Ero-guro-- a simple fetish or a psychological problem?

androgyneric 2008/12/12 18:48:19
Ero-guro -- *Erotique Grotesque* is an underground fetish revolving around dismemberment, viscera, disembowelment, beheading, etc. (For more info visit gurochan.net (Not work safe!!)-- Or Wikipedia--)

Is this a simple fetish branching (however distantly) from BDSM, or is this something deeper?

• Sin 2012/09/11 22:56:06
    Nah, it's all good.
    Sin
    +1
    -"considering that i love seeing myself both as the victim or as the person causing it... most often or not.. its more likely the victim's position is the sexiest.."- angel devil
    - the idea that you are getting off on the images aren't sick.. thats like saying people are sick because they are getting off on hentai.. or porn... just has more death, sex and gore.. which is delish
  • Sin Sin 2012/11/07 19:58:01
    Sin
    when it involve pedofilism.. i should clarify... well its a bit different but as long as you dont take it literally to the real world than its alright in my opinion
  • angel devil 2012/09/11 22:49:20
    Nah, it's all good.
    angel devil
    +2
    considering that i love seeing myself both as the victim or as the person causing it... most often or not.. its more likely the victim's position is the sexiest.. but i shouldn't say that.. but i did :x
  • seb 2010/08/02 05:41:23
    Nah, it's all good.
    seb
    +2
    i am absolutely opsessed with guro, but have no fear, i am not a future serial killer, because i hate seeing others in pain!....what? yes, i hate seeing others in pain, but love to put myself in the victims place and imagine myself in a world of relentless, searing pain and torment.
  • Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~ 2010/04/22 16:23:33
    Nah, it's all good.
    Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~
    +1
    Personally, I like it... but in my case, I wanna be the victim in it.
    Not that it would actually happen, hence why I read it rather than act it out.

If with an insane person, it can pose a problem. But you also have perfectly sane (well, I say that but everyone is insane to some point) people who get off on it and move on.
  • seb Surgeon... 2010/08/02 05:36:35
    seb
    +2
    wow, i thought i was the only one who would want to be the victim, i guess the worlds bigger than i thot.
  • For Your Entertainment 2009/12/05 05:10:30
    Nah, it's all good.
    For Your Entertainment
    i guess it would depend on how far you actually take it. i like grotesque things and i can come up with like 20 ways to disembowel someone, but i would never actually do any of them.
  • Rose 2009/12/04 18:34:14
    Nah, it's all good.
    Rose
    I think left unchecked, it could develop into something more dangerous... there's just a fine line between fantasy and real life. But gore! Now, that's kind of my thing. I just spent three hours browsing that whole site, so thank you.
  • For You... Rose 2009/12/05 05:13:05
    For Your Entertainment
    +1
    you like gore than you should look at HTTP//rotten.com its crazy
  • Rose For You... 2009/12/06 14:25:09
    Rose
    I've been there.... crazy how the insides of a person look so fake, huh? But it's all real on there, i know :) Some very unfortunate happenings and very quick cameramen
  • For You... Rose 2009/12/12 00:09:16
    For Your Entertainment
    +1
    i know its so crazy they look fake i have to say go cameramen
  • Rhiannon 2009/07/29 05:20:42
    Nah, it's all good.
    Rhiannon
    +2
    I see no problem with it whatsoever as long as it stays fictional. I'm alternately aroused, amused, and appalled by it, myself.
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2009/03/04 05:02:32
    Nah, it's all good.
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    Ok...never heard of it...looked it up...

From your question I though you meant it was a part of bdsm where people actually do dismembering and stuff on eachother!...lol

That I might find disturbing....

but no, I don't find anything wrong with the art...it's not as bad as the images you see on rotten.com, a website I love by the way...guess their must be something "psychologicaly" wrong with me....

I do not consider this a fetish...
  • Neo-Dark 2008/12/15 18:45:29
    Nah, it's all good.
    Neo-Dark
    +1
    Everyone has their own taste in things... I mean... if someone prefers stuff like that... they enjoy stuff like that... I mean... come on... I think we both know someone into Yaoi... but juat for that alot of people would be like "Ewww that's sick... you are sick in the head"... It's like those people that search for YouTube video's just to say they suck... I mean... come on... if you don't like it... you need not look at it.

I guess I'm too open minded to say yes to it being a psychological problem because I mean... I know someone who enjoys seeing stuff like that... and... I'm friends with them... thing is... if they enjoy it... they can... I don't wanna tell them they are sick and twisted or anything from that... just cause of them enjoying images like that...

As I'm saying... peoples tastes just simply vary...
  • androgy... Neo-Dark 2008/12/17 17:45:43
    androgyneric
    +2
    Oh well. I like it. :D
  • Neo-Dark androgy... 2008/12/17 23:57:33 (edited)
    Neo-Dark
    +1
    Heh, there are good and bad images... I mean... some stuff is over the top... but other stuff is cool...

I personally change alot... heh... there's only one artist whose art I know I always like... *pokes you* maybe not all the images are ones I'll love to death... but her skill is amazing... *pokes you again* isn't it???
  • kadia 2008/12/12 19:03:52
    Meh, I guess.
    kadia
    never heard of it till now tho
  • androgy... kadia 2008/12/12 19:14:18
    androgyneric
    But if you look into it you'll be gravitating to yes, my dear . *sends a hug* :3
  • kadia androgy... 2008/12/12 19:15:32
    kadia
    *fondles*lol not really

2014/07/28 05:59:49