ELDERLY COUPLE IN TULSA BEATEN, RAPED AND KILLED IN HOME INVASION

SunShine 2012/03/31 05:39:20

An 85-year-old woman was sexually assaulted and battered to death by a home invader who also shot her 90-year-old husband in the face with a BB gun.

Nancy and Bob Strait, who had celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary in December, were discovered by their daughter at their home in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Both the pensioners were rushed to hospital where Mrs Strait, who was nearly blind, died from her injuries.

Home invasion: Bob and Nancy Strait were both attacked when burglars broke into their home in Tulsa. Mrs Strait died of her injuries

Mr Strait, who served in the 101st Airborne Division in World War II, suffered a broken jaw, broken ribs and severe bleeding. He is in a serious condition in hospital.

Police have arrested 20-year-old Tyrone Dale David Woodfork in connection with the case.

The Straits' distraught family today paid tribute to the pair, who grew up in poverty in rural Oklahoma during the Great Depression.

They met each other on a blind date on Thanksgiving 1946, married a month later and went on to have six children, 18 grandchildren and about 50 great and great-great grandchildren. They had recently welcomed a great-great-great grandchild.

Their daughters Lanora and Andra told Tulsa World that the couple were loving and generous people who would do anything for anyone.

'Dad never talked, and Mama never quit talking,' Lanora said.

'Whatever she did, it came from the heart,' Andra added.

The pair could be found sitting on their porch singing and playing the guitar during warmer summer evenings.

Mr Strait, who had worked for the oil derrick supply company Lee C. Moore before retirement, enjoyed woodwork while his wife loved making quilts and baking.

They had both been struggling with health problems before the attack. Mr Strait had been diagnosed with a terminal kidney illness but had outlived the doctor's prognosis.

'He was living because Mother was alive,' Andra told Tulsa World.

The couple had had food poisoning the week before the attack.

'There is no one else who has been through what he's been through who is still alive,' Lanora said of her father.

'We pray he doesn't remember.'

Tulsa police believe burglars broke into the Straits' home either late Tuesday or early Wednesday last week. They were not found until the Wednesday evening.

The home invaders made off with their Dodge Neon, a television and $200.

Woodfork was later found hiding in a nearby house after a witness spotted the stolen vehicle being driven down the road.

He is being held at Tulsa Jail without bail accused of first-degree murder, burglary, assault with a dangerous weapon and two counts of armed robbery.

'This investigation is far from over,' Officer Jason Willingham of the Tulsa police department told Tulsa World. 'We've still got a lot of questions that we still need answered.'

Mrs Strait's funeral will be on Friday. The family has set up a fund the Nancy Strait and Bob Strait Support Trust to help pay for the service and her husband's medical care.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117695/Brutal-home-i...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117695/Brutal-home-i...TYRONE

• Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/03/31 05:59:20
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +30
    It was on local news today and when I heard it I cried and I did get physically ill.....how could anyone be so heartless....so cold. This is what we are producing nowadays? I was taught and I taught my children to respect and care for the elderly.

You can bet Obama won't even give this a second glance. Al and the others.......we will not hear a peep out of them.

