Don't hate any religion?

Walaa 2012/05/27 19:15:30

I always thought people wont generalize things based on extremist groups or organizations. But when it comes to someone thats a muslim or Islam it becomes a whole different case.
People start calling an entire religion to be EVIL. Evil is a big word and is even worse when its generlized to a whole community and society of millions.
Many things that I have noticed to be misunderstood is this thing about infidels, this idea isnt true, in Islam when the muslims got into wars they were not to kill anyone beyond the war zone muslim or not. And how is it possible that the Prophets neighbor was a jew, if this infidel thing was true why wasnt he killed. Why were churches built too. And no people who didnt want to convert to Islam werent killed, they were expected to live peacefully practicing their own believe as well as help the muslims in some areas like farming architecture knowledge basically.
And another is this Iran, Iran does not represent the muslim community, the same applies to Saudi. Iran and Saudi are two VERY different branches of Islam, Iran Shitte muslims and Saudi Sunni muslims, both extremes. Iranians find people like myself better off killed Saudis well is overruled by culture rather than religion, where they happen to be stuck in the past. And this thing about Iran killing gays is disgusting, because it really has nothing to do with religion, in Islam it was believed to let the gays somewhere isolated where they "support" each other so that I guess they wont be disturded.
Something else is that every religion being old an ancient has specific things that we dont really do now or follow due to time difference, this too applies to Islam. And this thing about Mohammed marrying a 9 year old, its something to do with time change too, where I live a muslim country there is a age limit of 17 for marraige. But really Mohammed as the case with other men at that time it was normal to marry any girl at any age as long as she had her period as the case with other cultures other than Islam. Culture happens to always be seen part of religion apparently.

Basically, all I'm trying to say is such generalizations and hate would take us no where, I really dont care what religion or believe someone obtains because it wont change the way I preceive them. It is semi impossible to get rid of an entire religion so focus on peoples similarities rather than differences, if you cant find a similarity being human and the definate outcome of ending up dead should beewnough. At the end we are people that need one another. Statements that insult other people would only spread discrimination that can esclate to something much worse..
Enough harm has been done by both sides.

• Alvin 2012/05/28 00:48:47
    Alvin
    +3
    I agree with your comments. There is an awful lot of misinformation being circulated by all religious groups in the news now. One cannot make generalizations about a culture that is radically different from one's unless one does some reading, exploring and learning. People must realize that religions develop around a specific time, location and culture. Unless one has an understanding of the time culture and location they cannot possibly understand some of the tenets of that religion. One example is the ban on pork by Jews and Muslims, beef by the Hindus and (until very recently) all sorts of meat except for fish on Fridays by catholics. Unless you understand that pork in biblical times carried trichinosis and would make you sick or kill you, that the Hindus believe in reincarnation and hold the cow in reverence and catholics avoided meat of Friday out of respect for the death of Jesus The Christ, you could never grasp the reasons for the bans.
    A little respect, understanding and a willingness to educate one's self would go a long way to creating a more peaceful society.

• Abtidon 2013/03/11 23:15:50
    Abtidon
    +1
    Well said Walaa,I faced stupid Islamphophic on SH though I don't hate any religion I have good friends from different believes including Atheist .I blieve everyone is equal......people should not hate religions just because of the idiots out there

these people who are sinners are in most religions....but dont follow what the religion says

yes....this includes people who think they are jewish, people who think they are christian, people who think they are sikhs,people who think they are hindus,etc. etc.

these people make the whole religion look bad
  • kyle 2012/08/29 16:56:16
    kyle
    i got several questions about Islam!
    why is the Islamic Symbol a crescent moon with a star?
    where did Islam the religion came from ?
    where did the word Islam came from ?
    how many sectors dose Islam has? for an ex: the Christan's faith has Mormonisms/ catholic/protestant .
  • Walaa kyle 2012/08/30 11:09:35
  • kyle Walaa 2012/09/21 20:51:35
    kyle
    so Islam doesn't have a symbol to represent it self .
    islam was founded by Saudi Arabians.
    so you replace the sa with a is an you get islam.
    that's a lot of sectors to mesmerize
  • Walaa kyle 2012/09/21 21:19:41 (edited)
    Walaa
    Not really founded by Saudi Arabians but Mohammed aka the prophet was born in Mecca now known as Saudi Arabia, it was predicted by the jews that a prophet would come named Ahmed, but well apparently it was Mohammed.
    Yea I guess.
  • BobbyOdd 2012/06/17 00:57:06
    BobbyOdd
    I know there is truth in your words, but the Muslims around the world are not so peaceful as you say. All around the world they are killing any Christians they find. In Indonesian islands even police stand by while Christians are murdered and do nothing. It appears to be a worldwide event. I know you read the same articles I do online.
  • Walaa BobbyOdd 2012/06/17 03:59:57
    Walaa
    +2
    Not really, "all around the world they are killing any christian they find". I know in Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, UAE, Jordan they dont.. I'm not saying there arent any christians killed in Indonesia or whatever but the civilized do not..
    Again, propaganda..
  • BobbyOdd Walaa 2012/06/17 16:19:49
    BobbyOdd
    you can find video showing the murders if you look.
  • Walaa BobbyOdd 2012/06/17 17:29:04
    Walaa
    +1
    I LIVE in the Middle East.. I think I know more than enough to come to this conclution..
  • BobbyOdd Walaa 2012/06/17 21:25:52
    BobbyOdd
    is ok. i don't expect you to give a care for Christians.
  • Walaa BobbyOdd 2012/06/18 03:21:59
    Walaa
    How cant I? We all live on one tiny planet where one must learn to get over others differences because it will not do them or anyone any good..
    Besides its just a religion, something between a person and the upper source has nothing to do with society.
  • Jane BobbyOdd 2012/09/08 14:19:02
    Jane
    Christians have a similar history and there is much hatred (without knowledge or understanding) of all Muslims in the bible belt of the US.
    Many christians send missionary's to other countries to convert the people, so what can they expect? These people are just as passionate about their religion as the christians.
  • ron.maclennan 2012/05/29 14:13:22 (edited)
    ron.maclennan
    +2
    I'm a champion of Free Will of the Individual and the Self above all else.

