Energy Secretary Renounces Call For Higher Gas Prices. Do you believe him?

Quietman ~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/13 23:14:53

“Since I walked in the door, as secretary of energy, I’ve been doing everything in our powers to do what we can to reduce these gas prices,” Sec. Chu told the Senate hearing.

Sen. Lee then asked Chu: “Are you saying that you no longer share the view that we need to figure out how to boost gasoline prices in America?”

“I no longer share that view,” Sec. Chu said.

Sen. Lee then followed up: “But, you did then, but you don’t now?”

“When I became secretary of energy, I represented the U.S. government, and I think now in this economic very slow return, these prices could well affect the comeback of our economy and we’re very worried about that,” Chu replied.

“So, of course we don’t want the price of gasoline to go up; we want it to go down,” Chu concluded.

Earlier, Sen. Lee questioned Chu’s ability to empathize with the average American’s plight at the pump:

“I don’t know how much driving you, personally do, yourself. So. You may not personally be feeling the gouge at the pump. But, I assure you that hundreds of millions of hard-working Americans do feel this.”

Chu, of course, is chauffeured to and from work on the taxpayers’ dime.

Read More: http://cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/energy-sec...

2014/11/28 14:45:56