Ex-SEAL Says 'Nearly Certain' Women in Combat Will Cost Lives and Weaken Military Preparedness: Agree?

Fef 2013/01/24 18:00:00
Like it or not, Obama's administration will start assigning women to combat roles in the United States military. Former Navy SEAL commander and Montana State Sen. Ryan Zinke doesn't like it because he says it will hurt the military's fighting ability. Zinke says he's “nearly certain” that women in combat will cost lives and "has the potential to degrade our combat readiness."

Zinke doesn't question the physical readiness of female troops. In fact, he says he has seen several female athletes outperform male troops. Zinke worries about the other variables. Zinke says, "I think it is hasty and will result in unintended consequences that will lead unfortunately to a loss of life."

The question doesn't ask if women should have the right, or if President Obama made the right decision. Rather, let's focus on the results of the decision -- will it hurt the American military as a fighting force? Or could it improve the fighting force?

NEWSMAX.COM reports:
Ex-SEAL Zinke: 'Nearly Certain' Women in Combat Will Cost Lives
women in military

Read More: http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/zinke-women-combat...

• Che Guevara - Hero 2013/01/24 23:11:25
    No, I disagree
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +61
    I think there are a lot of Chauvinistic Men out there that didn't serve when they had the chance and are afraid that there are women out there that have more courage and REAL Patriotism than they will EVER have.

I think if a woman wants to serve in a combat arms job then more power to her. A Soldier is a Soldier. They serve and some die. I have great respect for anyone that volunteers to go into harms way when their country calls.

-139 Female Soldiers Have Died in Iraq and Afghanistan
    -800 female service members have been wounded in either Afghanistan or Iraq

women in combat

• lorrain 2013/12/30 14:05:03
    Yes, I agree
    lorrain
    I was a female in the military. there is much needed comradery. the military is a place where the actions of one could cause a travesty for many. I myself do not like the men and woman on the front line together. a good man is always going to protect a woman and that is a distraction on the frontlines. while it is also the good man who is the best at war. the other guy who doesn't care is the guy who will try to hurt the woman, yes even in combat. don't think it won't happen. there are so many reasons this should not happen. keep woman in a separate unit.
  • Ray Louis 2013/01/30 17:56:25
    Yes, I agree
    Ray Louis
    If a Women wants to be a Navy Seal, Great. But She should go through the EXACT training the MEN do.
  • joseph digristina 2013/01/29 08:55:44
  • us 2013/01/29 03:37:58
    No, I disagree
    us
    +1
    NOT sure, I believe there are some women that are stronger than men now days. I believe if a women wants to fight in combat and she has proved she is good. I believe until you are actually in combat no one knows.
  • gfreeman BN-0 2013/01/28 21:10:44
    No, I disagree
    gfreeman BN-0
    +1
    Too bad women have already been in combat situations.
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2013/01/28 15:49:15
    No, I disagree
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    From looking at the answers of many so called men on this forum; I realized many of them can't control their emotions.

emotional
  • greg.fica 2013/01/28 07:13:50
    Yes, I agree
    greg.fica
    +1
    I have firsthand experience. When I'm working, I don't want to have to watch my mouth because some female gets offended by what I'm talking to my friends about then we learn to despise said female. That's stupid, and it really hurts morale. If women want to be in combat arms like a man, they should meet a man's requirements. Having an easier PT test than a man is BS. You want equality? Do our PT test. There are also some women who use 'sexual harassment' and 'just because I'm a woman' because they didn't get promoted, or awarded this. I think if a woman cries either one of these, and they are investigated and found to be untrue it should be an automatic discharge under other than honorable. Women that don't have a thick skin, women that cry equality yet can't perform on the same level as a man and women that use the sex or sexual harassment card are the ones that will destroy morale. You put women in my mos that are the opposite of what I just described? I wouldn't have a complaint in the world. There are very, very few women who can do that.

