Does this lay to rest any concerns about President Obama's religious preference? Or what is your view of this video?

DiViews2014 2010/09/29 21:27:03
Yes, this gives more confidence that he is a Christian.
1 vote
11%
He did not out right say he was a Christian.
0 votes
0%
I am sure he is Muslim.
3 votes
33%
I have no opinion.
0 votes
0%
5 votes
56%

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/obama-im-chri...

Question Closed

• tncdel 2010/11/09 22:28:27
    tncdel
    +2
    To be objective, and not go by others' say-so, I must admit that I truly DON'T KNOW. The question doesn't ask if Obama is a Christian or a Muslim. It asks what his PREFERENCE is. For all I know he could be an atheist who PREFERS Muslims, even though he himself is not one. Or he could PREFER Christians, though I doubt it.

What is quite clear is that he is NOT a Christian or a Muslim. At least not a true Christian or true Muslim. For he advocates the murder of innocent unborn babies ... something no true Christian or true Muslim can do.
  • DiViews... tncdel 2010/11/09 23:00:28 (edited)
    DiViews2014
    I appreciated your objectivity and your commenting.
    At the time, I posted this question, I was listening to a lot of rhetoric and hyperbole. He confesses to be a Christian and I am going to accept him in that respect. I confess Jesus as my Lord and Savior and I have decided to leave this issue in the hands of God. I know that I might make a mistake in my judgments, but I know God knows all. I thought on the parable of the wheat and the tares mentioned in Matthew. I respect the right of others to worship as they see fit. I am held with but one to account.
  • antiteaparty 2010/10/30 01:15:58
    antiteaparty
    +1
    I already knew he was a Christian and it wouldn't matter to me anyway.
  • DiViews... antitea... 2010/10/30 01:31:39
    DiViews2014
    +1
    Of course, you are right.
  • tncdel antitea... 2010/11/09 22:30:36
    tncdel
    +1
    Of course you are WRONG. No true Christian advocates the murder of innocent unborn babies. Also, no true Christian believes as Rev. Wright does, Obama's mentor.
  • DiViews... tncdel 2010/11/09 23:04:51
    DiViews2014
    I will not presume to have the wisdom of God. I do not have time to go into my what I have said in previous post about Wright, but he is not right.
  • antitea... tncdel 2010/11/09 23:13:33
    antiteaparty
    +1
    No true Christians wouldn't kill innocent children... just ones without the mark!

Kill Men, Women, and Children

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT

As for Reverend Wright... are you talking about his beliefs that are the same as Glen Beck's about America's policy's causing 9/11?
  • Veronica 2010/10/29 22:34:48
    Veronica
    +2
    I do not care what President Obama's religious views are, I think that he is doing a fantastic job and I hope to see him re-elected. I do not choose people based on their personal faith, belief or lack thereof. I vote based on the quality of their work ONLY. President Obama professes Christianity and that is good enough for me to accept, but I would not change my support of him one bit if he were Bhuddist, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Wiccan, Agnostic, or Atheist. The role of the leader of the nation is all about balance of both money and power. Let's let him focus on that already big enough job without adding in additional requirements?
  • DiViews... Veronica 2010/10/29 22:56:39
    DiViews2014
    Great answer.
  • tncdel Veronica 2010/11/09 22:32:45
    tncdel
    +1
    So tell me, Veronica, why do you enjoy paying more taxes and want more illegal aliens to come here, as they will definitely do if we don't stop Obama from giving them amnesty and everything else [even a Dream Act to go to college for Chrissakes!]?
  • Veronica tncdel 2010/11/09 23:32:30 (edited)
    Veronica
    +1
    First of all, as I make less than $250,000 per year my taxes would not go up under any Democratic plan!

Second of all, the Democratic plan for immigration allows a pathway to citizenship which we desperately NEED. WHY?

Population lesson:
    When Social Security started there were 5 working age adult Americans per retiree. Today there are 3 working age Americans per retiree and in a few years there will only be 2. Without legalized immigration we are headed for fiscal crisis exactly like what crippled Japan.

Under the Republican plan: we would spend money to block ANY immigration! WHY? Hispanics tend to vote Democrat.
    Under the Democratic plan: we would regulate and control who is allowed into the US and who is not.

