Egypt PM urges US to end 'insults': Will US citizens respect his request?

JMCC 2012/09/15 20:08:26
Yes people understand respect...
Well it is difficult because...
No because...
In an interview with Mr Qandil said it was not right for "peaceful protests to turn violent." "This is a small number of people doing irresponsible work and everybody's paying the price”

His comments come amid protests in the Middle East and north Africa over an anti-Islam film made in the US.

The Egyptian authorities have taken measures to ensure the safety of foreign diplomatic missions in Egypt, he said, but all sides needed now to improve their view of each other.

"Egyptians, Arabs, Muslims - we need to reflect the true identity of Muslims, how peaceful they are, and talk to the Western media about the true heart of the Muslims, that they condemn violence," said Mr Qandil.

"At the same time we need to reach a balance between freedom of expression and to maintain respect for other peoples' beliefs."

• Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/09/16 02:35:06
    No because...
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +3
    Let Prime Minister 'Raghead" come to my neighborhood...I guarantee you he will be treated the US ambassador was no more and no less

• sonofason 2012/09/16 23:11:31
  • star 2012/09/16 21:05:18
    star
    Respect has to be earned. Egypt's minister is wrong. Killings deserve insults. They take our money next thing they will want us to worship them.
  • actionjksn 2012/09/16 12:59:02
  • JMCC actionjksn 2012/09/16 13:09:50
    JMCC
    +1
    Whilst I understand your point of view, and in in no way seek to justify the actions of militant radicals, but for clarification, mockery of Christ is also against Shariah law.
  • actionjksn JMCC 2012/09/16 14:08:31
    actionjksn
    +1
    But they have no problem with burning a bible or destroying a crucifix. And according to our laws they have every right to do it. Just like we have rights to do things that they don't like. I and many other Americans have a real big problem with double standards. In fact we will not tolerate them. I still say we need to leave those people over there to their own devices, and just let them self destruct. Because they would do just that. When they have absolute power you end up with something like the taliban in Afghanistan. And when the rich country's over there run out of oil, and they will run out. They will be in the same boat. The oil is all they have going for them. We can get oil from elsewhere and we can switch to clean burning natural gas. Which will last long enough for other technology's to advance enough,
    No because...
    If ya can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
  • tina 2012/09/16 07:58:18 (edited)
    No because...
    tina
    +2
    No if anything they need to quit acting like the entire population of the United States was responsible for this movie. We are not the ones bombing embassys or crashing planes into buildings killing innocent people. For F%$K sake it was just a movie. They would never give us the same respect.
  • Lady Wh... tina 2012/09/16 09:42:54
    +1
    "For F%$K sake it was just a movie..."

My thoughts exactly. Islam needs to GROW UP.
    No because...
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +3
  • kobidobidog 2012/09/15 23:57:34
    kobidobidog
    +2
    Insults is what the devil gives. The people going bonkers over a silly movies are using one book all Muslims revere. It is used to insight the violence we see over, and over again. The peoiple using it to do what they do an potentially be used by whoever. The people that use it to harm need to do this: They know I am speaking the truth.
    James 5 >> 16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.
    King James Version
    This has not been done. Doing that will humble both sides. The next thing would be for the Muslims in mass is to do away with a book waved about as an excuse to do bad to people.
  • JMCC kobidob... 2012/09/16 00:02:29
    JMCC
    +1
    Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
  • kobidob... JMCC 2012/09/16 01:28:21
    kobidobidog
    +1
    You are a man after my own heart. War will be no more with people like you..
  • mich52 2012/09/15 23:01:08
  • Barbara 2012/09/15 23:00:01
    No because...
    Barbara
    +2
    Every religion is fair game. Islam is too. If we comply with requests like this, to Islam it
    would be a sign of weakness.
  • JMCC Barbara 2012/09/15 23:02:33 (edited)
    JMCC
    Perhaps that is part of the problem for other cultures are not like our own and don;t punish the weak, only the guilty.
  • Defend ... JMCC 2012/09/16 02:09:25
    Defend Western Civlization
    +2
    America has a Constitution which gives Americans freedom of speech which we will never give up to please people who treat women lower then dogs
  • actionjksn JMCC 2012/09/16 14:17:39
    actionjksn
    Which cultures are you referring to who are not like our own and don't punish the weak and only punish the guilty? I'm very interested in finding out where these cultures exist. Maybe some primitive tribes somewhere that are isolated from Christians and muslims?
  • ed 2012/09/15 22:52:00
    Well it is difficult because...
    ed
    +1
    egypt can  can kiss my ass
  • Tommy ed 2012/09/16 01:33:34
    Tommy
    +1
    I think that they are maybe a little too sophisticated to do that...

