Easily offended, thin skinned Atheist's continue to try to remove nativity scenes across the country. Rave/Share and Post a nativity scene right here.

CAPISCE 2012/12/02 15:36:45

Prediction: It won't take long for Atheist intolerance and anger to show up

• John Hall 2012/12/02 15:47:34
    John Hall
    +18
    I don't understand if atheist don't believe there's a God or Jesus Christ why are they offended in a nativity scene of Jesus . If you don't believe walk away because it shouldn't matter .

• goblue1968 2012/12/29 18:22:35
    goblue1968
    I am an atheist, and I don't personally care. My wife is a Roman Catholic, and I know she will go to Christmas mass, and I will go with her just to keep peace in the household. I think Jesus was a pretty cool guy, even if he was delusional about the son of God allegation.
  • CAPISCE goblue1968 2012/12/29 18:23:28
    CAPISCE
    And you were granted supreme wisdom by who?
  • goblue1968 CAPISCE 2013/01/08 18:34:16
  • CAPISCE goblue1968 2013/01/28 15:05:24
    CAPISCE
    Nobody can know for sure until death---that's my point
  • wedge56 2012/12/06 03:22:17
    wedge56
    The alternative would be to rotate which religion got to put their decorations up each year. That would cost more in taxpayer money however. Of course atheists would have to get a turn. What would an atheist put up for the holidays? A periodic table maybe?

Of course then the Protestants, Catholics, Fundamentalists wouldn't want to share a year and would start fighting for their own year all to themselves.

Nah, let's just keep religious displays on private land. Seems easier.
  • Amasaman 2012/12/05 14:00:21
    Amasaman
    +1
    Personally I don't care. I just ignore them. I can accept others' beliefs, and it doesn't bother me, unless they personally interfere with me. Then I politely decline. No big deal. Some people just take it to the extreme, and give everybody a bad name.
  • SIMPATTYCO 2012/12/05 01:14:00
    SIMPATTYCO
    +1
    Oh! for heavens sake Its about Law Suits and Money!!!
  • burningsnowman 2012/12/04 01:22:18
    burningsnowman
    +1
    It shouldn't be taken off public land if it's a privately sponsored display. I can see why people wouldn't want their tax dollars going to holiday decorations though regardless of what religion it is.
  • rk 2012/12/04 01:12:18
    rk
    +2
    Thanks I will make sure to add a nativity show to my yard!
  • DefendnProtect 2012/12/03 23:23:13 (edited)
    DefendnProtect
    +3
    LOL LOL
    atheist cat
  • CAPISCE Defendn... 2012/12/04 02:44:54
    CAPISCE
    +2
    Why do you care what others believe?, nobody cares what you don't believe
  • Defendn... CAPISCE 2012/12/04 02:54:00
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    Just joking around a little.

I support everyone to exercise his or her religion without government interference or persecution.

first amendment
  • CAPISCE Defendn... 2012/12/04 03:24:41 (edited)
    CAPISCE
    +1
    Got ya, my bad
  • Omni 2012/12/03 23:21:52 (edited)
    Omni
    +1
    You cannot show religious favouritism on federal land. That's against the law. Against the Constitution. If it's your own property, you are allowed to, and you should bring anyone who tries to stop you to court.
  • Rodney 2012/12/03 23:18:12
    Rodney
    +1

Whiny little intolerant morons.
  • RicardoCabeza 2012/12/03 23:05:14
    RicardoCabeza
    A Baby Jesus statuette sculpted from a 4 pound block of C4 would really set this debate off right, but it is all going to come down to the right of private property owners, and simultaneous use of property to express one's personal intent so...much like my neighbors display of numerous rainbow flags indicates that He is up for a good corn holing 24/7, or the Old Lady across the street with the big red "A" in the window as an advertisement that she is up for an argument 24/7... This is a "hate crime" if it were to be imparted upon any other group, but it would be nice to see them punished with larceny or at least criminal mischief... What happened to property laws?
  • CAPISCE Ricardo... 2012/12/04 02:46:28
  • Ricardo... CAPISCE 2012/12/04 23:51:26 (edited)
    RicardoCabeza
    +1
    Please excuse me I had a hard time with that one but then it clicked, oops!!!... Eye rolling, could that be exasperation?, disbelief?, disapproval? as to the excessive use of C4 in making the Baby Jesus Statuette?... Other wise I am uncertain how to take this nice lovely photo of yourself, or are you just one of those Women who are on the phone 24/7 and wanted to display her deepest disgust.
  • CAPISCE Ricardo... 2012/12/05 00:59:09
    CAPISCE
    +1
    The eye roll is my way of saying you have a right to your opinion. Nuff said
  • socokid 2012/12/03 22:59:54
    socokid
    +4
    *eye roll*

