Don't you love it when...

Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/06/23 22:58:50
Related Topics: Economy, Politics, Discussion
someone is schooling you on life, politics and the economy and you look at their profile and find out they are 18? Come back in 30 years and we can have a real discussion!

laughing

• leslie 2012/07/06 04:51:05
    leslie
    +1
    Age 18 and up If you are allowed to fight and die for your country i want your opinion. other wise you are a child and you should be seen and not heard!!!
  • Gracie ... leslie 2012/07/06 04:52:32
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    LOL, so true!
  • PeterB 2012/06/29 10:07:25
    PeterB
    +1
    There will always be the exuberance and folly of youth. Be patient, most grow up and out of it.
  • Gracie ... PeterB 2012/06/29 16:22:07
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    I understand that and accept that, I was one. It just seems to me, and it might be just because of spending way too much time on this social debate site, that there is increased arrogance and much less respect. I think it's from giving too many trophies for less than excellent performances. Employers are seeing it in the work place when they suddenly find themselves as just one of the ordinary masses. We have kids come to work and when they've worked a year or two they suddenly think they are equal with all the people who have been there 30 years or more.
  • PeterB Gracie ... 2012/06/29 18:07:31
    PeterB
    My grandfather said it to my father. My father said it to me. I’ll say it to you: “Keep walking. Someday you’ll reach me.” Be patient.

Re: Awarding trophies. You wouldn’t want to break anyone's spirit by declaring them a loser would you? They’ll develop complexes, and become degenerates, mass murderers, politicians, etc., etc., and all that sort of rot!
  • Gracie ... PeterB 2012/06/30 00:18:14
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    They become all those things because of it, not in spite of it.
  • PeterB Gracie ... 2012/06/30 15:21:29
    PeterB
    +1
    You get a Gold Star!
  • Heffeweizen 2012/06/29 04:34:04
  • PeterB Heffewe... 2012/06/29 10:04:30 (edited)
    PeterB
    Perfect!

..... and do please share your earth shattering conclusions from your vast experience!
  • Heffewe... PeterB 2012/06/30 00:00:58
    Heffeweizen
    +1
    Nothing earth shattering, I was brought up to respect my elders and being lectured with talking points by a kid whose chief worry is what to do over the weekend tends to be a bit of an irritant. I'm more than open to discussion with anyone willing to do it in a civilized manner. Like many have pointed out on this thread, some young folks have some pretty amazing insight.
  • Gracie ... Heffewe... 2012/06/29 16:23:45
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Love it! Keeping it for posterity!
  • Denny 2012/06/29 04:10:55
    Denny
    +2
    They haven't even figured out how to get rid of zits yet.
  • MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +3
    Yes, I've had that happen... Little do they know how little they know. ://
  • Gracie ... MIZ® ₱... 2012/06/29 16:24:39
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    It's hard to get that concept across...it's hard to know what you don't know! LOL!
  • MIZ® ₱... Gracie ... 2012/06/30 11:05:29
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +2
    Well.... you and I wouldn't know... but I'm sure THEY do!! Wait..... hunh? I mean, they can't know what... they.... nevermind... LOLOL
  • Gracie ... MIZ® ₱... 2012/06/30 21:14:00
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    I was just reading another book and they put these lyrics in it and I cracked up! The song is "I'm 18" by Alice Cooper.

Lines form on my face and hands
    Lines form from the ups and downs
    I´m in the middle, without any plans
    I´m a boy and I´m a man.

I´m eighteen
    And I don´t know what I want
    Eighteen
    I just don´t know what I want
    Eighteen
    I gotta get away
    Eighteen
    I gotta get out of this place
    I´ll go runnin´ in outer space
    Oh yeah.

I got a
    Baby´s brain and an old man´s heart
    Took eighteen years to get this far
    Don´t always know what I´m talkin´ about
    Feels like I´m livin´ in the middle of doubt
    Cause I´m eighteen
    I get confused every day
    Eighteen
    I just don´t know what to say
    Eighteen
    I gotta get away.

Lines form on my face and my hands
    Lines form on the left and right
    I´m the middle
    The middle of life
    I´m a boy and I´m a man
    I´m eighteen and I like it
    Yes I like it
    Oh, I like it
    Love it, like it, love it
    Eighteen, Eighteen, Eighteen
    I´m eighteen and I like it.
  • MIZ® ₱... Gracie ... 2012/06/30 22:43:24
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +2
    HAH!!! I'll bet that under a different topic all these little kids would listen to this song.. ROCKIN' OUT sayin' "YEAH!!! That's ME!!" LOLOL
  • gkirmani 2012/06/28 18:26:30
    gkirmani
    +2
    some times YES it is interesting
  • stevmackey 2012/06/28 02:51:36
  • kir 2012/06/27 21:51:42
    kir
    +3
    Sorry, but I dislike this notion; while age definitely plays a role in determining how much experience you've had, each person is different and grows up with different experiences. This is a habit people get into as they age, believing that they are authority figures. It's also a bad habit authority figures get into--thinking that they're always right.