pyramids
  • Defend ... Tommy 2012/09/16 02:10:06
    Defend Western Civlization
    +3
    the muslim terrorist and sharia lovers want to destroy the pyramids
  • Tommy Defend ... 2012/09/16 08:08:33
    Tommy
    I wouldn't be at all surprised. It might take a bit of doing though! Even a 757 at full throttle would hardly make a dent.
  • actionjksn Tommy 2012/09/16 13:17:23
    actionjksn
    "They" had nothing to do with the building of those, nor were the builders of them muslims. The "they" that you speak of, would attack and want to kill the builders of those pyramids unless they agreed to stop construction and convert to islam immediately. So that fact pretty much negates your point. Those muslim extremists study the koran and only the koran. So I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion that they are in any way "sophisticated" I would say they are the exact opposite of sophisticated. Unlike the ancient advanced civilization that built those amazing structures.
  • JMCC actionjksn 2012/09/16 13:20:05
    JMCC
    Just out of interest, who do you think was architecturally responsible for building the first dome?
  • actionjksn JMCC 2012/09/16 17:17:18
  • JMCC actionjksn 2012/09/16 17:22:10
    JMCC
    We have to remember history though and also - just by looking around this site - admit that the same thing about "tolerance of people of differing views" is also a problem that is common on both sides.

I don't justify or excuse the actions of any, simply recognise that pointing the finger at the other side is easily and less painful than self inspection.
  • actionjksn JMCC 2012/09/16 21:31:10
  • Tommy actionjksn 2012/09/16 15:00:13
    Tommy
    I was referring to the Egyptians who built the pyramids.
  • Abtidon 2012/09/15 22:36:19
    Well it is difficult because...
    Abtidon
    +2
    I can't re-sure that American people would respect his request or not.

But my very good American friend says " from an American perspective,badly needed because there is one truth, in general, about Americans; they don't pay attention to anything happening in the world that doesn't effect America, and particularly if it comes from a non-American source."
  • Defend ... Abtidon 2012/09/16 02:11:20
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    Americans have to reason to respect people who treat women lower then dogs

UK Man Threatened to Slit Pregnant Girlfriend's Throat Unless She Embraced Islam...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...

Australia: Muslim protesters chanting "Allahu akbar" turn violent, spit at police -- sign: "Behead all those who insult the prophet"
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/pol...
  • Abtidon Defend ... 2012/09/16 02:27:11
    Abtidon
    Not surprised of your hatred speech,you simply Zionist supporter of Israel ..
  • Defend ... Abtidon 2012/09/16 03:04:03
    Defend Western Civlization
    what hate speech? be specific Obama voter and Hater of Americans Inalienable rights
  • American 2012/09/15 22:29:47
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/09/15 22:08:22
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    His words are well received by me if they are truly sincere!

That said....what "insults" are you referring to?

Much of this would have been avoided had our POTUS had the foresight to see with the killing of Bin Laden and the 9/11 Anniversary Embassy security should have been upgraded BEFORE last Tuesday! Most of North Africas governments are newer and still in flux. This should have been accounted for prior!
  • JMCC littleb... 2012/09/15 22:15:25
    JMCC
    +2
    Presumably the insults include, but are not limited by, the insults to their religion and the desecration of corpses by our people - you only have to look at some of the people put on this site to understand the sort of things that he may be referring to..
  • Defend ... JMCC 2012/09/16 02:11:59
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    you mean the Taliban terrorist who toss acid on women's faces cause they do not want to be slaves?
  • JMCC Defend ... 2012/09/16 02:25:09
    JMCC

• Defend ... JMCC 2012/09/16 03:04:53
    Defend Western Civlization
  • littleb... JMCC 2012/09/16 02:37:51
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Ah well I have seen several times when Muslim Fanatics have done desecration to corpses and live beheadings of Allied Soldiers! What does he say about the Muslim Arabs performing Genocide on Black Muslims & Christians in Sudan?

So essentially he's fulla S***! Like I said I appreciate his words if they are sincere. I also know BullS*** when I hear it! How many times have Americans murdered Egyptian or Libyan Embassy Personnel? What group of SodaHeads are throwing Molitov Coctails at North Africans? It's laughable!
  • JMCC littleb... 2012/09/16 02:44:11
    JMCC
    The only way to truly defeat an enemy is to rise above them and be better than them, not diminish yourself - do you not agree?

How else can the psychological or even moral advantage be gained?

This is the central core of "hearts and minds"...
  • littleb... JMCC 2012/09/16 02:46:07
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    I just pointed to US holding the higher ground in this!

2014/10/24 13:02:22