Drudge Report Says Condoleezza Rice Will Be Romney's VP Pick: Is It a Good Choice?

Fef 2012/07/13 20:00:00
Drudge Reports:
Late Thursday evening, Mitt Romney's presidential campaign launched a new fundraising drive, 'Meet The VP' -- just as Romney himself has narrowed the field of candidates to a handful, sources reveal. And a surprise name is now near the top of the list: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice!
condoleeza rice

Read More: http://www.drudgereport.com/flashcm.htm

• Ballade... Jesse J... 2012/07/18 02:05:14
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    Colin Powell...seriously...

• Jesse J... Ballade... 2012/07/18 02:18:24
    Jesse James
    Powell is a conservative moderate. Someone who understands the notion of building a consensus. He has proven this as sec of state for republican administration and as chief of staff and joint chief of staff. He is a forward thinker. His support of Obama was due in large part to the hopes that Obama would be better at bridging the gap between the parties and finding common ground that would help this country begin to take steps that would get us back on track. I don't think he estimated the overall republican opposition to Obama though. However...He is still a conservative leader, who has done more for this country than most conservative leaders alive and dead and is one of the few leaders in this country period who is highly respected on both sides of the aisle. He's the type of person, who as a republican vp would certainly cause lots of sleep loss for most democrats and the president and has the most potential to tilt any swing states to solid GOP.....Sometimes winning is not always about working harder, but learning to think smarter.
  • Ballade... Jesse J... 2012/07/18 02:21:51 (edited)
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    you don't support EVIL..PERIOD...he went for 'Da brutha'...he spit in the eye of Martin Luther King and judged obama not by the content of his character but by the color of his skin if I had MY way Collie obama's lap dog would have his pension revoked...and then hauled up before the UCMJ for treason
  • Jesse J... Ballade... 2012/07/18 02:27:48
    Jesse James
    I don't see it that way at all. If anything, he lived up to Martin Luther King's idea and put politics aside and voted for Obama based on character. Powell is one of the greatest leaders within the GOP today. He is a true leader, who showed that he's not a puppet and can think for himself and vote for the best man regardless of who is running. It takes a real man to do what is just and right despite what other's think. For that, he deserves another medal of honor. A real example for all American's and republicans especially those living in fear or reprisal of what other's in the party will think of them if they don't toe the line like a good commrad.
  • Ballade... Jesse J... 2012/07/18 02:32:05
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    he supports EVIL...he is a traitor and should be punished for his race loyality...you seem to be an obama bootlicker then and not worth my time
  • Jesse J... Ballade... 2012/07/18 02:49:20
    Jesse James
    How is he a traitor? traitor to who? Race loyalty???? Never heard of such a thing. Where do you come up with all these racist mongering comments? opps did i pull the sheets off your head.....lMAO Sorry....Let me help you put them back on....hehehehe
  • Ballade... Jesse J... 2012/07/18 02:51:23
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    and THAT is how you identify an OBAMA Bootlicker from a Patriot...gotcha moron...enjoy my block bin with the rest of toxic waste

racecard 4
  • CG 2012/07/14 15:47:05
    CG
    I wish Condi would be the choice but she won't be.
  • chicago 2012/07/14 15:42:23
    chicago
    +2
    Of course he should. Of all the options we have (Obama, Biden and Romney) she's the best choice by far, I only wish she was the Rep's candidate for Pres.
  • OneLast... chicago 2012/07/14 16:17:17
    OneLastWord
    +1
    Rave that, again and again.
  • my2cents chicago 2012/07/14 16:59:28
    my2cents
    +2
    I'd vote for Condi in heart beat, but the far right will never accept her. She speaks Russian, is pro-choice and pro-gay. All of that says COMMIE to the right. They would never elect her.
  • chicago my2cents 2012/07/14 17:13:18 (edited)
    chicago
    Can't disagree with you on that, while I think her qualifications are unparalleled, I suspect that the far right would probably not be happy with her as the VP candidate.

Having said that, the far right is in a lather over their hatred of Obama, I'm not sure Romney (who was never the far rights choice in the 1st place) needs to do much to garner their support, they're not so much voting for him but voting for "anyone but Obama", to quote a familiar refrain.

If the Romney campaign is focusing on getting the all important moderate/independent vote, my opinion is that she'd be a brilliant choice. They take they race issue almost completely out of play and put someone in the fray who's a viable intellect in her own right. Sure, the far right probably won't like it (as they didn't like Romney) but they're going to vote and, with her nomination, the moderates and independents will stand up and take notice, IMHO.
  • my2cents chicago 2012/07/14 17:32:03 (edited)
    my2cents
    +1
    I agree. The rabid Obama haters will vote for anyone else, that's a given. Romney already has their votes, a dead dog would have their votes. It is the rational voter Condi would be bringing on board.

But I don't think Condi will debase herself by playing second fiddle to ANOTHER empty suit like Romney. She already did that under Bush. Condi is an intelligent and accomplished woman in her own right, and I can't see her squandering her star power to benefit another weak white male candidate. She is qualified to run for president in her own right, but because she speaks Russian, is pro-choice and pro-gay, the far right loons in the Republican party will never accept her.