• Jerry 2014/06/25 06:51:02
    Jerry
    +1
    ................. " ................. disgraceful............... " ............ with this present administration, these news events, horrible as They are, I am not surprised at all, but those responsible, should be severely punished............ " .............
  • Bob Long 2014/06/24 22:00:36
    Bob Long
    +4
    follow up, the Republican DA here declined to seek the DEATH PENALTY for this figger!
  • RoRo 2012/09/14 06:16:24
    RoRo
    +4
    HOW COULD THIS BE !!?? I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND !! I SEEN IT ON THE NEWS THE DAY AFTER HIM & HIS BROTHER LEFT MY HOUSE !! UGH IT MAKES ME SICKKK !!! THE THINGS PPL WILL DO !
  • Bob Long RoRo 2014/06/24 22:01:18
    Bob Long
    +5
    DA did not seek the death penalty for this figger.
  • Bob Long Bob Long 2014/06/24 22:01:23
    Bob Long
    +3
  • SunShine Bob Long 2014/06/25 19:31:17
    SunShine
    +1
    what???
  • RoRo 2012/09/14 06:14:11
  • peggy RoRo 2014/07/15 23:24:08
    peggy
    +1
    amazingly the police are just now being notified about your whereabouts
  • sj 2012/05/18 20:16:38
    sj
    +3
    Where is the news media and outrage on this one?
  • SunShine sj 2012/05/18 20:35:08
    SunShine
    +1
    not a word... shhhhh!!! can't talk about it.. we would be racists..
  • Bob Long SunShine 2014/06/24 22:01:38
    Bob Long
    +5
  • Bob Long sj 2014/06/24 22:01:30
    Bob Long
    +3
  • Tee 2012/05/02 22:31:31
    Tee
    +2
    Guess what? This was not labeled a hate crime. Why? Because it's not, it was just a common sick criminal act. This happened a week after the Trayvon Martin case. I know those of you that are posting BS can't possibly be that stupid. http://www.fayobserver.com/ar...
  • Bob Long Tee 2014/06/24 22:01:52
    Bob Long
    +3
  • Tee 2012/05/02 21:39:25
    Tee
    For Jackazzes out there: In crime and law, hate crimes (also known as bias-motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group, usually defined by racial group, religion, sexual orientation, disability, class, ethnicity, nationality, age, sex, gender identity, social status or political affiliation.
  • 2012/04/13 20:21:56
    +3
    Just like with everybody, some black people are really bad people. This young man, if indeed guilty and it certainly appears that he is, is one of them, and I hope he pays for this with his life, through execution or life in prison.
    But he did not target these innocent old folks because they were white, he targeted them because they were easy prey. Unlike Zimmerman in Martin's case, Woodfork set out to hurt somebody by at least taking their property and, of course, was successful. We'd all like to see him and his ilk gone from the human race. But Mr. Zimmerman was an ordinary citizen, angry that his neighborhood suffered from frequent crime, who started something with a young man who had done nothing and yet died, perhaps because Mr. Zimmerman thought any young black man was a threat.
    I sure agree that the current fashion of baggy pants a la convicts and hoodies that shroud the face as if the wearer wanted to hide does not help at all. Every one knows that a big part of street and residential crime is committed by young men, often black (or Hispanic, or Asian, or white--depending on which gangs are around), and even black people are wary of strange young men so dressed.
  • Bob Long 2014/06/24 22:02:02
    Bob Long
    +2
  • peggy Bob Long 2014/06/25 03:43:38
    peggy
    Would have if it was a while boy
  • 3164581 2012/04/12 00:00:58
    3164581
    +1
    My god... Are most of you people high functioning retards?

Zimmerman killed a young man & SEEMINGLY WALKED AWAY free under the guise of a questionable "stand your ground" law & a mishandled police investigation.

I'll re-phrase that: Me + You are in Florida, we walk into an alley, YOU punch ME in the face because I've intimidated YOU in one way or another, I grab a brick & smash YOUR skull because i fear for my life (and by fear for my life I mean I got punched in the face). That's what I'm telling the cops anyways - your not telling them anything because you've bled out onto the pavement.

All these stories of BLACK PEOPLE doing bad things to WHITE PEOPLE just so you can try to throw Obama or [insert news organization] under the bus DOESN'T FIT THE NARRATIVE.

Do you understand the difference or do I need to break it down for you like a toddler? It's apples vs oranges. These other people that are doing horrible things to other victims are GETTING CAUGHT + CHARGED. F'ing good! Black, White, Red, Purple, Neon Green - I don't care what color they are, if they committed a crime against another human being then they DESERVE THEIR DAY IN COURT.

You probably won't understand that though because you most likely are a hopped up republican, NRA advocate, or simply an obtuse racist.
  • SunShine 3164581 2012/04/14 15:31:11
    SunShine
    +2
    With respect, I must vehemently disagree with you.. I presented a report in a foreign paper because it has not been reported here... (I wonder why??) and in the title I did not highlight anything about the color of these evil men, nor did the article discuss that they were blacks.. at the bottom however, I posted a picture of the perpetrator.. so are you objecting to the color of his skin? is that it?? and I strongly object to your insinuations.. I am neither a republican, an NRA advocate or a racist and you owe me an apology. You are a hypocrite as well.. you write about some kind of "unfairness" and yet you come here and accuse me falsely.. and making a suggestion that "we" whoever that may be.. are "retards"..
    I ask you sir.. where is your fairness and why are you making false allegations??
  • Tee 3164581 2012/05/02 22:46:02
    Tee
    +2
    Fully agree!! There is no way in hell these people are as retarded as they betray. I refuse to believe an adult person on this earth is this ignorant.
  • SunShine 3164581 2012/05/16 02:01:15
    SunShine
    +1
    The day after George Zimmerman fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, a family physician wrote in a report obtained by ABC News that Zimmerman had a broken nose, “a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury.”

