Elderly disabled woman assaulted by racist. Do white victims get less attention in the media?

FanOreilly 2012/06/07 18:52:58
Yes, white victims get less attention in the media
No, white victims get plenty of attention, this story was all over the news
Elderly disabled woman assaulted by racist.

MODESTO, CA - A 69-year-old woman was assaulted while sitting in her motorized wheelchair at a Modesto bus stop on Tuesday.

An ensuing investigation revealed the woman was waiting for a Modesto Area Express Bus when Nicholas Velasquez, 29, of Modesto, punched her in the face then walked away saying "I hate white people", according to Armendariz.

The woman sustained a black eye and her glasses were broken in the assault, said Armendariz.

Officers searched the area and located Velasquez nearby on Scenic Rd. He was arrested without incident and booked into Stanislaus County Jail on one count of elder abuse and another count of committing a hate crime.

No leading story on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN or MSNBC.
No mobilizing of the department of justic.
No civil rights rallies.
No riots by white supremacists.
No racist retaliations by white youths.

Do white victims get less attention in the media?

Read More: http://www.news10.net/news/article/195916/2/Woman-...

• FanOreilly 2012/06/07 18:55:15
    FanOreilly
    +34
    The liberals who dominate the media have a movie that runs in their minds that non-whites are perpetually the victims of white thugs. When a story does not fit their narrative, they are less emotionally motivated to report it and as a result frequently declare racism where none exists (where non-whites are painted as victims) and ignore real cases of racism (where whites are victims).

Liberals cannot be trusted with power and they cannot be trusted to tell an honest story.

