Does the “J” in “J Street” Stand for “Jihad”?
J Street, which pretends to be a pro-Israel lobbying group, describes the “Giving Voice to Your Values” conference in Washington D.C. (February 26-March 1) as a “bold vision of diversity and tolerance, compassion and justice.” But the “voices” that will be featured show, once again, that J Street, funded by George Soros (whose participation it tries to hide), and others involved in the boycott and divestment and sanction movement actually want to coerce Israel into capitulating to the demands of Hamas, Hezbollah, and other anti-Israel terror groups.
Among the Muslims who will help define J Street’s “bold vision” are the following:
- Amjad Atallah, legal advisor to PLO Chief Mahmud Abbas, propagandist and apologist for the Hamas, who falsely claims that the terror group actually accepts the existence of Israel.
- Nadia Bilbassy Charters, “journalist” for the pro-jihad Al-Arabiya news service who grew up in Gaza and considers Hamas to be an example of “good governance.”
- Mona Eltahawy – Arab anti-Israel blogger. See this. See her Israel-bashing quotes here.
- Suhail Khan, an Islamic radical, often proclaimed incorrectly as a moderate, who has consorted with and praised the Muslim Brotherhood. See this, this, and this.
- Imam Feisel Abdul Rauf, the radical pro-jihad Imam from the proposed Ground Zero Mosque. See sample statements of his here.
- Maen Rashid Areikat, PLO terrorist and its “representative” in Washington, DC. he has been jailed by Israel for terrorism and is a defender of anti-Semitic bigotry (see this).
- Dr. Izzeldin Abuelaish: his daughters were killed in crossfire from Gaza terrorists, who were using, among other things, RPGs and missiles against Israeli troops. See this. He sued Israel for returning fire at terrorists when his daughters were killed. He did not sue Hamas.
- Mustafa Barghouti, anti-Israel “activist,” arrested by Israel several times for involvement in terrorism, leader in the Boycott Israel movement.
Any illusion that J Street has included these speakers merely to give insight into “the other side” is dispelled by the roster of Jewish speakers scheduled to speak at “Giving Voice to Your Values.” All are leftists, and most are even more radically anti-Israel than the Islamists who will appear. Many are active in the malicious “BDS” (boycott, divestment, sanction) movement, designed to serve as an economic assault against Israel. Many others are anti-Israel students at US colleges. A few are pseudo-rabbis and members of unknown radical Jewish splinter groups. Speakers will include:
- Eric Alterman, obsessive Israel-basher whose diatribes run in “The Nation.”
- Michael Lerner, editor of Tikkun, a rigidly anti-Israel and increasingly pro-Hamas magazine, who demanded that Americans “feel the pain” of al-Qaeda after the 9-11 attacks.
- Naomi Chazan, president of the far-left “New Israel Fund,” which finances almost all the leftist groups in Israel that produce anti-Israel propaganda, especially the smears adopted by the UN’s “Goldstone Commission.”
- Michael Sfard, leftwing anti-Israel extremist lawyer who works for the “Association for Civil Rights in Israel,” a group that has trouble finding an Arab atrocity against Israel worthy of condemnation. ACRI is anti-democratic and refuses to defend freedom of speech for non-Leftists. Sfard may be best known for his quote: “I am ashamed as an Israeli.”
- Oded N’aman, head of the seditious “Breaking the Silence” group in Israel, which has been exposed for repeatedly inventing fictional “crimes” by Israel and Israeli soldiers that turn out never to have existed. The best expose of his groups is the NGO-Monitor Report entitled, “Breaking WHAT Silence.”
- Daniel Sokatch, long-time Israel critic and now CEO of the New Israel Fund. In the past, Sokatch has organized anti-Israel propaganda festivals in the Bay Area.
- Jessica Montell – executive director of the pro-terror anti-Israel propaganda lobby B’Tselem, famous for its one-sided anti-Israel reports and devious use of statistics to paint Israel as a demonic entity.
- Edina Lekovic – director of policy and programming for the Muslim Public Affairs Council, a pro-jihad pro-terror lobby group.
- David Chemla; Director, JCall France, a tiny leftist Bash-Israel lobby group in France.
- Bernard Avishai, an anti-Israel tenured extremist from Israel, who has dedicated his career to stripping Israel of its capital city.
The “values” that will be expressed in this conference will be anti-Israel—part of an obsessive organizational quest to undermine American Jewish support for the only democracy in the Middle East, and to decouple Israeli interests from America’s. By providing a platform for Islamists and their American and Israeli enablers who want to help push Israel into the sea, “Giving Voice to Your Values” shows once again why J Street is despised in Israel and regarded as part of the problem rather than part of the solution.
News & Politics