this is just so you have the FACTS

The three-page medical report is part of the discovery -- stacks of documents and CDs – currently being examined by the prosecution and the defense, ABC News reported.
  • Bob Long 3164581 2014/06/24 22:02:44
  • kgbear 2012/04/10 11:33:18
    kgbear
    +3
    You can bet this is another story the media won't cover. What kind of message is this sending?
  • Jeff kgbear 2012/04/11 15:50:17
    Jeff
    +2
    I don't want to take away from this tragic event by writing this, but I learned of this through people spreading the news over the internet. We as "normal" citizens must continue to come together and fight against the government's and media's manipulations. We as a people must stand together and take the country back for the sake of it's true Americans. It may seem like an impossible task, but we must become more vocal and rise above.
  • kgbear Jeff 2012/04/12 06:59:39
    kgbear
    +2
    I agree, Jeff. The situation is out of control now. What's the future going to be? The media is this country today is pure poison.
  • Keltic Poet 2012/04/07 14:58:33
    Keltic Poet
    +3
    this is the beginning, i fear, of bloodshed and violence. the thin blue line that separates polite society from these beasts is stretched beyond breaking and monsters are loose among us. they must neither be tolerated nor ignored.
  • peggy 2012/04/05 05:45:49
    peggy
    +2
    What kind of a werido would even want to rape that ole lady. I hope it was worth it for this piece of chit. I hope when he gets in prison hes some big bucks (ditch.) LOL
  • Bob Long peggy 2014/06/24 22:02:57
    Bob Long
    +1
  • peggy Bob Long 2014/06/25 03:41:48
    peggy
    Pisses me off......
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/04/03 23:55:14
    TruBluTopaz
    +4
    Yeah, where are Al and Jesse on this issue? Where are the riots?
  • STEVE 2012/04/03 20:25:03
    STEVE
    +4
    THEY DON'T COUNT, AND HOW COULD IT BE HATE CRIME, HE IS NOT WHITE!!! BLACK PANTHERS
  • MadAsHEck 2012/04/03 18:20:38
    MadAsHEck
    +7
    Shouldnt this be getting the same attention from Obama, and the MSM as the Treyvon Martin Case????
  • kgbear MadAsHEck 2012/04/10 11:44:56
    kgbear
    +3
    Sure it should. Whites would not be allowed to act out the way blacks do. That punk in Florida attacked George Zimmerman, there was a life and death struggle for Zimmerman's gun, and the punk got shot. The media doesn't want to tell it that way, but that's the way it happened. The Al Sharpton's and Jesse Jackson's think mob rule will decide this case. They're hoping the authorities will be so afraid of a riot that Zimmerman will be sacrificed.

We all know what happens when there is a riot in this country. The President visits the area a few weeks later and APOLOGIZES.
  • dude.le... kgbear 2012/05/05 15:39:15
    dude.lebowski38301
    +3
    Yeh, and then the black community wants to turn around, say that is not their problem. Creating gang banging, uncivilized youth who want to shoot everything that moves is not your problem. We need to go back to the 50s and maybe all these self-entitled uncivilized natives that draw a welfare check would shape the F up.
  • kgbear dude.le... 2012/05/21 12:13:29
    kgbear
    +2
    That's what they need. The ghettos need to be wiped out. Some countries would know how to correct this problem that we have in the United States.
  • LarryFine 2012/04/03 12:41:09
    LarryFine
    +4
    I'll be looking for Obama's press conference today.
  • SunShine LarryFine 2012/04/03 13:36:30
    SunShine
    +3
    not a word yesterday.., yesterday was reserved for a dressing down of the Scotus..how he hates those folks who interfere with him doing what he wants to destroy this country.
  • LarryFine SunShine 2012/04/03 13:40:38
    LarryFine
    +4
    He's a dangerous man. Hell bent on power and control.
  • SunShine LarryFine 2012/04/04 03:28:48

2014/10/20 11:37:18