If women want equality in all things, be prepared to perform just as hard as a man would. That means ruck marches with 80lb pack while carrying a 240B, staying in the field weeks on end with little or no shower, same PT tests as a man and removing the 'you did that just because I'm a woman' card. Not to mention get ready to live like the rest of us too. Don't like it? Don't enlist. End of story.
  • greg.fica greg.fica 2013/01/28 07:17:49
    greg.fica
    And just for all you pansy liberals and college educated high and mighties, I'm not bigoted. You want equality, be prepared for true equality. Why should you receive special consideration and only have to work half as hard as the guys to get ahead in the Army/military? Gosh, that sounds bigoted. We'd better make that equal! Tell me I'm wrong and you've just disproven everything women are crying for.
  • lorrain greg.fica 2013/12/30 14:13:04
    lorrain
    ladies this is the small nasty mind you want to steer clear of in any situation
  • Ray Louis greg.fica 2013/01/30 18:01:54
    Ray Louis
    +1
    EXACT A MOONDO
    Plain and Simple, They can't have it both ways. Fight and Play like the Boys or Stay Home.
  • lorrain greg.fica 2013/12/30 14:11:43
    lorrain
    +2
    I guess you weren't in my unit. we did the same as men. us army and yes I felt like I had to carry some woman but there were also some men who were not worth their weight in canned food. anyway I still think on the front lines men and woman should be separated.
  • Lt. Fred 2013/01/27 07:55:39
    No, I disagree
    Lt. Fred
    +3
    Nonsense. A woman who is qualified to be at the front line is as likely to screw up as a man who is qualified.
  • greg.fica Lt. Fred 2013/01/28 07:29:23
    greg.fica
    +1
    True. But how many women can meet the standards that men currently have to meet to be there? Not many. We couldn't have inequality in any form, now could we?
  • Lt. Fred greg.fica 2013/12/30 21:10:33
    Lt. Fred
    That's fine, then there won't be many women in.
  • lorrain Lt. Fred 2013/12/30 14:14:47
  • pammerjammer 2013/01/27 06:41:28
    No, I disagree
    pammerjammer
    +3
    Women can be ruthless. Does it seem to hinder Israel?
  • Bugz Bunny 2013/01/26 16:25:00
    No, I disagree
    Bugz Bunny
    +2
    That is degrading to women. I know women in my community who could beat you down if they really wanted to. It's like saying your mother shouldn't be able to have children because she's over the age of 35. So Zinke can stick that nearly certain up his butt.
  • Gid 2013/01/26 07:55:07
    No, I disagree
    Gid
    +1
    I think it matters how it is done. If we take an approach of lowering the bar to get equal numbers of men and woman in combat yes, but if we keep the same standards and let the few G.I Jane's in who can and want to be there it should work out okay.
  • greg.fica Gid 2013/01/28 07:31:02
    greg.fica
    +1
    Exactly. Totally agree on females meeting the current standards. Don't compromise standards to let them get in. That wouldn't be equal. And it would also admit that women aren't built the same as men. Can't have that either.
  • Troy 2013/01/26 06:48:44
    No, I disagree
    Troy
    +3
    Same old B/S they said about the gays, unit cohesion this, morale that, combat readiness the next thing. Yea well show me a report that says any one of those guys got killed or maimed as they were taking it up the fox hole?

Has the US military collapsed, have troops left in their droves, did the apocalypse so widely predicted happen? - No!

I note the opinion was proffered by an EX navy seal "well back in my day we wouldn't have it, no sir, bad for moral"

Drag yourself into the 21st centuary, and please stop being so tough on your PROFESSIONAL, forces. They have excellent discipline "these days" you know.
  • sockpuppet Troy 2013/02/11 23:45:51
    sockpuppet
    They're talking about women... not homosexuals. Big difference.
  • Troy sockpuppet 2013/02/13 00:35:01
    Troy
    I appreciate than and say, I know very many hardy "ladies" who would have no problem with the wet work at all and are in fact, by their gender, better placed to carry it out! Possibly because they are (tongue in cheek) butch dykes!
  • sockpuppet Troy 2013/02/13 01:08:49
    sockpuppet
    They're don't have the physical strength or stamina. They'll keep the standards dumbed down, and the men will have to cover for them. Then there's the matter of separate facilities, "privacy" screening, pregnancies and the ever-present threat of rape allegations.
  • Troy sockpuppet 2013/02/13 01:32:39
    Troy
    "They're don't have the physical strength or stamina" - Ya think?
    Isn't that a little sterotypical of you? I know plenty women who could better a man without any difficulty.

"They'll keep the standards dumbed down" and of course their comanding officers being as unprofessional and bias as you will allow them to continue in post and jeopardise the mission?

" the men will have to cover for them." - clearly you have never been front line in your life!

"Then there's the matter of separate facilities, "privacy" screening" - so we need to buy some curtains!!! Whoopy dooh!

"pregnancies" Women get pregnant - news flash, that's how we populate the world - duh!

