Even though obama and the democrats are extremely anti-american and evil in every way some states are still strongly democrat- how do you explain this?

den 2012/02/03 11:49:08
ignorant and degraded people now make up a significant part of our population

• ray 2012/02/03 12:41:24
    other ideas
    ray
    +7
    Look at the map below , consider who is most dependent on a government checks , contractors , welfare , public housing , government jobs , Student loans, dependent on unneeded military bases . Quite willing to vote government cash over country.

Now consider who receives the least in government services and are most likely to have to be self supporting and independent .
    That is the difference over the red and the blue.

county by county election map 2008

• Mrs. V 2012/02/05 22:50:24
    other ideas
    Mrs. V
    The states that are decidedly Democrat? I'd say that the majority of the U.S. is conservative, and that elections are decided by New York City, California, Chicago and other large concentrations of "democrats".

2008
    conservative elections york city california chicago large concentrations democrats 2008

2004
    elections york city california chicago large concentrations democrats 2008 2004

2000
    york city california chicago large concentrations democrats 2008 2004 2000
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/02/03 22:05:42
    other ideas
    ✞Knight of Honor
    They sacrifice morality for the economy.
  • Malachi 2012/02/03 18:56:19
    other ideas
    Malachi
  • Wolfman 2012/02/03 16:51:03 (edited)
    A lot of people in the US now have degraded and illogical minds
    Wolfman
    +1
    1) Yellow-dog Democrats would vote for a yellow dog before they would vote Republican.

2) Racists will vote for Obie because he is black.

3) Some are so stupid that they believe Obie is doing a great job.

4) Some Progressives (Communists) believe that the Constitution and our country should be destroyed bt Cloward-Pivins.

5) The MSM believes that Obie is doing a wonderful job and they do everything they can to help him.

6) Some believe that they would have to go back to work if Obie is not re-elected.
  • Tasine 2012/02/03 16:04:25
    Tasine
    +3
    I see it as unadulterated ignorance. Most democrats don't have a clue what they are voting for - and many of them never give a thought to what their politicians do to them. I speak from having grown up amongst Democrats and have Democrat friends.......and I read what they write here and elsewhere.
  • Rebel Yell 2012/02/03 15:42:45
    other ideas
    Rebel Yell
    So, if someone disagrees with your political views, that automatically makes them all evil, ignorant, degraded, and anti-American. That assertion definitely says something about you. You have my condolences.
  • den Rebel Yell 2012/02/04 12:07:16
    den
    they are evil because they believe in killing innocent unborn babies, promoting sexual perversion, helping the radical muslim brotherhood overthrow countries, ignoring the constitution etc- they disagree with Gods' laws, that is why they are evil, also they are trying to turn our country to socialism-that is all evil.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/02/03 15:30:33 (edited)
    other ideas
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    for one, the democrats aren't anti-american and evil in any way. We are the smart ones who love this country and are on the right track with this President. Take off your blinders and see what's really going on.

These are the real evil ones.
    republican clowns

Have a great day.
  • ed 2012/02/03 12:59:33
    ed
    +4
    more people in those states depend on the government to take care of them. this is still america and the greatest country
  • flrdsgns ed 2012/02/03 15:47:55
    flrdsgns
    +3
    LA is a red state. Those people still aren't working after Katrina. They are still wanting the government to support them.
  • Tasine flrdsgns 2012/02/03 16:06:58
    Tasine
    +1
    But a bunch of them came over to Texas and got jobs and moved to Texas.
  • flrdsgns Tasine 2012/02/03 16:13:33
    flrdsgns
    +2
    Good, glad to seem some of them have the self respect to move to where there were jobs.
  • D D 2012/02/03 12:53:13
    other ideas
    D D
    +2
    Spite.
  • ray 2012/02/03 12:41:24
    other ideas
    ray
    +7

county by county election map 2008
  • Erin Ro... ray 2012/02/27 04:57:55
    Erin Rounds
    +3
    Ray and Ms. V, you completely misunderstood that map. Are you familiar with the Tax Foundation? If you want to understand taxation it's a great thing to be familiar with. Land mass is not population. All that red stuff is comparatively empty. People live where it is blue. The majority of people in the US live in urban areas (that includes suburbs which wouldn't exist without cities). Eastern and Western high income urban states are DONOR states. They support taker states like Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arizona and Montana, http://www.taxfoundation.org/... New Jersey residents only got 55 cents back in federal spending for every dollar they paid in federal taxes. It's called "Red State Welfare". In addition, blue states have lower percentages of the population living below the poverty line. The 'average' resident of a blue state is more educated than the average resident in a red state. Blue states have lower rates of teen pregnancy, suicide and firearm deaths. However, there is less binge drinking in red states. http://godlesspaladin.com/201... If that wasn't enough, liberals average more years of education, have higher IQs and have larger anterior cingulate cortexes. That's the part of the brain that processes complexity. Conservative...
    Ray and Ms. V, you completely misunderstood that map. Are you familiar with the Tax Foundation? If you want to understand taxation it's a great thing to be familiar with. Land mass is not population. All that red stuff is comparatively empty. People live where it is blue. The majority of people in the US live in urban areas (that includes suburbs which wouldn't exist without cities). Eastern and Western high income urban states are DONOR states. They support taker states like Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arizona and Montana, http://www.taxfoundation.org/... New Jersey residents only got 55 cents back in federal spending for every dollar they paid in federal taxes. It's called "Red State Welfare". In addition, blue states have lower percentages of the population living below the poverty line. The 'average' resident of a blue state is more educated than the average resident in a red state. Blue states have lower rates of teen pregnancy, suicide and firearm deaths. However, there is less binge drinking in red states. http://godlesspaladin.com/201... If that wasn't enough, liberals average more years of education, have higher IQs and have larger anterior cingulate cortexes. That's the part of the brain that processes complexity. Conservatives have larger amygdalas, a more primitive area of the brain that creates and processes emotions, especially fear.
  • Erin Ro... Erin Ro... 2012/02/27 05:01:10
    Erin Rounds
    +3
    I will not deny, however, that the majority of Americans, liberal and conservative, are idiotic, illogical sheep. I have seen the truth behind the generalization that liberals can't do math, but those are the sheep, not the leaders and thinkers. The same is true of conservatives. Liberals are more likely to be able to do Differential Equations, though.
  • ray Erin Ro... 2012/02/27 14:09:44
    ray
    "liberals average more years of education, have higher IQs and have larger anterior cingulate cortexes."

