EBay Bans Glenn Beck’s 'Obama in Pee Pee' Art Project for Charity: Fair?

Fef 2012/11/28 20:00:00
Glenn Beck created a stir by putting an Obama doll in a jar of fake urine and selling it on eBay. eBay banned the item. Glenn Beck did this in response to an artist painting Obama like Jesus. Beck supported the artist's free speech right to paint the Obama Jesus, but responded with his own free speech.

obama jesus

Should eBay have banned the sale of Beck's 'Obama in Pee Pee'? Reminder for context: Piss Christ is a 1987 photograph by the American artist and photographer Andres Serrano.
piss Christ

THEBLAZE.COM reports:
Popular online auction site eBay has yanked a piece of artwork done by Glenn Beck citing its belief that the project featured an Obama figurine floating in actual urine (it was not, however).
beck citing belief project featured obama figurine floating actual urine

Read More: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ebay-yanks-becks-o...

• Mrs. maggot 2012/11/28 17:37:36
    Foul
    Mrs. maggot
    +22
    All the proceeds for this and several other signed works to go to charity. The "pee pee" is not actually piss, so there is really no reason this should have been yanked. Shame on you EBay.

When I last looked the bid was almost 12,000 dollars, double shame on you EBay.

• scottcleaves 2012/12/05 06:53:48
    Foul
    scottcleaves
    Beck has the maturity of a two-year old and all the class of a sewer rat.
  • Bastion 2012/12/04 17:39:46
    Fair
    Bastion
    Ebay can do what it wants with it's site - just like the nonsense the SodaHead staff pull on THIS site.

Glenn Beck is so low class and moronic, I'm surprised anybody knew about his urine tantrum. Are ALL conservatives nasty, cryaby losers who have to use piss, spit and offensive insults to make themselves feel better?
  • scottcl... Bastion 2012/12/05 06:55:13
    scottcleaves
    Excellent question, B.
  • Guru_T_Firefly 2012/12/04 14:32:50
    Fair
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    Glenn Beck is a moron and nothing he could say or do could be construed as art.
  • wedge56 Guru_T_... 2012/12/05 14:55:15
    wedge56
    +2
    If people regarded eBay as a conservative company and the shoe was on the other foot...i.e. Obama/Jesus banned and peepeeObama allowed....how many people that voted would change their minds on if this was right or wrong?

On the other hand, the selling of bodily fluids is expressly forbidden by ebay anyways, so it is entirely possible that is why ebay banned the auction. Even if the urine was simulated, some program that hunts for these things probably found it and axed it automatically.
  • Guru_T_... wedge56 2012/12/05 15:01:04
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    Liberal or conservative, I'd still feel the same way.
  • wedge56 Guru_T_... 2012/12/05 15:04:56
    wedge56
    Me, too. I'm just wondering how many outraged Beck fans would say the same.
  • Guru_T_... wedge56 2012/12/05 18:05:39
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    He still has fans?
  • PetrifiedElephantPoop 2012/12/04 01:18:00
    Fair
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    +2
    Does the bashing of Obama from every angle of the earth ever stop? Pathetic!
  • Pam 2012/12/03 18:10:34
    Foul
    Pam
    +2
    Obama can mock the christian bible but an Obama doll can't be placed in colored water for charity? People have always come up with strange things like this for other presidents why not for Obama?
  • scottcl... Pam 2012/12/05 06:56:22
    scottcleaves
    Please quote Obama's "mockery" of the Christian Bible if you can.
  • Pam scottcl... 2012/12/06 15:31:38
    Pam
    +1
    Published Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This was Obama's spiritual mentor for twenty years. Black Liberation theology teaches that you cannot obtain salvation without giving up your wealth to those who have less. In a sermon by Wright he railed against "rich white people" and said that Obama understands about "rich white people." This is where Obama gets his hatred for the rich and prosperous in America. This is why Obama continues to rant that "the rich" are not paying their "fair share" even though 50% of Americans pay no taxes at all and many actually receive money as "tax refunds" even though they paid no taxes resulting in a negative tax rate.

