Does Tucson Ethnic Studies Program Promote Resentment of White People?

Though a recent audit by Cambium Learning Group has praised Tucson's ethnic studies program, Fox reports that critics are still hailing the program as illegal and resentful of white people.

Here's an example of some of the controversial material:

We will now see the real forces behind this so-called 'manifest destiny.' We will see how half of Mexico was ripped off by trickery and violence ... In the process of being colonized, we were robbed of land and other resources. We were murdered and lynched.

Advocates for the program claim that all ethnicities are addressed respectfully, and that it does not promote resentment toward any ethnic group.

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/17/tucsons-rejec...

• johnnie.prewett 2011/06/18 01:32:58
    johnnie.prewett
    +14
    Since the mid sixties, led by self hating White liberals, anti White bigots have working overtime in academia, government, MSM and entertainment .

• cellophane 2011/06/18 04:20:34
    cellophane
    +1
    How the hell do I know if it promotes resentment of white people? There was no third option, so I had to rule in favor of the defendant due to lack of evidence.

The question is not about whether it promotes resentment. The question is whether the text accurately portrays the events as they happened. If there is reason for resentment, then let the chips fall where they may.

I grew up in the United States. I got the official version of U.S. history. I don't know how watered down my version was. But I believe that keeping up with current events is so critical right now, I really don't care much about what happened with Mexico 150 years ago!
  • TommyB 2011/06/18 03:31:05
    TommyB
    +8
    I have Indian, German, Hispanic, and Irish blood coursing through my veins and I consider the program contents to be racist and anti-American. We would all be better off if we could do away hyphenated Americans, make English our national language, and get rid of courses like this that undermine our national unity. Of course it promotes resentment, resentment of damn'd near everything this country is.
  • Joey TommyB 2011/06/18 05:17:06
    Joey
    +3
    Yeah lets rewrite history so we will not have to talk about the bad parts. Guess what next week we are going to write out slavery, than after that write out the women's suffrage movement, they could always vote .
  • JAA Joey 2011/06/18 07:40:13 (edited)
    JAA
    +3
    Get over it. You live in a free country, and if it weren't for slaves being brought to America, no matter how horrible it was, most blacks would still be living in Africa where slavery, rape, genocide, pillage and starvation continue to occur daily. Why keep cursing and spitting on God every day. Bitterness and hatred will keep blacks down, much more than slavery ever did.
  • rena JAA 2011/06/18 13:53:21
    rena
    +1
    That is very true. If they weren't brought here they would have been in Africa.

Then the other thing I don't understand. How blacks are commonly referred to as African-Americans. Why? Most of them have never been to Africa. Does that mean that they hold their allegiance to Africa first and secondly to America? I bet their are a few who can't even name a few of the countries in Africa.
  • Joey rena 2011/06/18 17:33:56
    Joey
    What do you call someone from with an East Asian back ground ? What do you call someone from who's people were from India ? Do you call them Yellow and black respectively? How come people can call themselves Irish Greek or Italian with out issues .
  • Joey JAA 2011/06/18 17:30:55 (edited)
    Joey
    I should be thankful for Slavery LOL good god . Do you tell Jewish people they should be happy about the Holocaust? Also you proved my point. Before I cited all these white people who would tell black people to get over it. While complaining about this.
  • TommyB Joey 2011/06/18 13:31:55
    TommyB
    No need to rewrite history. Virtually every race and ethnicity has suffered enslavement. Virtually every race and ethnicity has enslaved others. Women still don't have the vote and are treated like chattel in many parts of the world. Many believe there are more slaves today than at any time in history. We're talking about pulling this country together and surviving as Americans. The last thing we need is to keep stoking the fires of racism and ancient hatreds. No one knows who the first were to settle this land. Archaeologists and paleontologists keep moving the markers further and further back as to who was here first anyway. How far back do we go to establish ownership? The courses are damaging and should be scrapped.
  • Joey TommyB 2011/06/18 17:35:52
    Joey
    How in the word are they damaging? Because they don't paint the white people as loving heroes. Hell people today don't know that as many black people died in the middle passage alone as Jewish people in the Holocaust .
  • TommyB Joey 2011/06/18 20:08:31
    TommyB
    Whether the courses are damaging is opinion and we've both stated ours. As to numbers dying in the middle passage and those dying in the Holocaust, that's history. Best estimates of Africans dying in the middle passage range between one and a half to two million souls. The German genocide machine exterminated approximately six million Jews and millions of others that the Nazis felt undesirable. They exterminated somewhere 13 and 17 million people during their insane reign of terror. As some wag once said; We're entitled to our own opinions but not our own facts. Slavery can not be defended but Whites have not been the only enslavers as we all bear the stain of guilt. Additionally, most of the slaves making the middle passage were bound for South America and the Caribbean, not the United States.
  • Joey TommyB 2011/06/18 21:21:58
    Joey
    You are low balling the estimates of the number of people who died in the middle passage .

Nowhere in the annals of history has a people experienced such a long and traumatic ordeal as Africans during the Atlantic slave trade. Over the nearly four centuries of the slave - which continued until the end of the Civil War - millions of African men, women, and children were savagely torn from their homeland, herded onto ships, and dispersed all over the so-called New World. Although there is no way to compute exactly how many people perished, it has been estimated that between thirty and sixty million Africans were subjected to this horrendous triangular trade system and that only one third-if that-of those people survived...'--DR. JOHN HENRICK CLARKE
  • rena TommyB 2011/06/18 13:49:59
    rena
    +1
    Yes I agree. But for the past 50 or so years progressives have rewritten history and other books in order to advance their agenda. I believe that if you come to America then you must assimilate to our culture instead of what the liberals making us to assimiliate to the immigrants. English should be declared the Official language of our country.