If I were her, I'd say thanks, but no thanks. Let the Republican vampires find someone else to feed on.
  • Michaelene my2cents 2012/07/14 18:12:47
    Michaelene
    Did you forget it was democrats who voted for an inmate over Obama?
  • **Bessie** 2012/07/14 15:42:12
    **Bessie**
    +1
    She would be an excellent choice!
  • bob h. 2012/07/14 15:36:00
    bob h.
    W/ Romney facing indictment, he needs a familiar face.
  • OneLast... bob h. 2012/07/14 16:24:28 (edited)
  • bob h. OneLast... 2012/07/14 21:56:15
    bob h.
    Tell me again about the tax returns. I keep forgetting. This bum is so phony, even he won't vote for himself.
  • OneLast... bob h. 2012/07/15 01:20:39
    OneLastWord
    Who? Mitt or the Obummer?
  • bob h. OneLast... 2012/07/15 15:02:15
    bob h.
    Obama showed his returns. Try to catch up.
  • OneLast... bob h. 2012/07/15 16:44:15
    OneLastWord
    It's hard to keep up with the Obummer as he wades through the Americans people’s lives and their rights, over stepping the constitution like a Grand Reaper with his Executive Orders his Czars and his socialistic W.H. staff and J.D. Erich Holder changing stuff behind our backs that he and they don't like without even asking or even considering getting Congress or the Americans people’s permission.

Keep UP you say, he paid his taxes you say, maybe he, Michelle and their daughters can repay Americans some of the millions of dollars they spent on vacations and globetrotting that far exceeds any president in our political history, even now exceeds all the presidents that served 8 yrs.

Yea, tell me about his hard EARNED taxes.
  • bob h. OneLast... 2012/07/15 18:33:56
    bob h.
    If he was Pres till 3000, he STILL wouldn't match Bush's hangover days off. Over 500 days unaccounted for; are you kidding me.
  • OneLast... bob h. 2012/07/15 18:51:43 (edited)
  • bob h. OneLast... 2012/07/15 19:17:10
    bob h.
    Whoa, he was wasted most of the time. Walking into doors, he puked on a Japanese diplomat, couldn't even talk most days; and that was when he showed up.
  • OneLast... bob h. 2012/07/15 20:10:31 (edited)
  • frank 2012/07/14 15:31:24
    frank
    +1
    Let's put it this way, she is a whole lot choice then the one we had four years ago.
  • susan 2012/07/14 15:23:31
    susan
    +2
    Yes. Ms. Rice has experience as a true leader, as a foreign policy wonk. She is an excellent role model as a woman and a black, showing what intelligence and hard work can achieve. While she is soft on a extreme Republican side of a couple of social issues, that merely shows that she is THINKER, and that she respects other opinions, is not swayed by political ideology to the exclusion of law.
  • C. C. Rider 2012/07/14 15:03:46 (edited)
    C. C. Rider
    +6
    It is the perfect match, she is already use to working for losers and liars.

557102_443661578998443_1302948754
  • OneLast... C. C. R... 2012/07/14 16:33:15 (edited)
    OneLastWord
    Sorry, I'm confused, which years did Condi work for this present administration? Aren’t YOU confused, isn't that Hillary Rotten-Damn Clinton you’re talking about?
  • C. C. R... OneLast... 2012/07/14 20:13:14
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    Yes, I agree YOU are CONFUSED.
  • Cat 1017 2012/07/14 15:00:59
    Cat 1017
    +1
    For him, not so much for her....BUT its not going to happen...
  • sodabox 2012/07/14 14:32:22
    sodabox
    +4
    She comes from Big Oil. Even had a super-tanker named after her (Chevron named a 129000-ton supertanker SS Condoleezza Rice).

But at least she knows what the VP job is!

• Defendn... sodabox 2012/07/14 14:40:14
  • C. C. R... sodabox 2012/07/14 15:05:50
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    LOL LOL That gal can still deliver the yuks.
  • OneLast... C. C. R... 2012/07/14 16:42:43
    OneLastWord
    You used the word "YUK" correctly.
  • k fleming sodabox 2012/07/14 16:05:08
    k fleming
    +2
    I'm no Palin supporter, I think she would do better than either one of the clowns that are at the top right now, but I digress.
    I really believe she thought that the VP was really just for show, the guy who gets sent to all the funerals, fundraisers, and parties that are not quite important enough for the prez to go to, while the vp waits for the prez to croak.
    The VP really doesn't do much more than that, and she wanted a job that would be more productive.
    On top of that, the race somehow degraded to Obama vs Palin for some reason even though it was McCain was running for president and Biden puts his foot in his mouth at least as much as Palin. I'm still scratching my head over that.
  • OneLast... k fleming 2012/07/14 16:52:05
    OneLastWord
    The DNC arranger all that to take visibility away from McCain, and the unbelievably inexperience and armature ability of Obama. When someone catches you at something you attach them as IF they just did what you’re being blamed for, an old political trick, just likes Good Cop, Bad Cop.

Don't scratch anymore,...go get Head and Shoulders?
  • sodabox k fleming 2012/07/14 17:22:21
    sodabox
    VP gets the tie vote in the Senate and has a special chair there which gives the Oval Office eyes and ears and sometimes a voice in the Senate. That's big job in my book.
  • k fleming sodabox 2012/07/14 18:07:39
    k fleming
    Meh, how often is there a tie?
    and sitting and watching, so what? I do that with Cspan.
  • OneLast... sodabox 2012/07/14 16:35:57
    OneLastWord
    +2
    VP Job ? Does the present VP know anything about that job.

2014/11/26 07:54:29