among developed countries.[2] While true, this gives the false impression that the corporate tax burden is greater here than in other developed countries. Because the U.S. tax code offers so many deductions, credits, and other mechanisms by which corporations can reduce their taxes, the actual percentage of profits that U.S. corporations pay in taxes — or what analysts refer to as their effective tax rate — is not high, compared to other developed countries.

Because the average U.S. corporate tax burden is low, many economists believe a revenue-neutral corporate tax reform that reduces statutory corporate tax rates, while broadening the tax base by eliminating costly tax breaks, could improve economic efficiency and likely benefit the U.S. economy.

■Effective tax rate much lower than top statutory rate. Government and independent researchers have long pointed out that the top statutory corporate tax rate is an incomplete measure at best of the burden of corporate taxes. It does not take into account the generous depreciation rules, exemptions, deductions, and credits (some of which are sometimes termed “loopholes”) that corporations may be eligible for. Those special provisions lower corporations’ effective tax rate, or the share of their profits they actually pay in taxes, and do so in a way that creates different tax rates for different industries. These differential tax rates across industries are generally regarded as more harmful to economic efficiency than any burden due to the current top statutory rate.
    ■The United States has plethora of generous corporate tax breaks. As the Treasury Department has noted, the United States’ low effective tax rate reflects its “narrow corporate tax base,” which is the result of “accelerated depreciation allowances [and] special tax provisions for particular business sectors … as well as debt finance and tax planning.”[3]

These tax breaks lead to very low tax rates on certain types of investments — even negative rates in some cases. For example, a 2005 Congressional Budget Office study found that the effective marginal corporate rate — the rate paid on the last dollar of income earned and arguably the tax rate most relevant for investment decisions — on debt-financed investment in machinery was negative, estimated at -46 percent.[4] This means that the total value of the deductions that companies may claim for such investment is much larger than the tax they pay. (Put another way, it means that other taxpayers effectively subsidize the investment.) A recent Government Accountability Office study similarly found wide variation in effective tax rates across corporations.[5]

The Treasury Department estimates that various corporate tax breaks will cost the federal government more than $1.2 trillion over the next ten years (2008-2017), a period during which total corporate revenues are projected to equal $3.4 trillion.[7]

■Many smaller corporations do not face the top statutory corporate tax rate. For small corporations, another reason that the top statutory corporate tax rate is an inaccurate measure of the U.S. corporate tax burden is that many of these companies do not face the top rate.[7] In contrast to many other developed countries, which apply the same tax rate to all taxable corporate income, the United States has a graduated corporate tax structure, in which corporations with smaller incomes are taxed at rates below 35 percent. While a very large share of taxable corporate income is earned by corporations large enough to face the top rate,[8] in terms of numbers, most U.S. corporations face a statutory rate lower than the 35 percent top rate.
    ■Broaden the base, reduce the rate. Corporate tax reform that eliminates a portion of the existing tax breaks and uses the savings to offset the cost of reducing statutory corporate tax rates would likely improve economic efficiency without increasing deficits and debt.[9]
  • meeshuk morris44 2011/03/10 00:25:34
    meeshuk
    Thank you for pasting the article, I am actually going to read it a few more times in order to digest it all.

My point about the FACT that clients pay ALL corporate taxes is that ALL REVENUE for my business comes from what I charge clients. I do not have a printing press with which I print money so that I can pay my taxes. I do NOT work for free and have been doing my business long enough to know what the 'fair market price' is and whether or not I can compete at that rate for specific services. I have in fact stopped offering certain services because the cost of sub-contractors to do the work combined with the ODCs in doing business make it an unwise investment of my business' time.

The point regardless of whether or not you agree with me is that 100% of ALL corporate taxes are paid through revenue generated by SALES (unless your business is an investment based business under which you should be paying capital gains instead). Companies like Wal-Mart has their taxes paid for by their clientele, and YES their tax rates are figured into the 'cost of doing business' and will help determine their prices. If you go into business and figure your prices first THEN find out what the cost of doing business is........ you won't be in business long.
  • morris44 meeshuk 2011/03/11 03:56:25
    morris44
    All of my taxes (or any employee) are paid by the customer too, given your logic.

I think we should eliminate my taxes as well.
  • meeshuk morris44 2011/03/11 10:04:41
    meeshuk
    +1
    You miss the point. When you leave the taxes on the PERSON, you know WHERE THEY TRULY ARE TO BEGIN WITH and people start REALIZING what they pay in taxes, there will be a collective cry from the poor as well about OUTRAGEOUS GOVERNMENT SPENDING.

It's all about REALITY, GOVERNMENT RESPONSIBILITY, and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

JMHO
  • morris44 meeshuk 2011/03/09 20:46:14
    morris44
    What business do you own, I want to research it.
  • LesWagg... meeshuk 2011/03/12 07:03:29
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    Have you any citations other than an extremely conservative corporate web site?
  • meeshuk LesWagg... 2011/03/12 13:20:23
    meeshuk
    And you've given a source for ANY opinion on this .................. when?
  • Republi... Mopvyzo 2011/03/07 02:06:18
    RepublicanMAde
    i sure as hell didn't start with President Bush he tried to tell congress something was going to happen but they knew the communist better known as obama was going to run so they made it look like President Bush was at fault he saw fanny may and freddy mac was going down hill fast because of all the bad notes they had written to put the A.C.O.R.N. backed inner city trash a home and the notes went south because they thought they were getting something for nothing and didn't pay their notes. communist obama has done nothing to fix the economy but spend spend spend and send money abroad instead of keeping the money here...
  • Mopvyzo Republi... 2011/03/07 02:20:56
  • jrm meeshuk 2011/03/06 19:24:28
    jrm
    if that is the only question you have to ask (you actually asked 3) then you should probably just but out.
  • meeshuk jrm 2011/03/06 22:15:07
    meeshuk
    ROFLMAO!!!!

After the points I made the most you can do is state that I am asking too many questions?

You are a sad pathetic excuse for an American. THIS attitude is exactly why the left is ushering in this new Big Government takeover in American life. You feel as long as they are politically siding with your viewpoints then you are TOTALLY ok with them taking over your lives and the lives of others.

What a shame.

2014/10/25 20:56:55