During Night One Of RNC, Fox News Draws More Viewers Than Any Other Network: Which Convention Do You Plan to Watch?

Fef 2012/08/29 22:00:00
Republican National Convention
Democratic National Convention
Both
Neither
More than 20 million Americans watched at least a portion of the 10 PM hour of the Republican National Convention's first night, not counting coverage on C-SPAN, PBS and online. The opening speeches included a keynote speech by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie.

MEDIABISTRO.COM reports: On night one of the Republican National Convention, Fox News Channel was the clear ratings winner on TV, drawing substantially more viewers than any other TV network, including NBC, CBS and ABC. NBC was tops in the key adults 25-54 demo.

Read More: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/during-night-o...

• FPSRules 2012/08/30 01:56:02
    Both
    FPSRules
    +22
    I'll watch the RNC in hope that Romney - whom I respect and trust - will inspire me.
    I'll watch the DNC for laughs, lies and BS....since that's about all their good for any more.

• Raymond Allamby 2012/09/05 04:51:50
    Democratic National Convention
    Raymond Allamby
    right. they were 17 million down from the palin convention. you must be so proud.
  • firozali a mulla 2012/09/04 14:11:29
    Neither
    firozali a mulla
    Tuesday, 04 September 2012 We have not seen many good days and there are none for some time European shares fell on Tuesday as investors turned cautious in the run-up to a European Central Bank (ECB) meeting, with the Swiss market lagging after figures showed an unexpected contraction in the country's economy. The FTSEurofirst 300 index fell 0.3 percent to 1,088.20 points, while the euro zone's Euro STOXX 50 index was flat. Expectations the ECB will firm up a debt-buying scheme to fight the euro zone's debt crisis have driven an equity rally since late July. But the People's Bank of China appears to be resisting calls for more aggressive measures based on past experience: the huge stimulus enacted in response to the 2008 global crisis fuelled inflation and a wasteful spending boom. "We are all waiting for more monetary policy to come out," said Linus Yip, strategist at First Shanghai Securities in Hong Kong. "We are all waiting and hope the PBOC will do something." I thank you Firozali A.Mulla DBA
  • libertariosaur 2012/09/04 01:52:56
    Neither
    libertariosaur
    I watch Philip DeFranco and the team from sourcefed's coverage of the highlights and their table discussion. Philip DeFranco went from struggling financially to youtube news commentary star. When I went to his twitter page I saw a number of people who said his fun style and relevance cured their political apathy. No MSM BS here. If you want to watch than go to the election coverage you tube channel and click on the Philip DeFranco tab.
  • cant beleive walkers gov 2012/09/03 04:15:03
    Democratic National Convention
    cant beleive walkers gov
    +1
    WELL I SAW LYING RYAN AND MITT MAGIC UNDER WEAR ROMNEY . WHAT ABUNCH OF MORONS.
  • lucky 2012/09/02 16:13:13 (edited)
    Neither
    lucky
    I dont usually watch the conventions, I usually just go back and read the transcripts of the speeches from both conventions.
  • Scrappyang 2012/09/01 18:19:55
    Neither
    Scrappyang
    I don't like either one at this point in time!!
  • Nomad58 2012/09/01 13:01:45
    Both
    Nomad58
    Thought the RNC was okay.
    Now less see what the DNC has to offer for the next four years
    (and why they haven't done it in the last 3 1/2).
  • Tim 2012/08/31 20:12:38 (edited)
    Neither
    Tim
    I voted Neither (although I clicked on Republican) but will probably watch some of the Dems. Their Lies and Delusion would be hilarious if not for the Hell they are putting this country thru.
  • scbluesman13 2012/08/31 18:58:53
    Democratic National Convention
    scbluesman13
    +1
    I already know what topics will be talked about at the RNC:
    1. Obama is a socialist devil
    2. Poor people suck and shouldn't be allowed to vote
    3. Women suck and shouldn't be allowed to vote, get birth control, or demand equal pay
    4. People of color suck and shouldn't be allowed to vote
    5. Female poor people of color are the enemy of this great nation and we must do everything in our power to stop them from driving this country deeper into debt.