Here I will presume your joking . The suggestion here is that with a random sampling of 10,000 persons from public housing projects on the east and left coast , would prove to be of greater intelligence than 10,000 persons chosen at random from the center of the country? Surely such studies were written by the Onion.
    You aware that the schools in Red States tend to be superior ? According to an article titled "Blue State Schools: The Shame of a Nation" which cites as source material
    Newsweek http://www.thedailybeast.com/... and the Washington post .

However if one accepts these polls , then one must concede that in the hierarchy of
    smarts Progressive / liberals are second place to Tea Party members who are better educated more successful according to the New York Times. http://economix.blogs.nytimes...
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/02/03 12:17:01
  • ed Chris -... 2012/02/03 12:57:51
    ed
    +5
    true and we need to do what we can to change that. this is still america and the greatest country
  • AndrewTally 2012/02/03 12:04:31
    other ideas
    AndrewTally
    +2
    With a question like that, you shouldn't have the nerve to call the Democrats anti-American.

Evil in every way? What babble.
  • den AndrewT... 2012/02/03 13:48:36
    den
    +3
    people agree with me 6 or 7 to one- remember I asked the question - thank you for your answer
  • JoeBtfsplk 2012/02/03 12:04:02
    JoeBtfsplk
    +5
    LBJ's failed "War On Poverty" ! - - -

President Lyndon B. Johnson declared a "War On Poverty." Johnson's declaration came just weeks after succeeding to the White House upon the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Making poverty a national concern set in motion a series of bills and acts, creating programs such as Head Start, food stamps, work study, Medicare and Medicaid, which still exist today. The programs initiated under Johnson brought about real results, reducing rates of poverty and improved living standards for America's poor.

The decrease in poverty has been minimal at best, so the conclusion is:

Get the government out of the business of "REDISTRIBUTION"

GET OBAMA OUT OF THE GOVERNMENT.
  • Evil 1 2012/02/03 11:58:28
    other ideas
    Evil 1
    +1
    I don't think it is party affilliation that is the crux of the matter. It is the the liberal/progressive mindset. And there are Democrats that do not follow the destructive principles and idiocy of the far left. I also think that over the years many registered Democrats have in all reality become more or less Independents and just haven't changed party affilliation for one reason or another.
  • den Evil 1 2012/02/03 13:49:29
    den
    +1
    yes but it is absorbed into the democratic party to express itself
  • Evil 1 den 2012/02/03 14:38:07
    Evil 1
    +1
    Not really. It is up to the individual. I'm a registered Democrat and have been for over 30 years. I'm just not a liberal/progressive left leaning lunatic. Many Democrats do not hold the values of the far left and it is becoming more apparent on a daily basis. Furthermore it was the Independent vote that put Obama in office in 2008 which were as I previously stated many Democrats (such as myself) who have yet to change party affiliation for one reason or another.
  • Tasine Evil 1 2012/02/03 16:13:15
    Tasine
    Why not do as I have done? I was Republican for 50 years, but as it slid farther and farther left, I quit it and joined the Libertarian Party. If better parties can do better jobs, let's make them major parties and let the Progressives and RINOs fend for themselves.
  • Evil 1 Tasine 2012/02/03 17:05:53 (edited)
    Evil 1
    +1
    There are certain reasons that I haven't changed. Regardless of my party affilliation I have never been a 'hard line' party voter. I have always voted for the individual that I felt was most qualified and would do the best job. I have always pretty much let the parties fend for themselves as if I choose to donate to a candidate I do so based on whether they meet the standards I have set not the party they belong to.
  • den Evil 1 2012/02/03 23:21:11
    den
    why do you support a left wing party/?
  • Evil 1 den 2012/02/04 11:57:49
    Evil 1
    If you read what I previously wrote you would be aware of the fact that I don't. To support the party one needs to be a 'hard line' party voter and support every Democrat candidated as well as support them monetarily. If you would read all my previous post you would realize that is not the case.
  • Jo 2012/02/03 11:53:39
    other ideas
    Jo
    +1
    you're right--"ignorant and degraded people now make up a significant part of our population".......they're called "conservatives":))
  • Wolfman Jo 2012/02/03 16:55:53
    Wolfman
    Aww, Jo. We had all hoped that you would get better.
  • Jo Wolfman 2012/02/03 21:06:21
    Jo
    nope:))

2014/04/16 07:49:13