Dr Pepper Evolution Ad Creates Controversy on Facebook: Will This make you boycott Dr.Pepper?

American☆Atheist 2012/09/15 00:20:31

• Daring Blasphemer BN-0 2012/09/20 00:25:25
    no, evolution is fact
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    +6
    I have a Facebook account because my wife was attacked after making a factual comment about the separation of church and state so I valiantly came to her aid and mopped the floor with her adversary, but I do not use it at all. Even though i pay no attention to FB I have seen the uprising over this ad.

I find it frightening and amusing. Frightening because this is an American version of Muslims freaking out over cartoons and movies. You should be embarrassed by your ignorance, but even more by your intolerance. It is amusing because these people can not see the irony of their own hatred of knowledge and therefore find a slightly creative advertisement to be an attack on their religion.

HOW FRAGILE IS YOUR FAITH? Do not answer ME, think about it and answer it to yourself.

P.S. I do not drink soda because it is poison, but I may have a Dr Pepper now out of spite.

• BigD_U.S.M."HD"Vet. 2012/09/20 16:32:07
    yes, EVOLUTION IS A LIE!!!!
    BigD_U.S.M."HD"Vet.
    oh yeah, Now that I see the 3rd answer option" no, but I am a creationist- I choose that answer..K!
  • AdmrlLocke 2012/09/20 15:59:16 (edited)
    no, evolution is fact
    AdmrlLocke
    +3
    Evolution is neither a lie nor a fact--it's a scientific theory. I frankly think that the theory of punctuated equilibrium fits the data better than the currently-accepted theory of descent with gradual adaptation, but boy, what the evolutionists circle the intellectual wagons whenever you mention punctuated equilibrium! In any case, I don't drink Doctor Pepper, so I can't boycott something I don't use in the first place. It would be like me threatening not to vote for Obama if he keeps doing all the terrible things he's doing--I wasn't going to vote for him anyway. :-D

When I was growing up, I learned the evolution was God's process. I never was a literal Biblical fundamentalist anyway, so the idea that it's either one or the other is alien to me. I don't see, in any case, I think the Dr. Pepper ad, implying that Dr. Pepper allowed us to evolve from lower forms, is humorous. I wouldn't take it as a literal endorsement of evolution versus creationism.
  • Brendakp 2012/09/20 15:42:26
    no, but I am a creationist
    Brendakp
    +1
    Of course we've evolved, but not from apes and God made all of the evolving possible.
  • America... Brendakp 2012/09/21 10:26:49
    American☆Atheist
    no
  • Orsino Brendakp 2012/09/22 17:22:40
    Orsino
    +1
    That, I think, is called having your cake and eating it.
  • taylor 2012/09/20 13:31:10
  • Brendakp taylor 2012/09/20 15:43:07
    Brendakp
    +1
    Nice, you kiss your mother with that mouth?
  • gaylehelen 2012/09/20 12:09:36
    no, evolution is fact
    gaylehelen
    I don't do Facebook and I don't drink Dr. Pepper.
  • 16 2012/09/20 02:20:03
    no, evolution is fact
    16
    I don't drink soda, but if I did, it wouldn't stop me.
  • Gregaj7 2012/09/20 01:51:07
    yes, EVOLUTION IS A LIE!!!!
    +1
    While evolution, for Mankind, is not accurate, I do not drink Dr Pepper due to the HFCS and the flavor.
  • America... Gregaj7 2012/09/20 07:42:32
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    I assure you, it is fact.
  • Gregaj7 America... 2012/09/20 15:42:47
    +2
    And with the same "assurance", I tell you it is not. I am a creation of Yahweh-God, not of 'natural-selection'.
  • America... Gregaj7 2012/09/21 10:27:20
    American☆Atheist
    You assurance is nothing, you believe in a god.
  • Gregaj7 America... 2012/09/21 17:18:44
    So, we feel the same about each other's assurances. Quaint.
  • America... Gregaj7 2012/09/22 03:22:40
    American☆Atheist
    I have science on my side.
  • Koma America... 2012/09/22 03:28:23 (edited)
    Koma
    Then make another attempt at my challenge below with your scientific facts.