No, "they" are not. They cannot remove nativity scenes, street signs, light posts, etc... . Probably destruction of property, or something. You cannot just walk up to things and take them down just because you are an atheist. Trust me, if that were true, I would take stuff down all of the time. I have no morals so, everything is fair game... *sigh*

To those that are miffed the laws are being applied in their town for the first time in... forever, sorry about that. Public governing bodies cannot promote one religion over another. If they shut down the nativity scene because atheist want to erect a Flying Spaghetti Monster next to it, that is not the atheist's fault. That is the fault of someone that does not understand the freedom, or the historical issues with mob rule religion creeping into public governing bodies.

You can put as many manger scenes on your own property, in your own store front, on the dashboard of your truck, etc... . Welcome to the freedom of religion, and you should be proud of it. Many in this world do not have this protection.

Now, who's taking down nativity scenes again? Thanks...
  • Rodney socokid 2012/12/03 23:28:26
    Rodney
    +2
    How is displaying a Nativity scene even remotely a display of one religion over another? Nearly every religion in the world recognizes Jesus as either a prophet or the Son of God. Why is it Jews never bring these suits, or Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus or any others? Does a town/city support or encourage religion simply by allowing a group to display their Nativity scene on public property? If that be the case, should we not demand that all Masonic symbols be removed from all local, state and federal buildings?
  • John Wa... Rodney 2012/12/03 23:48:09
    John Walker II
    Masonry isn't a religion in and of itself, and has very few symbols it calls it's own. And none are associated with holidays or religious events.

From my understanding, they have members of all faiths in it and a few who do not ascribe to any. So your arguement about removing all Masonic symbols is null and void.
  • Rodney John Wa... 2012/12/04 00:00:02
    Rodney
    +2
    By definition, any group who meets and has belief unique to them, they are religious in nature. Note the definitions I give here.

religion
    noun
    1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
    2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
    3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
    4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
    5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
  • John Wa... Rodney 2012/12/04 00:01:13
    John Walker II
    That the thing. The Masonic lodge does not have a unique belief to itself. Each lodge borrows from it's members.
  • Rodney John Wa... 2012/12/04 00:10:09
    Rodney
    +1
    You are a little uninformed on Freemasonry. By their own admission they, by definition are a religious group.
    http://www.aboutfreemasons.co...
  • John Wa... Rodney 2012/12/19 23:52:36
    John Walker II
    I never said they were not a religious group. I just said they didn't have their OWN specific religion.

If it makes some sense, I guess you could say their belief system is a meta-religious approach. They are not just christian, islamic, jewish or others, they acknowledge the common traits in ALL of those religions.

Nothing I said runs counter to what you pointed out, though I probably didn't make it too clear and for that I apologize.
  • Rodney John Wa... 2012/12/20 02:44:19
    Rodney
    If it helps, look up religion in a dictionary. By dictionary definition, even atheists are a religious group.
  • John Wa... Rodney 2012/12/20 17:09:58
    John Walker II
    Again, I never said they were not a religious group.

That's the third time I'm saying that now.
  • Rodney John Wa... 2012/12/21 08:16:41
    Rodney

I saying good bye now.
  • jubil8 ... Rodney 2012/12/03 23:56:48
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    If nativity scenes in front of public buildings (like a city hall) are paid for by taxes, don't non-Christians have a right to complain? City Hall doesn't have to bow to the complaints, but that's a different issue. If Acme Co. sponsors a display in a public park, that's different -- they had to get a permit and follow rules. Yes, the park is public -- and so is Acme's display. Don't like it? Don't look.

The Jews I know approve of nativity scenes being removed. Are you SURE Muslims aren't involved in some of these lawsuits (without announcing it)?
  • Rodney jubil8 ... 2012/12/04 00:05:54
    Rodney
    +1
    Many are donated for display but owned by individuals or groups. Here locally, the ELKS puts one up as do the Lions Club, the Kiwanis and many other groups.

The main group suing to have Nativity scenes removed is the Freedom From Religion foundation, a Wisconsin non-profit group. http://ffrf.org/
  • socokid Rodney 2012/12/04 02:41:57
    socokid
    +1
    How is displaying a Nativity scene even remotely a display of one religion over another?
    Is this a serious question? Jesus is believed in by Christians. No one else.

