Don't you get it? Voting is pointless.

urwutuis 2010/02/26 19:08:05
We are all being played. We are being led into fascism by our own government and people are still arguing over meaningless liberal-conservative tripe.
IT DOESN"T MATTER
Haven't you noticed that this supposedly liberal socialist president is doing exactly the same things that our christian somewhat conservative president did? We may as well be voting for Popeye and Betty Boop.

"Capital" Hill is a puppet show.
You are fighting in a burning building.
LET IT GO.

It isn't republican vs democrat, it's all of them and it makes little difference which side of the aisle they are on No one with the ability to effect change will be permitted to get their name on the ballot. That's why voting is pointless.

I don't think this can be done through the election process. The banks control the media and thus the election. Especially now since the restrictions on campaign spending have been removed from corporations. That means that the Federal Reserve can spend as much as it wants to ensure that one of their dummies gets to sit on the ventriloquist's knee.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of their property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” Thomas Jefferson

Stop bickering over meaningless party lines and attack the real problem.

The Federal Reserve and it's private police force, the IRS, are the cause of the current crisis and every boom and bust cycle since the civil war. I, for one, am not giving them another dime.

Did you know that there is no law that requires individuals to file or pay taxes on wages and salaries?
It's a fact.
Yet they can take anything they want and put you in jail where you are guilty untill proven innocent.
and you haven't broken a single law!!!
How can that be?
Not 1 cent of individual income tax goes to running the government or providing services
100% goes to the Fed . Interest on the loan.
It's all a con game and if enough of us are willing to stand up to these crooks we may be able to stop them although I have my doubts. It may already be too late.

People who are waiting for the upcoming elections are hoping to vote out those in office. Go ahead. It will change nothing and we will be that much closer to world government with the bankers running the show.
Rollerball. Fascism.
The merger of government and corporation.
I can hardly wait.

• Corbin Coulman 2011/09/25 18:55:27
    Corbin Coulman
    +5
    yeh i just love how we"vote' and the electorol college or whatever makes the choice so i say F it im not gona sit in sum dum both and sit there and how that we get "change" i so done with fighting and theres no soultion besides ignore it and dont vote intill theres a women cannidate and she has her period and starts the 3rd world war

• CrazyHorse 2012/09/08 12:54:46
    CrazyHorse
    +2
    first of all, money from the federal reserve *does* eventually end up in the hands of the government, in some function or another. Well, a large portion, at least. Still, I agree that we should abolish the federal reserve and instead focus on a treasury based system, where the actual government, as opposed to a private banking system, has control over the currency, and direct access to the tax system.

Now, when it comes to Taxes themselves? Taxes are not the fault of the Federal reserve. Also, taxes are not the real problem. The real problem (if I do say so myself) is the lack of taxes on the super rich. The current tax system, or at least the current vulgarities built into our contemporary tax system, had its origins with the Reagan administration, where taxes on the rich went from 90% to 50%. Now, could this have worked if they had simply created higher tax brackets atop this that went all the way to 90%? Certainly. But instead, they just seemingly cut it off at 50%. No matter how rich you were, you'd never have to pay 90% taxes again.

There are a few other Economic realities I am forgetting here, and if I recall, most of the (by now) clear mistakes had their origins in the Reagan administration. I think one of them was covered in an episode of Newsroom. What I DO know, is...

>

There are a few other Economic realities I am forgetting here, and if I recall, most of the (by now) clear mistakes had their origins in the Reagan administration. I think one of them was covered in an episode of Newsroom. What I DO know, is that during Reagan, corporations were able to scrap entire factories,businesses, wholesale ... in order to get a little more profit for the quarter. Now, what this meant was that the rich could keep on getting richer even while jobs where being lost by the thousands (such as in Detroit). The long term effects of these actions were never considered, primarily the economic stability of the lower/middle class communities that they were essentially destroying.

Anyways, I think the time for endless greed and limitless growth are over. There ARE limits to growth, after all. There are those much smarter than I that will know possible solutions for increasing the taxes on the super wealthy. Should there be a greater tax on any transaction higher than 5 million dollars, perhaps? Or should there instead be some sort of additional 'estate tax' on those whose net worth is higher than 20 million dollars?

I don't think we need to target the fledgling rich, per se, with a 90% tax as they are in the growth sector ... but those with 100+ million dollars, who no longer care how much things cost? I think they should at least see something equivalent to 70-80% taxes.

Current tax bracket, if I had to guess, cuts off at something like 500,000 dollars or so, at 50%.

Well, perhaps from 5 mil - 10 mil it should be 60%, from 11 mil to 30 mil it should be 70%, from 31 mil to 49 mil it should be 80%, and anyone over 50 million should have to pay 90%. That is one possible tax bracket, though how that translates into actual taxes I have no idea. (estate tax? income tax? transactional tax?) -> I mean, if there is someone with 50 million dollars and no income tax, what are they really supposed to pay? Would we then increase the estate tax on those whose net worth is higher than a certain value?