So, long as religion, government, institutions, or societal groups weaken my free will and resolve to act as a unique individual then I strongly appose them.

I am not my society, nor do I identify with any religious group or doctrine.
    God created me and gave me the gift of FREE WILL as he did to every human being. To oppose, weaken, or suppress a persons free will is to break the universal cosmic law.
    Of all the sins that I have committed or may committ, I would never suppress or interfere with a person's FREE WILL.
  • blissful 2012/05/28 13:03:02
    blissful
    +1
    This is the problem. People don't want to be told the truth about Peace and getting-along. That would mean that the other side won. Sad to say, but most people want War & Distraction. This way the feel they are in control of things..
  • Alvin 2012/05/28 00:48:47
    Alvin
    +3
  • Sean 2012/05/27 22:43:53
    Sean
    I am for getting rid of all religions as well as getting rid of all governments, corporations, and academic institutions.
  • TommyB Sean 2012/05/29 03:46:44
    TommyB
    +1
    Say hello to your future:
  • Sean TommyB 2012/05/29 03:53:32
    Sean
    +1
    Though I am not knocking those primitive egalitarian societies like the one they're talking about in this video, I am not advocating for primitive living, what I advocate for is a technological egalitarian economic system, and that system would have no place for governments, corporations, academic institutions, and religions.
  • TommyB Sean 2012/05/29 04:11:36
    TommyB
    +2
    A technologically advanced society with no educational institutions? Can't be done. Without minimal government, you have anarchy. I'm afraid what you want is not obtainable.
  • Sean TommyB 2012/05/29 04:23:30
    Sean
    +1
    I am an anarchist however, except for when a command structure is called for like on The Enterprise. Star Trek is an example of the economic I advocate for. I researching 3 organizations:

Zeitgeist Movement

Buckminster Fuller Institute

Venus Project

Those are all organizations that Advocate for what I advocate for.

The state is only needed to maintain class based economic systems, and monogamy without those 2 in the equation, that's the end of the state right there.

As for learning. I am all for learning. I have a problem with academic institutions because they don't provide a learning environment, they zap the motivation the natural motivation that we all have to learn, and explore from the day we're born by not allowing students to actively participate in the subject matter they're studying, and by having tests in which one has to pass in order to get their sheets of paper called degrees. Memorization and Regurgitation is NOT learning, that's indoctrination.

Learning is where you get to study whatever you're driven to study, and actively participate in it, not sit in a classroom and listen to lectures, and regurgitate the lecture in the form of a test where if you don't get an a grade you're a failure. That makes one afraid of the learning process when we should be honoring t...

Zeitgeist Movement

Buckminster Fuller Institute

Venus Project

Learning is where you get to study whatever you're driven to study, and actively participate in it, not sit in a classroom and listen to lectures, and regurgitate the lecture in the form of a test where if you don't get an a grade you're a failure. That makes one afraid of the learning process when we should be honoring the learning process, that's how you advance, evolve, and come up with ideas.

When we do have something WORTHY of being called civilization which I hope we do someday, academic centers will be centers of learning NOT memorization and regurgitation.
  • ron.mac... Sean 2012/05/29 14:47:26 (edited)
    ron.maclennan
    +2
    That's the beauty of technology. It takes the power away from the governments, corporations, academic institutions, and religions and give's it back to the individual. The individual then has the freedom to make his own system or become part of freer economic system that is not based on countries and borders or who you work for or how many university degrees or titles you have, or your religious or political affiliation.

A technological egalitarian economic system looks more appealing to me than the old broken economic systems.

I don't advocate "getting rid of" the current orders in-as-much as just not joining them or giving them any power over my world.
  • Jane ron.mac... 2012/09/08 14:30:39
    Jane
    Very well put.
  • Jane Sean 2012/09/08 14:28:57
    Jane
    Have to agree with TommyB's next statement. If people were more logical than emotional we would not have the out of control population and destruction of the environment.
  • ron.mac... TommyB 2012/05/29 14:34:17
    ron.maclennan
    +1
    I wouldn't want to leave my society just to join another group or society. I want to be on my own. A solitary man in the great wilderness! Like Grizzly Adams or the old prospectors of the old West. Part of a society but Free.

Although I have read that the Tasaday people have no emotion for nor do they know the meaning of sorrow nor is there any competition between individuals. They all live in peace and harmony with themselves and nature.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/05/27 20:00:41
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +3
    There are Extremists in All Religions
    Extremists in Islam Extremists in Christianity Extremists in Judaism Extremists in Hinduism Extremists in Sikhism Extremists in other Religions

Religion is not the problem
    the Problem is the Extremists who use God and their own Personal Agenda to justify hate ignorance and Violence
  • Jane ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/09/08 14:32:55
    Jane
    +1
    Most religions teach that their way is the only true way and that is a problem.
  • ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥ 2012/05/27 19:58:03
    ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥
    +3
    I don't think Christianity, Muslims etc. are evil based on the extremist groups. That just makes me think either most or some of the people of that religion are evil, depending on the percent the extremist people make up of said religion.

2014/11/22 06:18:53