Immigration is not something to fear, it is something to take control of. Republican policy of completely blocking ANY will just create a huge loss of revenue and increase in crime.
    Prohibition has NEVER worked before and it will not start now.
    Here we can see the Republican "magic fence" at work:

• Ms M 2010/10/01 06:11:59 (edited)
    I am sure he is Muslim.
    Ms M
    +1
    I believe Pres.Obama put on an excellent show! Such carefully choosen words! I'm sure he managed to fool some people again. Not me.
  • DiViews... Ms M 2010/10/07 20:20:45 (edited)
    DiViews2014
    moot
  • Ms M DiViews... 2010/10/08 04:30:23 (edited)
    Ms M
    +1
    I will find for you the name of the Muslim "right" to lie to non-Muslims. It is in their "dogma".
    I find it to be congenial of you to site Peter's denial as an example of a lie...but I find the comparison incomprehensible since Peter was not given permission by Our Lord to do so.
    (Peter's lie was denial out of fear.) On the contrary, lying and deception is advocated by Islam. As a Christian, I understand your need to try to understand people of other faiths. Christians believe in a good in human nature.
    However, I have come to understand Islam as the deceptive Evil that it is. I believe God is love and all that is Good. I cannot accept a cruel, hateful, destructive being as my God. I will not appease such a being since I see it as a misery-loving, ugliness..instructing its following to deceive and murder all others who are not Muslim and to mulitlate women and molest children. This is NOT my God.
    If you are still snowed into believing Islam is not what I have just described..please do the research. I am not here to argue with you.
    You mentioned George Bush...I trully doubt George did the research himself..or maybe he was in denial himself. I don't know what his problem was...and I really don't care anymore at this point. I am angry he actually came out and said "Islam is ...&
  • Ms M Ms M 2010/10/08 05:14:34 (edited)
    Ms M
    +1
    Also, I am unable to edit the comment (above)...but I mistakingly omitted that although Rev. Wright claimed his church was "Christian"...his "liberation theology" teachings do not constitute as being such. You can call a pig a rose..but its still just a pig! You can call your "church" whatever you'd like...anyone has the freedom to do so in America...but by naming it such does not make it so.
  • DiViews... Ms M 2010/10/08 16:54:44 (edited)
    DiViews2014
    moot
  • Ms M DiViews... 2010/10/08 17:28:03
    Ms M
    +1
    I noticed a large portion of my orginal reponse to you has been omitted. Yes, there was more...but for some reason it is not there now. Geo. Bush hasn't anything to do with this dissagreement...but yet you insist on shoving him in it. Are you assuming I am a pro-Bush person?
    I doubt if I make the effort to rewrite what is missing..that you would be repectful of my response, since you've made the comment of " lets return to our mutual corners and deem this match timed out." I am not arguing with you, just stating my point from a different perspective than yours. Its no fighting "match".
    I don't see Obama as a victim of Rev Wright since Wright was his mention by choice. Any student/mention relationship envolves hrs with each other. Pres. Obama knew him for 20 yrs. Obama is not stupid! He knew Wright 's prior Muslim affiliation and heard Wright's anti-America rhetoric. As "liberation theory" would always have the "oppressed" vs the "oppressor"..and of course America was always getting the short end of the stick.... AS in "the chickens came home to roost" sermon.
    When all of this was exposed...pres. Obama dropped rev. Wright like a hot lava rock. His teachings were potentional damaging to his pre-election & career...and Obama betrayed him. Obama claimed he never heard any of those "things"! What an obvious lie!
    I believe Obama's true " career calling" was to be an actor. He is so good at it.
  • DiViews... Ms M 2010/10/08 18:43:22 (edited)
    DiViews2014
    moot
  • tncdel DiViews... 2010/11/09 22:42:08
    tncdel
    You certainly must like Ms. M's comments a lot. Yes, I must give her credit, and I can well understand why you've become such a fan of hers.
  • DiViews... Ms M 2010/10/29 23:02:40 (edited)
    DiViews2014
    moot
  • Ms M DiViews... 2010/11/07 16:40:41
    Ms M
    +1
    I wasted enough time being congenial with you regarding the hypocritical liar-in chief and you were all over me like ugly on ape! Its hard to believe you were once a "soldier" since you are furious that someone might actually tell you something. Keep your bitterness. Quite frankly...I really don't give a d@nm if you pray or to whom you "pray" to...go "love" everybody in your "mutual corner"...just a figure of speech. lol!
  • DiViews... Ms M 2010/11/07 21:32:26 (edited)
    DiViews2014
    Bushels of returns and all in the same like manner in which you extended. I do not deal with idiots and disrespectful ill manner, half-raised smart hindies on a regular basis. Our exchange has been less than pleasant at its very best. You came to my question acting foolishly. You walked in on your own, but I am kicking your effigial hind end out by way of the "BLOCK".
    I will still pray for ALL including your CLUELESS behind. Di Out!
  • tncdel DiViews... 2010/11/09 22:44:22
    tncdel
    Wow! I'm dumbfounded at how quickly you turned around on Ms. M like that. Why? You seemed to be getting along so well up till just now.
  • tncdel DiViews... 2010/11/09 22:43:01
    tncdel
    I don't mean to rain on your parade to dampen your enthusiasm for Ms. M's comments, but don't you think you're overdoing it a bit?
  • tncdel DiViews... 2010/11/09 22:40:37
    tncdel
    +1
    Like I said, I'm not hip enough to translate your slang usage of the word "moot." Please translate for me.
  • DiViews... tncdel 2010/11/10 01:25:17
    DiViews2014
    I am no longer responding to you on this post read my first and understand it is my last post to you on this matter. Take any meanings you wish. I am not seeking approval from you or your friends.
  • Veronica Ms M 2010/10/29 22:42:12
    Veronica
    +1
    You seem to dislike Muslims. Are you aware the Saudi Prince Alwleed Bin Talal owns the second largest stake in Fox and gave George Bush a Half Million (which George W Bush accepted).