We await your reply.
  • America... Koma 2012/09/22 03:36:05
    American☆Atheist
    You asked things that are not about evolution.
  • Koma America... 2012/09/22 03:55:15
    Koma
    +1
    Why is it not about evolution?
    Evolution states there was no divine intervention, that all thing came into existence on it own.
    So lets start at square one of evolution with an infinity of absolute nothingness.
  • America... Koma 2012/09/22 12:57:02
    American☆Atheist
    Evolution claims that life changes, nothing more.

You need to prove that there was nothingness and what that means,.
  • Koma America... 2012/09/22 15:41:53
    Koma
    Science is on your side...
    Use your science of carbon dating, everything has an age.
    If it's X amount of years old then where was it prior to that?
  • Koma America... 2012/09/22 21:19:28
    Koma
    I "need to prove that there was nothingness" ?

How about this, you prove there was always something and it wasn't predated with nothingness.
  • Gregaj7 America... 2012/09/22 04:06:06
    So, who created the science?
  • Koma America... 2012/09/20 17:32:17
    Koma
    How can you be so sure when you miserably failed my challenge below?
  • America... Koma 2012/09/21 10:27:33
    American☆Atheist
    What challenge?
  • moomoof 2012/09/20 01:19:23
  • Koma moomoof 2012/09/20 06:45:02
    Koma
    +1
    How did evolution begin?
    What was square one of evolution?
    How did everything come from absolutely nothing?

I've been told by evolutionist that it all began with a mass of gases that came together to form into solids.
    Where did the gases come from and why did they come together on their own?
    Where did the heat source come from that kept the gases from a solid state?
    At absolute zero with no heat source whatsoever all things are a solid.

Taking that into consideration a heat source had to exist before the gases could exist.
    Which came first, the heat source or the gases?
    Gases can't exist without a heat source so the heat source must have came first.
    What is the heat source made of? Gases or solids?
    How can it be that gases came before solids which require a heat source from either gases or solids?
    It's like the age old question as to which came first, the chicken or the egg which is much less complex than the universe.

In an infinity of absolute nothingness what exploded to create the big bang in which all things came to be?
    Please explain how every physical thing in existence today can come into existence on it's own because to me it defies all the laws of physics and all logic and reason.

The unchanging laws of physics is the catalyst that binds the universe, without them nothing physical ...

How did evolution begin?
    What was square one of evolution?

The unchanging laws of physics is the catalyst that binds the universe, without them nothing physical could exist.
    The laws of physics had to existed before anything physical came into existence.
    How did the laws of physics come into existence?

Your explanation must adhere to the never changing laws of physics and must start from an infinity of absolute nothingness.

If you can accomplish this task you can prove once and for all that Christianity and all other religions on earth are false and the Atheist are correct that there was no divine intervention in the creation of the universe and mankind.

I challenge not only you to explain this phenomenon but any intelligent being on this planet, in this universe and beyond, nobody excluded, physical being or otherwise.

Give it your best shot and stumble not.
  • America... Koma 2012/09/20 07:43:23
    American☆Atheist
    When the first cell started changing.
    Evolution is not the beginning of life.
  • Koma America... 2012/09/20 15:20:48
    Koma
    You failed!

Next!
  • America... Koma 2012/09/21 10:27:55
    American☆Atheist
    no, you failed to understand evolution,.
  • Koma America... 2012/09/21 19:36:35
    Koma
    Then explain it to us, that's the challenge presented and you failed to explain.

Your explanation must adhere to the laws of physics and must start from an infinity of absolute nothingness.

