“Due to security concerns”, the White House was unable to put an actual price tag on the trip to India Let’s hope Obama’s “defining moment in history” remain in India 11/5/10

Cat 2010/11/07 22:27:00
Related Topics: Election, Obama, Tree

“Due to security concerns”, the White House was unable to put an actual price tag on the trip

Let’s hope Obama’s “defining moment in history” remain in India

By Judi McLeod Friday, November 5, 2010

The lure of citizens to keep written diaries recording all manner of things in these bizarre times is compelling.

Is it midterm election euphoria that is keeping politicians other than Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann from speaking out against the President Barack Obama Traveling Show set to begin today?

This is a storied Trip Among Trips, details of which have gone from bizarre to surrealistic.

Along with the 40 planes and 34 warships Obama is taking along with him, comes news of the bomb-proof over-ground tunnel that will be built by American military engineers for Obama to visit the Gandhi museum in Mani Bhavan.

“The tunnel would be a kilometer long and measure 12ft. by 12ft—enough to let Obama’s cavalcade pass through.” (Daily News & Analysis, Nov. 4, 2010). “The tunnel would be centrally air-conditioned, fitted with close-circuit television cameras, and will be heavily guarded at every point, including, of course, its entry and exit.”

A loud and bumptious invasion of the quiet environment that contains the artifacts of a man who dedicated his entire life on Earth to peace.

Not since Cleopatra’s elaborate barges along the Nile has royalty travelled in suchluxury and style.

The silence from Washington’s House of Representatives right is almost as eerie as the sound of the coconuts being lopped from the trees of Mumbai and the screams of the monkeys being rounded up for this trip of a would-be blue-blood.

White House officials have dismissed a claim made by an Indian news outlet that the trip to India would cost $200-million a day, as “wildly inflated”.

Well, how much does it cost to take 40 planes, 34 warships, 3,000 travel companions renting the Taj Mahal Hotel’s 570 rooms, and the rooms of other nearby hotels?

Doing the math would come close.

“The numbers reported in this article have no basis in reality,” Tommy Victor, a White House spokesman said.

Yet, “due to security concerns”, the White House was unable to put an actual price tag on the trip.

Nor is there any estimate for the remainder of the trip, which includes Indonesia, South Korea, Japan and China.

The timing of the trip is its biggest mystery.

There are those who say Obama departs America still smarting from the loss of Dem seats in Tuesday’s election. India is a long way to go to take the sting out of post-election blues.

There are others who claim that Obama’s narcissism protects him from blues about anything.

According to the Khaleej Times online, “India is brimming with excitement over U.S. President Barack Obama’s four-day maiden visit to the Land of the Mahatma, a man he idolises.”

“And indeed there’s much to look forward to in this summit between the leaders of the world’s oldest and largest democracies. The trip, Obama has said, will be a `defining moment in history`, helping both nations forge closer ties rooted in common interests and values.”

Therein lies the most bizarre. Obama, who advocates for the socialization of America does not believe in democracies but in socialist states.

Let us hope and pray that any “defining moment in history” held by Obama does not touch the shores of the United States of America.

• Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2010/11/11 03:44:41 (edited)
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    This trip is costing well over 200M. The day before Bo left for India, the Feds printed 600B in "free" American dollars. This sounds more likely the real cost for this whole trip especially including the extra 3000 people he brought along.

BO appears to have grown very, very paranoid. This may not end well for all of us. We must boot him out of office for "our" own safety not his.... Cardinal signs of a mental disorder is when does not get along with majority of people and also if one's behavior affects others in a negative way. BO fits both of these perfectly, not to mention the paranoia and narcissism he possesses.
  • texasred 2010/11/09 00:36:51
    texasred
    +2
    Damn.... it was probably more than $200 Million a day.
  • Annie~P... texasred 2010/11/11 03:47:20
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +1
    You got that right texasred. The hotel alone is probably "hundreds" of dollars per night.
  • Al C. texasred 2010/11/12 00:26:53
    Al C.
    +1
    It would be more than worth it if he would never come back here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • texasred Al C. 2010/11/12 22:27:20
    texasred
    I can drink to that!!!
  • ThomasSnouffer 2010/11/08 22:14:56
    ThomasSnouffer
    +1
    Just out of curiosity; how would the American people knowing the amount--of taxpayer money--that was spent on this trip "threaten" Mr. Obama's security?

NOTE: I am NOT being a smart-ass! I would like somebody (Conservative, liberal, black, white, "D", "R", etc.) to honestly try to explain to me how the size of the "tab" could affect his security.
  • smitty 2010/11/08 16:43:18
    smitty
    +2
    So what does the US get out of this trip? More jobs to go there? I must be missing something.
  • Cat smitty 2010/11/11 00:35:31
    Cat
    +2
    No actually it's ☭bama who is missing something. LIKE THE MOOD of the American People!
  • smitty Cat 2010/11/11 13:41:09
    smitty
    Sometimes I can't understand what that guy is thinking.
  • Al C. smitty 2010/11/12 00:27:22
    Al C.
    HE ISN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Plantgypc 2010/11/08 16:28:41
    Plantgypc
    +2
    I wish he had taken this trip before the election. The senate would have gone republican too.
  • Cat Plantgypc 2010/11/11 00:42:45
  • Lily Blooms Eternal 2010/11/08 16:16:52
    Lily Blooms Eternal
    +2
    Wow. Obama's White House has finally had one concern about security. Write that down in the history books.
  • Cat Lily Bl... 2010/11/11 00:43:08
    Cat
    +1
    HIS security
  • Lily Bl... Cat 2010/11/11 02:14:54
    Lily Blooms Eternal
    +1
    Oh. Well, that explains it. :D
  • lalouisiane 2010/11/08 15:38:26
    lalouisiane
    +2
    I think this "One Term Wonder" is going to get all the goodie he can get off the backs of the American Taxpayers. He and his "let them eat cake" wife flaunt our former wealth that they've redistributed to themselves.