Bilingual jobs should be outlawed immediately. I think it is ridiculous that many jobs require applicants to be english/spanish in order to qualify for the job. It is a form of discrimnation.

If people do not like what we have here then leave and go to some other country, if you can.
  • TommyB rena 2011/06/18 14:54:58
    TommyB
    I couldn't agree more.
  • Jonah Carlson 2011/06/18 03:29:53 (edited)
  • Rick 2011/06/18 03:13:54
    Rick
    +5
    White people Rock
    white people rock Gladiator movie
  • A. Tree Rick 2011/06/18 05:12:52 (edited)
    A. Tree
    +1
    COMMENT REMOVED
  • Rick A. Tree 2011/06/18 14:48:21
    Rick
    +1
    I'm part Cherokee. But I don't hate white people at all. They are just human like everyone else. I don't care what other people are saying about white people.
  • Red Branch 2011/06/18 03:04:40
    Red Branch
    +4
    Anti-Roman Catholic was the driving force behind much of what happened.
  • patriot 2011/06/18 02:45:31
    patriot
    +4
    As well as the overthrow of our government. WRONG it is wrong and traitorous.
  • A. Tree 2011/06/18 02:43:36 (edited)
    A. Tree
    +2
    COMMENT REMOVED
  • LisaSmith A. Tree 2011/06/18 03:42:23 (edited)
    LisaSmith
    +5
    Other people ignore their ugly and shameful present.
    people ignore shameful white pride The more you attack us for being white, the prouder I am of it. people ignore shameful attack white prouder white pride
  • A. Tree LisaSmith 2011/06/18 04:50:03 (edited)
    A. Tree
    COMMENT REMOVED
  • LisaSmith A. Tree 2011/06/18 05:02:58
    LisaSmith
    +4
    You sound like a racist.
  • suecoop LisaSmith 2011/06/18 06:03:41
    suecoop
    +3
    That was sure my thought. Good thing it's in Guam and really doesn't have a dog in the hunt. Don't give in to the ignorance and fight with it.
  • LisaSmith suecoop 2011/06/18 06:28:19
    LisaSmith
    +2
    I won't. I have no interest in getting any of their slime on me.
  • william A. Tree 2011/06/18 04:00:19 (edited)
    william
    +5
    what would mexicans do with more land . their country is a toilet bowl. and they are all over here. sucking a living off the whites. and that is about to change, i see a huge tax revolt on the horizon. bowl sucking living whites change huge tax revolt horizon tax revolt
  • Joey william 2011/06/18 05:19:01 (edited)
    Joey
    +1
    We have the lowest taxes of almost any developed nation.
  • JAA Joey 2011/06/18 07:46:56
    JAA
    +2
    We're about to turn into a Third World country. Get ready.
  • tea for... Joey 2011/06/18 10:09:53
    tea for you
    +1
    the conservatives scream were broke then demand a tax break ,dumber than a bag of hammers
  • Joey tea for... 2011/06/18 17:37:06
    Joey
    Yep
  • JAA A. Tree 2011/06/18 07:45:02
    JAA
    +3
    My ancestors did not have an "ugly and shameful history", and I will never, ever apologize for being born white. None of us have any choice in the matter of our race, so it is only hatred and bigotry that leads people like you to "blame" others for your personal challenges.
  • Joey JAA 2011/06/18 17:38:40
    Joey
    You don't think this is shameful

• texasred A. Tree 2011/06/18 12:46:20
    texasred
    +1
    Well, sweetie, that's what you get for thinking.
  • shenendoah 2011/06/18 02:42:24
    shenendoah
    +5
    This sort of thing promotes resentment towards illegals so it's a double edged sword. If Mexico had the territory back they accuse the U.S. of stealing it would just make mexico a larger cess pool of corruption. America has benefitted mexico to the point that without us they could not survive. Hell, we even keep their drug dealers fat, thanks to American addicts. Makes you proud, doesn't it? They say they were robbed of land and other resources, how is that so different than sneaking into a country, trashing the land and stealing it's resources in the form of free schooling, welfare, medical care, etc. plus our land owners are being robbed and murdered. Maybe there should be a white ethnic study with illegal aliens as a subject. Works for me.
  • A. Tree shenendoah 2011/06/18 02:49:59
    A. Tree
    Think of the free schooling, etc., as compensation, albeit insufficient. You forgot to mention the bit about Americans sending guns to Mexico to ensure that the cesspool of corruption doesn't change.
  • shenendoah A. Tree 2011/06/18 03:05:18
    shenendoah
    +4
    Oh, didn't I mention our own cesspool of corruption...... obama's gang of idiots and the liberal freaks that support him.
  • JAA A. Tree 2011/06/18 07:48:17
    JAA
    +1
    Those were politicians, and they're a whole 'nuther topic.
  • ernest debrew 2011/06/18 02:30:21
    ernest debrew
    I do not know.

Whate-- whate-- whatever
  • Moejj 2011/06/18 02:16:54
    Moejj
    +3
    but ya' know that's ok, it's not racist or anything, because it slams whitey.
  • ernest ... Moejj 2011/06/18 02:31:32

2014/12/22 03:11:09