In a video obtained exclusively by The Daily Caller, then-presidential candidate Barack Obama tells an audience of black ministers, including the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, that the U.S. government shortchanged Hurricane Katrina victims because of racism.

"The people down in New Orleans they don't care about as much!" Obama shouts in the video, which was shot in June of 2007 at Hampton University in Virginia. By contrast, survivors of Sept. 11 and Hurricane Andrew received generous amounts of aid, Obama explains. The reason? Unlike residents of majority-black New Orleans, the federal government considers those victims "part of the American fam...

Published Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"The people down in New Orleans they don't care about as much!" Obama shouts in the video, which was shot in June of 2007 at Hampton University in Virginia. By contrast, survivors of Sept. 11 and Hurricane Andrew received generous amounts of aid, Obama explains. The reason? Unlike residents of majority-black New Orleans, the federal government considers those victims "part of the American family."

The racially charged and at times angry speech undermines Obama's carefully-crafted image as a leader eager to build bridges between ethnic groups. For nearly 40 minutes, using an accent he almost never adopts in public, Obama describes a racist, zero-sum society, in which the white majority profits by exploiting black America. The mostly black audience shouts in agreement. The effect is closer to an Al Sharpton rally than a conventional campaign event. Obama gave the speech in the middle of a hotly-contested presidential primary season, but his remarks escaped scrutiny. Reporters in the room seem to have missed or ignored his most controversial statements. The liberal blogger Andrew Sullivan linked to what he described as a "transcript" of the speech, which turned out not to be a transcript at all, but instead the prepared remarks provided by the campaign. In fact, Obama, who was not using a teleprompter, deviated from his script repeatedly and at length, ad libbing lines that he does not appear to have used before any other audience during his presidential run. A local newspaper posted a series of video clips of the speech, but left out key portions. No complete video of the Hampton speech was widely released.

Obama begins his address with "a special shout out" to Jeremiah Wright, the Chicago pastor who nearly derailed Obama's campaign months later when his sermons attacking Israel and America and accusing the U.S. government of "inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color" became public. To the audience at Hampton, Obama describes Wright as, "my pastor, the guy who puts up with me, counsels me, listens to my wife complain about me. He's a friend and a great leader. Not just in Chicago, but all across the country."

By the time Obama appeared at Hampton, Jeremiah Wright had become a political problem. Wright told The New York Times earlier that year that he would no longer be speaking on the campaign's behalf because his rhetoric was considered too militant. And yet later in the Hampton speech Obama explicitly defends Wright from unnamed critics, a group he describes as "they": "They had stories about Trinity United Church of Christ, because we talked about black people in church: 'Oh, that might be a separatist church,'" Obama said mockingly.

The spine of Obama's speech is a parable about a pregnant woman shot in the stomach during the 1992 Los Angeles riots. The baby is born with a bullet in her arm, which doctors successfully remove. That bullet, Obama explains, is a metaphor for the problems facing black America, namely racism. (At a similar speech he gave in April of 2007 at the First AME Church in Los Angeles to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the riots, according to a church member who was there, Obama described the slug as, "the bullet of slavery and Jim Crow.")