"and the ever-present threat of rape allegations" - If you work at MacDonalds, the white house, the empire state building or on a lollipop at a school crossing there is the possibility of being accused of rape. If you didn't do it you didnt do it, I don't get your point?
  • sockpuppet Troy 2013/02/13 04:38:07
    sockpuppet
    If so many women could hack the Army APFT, they wouldn't have special, dumbed-down standards to meet. I've been there, trained alongside of them, seen how it works. And if they can't carry me out of harm's way or hump a can of ammo, they're a waste of chow and supplies in the field.

Done my share of field time, in and out of combat. You're talking out of your ass.

You sound like you don't give a damn about our troops in the first place, pal. Anything we can do to make their job a bit safer and easier should be the rule-- not this 'feel good' nonsense you politically correct know-nothings like to give lip service to.
  • Troy sockpuppet 2013/02/13 23:45:47 (edited)
    Troy
    Oh please....!!!
    Quote "You sound like you don't give a damn about our troops in the first place"
    F*king right I do, It's our boys and - for that matter girls who are used to train up your dumb assed newbees in conflict zones!!! FFS!

The UK has the best fighting force of any nation on the planet - look it up!
    (Oh and BTW we deploy women and gay people, so get it right up you!)
  • sockpuppet Troy 2013/02/14 00:29:33
    sockpuppet
    What a moron you are! :O)

unbelievable
  • Troy sockpuppet 2013/02/14 01:57:13
    Troy
    Thank you for the response I would expect from someone of your intellect!
    Have a nice (living in la, la land) life!
  • Bali 2013/01/26 05:57:01
    Yes, I agree
    Bali
    +1
    There is NO doubt he is right.
  • Lt. Fred Bali 2013/01/27 09:06:49
    Lt. Fred
    +1
    I beg to differ.
  • Bali Lt. Fred 2013/01/27 12:44:19
    Bali
    +1
    thats your problem Lt. i would not have wanted a woman having my 6.
  • Lt. Fred Bali 2013/01/27 13:00:17
    Lt. Fred
    +1
    Because you're a bigot.
  • Bali Lt. Fred 2013/01/28 05:20:48
    Bali
    Actually because I am not an imbecile or a fool. But to each their own.
  • Lt. Fred Bali 2013/01/28 06:14:08
    Lt. Fred
    The only reason you could prefer a qualified man to a qualified woman doing a job is bigotry.
  • Bali Lt. Fred 2013/01/28 06:37:11
    Bali
    whatever you say toots.
  • greg.fica Lt. Fred 2013/01/28 07:19:31
    greg.fica
    Actually, no, its his opinion. And he has a right to it. Berating him with the 'bigot' word doesn't change anything. You want equality, perform everything a man has to.
  • Lt. Fred greg.fica 2013/01/28 08:31:58
    Lt. Fred
    +1
    Well, firstly, I'm male. So that was just dumb.

Secondly, I DO want equality. So women should be paid as much as men, ect. Everyone with more than half a brain and enough morals to care about other people is a feminist.

Thirdly, it is simply a fact to describe a person who hates women as a bigot. That's simply true.

Fourthly, at no point did I suggest that his 'opinion' that women are inferior should be punished. I did describe that view as bigoted, accurately.
  • Troy greg.fica 2013/02/13 01:50:04
    Troy
    Quote "You want equality, perform everything a man has to"

Holy guacamole, thats exactly what they are asking for, whats the problem then?
  • Troy Troy 2013/02/14 02:28:59
    Troy
    It really bugs my sh*t when I hear people disrespecting women because they believe the steriotype that all women are feminine "homemakers"

I know some women who have been trained to kill, and trust me I, nor you would want to get on the wrong side of these people. They, or rather those , who have chosen to join the military & or special forces are not "home maker" material.

As such they are darned well due the respect of the rest of us, as they put their lives on the line for the peace and security of you and I , who go to our office each day and complain when the feckin sandwich machine runs out of our favourite bite!
  • Casey 2013/01/26 04:32:09
    No, I disagree
    Casey
    +1
    This man is from montana? That says everything....they really fall into line with the bible bumping people who believe a woman needs a mans approval to do anything and that's what would hinder them not the woman but her waiting on some dumb mans approval. I'm suprised a man from montana has anything to do with government considering all the militias and they are extremly anit government and yes I would kno I use to live there

2014/10/30 09:17:10