DOJ is suing an Indiana egg producer for requiring documentation from illegals

Peewee ~PWCM~ 2012/06/22 03:45:45
Disgusting
Darned evil Capitalist Farmers exploiting those poor hens just so people can have eggs to eat...
It's George Bush's Fault

INDIANAPOLIS — The Justice Department is suing a southern
Indiana-based egg producer to stop alleged discrimination against
non-U.S. citizens in the hiring process.

The complaint against Rose Acre Farms Inc. alleges the
Seymour-based company required non-citizens to produce more, different
or specific documents issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
to verify their eligibility for work, while U.S. citizens were
permitted to present their choice of documents. It says federal law
prohibits employers from placing additional burdens for documentation on
non-citizens.

A person answering the phone at the company's Seymour headquarters after business hours Tuesday said no one was available to comment on the allegations.

Rose Acre Farms employs about 1,850 workers at more than 40 sites in six states.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This makes as much sense as suing the State of Florida for purging their voter registry of dead people, and allowing voter intimidation. Meanwhile destroying another business. What do you think?

Read More: http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/fe5da...

Disgusting
    +14
    Excuse me?
    an EMPLOYER .. is being sued for ..
    (oh, my .. )

HIRING American CITIZENS and/or LEGAL residents?

seems to me the DoJ is CLEARLY not looking out for our Nation's best interests .. nor its CITIZENS ..

• ProudPr... KingdomNow 2012/06/22 15:27:29
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    You're missing the point. The farm is accused of discriminating against LEGAL non-citizens. These are people who PROVIDED all of the required documentation and were discriminated against anyway. That's against the law, in case you weren't aware of it.
  • KingdomNow ProudPr... 2012/06/22 22:23:47
    KingdomNow
    +3
    You're missing the point that every company has to adopt CYA measures to verify the so-called legal non-citizens aren't frauds, as there are so many using forged documents.

The feds prosecute employers who don't use due diligence in hiring foreigners.
  • mike 2012/06/22 07:45:22
    Disgusting
    mike
    +4
    Just another example of how Americans are pushed to the back of the hireing line. Its bad enough when skank U.S. employers do that because they want to exploit quasi slave illegal employee's. But when the govt. we pay for forces discrimination against its own citizens then yes, that is disgusting!
  • redhorse29 2012/06/22 06:50:32
    Disgusting
    redhorse29
    +7
    DOJ is a buying votes for Lord Barry. If Americans will not vote for him they he will get the dead and illegals to vote for him.
    Disgusting
    +14
    Excuse me?
    an EMPLOYER .. is being sued for ..
    (oh, my .. )

• ProudPr... sglmom 2012/06/22 15:29:02
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    I think you missed the point (understandable since the poster naturally lied about it). The suit has nothing to do with illegal aliens. The suit accuses the farm of discriminating against LEGAL non-citizens, people who ALREADY provided all of the necessary documentation to prove their legal status, but who were then discriminated against anyway. It is against the law to discriminate between US citizens and legal non-citizens in employment. That's what the farm is accused of doing.
  • sglmom ProudPr... 2012/06/22 16:06:51
    +5
    I believe you are missing the point here ..
    (but then again ... I've seen the postings trying to defend the illegal excesses of this administration)
    checking documentation .. making sure that they are truly LEGAL ..
    (not handing in fraudulent documents .. not employing those who STOLE Identities)
    IS a good thing .. (gives Citizens the ability to actually compete for JOBS .. )
    and it is also good to be a responsible employer and employ CITIZENS and LEGAL residents too ... (those who have valid, legal .. and .. oh, my .. NOT fraudulent documentation)
    time is long past to do this ..
    we've got enough fraud and criminal activity going on ..
    it is refreshing to see an employer concerned ...
    and time to hold DoJ responsible for their deliberate targeting of others .. for irresponsible intimidation, threats, prosecution ..
  • Peewee ... sglmom 2012/06/22 16:09:02
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +4
    They like to target small businesses, because they don't have the resources to fight back.
  • sglmom Peewee ... 2012/06/22 16:28:32
    +4
    That is why they are targeted ..
    and curiously enough .. notice how the targets also seem to be those who have not 'coughed up' the requisite Bribe (oops .. payments .. oops .. campaign fees) to the sitting 'body politic' either ..
    It is very disturbing that the CHECKS .. are not made ..
    to balance out the Excesses of Power that are happening ..
    and to reign in this madness earlier ...
  • Peewee ... sglmom 2012/06/22 22:36:44
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +3
    That;s OK, we can start cleaning house in Jan.
  • ProudPr... sglmom 2012/06/22 16:39:29
    ProudProgressive
    So you're saying that even though these legal non-citizens provided all the documentation that the law requires, it's ok for a prospective employer to burden them with unnecessary additional requirements? If that's the case, then why aren't they making the same requirements for people who claim to be citizens? If someone can have a phony green card they can just as easily have a phony passport or birth certificate. Yet the "citizens" (aka white folks) don't get the same treatment as the legal non-citizens (aka hispanics) get. Whether you're right or wrong about "rampant fraud", there still seems to be no justification for wildly different standards for those who claim to be citizens versus those who claim to be legal non-citizens.