I only hope one of those countries will declare him King and let him stay over there.
  • Cat lalouis... 2010/11/11 00:43:53
  • lalouis... Cat 2010/11/11 00:46:01
    lalouisiane
    You're welcome. Love the kitty cats!!!!
  • Annie~P... lalouis... 2010/11/11 03:51:10
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +1
    BO is definitely robbing tax payers for his own luxuries. And, now the BO administration are trying to freeze Chris Cristi over a couple of thousand in travel expenses which have already been proven truthful.
  • lalouis... Annie~P... 2010/11/11 05:42:47
    lalouisiane
    +1
    They have no shame.
  • Annie~P... lalouis... 2010/11/11 05:52:31
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +1
    You got that right lalouisiane!
  • srini 2010/11/08 14:59:03
    srini
    Translation: "we can't give out the amount of the 'green leaves' packages for Indian--'queen' Sonia, Manmohan and some cabinet--and Southeast Asian leaders, which we had to budget into the cost and which is a considerable percentage"
  • RED DAWN 2010/11/08 14:08:08
    RED DAWN
    +3
    I called my stockbroker and asked him what I should be buying.

He said, "If the current administration is in office much longer, canned goods and ammunition is your best bet."
  • Cat RED DAWN 2010/11/11 00:45:13
    Cat
    +2
    My friend the F.B. I. agent told me this a few weeks ago as well as keep your car filled up and keep cash on hand
  • Al C. RED DAWN 2010/11/12 00:31:05
    Al C.
    +1
    Batten down the hatches, keep your powder dry, and don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes. I heard that somewhere and it seemed like an appropriate time to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fr Kelsey Graham 2010/11/08 13:12:19
    Fr Kelsey Graham
    LOL Instead of simply posting such ridiculace rants maybe doing a little research and study of history would help.Due to security concerns we never know the exact costs of any presidential journey. Nothing new there.
  • doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~... 2010/11/08 12:21:47
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +2
    LMAO! Security concerns, my butt! He gave the enemy the location and number of all our nuclear weapons, he let jihadists tour some top secret areas, he won't secure our borders, he gave NASA orders to teach muslims their processes, and 2 billion dollars is going to compromise security? Boy, does he Ever need a dictionary!
  • RED DAWN doofieg... 2010/11/08 14:01:51 (edited)
    RED DAWN
    +3
    Yes it was for security reasons.They were afraid if they let it be known how much the trip would cost that some of us might rise up and call him some racist names or maybe call him a muslim.
    edited-so I wouldn't get kicked of SH.
  • oyharward 2010/11/08 12:11:36
    oyharward
    +2
    Do not be confused as Obama and his administration is. His accounts are capable, or should be, of calculating each and every action.
  • Cat oyharward 2010/11/11 00:49:39
    Cat
    +1
    I might change this to ☭bama and his thugs are very calculating.
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2010/11/08 12:10:33
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +2
    I'm sure if we ever get figures, they will show a majority of the costs were chopped off to various "agencies", and that the "official" tally will be quite a bit less than the actual.
    Creative accounting at it's best... after all, we have Goldmen Sachs running the show now.
  • Edward 2010/11/08 10:41:50
    Edward
    +2
    they didn't have to we already know what it cost the tax payers for another vacation for him.
  • AL 2010/11/08 09:25:03
    AL
    +2
    Lets see here-O bama had 3000 people stay with him in one of Indias most luxurious hotels and he had at least 6 war ships to meet up off shore as well! Yet we have been told over and over agin its not even close to that massive cost we where all told-yet they still refuse to give us the real price tag anyway! Would someone like to buy a real nice bridge in New York now?
  • NidStyles AL 2010/11/08 09:55:52
    NidStyles
    Just because it's not near, doesn't mean it's not well over.
  • AL NidStyles 2010/11/08 10:02:17
  • NidStyles AL 2010/11/08 10:07:20
    NidStyles
    They can say the cost is no where near the cost that was released, but that doesn't mean it's not over the cost that was released.
  • AL NidStyles 2010/11/08 10:10:56
    AL
    I never heard them release any cost so far myself!
  • NidStyles AL 2010/11/08 10:14:54
    NidStyles
    *facepalm*

Where did I say The Government released it? It was one of the Admin's staff that stated it was 200 million a day on Fox during the election coverage.
  • AL NidStyles 2010/11/08 10:22:57 (edited)
    AL
    +1
    Just in case you didn't notice-I SAID I NEVER HEARD WHAT THE REAL COST WAS MYSELF after they refused that 200 million a day figure! Does that sound like I said YOU KNEW WHAT THE REAL COST WAS?
  • Cat AL 2010/11/11 00:50:51
    Cat
    +1
    Soros is selling shares I'm betting

2014/10/31 17:14:52