If you truly want to help the next generation then teach by example; make sure you have valid points of discussion and use clear logical analysis when having discussions with these people.
  • MIZ® ₱... kir 2012/06/29 04:16:54
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +2
    If the kids were as smart as they thought they were, they would know that their 'elders' would be much more open-minded if they felt they were being respected.
  • Ty ~ PHAET 2012/06/26 04:00:42 (edited)
    Ty ~ PHAET
    +7
    Take a look at the childish replies on this post by so-called "adults" and it becomes obvious that far too many of them never matured past the middle school mentality.

Anyone who would immediately dismiss my argument or my position because of my age isn't someone I would hold in a very high regard. It's hard to have any respect whatsoever for someone who behaves like that.
  • Gracie ... Ty ~ PHAET 2012/06/26 21:48:10
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    You don't even know what it was about so you've shown your immaturity be assuming the argument was even valid. Doesn't your little gang have something better to do then come here and all say exactly the same thing?
  • Ty ~ PHAET Gracie ... 2012/06/26 22:47:10
    Ty ~ PHAET
    +7
    Oh, really? And what about the people on this post who are agreeing with you? Do they know what it was about?

This post speaks for itself. Apparently some teenager got your feathers all in a ruffle and you got all defensive and decided to start a good old-fashioned circlejerk about it. YOU are the one who is acting immature.
  • Gracie ... Ty ~ PHAET 2012/06/26 23:44:24
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    I have better things to do than be continuously assaulted by teens and barely out of their teens. I just realized what PHAET stands for.
  • Ty ~ PHAET Gracie ... 2012/06/27 00:49:24
  • Gracie ... Ty ~ PHAET 2012/06/27 01:04:39
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    Your language is inappropriate for children, you should clean it up. It doesn't make you appear more mature.
  • Ty ~ PHAET Gracie ... 2012/06/27 01:21:29 (edited)
    Ty ~ PHAET
    +6
    You're right, I'll try to watch my mouth and spare your poor eyes from reading any no-no words.
  • Gracie ... Ty ~ PHAET 2012/06/27 02:12:39
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    And cartoons, what's up with you mature adults and cartoons?
  • MIZ® ₱... Ty ~ PHAET 2012/06/29 04:21:35
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +3
    It's called having respect... for PEOPLE in general - not just your friends who agree with YOU.
  • Ty ~ PHAET MIZ® ₱... 2012/06/29 04:25:54
    Ty ~ PHAET
    +4
    I respect people who deserve respect.
  • MIZ® ₱... Ty ~ PHAET 2012/06/30 22:44:07
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +2
    Don't we all?
  • MIZ® ₱... Gracie ... 2012/06/29 04:20:38
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +3
    I'm so glad my kids don't act like this one. No respect.
  • Gracie ... MIZ® ₱... 2012/06/29 16:25:40
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Being here makes my appreciate my own granddaughters more than ever. They would never talk like this, EVER!
  • MIZ® ₱... Gracie ... 2012/06/30 11:04:05
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +2
    They say there has to be evil for good to exist... lol
    HEY- Birthday girl!!! ♥♥♥
    Happy Birthday gifs
  • Gracie ... MIZ® ₱... 2012/07/01 01:24:29
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    Thanks! I just turned 18! LOL!
  • MIZ® ₱... Ty ~ PHAET 2012/06/29 04:18:32
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +1
    Oh please.....
  • Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦ 2012/06/26 02:58:54 (edited)
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    +15

If this is your passive-aggressive attempt to snipe at me, congratulations. You've managed to complain about teenagers whilst acting in the very same manner you supposedly despise. Hypocrisy, much?
  • Gracie ... Yuki ~ ... 2012/06/26 21:49:00
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Not hardly.
  • Yuki ~ ... Gracie ... 2012/06/26 22:10:51
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    +8
    You can deny it all you want, but your behavior speaks for itself.

You entered a discussion with an eighteen-year-old, effectively lost your temper, tried to save face by acting condescending and dismissive, and then decided to make a poll attacking me for having an opinion contrary to yours. I never spoke condescendingly to you, but you've always had a holier-than-thou attitude when typing to me (and other people.) You interpret reactions such as stunned disbelief with such defensiveness, to the point where you accuse me of trying to "school" you, when I'm really just shocked at how you take one person's behavior and apply it across the board.

In fact, this poll is a perfect example of that. You see what you want in me, and then make a sweeping generalization about teenagers in general.

You pretty much overreacted, over-the-top, and then made a poll that demonstrates you have the overall maturity of your shoe size. And you even try to defend your immature behavior with the excuse that everyone else is doing it.

You've lost. Any and all respect I might have had for you, was just shot dead. I normally respect people who are older than me, because their experience is meaningful, but I've finally concluded you are neither worth my time nor my respect.

So, once again, I must congratulate you. It's rare that someone's able to press my buttons so effectively, but you've managed to do it.

Good day.

2014/12/19 13:00:36