The employer here doesn't seem to be "concerned" about the law, but rather simply "concerned" about finding a way to eliminate hispanic job applicants without posting a "Whites Only" sign on the door.
  • sglmom ProudPr... 2012/06/22 20:34:47
    +9
    Oh, dearie me ..
    exposing one's inner core of PRE-JUDGING .. hate?
    (tsk, tsk .. in such an overt way too .. I find it .. curious indeed .. how HATE-Filled this reply is against one particular group based on the 'surface' looks .. but then again .. I'm sure you are sighted and can easily figure out by 'looks' .. whom to direct that core of HATE against?)

seems to me ..
    that being concerned about Citizens ..
    Legal Residents ..
    and checking those documents carefully before HIRING ..
    is actually a GOOD thing ..

(Time to retire already that HATE .. the 'card' .. there's absolutely nothing wrong here about ensuring that the documentation of one's application for employment be correct, honest .. and (OH, my) .. complying with the law .. is a good business practice).
  • PoliticallyIncorrect 2012/06/22 05:50:42
    Disgusting
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +11
    The DOJ and the Obama regime protect everyone but the Americans they swore an oath to protect.
  • Wolfman 2012/06/22 05:46:37
    It's George Bush's Fault
    Wolfman
    +3
    Definitely Bush's fault.
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/22 05:43:09
    Disgusting
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +7
    Pathetic at best.
  • Walt 2012/06/22 05:38:44
    Disgusting
    Walt
    +13
    The 0bama administration is anti-American, pro-everyone else. The lawsuits they've brought against various states and companies reveals exactly what they're all about.
  • Peewee ... Walt 2012/06/22 15:16:11
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +1
    It;s as simple as following the money.
  • exhon2009 2012/06/22 04:36:22
    Disgusting
    exhon2009
    +9
    My wife used to run a legitimate subcontracting business in LA and required strict adherence to the Form I9 requirements. ICE threatened to fine her because it turned out some of the SS cards and Driver's licenses were bogus. She told them to go $hit in their hats. So you're kind of screwed. Accept the usual docs that are available for pennies on the black market and get government heat or try to ferret out illegals and get government heat.
  • susan exhon2009 2012/06/22 10:50:00
    susan
    +2
    How true. Contracting and farm workers have to deal with multiple illegals and falsified documents on a regulat basis. Most of us who operate such small businesses have to employ and train at least one person to do nothing but comply with the DOL rules on workers, but now the DOJ will get you from the other side.
    The Obama government is waging a war on small business from every side. No big money donations from the little guys. Besides, they are easier to beat; hit them with a few fines and threats of lawsuits and they crumble. End of business, end of small business jobs, and, ultimately, more home foreclosures.
  • Peewee ... susan 2012/06/22 15:17:03
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +2
    I couldn't have said it better....many raves.
  • ProudPr... exhon2009 2012/06/22 15:43:57
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    So if she received valid proof that an employee was in the country legally and then decided to discriminate against that employee anyway you'd be ok with that? That's what happened in this case (allegedly). People who had already complied with the regulations and already produced the necessary documentation were (allegedly) discriminated against.
  • exhon2009 ProudPr... 2012/06/22 21:19:25
    exhon2009
    +2
    I can see that reading comprehension is not your strong suit. My wife is not a documents expert. Some of the documents she was presented with turned out to be fraudulent and the government threatened her with fines for permitting illegals to work in her shop. If she would have asked for additional proof she might have run afoul of the DOJ for discrimination. What part of that did you have a problem with?
  • ProudPr... exhon2009 2012/06/22 21:23:32
    ProudProgressive
    If the documents she was presented with were forgeries she would not be held responsible unless she knew they were forgeries (which I assume was not the case). And since she apparently told the ICE agents to f*ck off and she hasn't been hauled off to jail she wasn't.

Also, if she required additional documentation from ALL of her employees that wouldn't be discriminatory. But if she only required additional documentation of one class of employee (legal aliens) and not another (citizens), such as what this farm allegedly did, that would be discriminatory.

I read just fine, thank you. I also think. I hope you can do the same.
  • exhon2009 ProudPr... 2012/06/22 21:49:25
    exhon2009
    +1
    I took offense to you accusing me of being okay with my wife discriminating. She did not discriminate and you could not have gotten that out of anything I wrote.

