Executive privilege exerted again...This time over the refusal to release all of the requested "Fast & Furious" documents to Congress...Is this a wise move by the Obama administration?

Howler 2012/06/20 14:27:56

• Bureauc 0Blunder 2012/06/23 21:47:05
    NO
    Bureauc 0Blunder
    +1
    Not a wise move. Although it might be just what was needed to get the Lame Stream media to pay attention to this brewing scandal.
  • Bureauc... Bureauc... 2012/06/23 22:25:19
  • RastaFan 2012/06/22 15:20:13
    NO
    RastaFan
    +2
    Devious, maliscious, unethical, foolhardy ... 'YES'

Wise ... 'NO'
  • uguess 2012/06/22 06:41:57
    PROBABLY
    uguess
    +1
    pass the link around... please. we have to help these people....

YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THIS !
  • Tombo 2012/06/21 21:52:43
    NO
    Tombo
    +2
    It's not a wise move and will be thrown up in his face but the lame-stream media will be at his side. Fast Furious

• Hawkeye Tombo 2012/06/21 22:31:26
    Hawkeye
    +1
    Up until the president "Slammed" the Congress with his move,, the Lamestream Media hardly covered this investigation..
  • Tombo Hawkeye 2012/06/23 15:10:37
    Tombo
    +1
    Lamestream doesn't talk about this guy either:

Obama
  • uguess Tombo 2012/06/23 00:23:47
  • Tombo uguess 2012/06/23 15:09:24
    Tombo
    +1
    Very Good!
  • Sheηaηigaηs™ 2012/06/21 20:55:00
    NO
    Sheηaηigaηs™
    +2
    No but I love it because it proves that Obama has something to do with it and is trying to hide it. NO TRANSPARENCY!!!! HE LIES AGAIN!!!

liar obama gif liar obama gif
  • whiteco... Sheηaηi... 2012/06/23 05:02:53 (edited)
    whitecollar
    Instead of blaming O'bama for this mess, remember whose plan it was originally.. Bush did it under another name... and we now have a criminal with a police record named Darrell Issa prosecuting Holder, and implicating O'Bama. Isn't it funny how you Repubs get angry with the President but ignore a felon who shouldn't even be allowed to be in Congress, much less prosecute someone. You should know more about Darrell Issa's record.
  • Sheηaηi... whiteco... 2012/06/23 16:41:40 (edited)
    Sheηaηigaηs™
    Obama kept the same policies that Bush put in place because Oblamer has no idea of what he is doing you must remember that we put this lying weasel in charge to FIX the economy like he promised he would but he lied, this a hole is over his head and is making everything worse Obama implicated himself by getting involved by putting his two cents into the matter to protect Holder and perhaps himself, you cannot call Issa a felon because he has never been in jail nor prosecuted since he was cleared of all charges. This obama is nothing but a lying, corrupt, gut sucking, dog eating weasel. Keep drinking the kool ade. I can see that you will vote for a loser and for the same crap that most Americans are tired of.

Once again, our Constitutional Law Professor isn't smart enough to know how to make this go away. They continue to try and blame Bush for this program, but...

Sorry, that one didn't contain the right video.

======This VIDEO is from March 2009=====

I hope I educated you in this matter so you can quit talking foolishness while making yourself look uninformed.
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/06/21 20:07:40
    PROBABLY NOT
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +2
    It just might be his undoing....... It shouts "Cover Up" the the general public, and
    the LSM cannot not cover this one.......
  • Sam DePecan 2012/06/21 19:43:49
    PROBABLY
    Sam DePecan
    +1
    This guy is rocked by so many, many scandals . . . . The more-delayed-tactics that he can come up with; the better that his immediate future will be. All I can say is he reallly did pick a "compatible country" to play his political games in; as the United States is well-known as being a Country that DOES NOT Enforce Her Laws. That, indeed, makes it very compatible to his lying; deceitfulness beyond amazement. All of that rubbish about transparency, Daily Shows on CSPAN, and putting America back-to-work, all fits-in well, in fact, with his Executive Privilege, as well as several golf excursions to Venezuela and Hawaii.
  • TheTailor 2012/06/21 16:52:31
    NO
    TheTailor
    +3
    A simply stupid move.
  • Hawkeye TheTailor 2012/06/21 22:39:17
    Hawkeye
    +1
    The ONLY thing worse then this for Obama would have been evidence of Obama's connection with this..

WHAT is his defense??

Listen to it..

Either Obama and his adminstration involved themselves in an ILLEGAL Gun Running operation that resulted in American and Mexican Civilian Deaths OR,, If we believe Obama and Holder,, there is a ROGUE faction of the Obama Adminstration that commited HIGH TREASON against the U.S. by supplying GUNS to a FOREIGN Criminal Organization that is a DIRECT threat to the Government of an American Ally..

Which one would YOU hide if you were Obama.. The former I'd hide,, the Latter I'd do EVERYTHING in my power to root out and prosecute..
  • TheTailor Hawkeye 2012/06/21 23:07:26
    TheTailor
    +1
    Holder is still going to be held in contempt, Obama is too late.
  • Hawkeye TheTailor 2012/06/21 23:14:58
    Hawkeye
    Not sure how that works.. The Contempt charge in predicated on Holder NOT surrendering the documents BUT,, Obama threw a "Sabo" into the works with his invokjing of Executive Priviledge.. I'm SURE that it will be argued in the Congressional Hearings on the Contempt Charge that Holder can no longer be held responsible for his lack of cooperation and that he is NOW under Executive Orders from this President..
  • TheTailor Hawkeye 2012/06/21 23:31:01
  • Hawkeye TheTailor 2012/06/21 23:40:09
    Hawkeye
    Like I said.. I don't know enough about the law as it relates to this particular scenario.. AT least not enough to render an absolute answer.. Which is why I offered my opinion AS an opinion..
  • TheTailor Hawkeye 2012/06/22 00:38:56
    TheTailor
    I know, I'm setting you straight, the congress isn't going to take this little game of Obama's seriously.
  • Hawkeye TheTailor 2012/06/22 00:42:34
    Hawkeye
    It seems that at least ONE of the options being looked into is the GRAND JURY route.. Obama's EP can be challenged there and Holder can actually be indicted..
  • TheTailor Hawkeye 2012/06/22 01:22:52
    TheTailor
    Time will tell ...
  • Dan™: Real Change, Not Fals... 2012/06/21 15:04:29
    NO
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +3
    Obama really, really, really stepped in it.