Obama Mocks and Attacks Jesus Christ And The Bible. A top U.S. evangelical leader is accusing Sen. Barack Obama of deliberately distorting the Bible and taking a "fruitcake interpretation" of the U.S. Constitution. In comments aired on his radio show, Focus on the Family founder James Dobson criticized the Democratic presidential nominee for comments he made in a June 2006 speech to the liberal Christian group Call to Renewal. In the speech, Obama suggested that it would be impractical to govern based solely on the word of the Bible, noting that some passages suggest slavery is permissible and eating shellfish is disgraceful. "Which passages of scripture should guide our public policy?" Obama asked in the speech. "Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is OK and that eating shellfish is an abomination? Or we could go with Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith? Or should we just stick to the Sermon on the Mount? "So before we get carried away, let's read our Bible now," Obama said, to cheers. "Folks haven't been reading their Bible." He also called Jesus' Sermon on the Mount "a passage that is so radical that it's doubtful that our Defense Department would survive its application." Dobson said Obama should not be referencing antiquated dietary codes and passages from the Old Testament that are no longer relevant to the teachings of the New Testament. "I think he's deliberately distorting the traditional understanding of the Bible to fit his own world view, his own confused theology," Dobson said, adding that Obama is "dragging biblical understanding through the gutter." Dobson said the suggestion is an attempt to lead by the "lowest common denominator of morality." "Am I required in a democracy to conform my efforts in the political arena to his bloody notion of what is right with regard to the lives of tiny babies?" he asked. "What he's trying to say here is, unless everybody agrees, we have no right to fight for what we believe." "What the senator is saying there, in essence, is that 'I can't seek to pass legislation, for example, that bans partial-birth abortion, because there are people in the culture who don't see that as a moral issue,' " Dobson said. "And if I can't get everyone to agree with me, than it is undemocratic to try to pass legislation that I find offensive to the Scripture. Now, that is a fruitcake interpretation of the Constitution." In a stunning display of ignorance- and in a speech you will NOT see in the mainstream media, because even they apparently understand how ignorant Obama was on the issue, Obama exposes his disdain for Christians, and exposes his disdain for the word of God, by taking the typical, petty, ignorant position, that the bible advocated slavery and the stoning of children, apparently implying that Christians should live their faith by reinstating customs that were obviously secular laws that were in place in a time long ago. Obama not so subtly implied that Christians are hypocrites because they dont agree to put themselves back under the laws of Moses that are no logner relevent to Christians today! The laws of Moses were a Jewish-only set of laws. Barack Obama claims he found the Lord, whatever that means to him, but his obvious contempt for Gods word exposes the fact that Christ is not the one in control of his heart. His speech was a blatant misrepresentation of Christianity, and it was a speech whos intent was to malign and denigrate Christians, and to denigrate this great nation of ours. Stoning children for blatant disrespect of parents and of God, was a Jewish-only commandment meant to purge evil from among Gods elected people. Nowhere in the bible does God command anyone other than His own elected people, the Jews, to purge evil in such a manner. Barack Obama however is apparently too ignorant of biblical truth to realize this fact, and apparently he feels that he is big enough to call Gods commandments toward the Jews into question? Obama is also apparently too ignorant of Gods word to understand that Christians today are not under the law of Moses, and that many edicts in the bible were meant to tell the people that they needed to obey ALL laws, even the secular laws which included laws that allowed slaves, and that the Jews were not just bound to the laws that God instated, but also to the cultural laws at that time. Obama may not like that- because it completely refutes his petty attempt at maligning God, Gods word, Christians and htis great nation of ours. Obama may claim to be a Christian, and he may even succeed in fooling a couple of people, but to those who know better, we see very clearly that his words betray what he claims his heart stands for.
  • All American 2012/12/03 17:18:04
    Fair
    All American
    +3
    They can make whatever rules they want. The Pee project is crass, though.

PS - I'm uber conservative.
  • OneOfTheAmericanPeople 2012/12/03 17:08:05
    Fair
    OneOfTheAmericanPeople
    +1
    I'd buy it but O-Tard would have to be submerged in Sh*t
  • Guru_T_... OneOfTh... 2012/12/04 14:34:45
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +2
    That says an awful lot about you. Really.
  • Guru_T_... Guru_T_... 2012/12/05 15:01:41
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    Really.
  • Broddy 2012/12/03 16:36:55
    Foul
    Broddy
    +2
    Foul an i am talking about the "Art" no Ebay, i could care less what they do but this is in bad taste even for Beck.
  • Aksana 2012/12/03 16:19:31
    Foul
    Aksana
    +1
    unfair
  • wedge56 2012/12/03 15:46:16
    Fair
    wedge56
    +1
    Ebay is a private company. They can choose what they do and don't allow for auctions. I personally could care less if they let it auction off.
  • Picasso's Cat 2012/12/03 15:13:51 (edited)
    Fair
    Picasso's Cat
    +2
    Nothing the moron Glenn Beck does surprises me anymore.