I'm not sure you are correct in your middle paragraph. On the I9 form there are three columns A, B and C. Federal law requires you to collect proof that the potential employee is eligible to work in the US by verifying ONE identification from column A, (US Passport is a common example), OR one identification from EACH of columns B and C. The most common is a valid drivers license AND a social security card. I believe you may run afoul of federal law if you require identification outside of that list even if you apply that requirement consistently for all potential hires. Also you cannot tell any potential employee which of the ID's they must produce.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/06/22 04:24:11
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +3
    Not undecided about how dumb this is, but undecided about the lawsuit because, if there's a law about documentation, there's a law.

There should NOT be such a law imo -- how the hell did it get there?!
  • Politic... jubil8 ... 2012/06/22 05:49:35
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +6
    Obama has told Homeland Security to ignore the law about 800.000 illegal youth up to age 32.
  • jubil8 ... Politic... 2012/06/22 11:57:18
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    I know. Are you implying he'll tell DOJ to ignore THIS law? Or merely that he's 2-faced and untrustworthy lol?
  • Peewee ... jubil8 ... 2012/06/22 15:17:32
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +3
    Yes and Yes
  • jubil8 ... Peewee ... 2012/06/24 01:12:40
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    You really think he'll tell Holder to drop this lawsuit?
  • Peewee ... jubil8 ... 2012/06/24 01:14:40
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +2
    Not a chance.
  • Politic... jubil8 ... 2012/06/22 15:50:33
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +2
    If he can garner votes by breaking the law, Obama is desperate enough to do it. That's what the Homeland Security thing is all about. If he gave a rat's patootie about those Hispanic youth, he'd have done it the right way during the first two years of his presidency when he owned both houses of Congress. In just September he whined that he didn't have the power to do what he's done. I am not implying, I am saying outright that he will order the DOJ to ignore any law that doesn't suit his aspirations to a second term. He has more than 2 faces, he's a liar and a cheat. Yeah, he's untrustworthy alright. LOL
  • ProudPr... Politic... 2012/06/22 15:49:26
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    The President is not ignoring the law, he is merely setting reasonable priorities for limited resources. He believes, as does anyone with a functioning brain cell, that since we can't practically speaking go after EVERY illegal alien in this country, it makes more sense to go after those who are a danger to our society, criminals and the like, then to go after innocent children who have never done anything wrong. And thank God he did. It's about time this country showed that it once again had a conscience and that humanitarianism is more important than bigotry.

I bet you were JUST as outraged when Ronald Reagan decided to ignore the Sherman Antitrust Act, right? And I didn't notice you complaining
  • Politic... ProudPr... 2012/06/22 16:23:46
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    Oh, so a murderer can set reasonable priorities for his limited number of bullets. He is telling Homeland Security to ignore the law and your rationalization is just that. You're looking for excuses to excuse your saint from breaking the law. Is he's spit on the Constitution enough to make you happy? If you had a functioning brain you just might wonder why Obama didn't do something MORE meaningful for the Hispanic children when he had both houses of Congress in his pocket. Why did he say in September he didn't have the power to do this? Perhaps because he doesn't. Spit on the Constitution again and again, and you people eat it with a spoon.

Tell me that your last sentence was supposed to be funny. You can't be THAT stupid.
  • ProudPr... Politic... 2012/06/22 16:41:17
    ProudProgressive
    The President has not violated the Constitution, and the President has not violated any law. At least TRY to get a clue.

The President NEVER said he does not have the power to do this, since he clearly does. Why is it that you folks never bother to actually THINK?
  • Politic... ProudPr... 2012/06/22 21:51:02
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    You are beyond reasoning. He is breaking a law regarding illegal aliens with his 800,000 young folks (up to 32). He's telling Homeland Security to ignore the law. Well, duh

Go to YouTube and LISTEN to him saying it, but just in case you're deaf maybe you can read his lips. Why is it that you stupidly blunder into saying things that are blatant lies?

Your thought processes are indicative of why this country is losing credibility, esteem, and influence.
  • ProudPr... jubil8 ... 2012/06/22 15:46:51
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    There is a law requiring employers to verify the legal status of noncitizens they are or are considering employing. That has nothing to do with this lawsuit. The farm is alleged to have discriminated against LEGAL non-citizens who had ALREADY complied with all of the DOL and ICE requirements. It is illegal to discriminate in employment between citizens and legal non-citizens, and that is what this farm is accused of doing.

You have to understand that the Right Wing will lie and distort every story they can to try to attack the President.
  • jubil8 ... ProudPr... 2012/06/24 01:15:28
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Ok, tx, that's different of course.
  • gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/06/22 04:17:46
    Disgusting
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +11
    That's just wackiness. I'm speechless.
  • jubil8 ... gldynmd... 2012/06/22 11:57:40
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    It does kind of take your breath away, doesn't it.
  • gldynmd... jubil8 ... 2012/06/22 18:17:18
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +3
    We should check documents constantly and arrest all illegal's, then deport them. No more free handouts to these law breakers. Our citizens deserve those jobs not them!!!

2014/11/23 03:46:33