The reason why that is so incredible is that Fox commentators Hannity and Beck as well as Rudy Giuliani all stated that Alwaleed is a dangerous man who funds terror and they stated that Alwaleed was the funding behind 9-11. Yet Fox and GW Bush accept money from this man? Who better knows if the owner of Fox news funds terror than Fox employees?

So far I have no reason to mistrust President Obama. But Fox provided proof that Bush personally benefitted from 9-11. Nothing that President Obama has done is even as remotely reprehensible as what GW Bush did. The real amazing thing is that so many are aware of the blatant, flagrant collusion and no one is doing anything about it.
  • Ms M Veronica 2010/11/07 16:52:07
    Ms M
    And? So PrinceAl...al" may or maynot have a stake in Fox? So what? Why would that impress me? I sure his business adventure is doing well. Again? why are you bothering me about Pres. Bush?
    Since you " .. have no reason to mistrust President Obama." ..I really have nothing to say to you since your head is so far deep in the ground.
  • Veronica Ms M 2010/11/07 17:40:19
    Veronica
    +1
    Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal DEFINITELY is the second largest owner of Fox News Corp. and GW Bush accepted a half million from him. Rupert Murdoch is financially in bed with Alwaleed (Both directions). AND Bin Talal himself blamed the US for 9-11:
    http://www.dailyfinance.com/s...

Beck blamed Alwaleed DIRECTLY for 9-11
  • tncdel Veronica 2010/11/09 22:56:51
    tncdel
    +1
    So what does that mean? I'm non-partisan, registered as an Independent. And I don't watch TV. Never in my entire life have I ever watched FOX news.
    So why would I care who owns FOX, or what Bush did. I consider Bush to have been a lousy president. Although he was not nearly as bad as Obama has been. For Obama QUADRUPLED the National Debt and unemployment. Plus he is even more pro-illegals than was Bush. And he's lined up for us to be hit with three waves of taxation starting next year that will dwarf anything in history.
  • Veronica tncdel 2010/11/10 00:02:28 (edited)
    Veronica
    +1
    Wrong wrong wrong.

Whose rectum did you pull those fantasies out of?

Democrats only raise taxes on those making over $250,000.

Democrats are NOT pro-illegal, they are for LEGAL CONTROLLED immigration where we can choose who we want and prevent who we dont. Republicans oppose ANY immigration because Hispanics tend to vote DEMOCRAT. Does prohibition work? Lets look at the Republican plan: (Magic fence)

The debt when Bush left office was 10.5 Trillion. Today it is just under 14 trillion. But Bush left 2 wars raging (that we are still paying on, the expenses did not end with Bush). Bush also left a recession and stimulus not yet paid off.
    Source:
    http://www.treasurydirect.gov...

Unemployment:
    During the last half of 2008 we were shedding 700,000 jobs per month.
    Feb 2009 Obama's first month we lost 800,000 jobs, and another 600,000 each of the next two months before the unemployment rate FLATTENED out.
    Since then we have remained flat with no long term gain or loss.
    Republicans = job loss, Democrats = no job loss
    Source:
    http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servl...