Glenn Back is the pied piper of fools, and a lot of fools listen to his rantings.

Poor pathetic Americans who follow a loser thinking they will be winners!
  • PM 2012/12/03 13:20:34
    Foul
    PM
    +2
    I'm offended at this and I'm offended at the Piss Christ. What I don't understand is, how we get upset over one thing, and not the other. Also, if we get upset over someone putting Jesus (which I do) in piss, how is it we can't understand Muslims being upset when we mock Mohammed? I think people do this crap for shock value and don't really see it as any kind of art, they just want to offend others and get them all roused up.
  • Tin Man 2012/12/03 12:38:50 (edited)
    Foul
    Tin Man
    +3
    Bogus ban for political correctness. He simply expressed what many of us think in response to the Obama Jesus, piss on him. $10,000 ? Makes me want to run out and piss in a jar for my own Obama stimulus. Ha,ha...ha. jesus piss 10000 run piss jar obama stimulus haha ha
  • PM Tin Man 2012/12/03 23:24:40 (edited)
    PM
    Republicans whined and whined about people talking about Bush, but as with Clinton and now Obama, I've seen the most disgusting hate speech and imagery imaginable posted by Republicans.

You act as if Obama painted the picture of himself. You blame him for how somebody else painted him?
  • Tin Man PM 2012/12/04 00:13:15
    Tin Man
    You assume too much, my response as well as the artist expresses political satire as well, likely, as personal thought and feeling. It does not assume Obama himself had anything directly to do with it. But then perhaps you know something I don't. And so far as all this goes I think both camps do a fairly equal job with scathing remarks.
  • PM Tin Man 2012/12/04 19:09:53
    PM
    +1
    Yes, both sides have made bad remarks, but I've never seen as much disrespectful imagery of any other President as I have with Obama. Here we have the dog pooping on the President, around Halloween, one man had a noose around a scarecrow's neck with an Obama face on it, The New Yorker had a monkey with an Obama image, Glenn Beck had the Piss Obama, and there have been many other horrible images of this President, that I've never seen to this level of disrespect before.
  • scottcl... PM 2012/12/05 06:58:29
    scottcleaves
    +2
    Agreed, PM. 100% accurate.
  • Tin Man PM 2012/12/05 14:19:35
    Tin Man
    I understand what you mean. But I believe it is a means of venting outrage based on conviction in opposition to many of his actions, policies, and ideologies. Most of us have very little power to change or influence the course of this Presidency. Most remarks then have some basis in frustration. Not just simply disrespect, but disrespect for what we can do little about and fear for our country. Strong feeling and conviction. I think it is safe to say no other President has ever so galvanized or polarized Americans. Altho' it is sometimes the disrespect of the unthinking most times it is not. Regards, TM...
  • PM Tin Man 2012/12/05 16:54:49
    PM
    I'm not so sure Tin Man, this goes way beyond venting outrage based on conviction and opposition to policies. Bush took a great economy with a surplus and created massive debt and got us into 2 wars. Many on the other side had very strong opposition to this course of action, but never once did I see imagery of pooping and pissing on the President and gross distortions of his face or anything of the such. People should have been just as fearful for the same reasons as they are now during the last President. We had high unemployment, record debt, government intrusion (Patriot Act) into our lives, etc. It seems like suddenly now all of these things have suddenly just become aware to many of the population and now its a problem, but not before??? I don't get it.
  • Tin Man PM 2012/12/06 12:02:31
    Tin Man
    I can't totally explain it either. For those who vent based on informed opinion I think the degree of problems our country face are greater and hence the times are more polarizing. But you'd think more would have been said before in outrage too. It's always seemed odd to me when people of good will seemingly ignore for so long what shouldn't be. Guess it's kinda like a fire. Sometimes people won't even yell "fire" until late or too late, even to call the fire department. For the mindless or near uninformed not much if any reason is needed, they're basically "rabble rousers" or "wanna bes." To be found in every crowd or mob. Add to that the advent of all the now current social media, facebook, SH, etc... and presto more mindless idiots wanting their voice to be heard and be significant. Go figure? Anyway, at the crux of it all for me is a true love and concern for my country and my fellow countrymen. I would hope the same is true for most. Have a good day, TM..............................
  • PM Tin Man 2012/12/06 21:29:48
    PM
    +1
    Nice talking with you - you're very reasonable.
  • Tin Man PM 2012/12/06 23:31:23
    Tin Man
    +1
    Thank you, you too.
  • DizziNY 2012/12/03 10:32:07 (edited)
    Foul
    DizziNY
    +2
    Did they ban, or speak out against when they put Jesus in urine or when they had feces on a picture of the Virgin Mary? obarf will NEVER be Jesus... EVER. People need to be more upset about others trying to make a mere man into the messiah, which is exactly what they are trying to do with obama. You can all mock God now, but you will regret it one day.