Nearly every religion in the world recognizes Jesus as either a prophet or the Son of God.
    Only Christians believe Jesus is the son of "God".

Why is it Jews never bring these suits, or Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus or any others?
    If you do not like the Constitution of the United States of America, fine, but do not blame those that want our laws to be enforced. If you do not like the laws, change them.

Until then, you can put up a manger scene on your front lawn. Put Jesus stickers on every inch of your car. You are FREE to do so, without retribution from ANYone. You are welcome.. This is an absolutely wonderful, and powerful freedom. You should not take it for granted.
  • Rodney socokid 2012/12/04 04:48:25 (edited)
    Rodney
    +1
    Muslims believe Jesus was a Prophet, Here's a short list of some of the better known religions and their view of whom Jesus was.
    Religion and Belief of who Jesus was

Arianism- A divine being, but created by God and inferior to Father. Son of God. Savior.

Baha'i Faith- A "manifestation of God" and prophet. Since superseded by Muhammad and Baha'u'llah.

Buddhism- Wise and enlightened man who taught similar things to the Buddha.

Hinduism- Incarnation of God akin to Krishna, or wise man.

Islam- True prophet sent by God, but superseded by Muhammad.

The US Constitution says freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. It says NOTHING of separation of Church and state. That was in unrelated writings of Thomas Jefferson. It would seem it is YOU who needs to read the Constitution. Now, let's discuss the bigger question. If someone or group files for a permit to put up a Nativity scene on public property and anyone else if free to do the same, is it an infringement upon the alleged "Separation Clause" to allow it when any group or person is free to do the same?
  • socokid Rodney 2012/12/04 12:37:36
    socokid
    Here's a short list of some of the better known religions and their view of whom Jesus was
    It does not matter how many people have heard of the Jesus character. It is completely meaningless. And of course Jesus is mentioned in Islam as they also worship the same Abrahamic God. The same one. Many, many of the stories are not only similar, but indistinguishable.

Buddhism, Hinduism... LOL. Every Christian I know could say similar things about the other group's spiritual leader. Watch... *ahem*

"Buddha was a wise and enlightened man."
    "Krishna was a wise man."

etc, etc... childish silliness, friend. This does not change the point, or our laws. At all.

not freedom FROM religion
    Once again, no one is keeping you from putting up manger scenes on your lawn, or covering your car in Jesus stickers. This is your freedom. I cannot tell the police to raid your house and burn your Christmas tree. Why are you not understanding this? Seems simple enough. You can practice your religion how you want without retribution, and you should be overjoyed for living in a country that has this freedom.

Is your faith so weak that the one manger scene at City Hall is all that kept it together? Come on...

If someone or group files for a permit to put up a Nativity scene on public property and anyone else if...

"Krishna was a wise man."

not freedom FROM religion

If someone or group files for a permit to put up a Nativity scene on public property and anyone else if free to do the same, is it an infringement upon the alleged "Separation Clause" to allow it when any group or person is free to do the same?
    This would be just fine, and is done in many places in this country. Just be careful, however, because this experiment in Freedom usually leads to unintended expressions. You may find a Flying Spaghetti Monster next to the Nativity scene. In many of these same cities, they have just ended the practice entirely because they could not stand the freedom. They would rather have nothing than to have "blasphemous" displays close to their own. Funny, because this exactly points out the problem. When you only want the freedom for YOUR religion, you have crossed the line.
  • Rodney socokid 2012/12/04 20:12:33
    Rodney
    Freedom of expression is one of the tenets of society that has made us great. If you are so worried about being offended by such freedom, I suggest you pack up your Soviet flag and books and move.
  • SIMPATTYCO socokid 2012/12/05 01:16:19
    SIMPATTYCO
    Lawyers make money from LAWSUITS Don't delude yourself This is soooo trivial
  • SW 2012/12/03 21:46:24
    SW
    +3
    Is there an article or something with this? Usually this "war on Chrismass" crap is much ado about nothing. I call BS. There I called it.
  • Lanikai SW 2012/12/03 22:17:31
    http://www.amazon.com/War-Chr...

So far this year, several cities have been sued or threatened with suits of they refuse to remove Nativity scenes, one town was forced to remove a Christmas Cross, part of a 100 year old tradition in that town. The list goes on and on and on.
  • Lanikai SW 2012/12/03 22:25:11
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/news...

here is another one./

One group from Wisconsin is largely responsible for the lawsuits
  • Lanikai 2012/12/03 21:31:44
    +2
    The atheist whiners need to STFU and not look at a nativity that bothers them.

2014/10/01 16:41:19