That about sums it up for the RNC talking points. Yawn.
  • Nomad58 scblues... 2012/09/01 13:11:54
    Nomad58
    +1
    You remind me of Boxer the Horse in Orwell's Animal Farm.

remind boxer horse orwells animal farm
  • nobiggov scblues... 2012/09/05 05:24:59
    nobiggov
    Simple simple simple....we must reduce our national debt and pass budgets to restore faith in our economy....who will do this? Not Obama.....this we know for sure.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/08/31 18:30:05
    Democratic National Convention
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
  • Josh Robinson 2012/08/31 18:19:31
    Both
    Josh Robinson
    +2
    I need to see how creepy the other side is now...
  • Pamela 2012/08/31 17:30:25
    Both
    Pamela
    +2
    The RNC was a huge success All the speakers did a marvelous job, On the other hand I think the DNC will be a failure because all the left Loons will be lying their tale off. America has hit Barack Bottom, Dump the Rump in 2012.
  • Raymond... Pamela 2012/09/05 04:56:35
    Raymond Allamby
    not quite the success the last one was, eh? it had 17 million more viewers, and look how that turned out.
  • Kris 2012/08/31 17:17:56
    Democratic National Convention
    Kris
    +2
    Democrats are the ONLY ones who tell the truth and use FACTS to prove it. There's absolutely no point in listening to the gop. All they do is lie. Life is too darn short to waste time on pathological liars. Cleaning your toilet would be more constructive than listening to the gop.
  • Nomad58 Kris 2012/09/01 12:52:09
  • Cpt. Stosur 2012/08/31 16:06:09
  • bmacklowe 2012/08/31 13:02:00
    Both
    bmacklowe
    +2
    I thought the Republican Convention was well-produced. I liked many of the speeches by Artur Davis, Susana Martinez, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, etc. I plan on watching the Democratic Convention, too. Even though I am supporting Romney/Ryan, it's important to at least listen to what the president's pitch is for another four years.
  • Jane bmacklowe 2012/08/31 15:17:35
    Jane
    +4
    Even a fox analysis pointed out lies Paul Ryan spewed.
  • Stix Jane 2012/08/31 16:01:37 (edited)
    Stix
    +3
    the so called lies pointed out by the left have been debunked...only the left lies.
  • Jane Stix 2012/08/31 16:03:42 (edited)
    Jane
    +2
    Only if you are using rose colored glasses and have blind faith in the right wing tales. Republicans brag about not fact checking.
  • Stix Jane 2012/09/01 04:32:13 (edited)
    Stix
    +1
    Tell me one of Paul Ryan's lies....give me just one.
  • Jane Stix 2012/09/01 08:24:50
    Jane
    Why?
  • Stix Jane 2012/09/01 16:23:12
    Stix
    Because I don't think yhou are aware of any of the so called lies...give me one.
  • Jane Stix 2012/09/03 14:36:55 (edited)
    Jane
    He said Obama's stimulus was the largest one-time expenditure ever by the fed, he said it was a case of political patronage, corporate welfare and cronyism at their worst, working men and women were cut out of the deal.
    In fact the stimulus actually created 2.5million jobs, cut taxes for 95% and was highly transparent and virtually fraud free. The dummies that my husband works with don't even know they got a tax cut, just like most people who are to busy hating Obama.
    The biggest one-time expenditure was actually WWII, if we ever pay for the middle east wars, that may top WWII.
    Ryan said Obamacare raises taxes on small businesses, when in fact it would give tax cuts to most.
  • Stix Jane 2012/09/03 19:14:45
    Stix
    +1
    You are deliousional...my medical insurance has doubled in the last 3 years because of ObamaCare. You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. I could tear the rest of your answer to sherds but what good would it do? you are an Obamazombie and not even facts and truth will shake you from your god...
  • Jane Stix 2012/09/03 20:35:57
    Jane
    +1
    And you are brainwashed by Fox and you went willingly.
  • Stix Jane 2012/09/03 21:37:56
    Stix