Possibly, if we attached taxes to net worth rather than income, we could make the excessively rich a temporary phenomenon, that gets ground back into the 'regular rich' or 'upper middle class' due to estate taxes or some such.
  • hellokitty1234567890 2011/11/28 22:50:04
    hellokitty1234567890
    +2
    Voting is SOOO important if u feel like our government sucks thatn DO something about it rather than to talk trash about it GO VOTE there are hundreds of people woh DIE to vote and do you vote? NO you just sit around saying how pointless voting is. But if you really want to do something than vote it doesn't matter if it's demcrate or Rebpublican you can ake a differance with that ONE vote YOU could make the differance so INCOURAGE your friends and family to vote becaue america has the privledge of voting and 40 persent of you take it for granted!Find a solution don't sart another prob;em.
  • urwutuis helloki... 2011/11/29 01:00:30 (edited)
    urwutuis
    I have a very good reason not to vote and people dying for it does not make it any more functional.
    What has voting changed? What you fail to realize is that anyone with the desire and ability to truly lead this country would never make it to the ballot. The people who own this country don't want it changed.
    Why would they?
    5% of the population controls more of the nations wealth than the remaining 95%.
    Do you think you really have a choice?
    Elections are the illusion of freedom.

None are so enslaved as those who mistakenly believe they are free.
  • erik.go... helloki... 2012/10/26 17:55:14
    erik.gore.777
    +3
    So important that deployed military vote as absentee ballots and absentee ballots aren't count unless there's a tie. So essentially any one who's ever been deployed and voted ............ you guessed it never been counted. Privilege blah blah how about perception of choice. Candidate B is funded by the same big banks and big corporations as candidate A. Drink some more Kool Aid.
  • Corbin Coulman 2011/09/25 18:55:27
    Corbin Coulman
    +5
  • urwutuis Corbin ... 2011/09/27 00:47:56
    urwutuis
    +1
    It has been a long contention of mine that no matter which party is in office we're screwed. It's like choosing a rapist.
  • Matthew Thrasher 2011/03/30 05:21:29
    Matthew Thrasher
    +4
    Kevracer has it wrong....IF you vote, you have no right to complain. Let's be f-ing logical, people. IF you vote, and elect these useless pieces of crap, then you are directly responsible for all of the crappy things they do.

I had no say in the matter.
  • urwutuis Matthew... 2011/03/30 08:07:33
    urwutuis
    I think you get to whine either way. It's still just choosing a rapist to me.
  • erik.go... Matthew... 2012/10/26 17:56:56
    erik.gore.777
    +1
    Thanks George Carlin
  • JamesRobinsonGoff 2010/11/01 22:36:16
    JamesRobinsonGoff
    +3
    Politics has turned this country into the Landfill Of Opportunity.
  • flaca BN-0 2010/02/26 20:56:03
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    The current system encourages this to happen. But we are afraid to change the system: people hate change. Maybe one day another generation might have the guts to do it.
  • urwutuis flaca BN-0 2010/02/26 21:34:52
    urwutuis
    +1
    I agree.. You never know though, people are starting to catch on. I have my fingers crossed
  • The Winter Sodahead 2010/02/26 20:16:32
    The Winter Sodahead
    +1
    I agree with some of what you said but I don't think it's as much the federal reserve as our own stupidity
  • urwutuis The Win... 2010/02/26 21:14:57
    urwutuis
    +1
    It was our stupidity that allowed a private corporation to issue money,granted, but I'll give odds It's the Fed owners that are responsible. They now control over 50% of the wealth of the entire planet. By comparison Gates and Buffet are paupers.

"Let me issue a country's currency and I care not who writes the laws" Mayor Rothschild
  • MILLERTIME 2010/02/26 20:07:18
    MILLERTIME
    YOU KNOW SOME PEOPLE FIND SOLUTIONS INSTEAD OF JUST POINTING OUT PROBLEMS.
  • urwutuis MILLERTIME 2010/02/26 21:19:22
    urwutuis
    +1
    I'm open to suggestions. I, for one, am not giving them another dime and while I think if enough people followed suit it would have some effect I cannot recommend this course of action as it likely will end in court. The IRS says they win 100% of these cases. Another lie. If I get an educated jury and a mediocre attorny I should be OK but I am sure they will impound everything I used to own first.

We need to print our own money instead of allowing a private corporation to bleed us dry. Our political system is corrupt to the core. Maybe if enough people stop paying we can effect some change but as long as people are fooled into thinking they are free and that elections matter we are destined for the fascist government we are plunging headlong into.
  • kevracer 2010/02/26 19:18:24
    kevracer
    +3
    No matter how disenfranchised you feel, you have to vote. If you don't vote, then you have NO voice in our government. disenfranchised feel vote vote voice government
  • urwutuis kevracer 2010/02/26 19:30:03
    urwutuis
    +2
    Even if you vote you have no voice. The wolves are in charge of the henhouse Elections are the illusion of freedom.
  • kevracer urwutuis 2010/02/26 19:31:30
    kevracer
    +1
    If you don't vote, you have forfeited your right to bitch and complain about government works or doesn't work.
  • urwutuis kevracer 2010/02/26 21:06:50
    urwutuis
    +2
    No I haven't. Just because I think it's pointless doesn't mean I should be censored. No wonder we're in trouble. It's that type of thinking that got us here..Do I have to vote for the grand wizard to say the Klan is bunch of idiots? Your sense of right and what freedom is seem to be at odds with mine.
  • David Bobo kevracer 2012/03/30 19:04:31
  • urwutuis David Bobo 2012/03/31 00:10:06
    urwutuis
    Is that an insinuation? I understand your point but until there's an actual choice I refuse to participate in the illusion.
  • David Bobo urwutuis 2012/04/03 17:19:25
    David Bobo
    +1
    i am sorry the comment was not directed at you it was directed at kavracer, i am implying that he is a fool.
  • urwutuis David Bobo 2012/04/03 18:11:32
    urwutuis
    I see that now. Sorry, my mistake

2014/11/28 14:39:49