In addition: the stock market on the day that Obama took office:
    bush: DJIA 7,515 today it is 11,347. The S&P; ala Bush: 720 today it is 12159.
    Republicans = low stocks, Democrats = high stocks
    http://ww...

&

Wrong wrong wrong.

Source:
    http://www.treasurydirect.gov...

Unemployment:
    Source:
    http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servl...

http://www.marketwatch.com/in...
    http://www.marketwatch.com/in...

In case you did not know, higher stock price is good for America. DJIA is all of the US stocks. S&P; only the biggest 500. Higher numbers are better. Obama turned the Bush collapse around and got us on the road to recovery.

So before you try selling your snake oil fantasies here, perhaps you should be sure that you are selling them to idiots, (Democrats are people who are paying attention), it is Republicans who still believe in the "trickle down" fairy tale.

fantasies selling idiots democrats people paying attention republicans trickle fairy
  • tncdel Veronica 2010/11/09 22:51:45
    tncdel
    +1
    Are YOU a Muslim? If so, then I can understand why you resent those who dislike an ideology that commands ALL [not some or a few] of its followers to kill, oppress and annihilate all "infidels" [all non-Muslims].

But if you're NOT a Muslim, then only a crazy person or a complete idiot would still like someone who believes they should kill you, don't you think? In case it was just a matter that you were naive about Islam, then please carefully watch and listen to this educational video explaining Islam:

If after watching that video you still insist that you like Muslims, then we are left no other option than to presume you are either a complete idiot, or a crazy person. For only a crazy person with suicidal tendencies would be friendly towards those out to kill you. In which case I must strongly suggest you seek professional help.
  • Veronica tncdel 2010/11/10 00:09:32
    Veronica
    +1
    Did you not read ANYTHING up there? Or did you not comprehend it?

Fox News Corp is 7% OWNED by a Saudi Prince (Alwaleed) who Beck and Hannity both said financed 9-11.
    The SAME Saudi (Alwaleed) donated a half million to George Bush.
    The SAME Saudi (Alwaleed) tried to give a half million to Rudy Guiliani.
    The SAME Saudi (Alwaleed) is nephew to Saudi KING.
    Fox News Corp owns stock in companies owned by the SAME Saudi (Alwaleed).

ARE YOU BLIND OR STUPID?
    The Republicans are in bed with the Saudis who financed and planned 9-11.
    It is right there on Fox Freekin News.
    I am a DEMOCRAT. So ask yourself what side YOU are on?
  • tncdel Ms M 2010/11/09 22:36:33
    tncdel
    +1
    It's called "taqiyyah." See this educational video:
  • tncdel DiViews... 2010/11/09 22:39:00
    tncdel
    +1
    Are you using the word "moot" as some type of new slang meaning "right on!" or something similar? Sorry for not being as hip as you, but I agree with Ms. M too.
  • tncdel Ms M 2010/11/09 22:34:49
    tncdel
    +1
    Yes, when you have the best speech writers money can buy, THEY must be adept at carefully choosing THEIR words, don't you think?

P.S. Keep up the good work. :)
  • nightlight 2010/09/30 00:23:36
    I am sure he is Muslim.
    nightlight
    +2
    Muslims are allowed by their religion to lie about their religion to protect themselves from emotional or physical harm; this is what Obama was doing in this video.
  • DiViews... nightlight 2010/09/30 00:57:39
    DiViews2014
    +1
    Thanks for your input.
  • bags 2010/09/29 22:18:34
    bags
    +2
    20 years at the same Christian church, same Minister married him, baptized his girls. I'm not hot on his Pastor, but it's not for me to say...it's HIS pastor, not mine.

Thinking he's Muslim is absolutely foolish. All you have to do is look at him and know he is no Muslim. Where's his beard? Besides which, who gives a (*&^ what religion he is....really? What does it matter to you.
  • DiViews... bags 2010/09/29 22:49:44
    DiViews2014
    +1
    It was beginning to matter. Because, I do not understand his persistent desire to bring about peace in the Middle East. As a Christian, I would think he should understand that is not his calling and not an accomplishment he can obtain as is written in prophecy. However, you have given me something to think about more seriously. Jeremiah Wright is not what I would call a learned clergy and he is not teachable. Wright is a borderline psychotic with a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. And the Pastor of your church can deceive many and lead them astray and misinform them. This may have caused me to wonder about his religion. But, I know he is an American.... :)

2014/09/17 11:43:49