    Then expalain to me why my Group Health Insuance that I have bought for nearly 15 years now as a FIXED RATE FOR 5 YEARS went from $271 a month when I turned 60 (flat rate until I turn 65) is now $447 per month? Tell me how that happened? According to my provider the increases are to cover the new required procedures and other things like womens health care riders that have been added to my police as mandated by ObamaCare....I now get to pay for other peoples coverage as well as my own....you are the one who is brainwashed because you can't see these things...
  • Jane Stix 2012/09/04 13:08:54 (edited)
    Jane
    Either you are pulling my chain or you are being ripped off, most of The Affordable Health Care Act has not even gone into effect. People are, however, fighting it tooth and nails even though it may benefit them. Wonder why that is? Care to speculate?
    By the way my health insurance has been going up ever year for the last 10 years. Also some one posted all Ryan's lies this morning, I think it was Mel, but really can't remember.
  • Stix Jane 2012/09/04 16:23:51
    Stix
    +1
    I am not pulling your leg...5 year fixed rate started at $271...then ObamaCara passed and my forth year NEW rate is now $447...all because of ObamaCare...no one is ripping me off...you just don't understand what is going on.
  • Jane Stix 2012/09/04 19:00:20 (edited)
    Jane
    Your insurance company is ripping you off and when the Affordable Care Act is in full affect that will come to an end. Yes I understand what is going on in my country, it is called obstructionism.
    Question, do you think that most people in Washington think right, left or in between? In this part of Texas it is closed minded right not thinkers.
  • Stix Jane 2012/09/04 20:22:47
    Stix
    You are really not very smart. My insurance company includes a statement with each years increase and explains why my rate must be raised...it is ALL because of inclussions required by ObamaCare...you can't keep your policy anymore...you must have a government approved policy. My policy now includes coverages for women...even though I am a man and my original policy was written for a non smoking MALE when I bought it and renued it every 5 years...you have no clue what is going on in the real world...you just follow the party lie...
  • Jane Stix 2012/09/04 23:36:42
    Jane
    Paul Ryan
  • nobiggov Jane 2012/09/05 05:33:07
    nobiggov
    At lot of the freebies ARE in effect now without a way to pay for it except to hit the small business owners. Insurance companies are passing on the increased costs and we've only just begun to implement Obamacare. We need to repeal and replace with a plan that fixes the problems and does not allow Government to take over.
  • nobiggov Jane 2012/09/05 05:30:24
    nobiggov
    oh my goodness....the stimulus was a complete waste of tax payer money and Obamacare has caused my husband's health insurance for his employees to sky-rocket! There was not one single item in the plan to fix what we all agreed was the problem...the rising costs!!!!! We did not want a Government take over that will be MORE expensive. Please...read and watch from news sites other than what you currently do. Also, talk with small business owners and find out what's actually going on!
  • scblues... Jane 2012/08/31 19:07:28
  • bmacklowe Jane 2012/09/01 09:28:00
    bmacklowe
    +1
    CNN, Investor's Business Daily, The New York Post and others have since pointed out that Paul Ryan told the truth, that the so-called "fact checkers" were wrong. One such correction cited was the AP story from April of 2009 reporting that the Janesville, Wisconsin GM plant was officially closing and shutting down production permanently. Ryan never said Obama made an explicit promise, but that he suggested his policies would help the company stay in business for "100 years." (this should remind us of Solyndra and other similar incidents where the president made unwise investments or pronouncements about businesses.) So, no, Ryan is not the liar here.
  • Jane bmacklowe 2012/09/03 14:39:53
    Jane
    Keep reading there are more sources to consider.
  • scblues... bmacklowe 2012/08/31 19:07:56
    scbluesman13
    +1
    One of fox new's own contributors calls Ryan's RNC keynote speech "deceitful":

2014/10/31 08:25:10