After over 15 months of trying to distance the White House from the Operation Fast & Furious scandal, and after months of denying any coordination of the operation between the White House and Eric Holder's Department of Justice, Obama's use of Executive Privilege at this point now means that Obama owns the scandal.

Furthermore, to invoke Executive Privilege is an admission that there actually was coordination between the White House and the DOJ on the Fast & Furious scandal.

Citizens have to ask themselves: what is he trying to hide? The decision to invoke Executive Privilege in this case is undoubtedly politically damaging to the President. So the question is what even more politically damaging secret is Obama trying to hide that he's willing to damage himself politically by invoking Executive Privilege?
  • Hawkeye Dan™: R... 2012/06/21 23:19:28
    Hawkeye
    +1
    Did you HEAR Jay Carney today??

HE made the claim that the operation was BUSH'S and that Holder ENDED it and SHOULD be lauded for that.. Of COURSE it's a bunch of lies but the first thing that I thought of is that Holder has been saying ALL along that HE knew NOTHING of Fast and Furious until a YEAR after Carney NOW says that Holder ended the operation in 2010....
  • Dan™: R... Hawkeye 2012/06/22 23:41:56 (edited)
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    I heard it. What a ridiculous spectacle. I'm reading some Democrats are even now saying Carney should be fired for that totally laughable press briefing.
  • Hawkeye Dan™: R... 2012/06/22 23:52:08
    Hawkeye
    +1
    As MUCH as I laughed out loud at Jay Carney,, Juan Williams of FNN,, sustituted for Beckel on " The Five" today and REALLY Angered me..

On more then ONE occasion he picked up on the Democrat Matra'' THIS is NO Big Deal" when the subject of "Fast and Furious " came up but he took it a bit over the line..

When it was mentioned that people might think it's a big deal because somebody got murdered his response was " SO what??? People die.. People get murdered every day"... Even after being told that the parentsfelt that they had a right to know how their son died he was both Flippant and Callous..

i mean.. THEY must be desparate to bury this story if Juan Williams can act like such an A-Hole on National TV..
  • Dan™: R... Hawkeye 2012/06/24 15:14:06
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +1
    They are definitely desperate. Invoking executive privilege in this instance was an act of pure desperation. Juan Williams has been in desperation mode for quite some time now. I used to respect him, but he's become a shameless partisan over the past 6 months and has no credibility about anything having to do with the Obama administration. He's in total denial about what a failure Obama has been, and he's in denial about how corrupt this administration has been.
  • Hawkeye Dan™: R... 2012/06/24 17:06:33
    Hawkeye
    +1
    He was one of the few that didn't resort to the race card when he defended his holy Messiah... THAT too has changed.. NOW,, he's not THAT much different then Geraldo Rivera..
  • uguess Dan™: R... 2012/06/22 06:42:44
    uguess

YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THIS !
  • Greg 2012/06/21 14:13:14
    NO
    Greg
    +4
    What are they hiding, BO campaigned on being the most transparent President in the history of the United States...
    I wasn't sure what to believe before BO pulled the Executive privilege, now I believe BO's administration is withholding very incriminating information...

Obama...GTFO
  • Child of light 2012/06/21 11:17:27
    NO
    Child of light
    +5
    If Obama and Eric "withholder" (pun intended) truly have nothing to worry about, they should let Congress see these documents, unless that is, they do have something to hide. It's most likely not going to harm national security if they let Congress view those files.
  • The Duke Child o... 2012/06/21 21:34:22
    The Duke
    +1
    But I would be willing to bet disclosure would DEFINITELY harm Holder and Zer0-bama's JOB security.
  • Child o... The Duke 2012/06/22 00:21:35
    Child of light
    +1
    I agree. That's exactly why they don't want to disclose these documents.
  • john Kills 2012/06/21 11:16:19
    YES
    john Kills
    +5
    He couldn't hide his treason if he allowed the records to been seen.
  • The Duke 2012/06/21 10:31:00
    NO
    The Duke
    +5
    Smacks of a cover-up the same as Richard Nixon's attempted use of it. Probably because it IS an attempt at a cover-up.
  • Dan™: R... The Duke 2012/06/21 15:10:58
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +3
    But nobody was murdered because of Watergate.

Thanks to the Fast & Furious scandal, over 200 Mexicans and at least two law enforcement professionals have been murdered.
  • Sam DeP... The Duke 2012/06/21 19:48:00
    Sam DePecan
    +3
    One has to wonder where Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward are hiding out .... And if they are just so tired of counting-all-of-their-money???
  • Lerro D... Sam DeP... 2012/06/21 19:57:45
    Lerro DeHazel
    Well, you have to realize that in Watergate, it was not the Gumball Machine that was broken into that came into question; but it was more to do with the merchandise that the pennies were spent on . . . The pennies that were stolen from the Watergate Gumball Machine.
  • CAPISCE 2012/06/21 08:57:27
    NO
    CAPISCE
    +6
    Obama knows he has blood on his hands

2014/04/24 19:45:17