We await your explanation
  • Random Koma 2012/09/23 11:44:16
    Random
    +1
    Pardon me but, why must the explanation start at the infinity of absolute nothingness?
    Theory of Evolution deals solely with already living organisms and what happened after they started to, well, live.
    Are you referring to Abiogenesis or the Big Bang Theory perhaps?
  • Koma Random 2012/09/23 18:40:29 (edited)
    Koma
    "Theory of Evolution deals solely with already living organisms"

How did these "living organisms" come to be? What is their origin?

If the Theory of Evolution is considered as fact and replaces the creation of all things physical then it must explain how all things came into existence beginning at square one.
    The Theory of Evolution cannot start in the middle or near the end with the universe, our solar system and a planet with the proper conditions to support life, it must start at the beginning the same as creation IF it is factual and replaces the creation of all things physical.
  • Random Koma 2012/09/24 12:35:29 (edited)
    Random
    +1
    Um, no because it's Biology.
    What you are referring to is Physics and Astrophysics, different scientific discipline and area of expertise.

While Physicists, can explain the "workings" of Biology, you'd have to ask actual Biologists to give you real specifics, as they examine the inner workings/mechanisms more closely than a Physicist would (and definitely more than an Astrophysicist would.)
    And while Biologists would know about the "workings" of Physics, to get the real specifics of the mechanisms you'd have to ask a Physicist, not a Biologist.
    As is my understanding, at least.

It goes like this, The Big Bang theory (Astrophysics/Physics(?)) explains how the Universe began, Abiogenesis (which is a separate field of study than that of Theory of Evolution) attempts to explain how organic matter arose from inorganic matter, THEN Theory of Evolution comes into play, explaining how life diversified after organisms were already alive.

Theory of Evolution does not in any way shape or form seek to explain the origins of life nor the origins of our universe nor our world, because that is a different area of study altogether.

Different scientific disciplines complement one and other, but they study the world around them in "different ways." Physics deals with matter, Chemistry deals with t...

Um, no because it's Biology.

As is my understanding, at least.

Different scientific disciplines complement one and other, but they study the world around them in "different ways." Physics deals with matter, Chemistry deals with the chemical properties of matter, Biology deals with living organic material and matter, technically speaking, I suppose and so on.

(To any serious Scientist on this site, I apologize for my rudimentary explanation.)
  • Libertys Martyr 2012/09/20 01:04:30
    no, evolution is fact
    Libertys Martyr
    +3
    Where does High Fructose Corn Syrup fall on the evolutionary chart? Before or after insulin resistance and diabetes, I forget?
  • Matt 2012/09/20 00:49:41
    no, evolution is fact
    Matt
    +2
    Evidenced by modern society, de-evolution sure seems to be a fact.
    funny evolution
  • twocrows 2012/09/20 00:47:47
    no, evolution is fact
    twocrows
    +1
    the things people find to get up in arms about.

then there was a board of "education" that attempted to throw evolution into reverse by refusing to teach it and insisting on teaching only creationism [how you manage to 'teach' an article of faith is incomprehensible to me, but that's what they did].
    that lasted 3 years. then, when no accredited school would accept their precious children who had no knowledge of the world at large, the parents rose up as one, booted out the regressive board members and evolution was, once again, kick-started in the State of Kansas.

obviously, no one has learned anything in the intervening 30+ years.
    so, maybe evolution IS a lie - at least among certain members of the so wrongly named, 'homo-sapiens sapiens.'
  • Daring ... twocrows 2012/09/20 01:17:48
    Daring Blasphemer BN-0
    Are you suggesting the religious need to evolve?
  • twocrows Daring ... 2012/09/20 15:26:34
    twocrows
    +1
    only the ones who refuse to look at the facts.
  • Koma twocrows 2012/09/22 15:56:39
    Koma
    Which facts would those be, mine, yours or theirs?
  • Cuthbert Allsgood 2012/09/20 00:45:42
    no, evolution is fact
    Cuthbert Allsgood
    +1
    The evidence is right there. Maybe we don't have all the pieces to the puzzle, doesn't mean we can't see what it is.

2014/04/18 00:46:32