christ in urine

ban speak jesus urine orwhen feces picture mother mary

Or this:

mary feces
  • wedge56 DizziNY 2012/12/05 14:57:48
    wedge56
    Were any of those sold on ebay?
  • Starchild 2012/12/03 08:18:23
    Foul
    Starchild
    eBay should let people sell what they want to sell, as long as it isn't hurting anyone. But it would have been more appropriate and reflective of reality for Glenn Beck to sell a transparent Obama doll filled with s---.

Obama phoney change can t believe in 2012
  • PM Starchild 2012/12/03 23:57:13
    PM
    Whine, whine, whine... Republicans were screaming bloody murder when Bush was in office and anybody said even the slightest criticism of him. Now, republicans say the most vile thing that can come out of their mouths directed at Obama. What did you guys used to say, "You're unpatriotic!!!"
  • Starchild PM 2012/12/05 11:14:57
    Starchild
    Do you define "whining" as "people saying stuff I disagree with"? If so, then I understand why you write "whine, whine, whine" in response to what I wrote even though my tone was not whining at all.

However, you're mistaken to assume I'm a Republican. Unless again of course your definition of "Republican" is something like "anyone who says stuff I disagree with", or "anyone who thinks Barack Obama is a lying, statist, hack politician, wannabe tyrant".
  • PM Starchild 2012/12/05 17:00:03
    PM
    No, not at all. My point was when Bush II was in office, even the slightest criticism was responded with accusations of unpatriotic behavior, but suddenly, now we can show images of dogs pooping on the President and make comments like yours above about filling a clear doll with shi#.
  • Starchild PM 2012/12/09 17:58:11
    Starchild
    Your experience may have varied greatly depending upon where you live. I live in San Francisco, and recall all kinds of vicious attacks of Bush II (not that most of them weren't deserved). There was even a ballot initiative to name a local sewage treatment facility after the president, and those who opposed it mostly didn't even bother trying to defend him; instead they relied on other arguments.
  • Starchild PM 2012/12/05 11:16:02
    Starchild
    Oh, and believe me, I didn't have good things to say about Bush when he was in office either (Bush I or Bush II). Bush II deserves to be prosecuted for violating the Constitution and committing war crimes, as does Obama.
  • PM Starchild 2012/12/05 17:01:50
    PM
    What war crimes has Obama committed? He's ended one war and is working on ending the second. If you mean killing Osama bin Laden, then I can't see how exacting justice on a man who killed thousands of innocent civilian Americans can be a war crime.

2014/10/31 20:07:40