DOT targets farm tractors

Allbiz - PWCM - JLA 2011/08/12 22:20:32

One
of the rites of passage in rural life comes when parents decide a child
is old enough to help out by driving the tractor. If the Obama
administration has its way that will be a thing of the past. The
Federal government now proposes to require that motorized farm equipment
carry DOT id numbers and that all users have a commercial driver's license.
Most of these vehicle never travel on public roads unless it is a short trip to another field or a neighbor's farm.

The
proposed rule change would mean that anyone who drives a tractor or
operates any piece of motorized farming equipment would be required to
pass the same tests and complete the same detailed forms and logs
required of semi-tractor trailer drivers.

Drivers
would keep logs of information including hours worked and miles
traveled. Vehicles would be required to display DOT numbers. A CDL in
Virginia costs $64 for eight years, or $8 per year, not including the
cost of an instructional class and the written test.

If
the DOT reclassifies farm vehicles and implements as commercial
vehicles, the federal government will have regulatory control over the
nation's farm workers, estimated at over 800,000, by requiring them to
have commercial drivers licenses.

What's
next from the Obama administration? Will HHS require all parents to
have a nursing license before they can dispense an orange flavored low
dose aspirin tablet to their child?

• Dwight PWCM 2011/08/15 19:14:27
    Dwight PWCM
    +1
    Imagine the increased cost of food with this requirement.

CDL liscended drivers bring a higher wage, and that depends also on the number of endorsments they are required to have.

If material carried requires a Hazardous Materials endorsment or even a Tank Vehicle endorsment the wage required could be higher. Any material carried that requires a Placard will require a HazMat endorsement.
  • Striker 2011/08/14 02:19:06
    Striker
    +1
    When we finally collapse and get rid of FedGov, the next round any government will have no power over the states, the counties, the cities or the people.

it'll be something like this:
    http://no-ruler.net/new-const...
  • ronbo51 2011/08/13 15:54:33 (edited)
    ronbo51
    +2
    its my private property . i dont run tractor over the highways, or roads.
    you wanna WAR, you bunch of turd eating Federal misfits?????
    come on down to the farm and get you some!Q!!!!.
    I CAN USE MORE FERTILIZER!

http://image.spreadshirt.com/... bunch turd eating federal misfits farm fertilizer httpimage spreadshirt posted tresspasser will be shot bunch turd eating federal misfits farm fertilizer httpimage spreadshirt posted tresspasser will be shot

2012 is going to bring a lot of noise from the farmers .
  • Allbiz ... ronbo51 2011/08/13 16:13:39
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +1
    I like the No Trespassing sign.
  • ronbo51 Allbiz ... 2011/08/14 13:48:34
  • natwebb 2011/08/13 04:23:45
    natwebb
    +1
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan 40th president of US (1911 - 2004)
  • Bcounted 2011/08/13 03:53:42
    Bcounted
    +2
    That’s foolish, the Department of Transportation has no jurisdiction over equipment not operated on the road nor can it regulate the use on private property.

department transportation jurisdiction equipment operated road regulate private property excessive police powers
  • Allbiz ... Bcounted 2011/08/13 15:07:28
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +2
    I agree. I see this as a violation of states rights.
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2011/08/13 02:15:17
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +3
    Government take over..
  • Konraden 2011/08/13 00:49:42
    Konraden
    +2
    I don't have the slightest idea where you get your material. The USDOT has no such record of a proposal.

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/20...

Although, many states already require many farm-hands to have a CDL, or contain a farm-specific CDL for machinery, especially truck-trailers used to haul and move machinery.

http://wcfcourier.com/busines...

Once again, we have a shining example of Conservative anti-Obama Hyperbole.
  • Allbiz ... Konraden 2011/08/13 15:24:17
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +1
    Do you liberals make it a point to ignore as many facts as possible and then pretent they don't even exist? Here. Read this and learn something: http://patdollard.com/2011/07...

And here's another from the left-supporting ABC News: http://www.welbornfreedomwatc...

And how do you deny that DOT has proposed this silly idea after your second link even confirms it?

Once again we have a shining example of useless idiots infiltrating the liberal ranks.
  • Konraden Allbiz ... 2011/08/17 01:02:59
    Konraden
    "FMCSA requests public comment on: (1) Previously published regulatory guidance on the distinction between interstate and intrastate commerce in deciding whether operations of commercial motor vehicles within the boundaries of a single State are subject to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs);"
    http://www.federalregister.go...

Read close now. No where does it state there is a proposed regulation for federal DOT marked farm vehicles? It doesn't. The FMCSA was collecting public comments on the subject.

I understand you conservative types have trouble with literacy, but I'll spell it out. The states already have various laws in place to enforced state DOT laws on farm machinery, like Iowa there.

So, your panties are in a twist over conservative misinformation. Did Fox News tell you the DOT was pushing this new law?
  • Allbiz ... Konraden 2011/08/17 01:45:14 (edited)
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    Of course you realize you have lost the debate so you try to use the useless idiot tactic of changing the subject.

If yu possessed any amount of reading comprehension, you may have noticed the topic here is requiring CDL licenses in order to operate farm equipment.

Its obvious that you did not read the links I provided, but had you read your own links, like you expect others to do, you would have read that the the DOT did in fact, consider the requirement of CDL license in order to operate any kind of farm machinery but in later discussions decided to rescind the requirement.
  • Konraden Allbiz ... 2011/08/17 02:06:11
    Konraden
    CDL licenses follow DOT markings. Discussion of one necessarily incorporates the other.

The federal DOT never proposed any laws, which is specifically what your argument said.

"Federal government now proposes to require that motorized farm equipment "

You're moving the goalposts now that I've shown two things--that many states already require this, and that the federal government never proposed such a law--only acquired public input regarding it--"considering" a law. Your use of a logical fallacy demonstrates who here has lost this argument.

As for the links you posted, both right-wing blog sites. I followed their sources. the Pat Dollard blog was patently wrong, and even shows so by quoting the same FMCSA link, where it clearly shows no such proposal of a law. The second link has no sources. It's right-wing mouth breathing at its finest.

My sources? One a federal website. The other a journalists report--with sources.

I have thoroughly shown your claim to be patently false and misinformative. I hope you are planning to post a contraction.
  • Allbiz ... Konraden 2011/08/17 14:39:18
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    I don't waste my tiem trying to argue with Saul Alinsky cultists.

Goodbye.
  • Konraden Allbiz ... 2011/08/18 05:37:29
    Konraden
    No contraction. Typical.
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2011/08/12 23:02:06
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +5
    This is crazy. What well he pull next.
  • John 2011/08/12 22:30:07
    John
    +3
    Just another way to grow Government employees and Tax/Ticket the user!
  • RTHTGakaRoland 2011/08/12 22:27:27
    RTHTGakaRoland
    +5
    Unhappy only destroying family businesses, The Obama Regime is out to destroy family farms too!

unhappy destroying family businesses obama regime destroy family farms obama small business cartoon

+4
    The latest from the Patriot Action Network is that the DOT have abandoned the attempt. The public outcry was simply too loud.
  • Allbiz ... Temlako... 2011/08/12 22:32:28
    Allbiz - PWCM - JLA
    +4
    I'm glad to hear that. Besides, it seems to me that it would have violated states rights.

2014/10/23 14:26:15