zimmerman warren

• jon 2012/06/13 17:19:43
    jon
    That is not "in" and way too "common every day stuff" every assault is an offense against civilization (although a few practice offensive language and action to a point of just reward) and should be advertised, condemned, and punished roundly color is immaterial only employed for self-service of that advocate.
  • bettyboop 2012/06/12 18:10:26
    bettyboop
    +1
    Sure the so called "whites" are expected to buck it up and take abuse because a 100 years ago blacks were slaves. Fact is African people sold their own into slavery, fact, just because someone is not black or dark brown does not mean they do not have other races in their genes. Take me, half choctaw/cherokee, other half irish/scottish. Half my ancestors were robbed of their land, the other half came to this country to evade being treated like scum. To look at me, a person might assume I am white with a kick ass tan. They might thing I have had a better up bringing than then. Lemme tell you it ain't so!!! Stop this race hate. Lets just value each other as human beings
  • jon bettyboop 2012/06/13 17:32:19
    jon
    +1
    Right on ....and any other conformations any one can come up with, Americans are notoriously mixed of race and "opportunity" you me the dip of a pres we have, all mixed race. the problem with the bigot/racist ( or BHO) is NOT their race, it is their actions and objectives.
  • ThinkAboutIt! 2012/06/11 21:10:04
    ThinkAboutIt!
    Cut off the hand that punched the woman.
  • Diana 2012/06/10 03:11:19
    Diana
    Again the press is afraid they may rub the minorities the wrong way and cause a race riot.
    White people don't cause race riots.
  • stevmackey 2012/06/10 02:45:38
    stevmackey
    That is because the media is responding racially. The left, even the whites, feel the left is persecuted!
  • frank 2012/06/09 22:57:04
    frank
    +1
    69 year Old White Lady who has been beaten by Racist just doesn’t sell news papers.
  • cc 2012/06/09 22:06:01
    cc
    +3
    White victims get attention when thier hot blond daughter is missing, murdered, raped or kidnapped....unless a black man is the perp.
  • Yes, white victims get less attention in the media
    One of Y'shua's,דָּנִיֵּאל
    +3
    to quote a current day racist.."WHITES HAVEN'T SUFFERED ENOUGH...YET!!"(slightly paraphrased) eric holder attorney general of the united states of america....and 250,000 CRACKERS that died to end all slavery and 50,000 GRINGOS that died protecting the peoples of mexico..still ain't enough CRACKER-GRINGO blood for these animals...HATERS and BIGOTED RACISTS, TRUTH WILL HAVE THE LAST WORD...
  • Iamfree 2012/06/08 21:29:23 (edited)
    Iamfree
    +3
    I don't recall hearing about this story. Very sad. Hope she'll be okay.
  • Herman 2012/06/08 19:52:51
    Herman
    Yeah like when Bill O'Reilly sexually harassed Andrea Mackris a producer on his program. You know that never got any attention from the liberal media. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/...
  • Radlad 2012/06/08 18:59:13
    Radlad
    +2
    while the perpetrators have no fear of the raciest holden's department of injustice.....
  • 4570GOVT Radlad 2012/06/09 16:24:35
    4570GOVT
    +1
    Holder PROTECTS THEM !
  • Spyrit Wulf 2012/06/08 18:21:43
    Spyrit Wulf
    +1
    that's horrible, people need to start paying attention to everything and stop being so biast to somebody different then them. we don't know her or why the person did it other than the fact that they were racist, but it's not right for them to attack a disabled woman.
  • Reggie☮ 2012/06/08 18:04:23
    Reggie☮
    +1
    This is a very sad situation.
  • RicardoCabeza 2012/06/08 17:27:48
    RicardoCabeza
    +1
    An old lady... Not only was she white but she was old... what is the world coming to?
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/06/08 17:21:53
    Swampdog PWCM
    +2
    Black on black or black on white crime is so prevalent, that the news papers would have nothing but crime stories if they reported every single crime committed. News stories are printed and reported on T.V. to sell advertising! Bottom line, it's about MONEY. Where are the bigot brothers, Jesse and Al?
    +1
    This kind of news doesn't sell papers and the liberal media doesn't care.
  • Tennyson James 2012/06/08 16:16:18
    Tennyson James
    Are you kidding me?! If anything white victims get more attention than minority victims. Just watch the Today show on any given morning find out who the latest white girl to go missing/get attacked/walk into a propeller/fall down while texting is.
  • jon Tennyso... 2012/06/13 17:39:47
    jon
    The Today show? now there is a place to get your data, it is entertainment for the "slightly bent" and serious liberal...........not for the fully screaming liberal toastada.
  • Tennyso... jon 2012/06/13 20:50:48
    Tennyson James
    I used it as an example since it had been the highest rated morning "news" show for decades and therefore a good example of media.
  • jon Tennyso... 2012/06/13 22:44:33
    jon
    And of those "white" girls whacked how many are whacked by some one "black" not many I would bet % wise. in any case the main issue is that "Zimmerman is and continues to be "THE TOPIC" the old lady with seeming NO cause or reason except an easy "hate" target (notice that it was a white " WOMEN" and "OLD" [no risk] not a 6'4" 280lb white MAN) will be lost and gone within the week.
    I have to say also that no one , such as bob of pro-DNC fame, here on this site is calling for this idiot attackers head, or excusing (as bob did) the black panthers hit contract on Zimmerman. I would bet that he would be condemning a nutty white supremacist group if they did likewise to the "black" assailant.
    Ya Think
  • Tennyso... jon 2012/06/14 14:19:05
    Tennyson James
    I think the difference between Zimmerman and this case (and the others that have been cited) is that Zimmerman was not initially arrested. I don't care what color you are, there is a legal process that should be followed.
  • jon Tennyso... 2012/06/14 17:00:42
    jon
    He was not......? where did that picture com from of him in the cop shop with an injury on the back of head come from? you Know the pic that the news benders blurred out and kept saying that "I don't see any head injury" HUH????
  • Birthpangs 2012/06/08 16:14:36
  • 4570GOVT Birthpangs 2012/06/09 16:26:04
    4570GOVT
    +1
    Me Too !
  • bluelady 2012/06/08 14:55:08
    bluelady
    +4
    why do things like this never happen when I am around...."come here scumbag and pick on me as an older white lady"...he probably picked on her because he knew she couldnt chase him
    amazing about the NO COVERAGE on this incident
  • meme14 bluelady 2012/06/08 21:16:05
    meme14
    What is there to report? a punch? Have you ever heard the national media report on someone being punched?
  • bluelady meme14 2012/06/09 15:55:13
    bluelady
    +2
    'Racist hate Crime in California'....Disabled woman gets attacked in public ...THis was the attack of a woman by a suspect filled with racist hatred for another race
  • meme14 bluelady 2012/06/09 15:58:58 (edited)
    meme14
    My point is that you do not hear about people being punched in the national media - if they reported on people who have been punched the news reporters would have to be auctioneers..I mean - a punch? seriously - I have never heard of ANYONE being punched and making national headlines..I just haven't...it doesn't happen
  • 4570GOVT bluelady 2012/06/09 16:28:35
    4570GOVT
    +1
    IT WAS A " HATE CRIME " ! end of story .
  • 4570GOVT bluelady 2012/06/09 16:27:32
    4570GOVT
    The " NEWS " (?) ....... Is Under A BLACKOUT , NOT to report on this stuff !
  • johnnyg 2012/06/08 14:47:45
    johnnyg
    +2
    All crime is hate crime. I love you so I'm gonna shoot you in the ass and steal your car.
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/06/08 12:49:40
    Rusty Shackleford
    +2
    Whites can not be victims of racism because only whites are racist.
  • Bali Rusty S... 2012/06/08 13:57:29
    Bali
    +3
    and n****** will always pull da race card/
  • Swampdo... Bali 2012/06/08 17:26:25
    Swampdog PWCM
    Dude you spell it out n********= neanderthal.
  • Bali Swampdo... 2012/06/09 05:27:42
  • Swampdo... Bali 2012/06/09 19:49:11
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    Just messin with ya!
  • Eli Joh... Swampdo... 2012/06/18 11:16:09
  • Eli Joh... Eli Joh... 2012/06/18 11:18:12
    Eli Johansen
    well, guess this site doesn't have a filter fpor anything, which is good. Freedom of speech. But one thing urks me. If you go onto youtube or MS word and type in God, as god, it will not have a corrction to change it to a capital G. Try wriiting allah and see what it says...

2014/11/01 05:18:25