Does the GOP belong in the "dustbin of history"?

The Wrong Guy 2013/01/24 17:06:54

john boehner

Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) is tired of giving his funders pep talks, and he blames Obama for this. Obama, he tells his audience at a luncheon meeting of The Ripon Society yesterday, wants to “annihilate” the Republican Party, “shove us into the dustbin of history.”

Watch here:

Transcript from Ripon Society:

“And given what we heard yesterday about the President’s vision for his second term, it’s pretty clear to me that he knows he can’t do any of that as long as the House is controlled by Republicans. So we’re expecting over the next 22 months to be the focus of this Administration as they attempt to annihilate the Republican Party. And let me just tell you, I do believe that is their goal – to just shove us into the dustbin of history. I’ve been in these spots before. I remember November of ’06, January of ’07 — we’ve been through these periods before. And you know, our Members get down, our supporters get down.

Pat [Tiberi] got an email from a mutual friend: ‘I’m finished – done – I’m not doing this anymore. Don’t send me any more fundraising appeals. I’ve had it!’ Last night, I got a three-page text from my good friend Lou Holtz, who must have watched the Inaugural and then all that blabber on TV…: ‘I’m done, finished, the country’s over with — we’re not doing this again!’ Now, I had already had this conversation with Lou about nine or ten days after the election. He came in to speak to our 34 new Members. And before he went over to talk to them, he came over to my office, and he was moaning and groaning. I said, ‘Lou, would you stop it? We’re Americans, we’ll figure this out!’ And I had to spend 15 minutes giving Lou Holtz a pep talk! I had to do it again last night!”

And here I thought Republicans were annihilating their party on their own, but if they want to credit the Obama administration, I’ll grant that Obama is Superman and has magical ways of forcing Republicans to say and do really stupid things.

The Ripon Society has been called the “Ripley Society” by some, because it’s kind of funny to have a bunch of Harvard elites trying to run the more moderate arm of the GOP via the Ripon Society. Shhh, don’t tell the base.

We hope the donors buy this sad line from the Speaker, or else the House Republicans could be in even more trouble than they already are. Yes, Republican donors, just like the GOP told you that Romney was gonna win and all you needed to do was donate a few more million for freedom courtesy of special polls, now they tell you that they CAN win national elections and it’s not their fault they keep failing your agenda. It’s mean old Superman in the White House.

Stop being so mean, Obama! John Boehner can’t fund raise and it’s all your fault.

Read More: http://www.politicususa.com/john-boehner-thinks-ob...

• Embalmer 2013/01/24 17:20:13
    Embalmer
    +16
    The GOP placed themselves in the "dustbin of history," Democrats didn't have to lift a finger.

• Blessed Sheep Gone Wild! 2013/05/10 18:56:30
    Blessed Sheep Gone Wild!
    +1
    yeah lets waste millions of tax dollars on conspiracy theories then blame obama for not appointing judges that the gop neglected to give any nominees for the possitions...
    They blame everything that they do on everyone else... they have an agenda which is to destroy America and say it was the liberals fault... and get poor and uneducated people to support them even though everything the GOP does actually makes those particular peoples lives harder... it makes no sense how the GOP hasn't imploded yet.
  • BalancedNYer 2013/05/10 18:10:28
  • Blessed... Balance... 2013/05/10 21:46:38
    Blessed Sheep Gone Wild!
    as in fiscal conservatives of which they are less fiscally conservative than the dems...
  • tom Savage 2013/01/28 17:14:27
    tom Savage
    +1
    No!!! The great American Conservative movement of the 60s and 70s lost it's way. But, signs of recovery are emerging.

We are stronger as a Nation when we have a minimum of two parties in a struggle for dominance and power. If we are left with one party not restrained by a counter ideology our framers vision will be lost.
  • Balance... tom Savage 2013/05/10 18:08:49
  • Blessed... tom Savage 2013/05/10 21:47:42
    Blessed Sheep Gone Wild!
    like racism and doing away with separation of church and state?
  • Dana 2013/01/28 05:16:33
    Dana
    +1
    If they continue on the path they are on, they will be history. They have no one to blame but themselves.
  • joseph digristina 2013/01/27 18:02:52
  • jtmekjian 2013/01/26 07:14:29
    jtmekjian
    +1
    A progressive only government would run our country into a ditch. we need fiscal conservatism. Vote libertarian.
  • Giantfan jtmekjian 2013/01/28 17:29:47
    Giantfan
    +1
    I am a progressive who is a fiscal conservative but I'm not stupid enough to go libertarian.
  • Blessed... jtmekjian 2013/05/10 21:48:44
    Blessed Sheep Gone Wild!
    +1
    cause the GOP are conservatives in name only.
  • Centrist_Bill 2013/01/26 02:46:34
    Centrist_Bill
    +4
    If you are talking about the GOP as in TODAY'S GOP yes.
  • Giantfan 2013/01/25 22:13:28
    Giantfan
    +4
    No it doesn't. No party has all the answers but this republican party as it is today is not doing the average citizen any favors. They have become a party of ignorance and obstruction. I use to like alot of the old republicans from my area but they are like the dinosaurs, long gone. All that's left of the good old republican party are the bones.
  • William 2013/01/25 19:50:55
    William
    As it is now, yes. On the other hand, it is a government supported duopoly--along with the Democratic party. Government supported programs have a way of living long after their welcome has been worn to dust.
  • Sissy 2013/01/25 13:53:20
    Sissy
    +7
    I say that with the caveat that while the Republican Party has contributed enormously to this country, has had many great leaders, have been a viable force in what makes our country great, that unless they get their act together and get on board with the majority of this country, they will indeed become extinct and go the way of the Whig Party.
  • Pay me 4profile 2013/01/25 10:35:06
    Pay me 4profile
    +1
    i did learn an intresting fact, the first republican president was president Abraham linclon

more importantly, this would be the counter tail spin of the democrat

• Sissy Pay me ... 2013/01/25 13:56:51
    Sissy
    +4
    But another more importantly "interesting fact" is also, Abraham Lincoln would never recognize the Party today at what he led over 150 years ago. That was the Party that support freedom of the slaves and "attacking poverty" where it was. Today it is universally known as "The Party of the Wealthy".
  • Pay me ... Sissy 2013/01/25 14:49:08
    Pay me 4profile
    well i would have to disagred, i like to believe he would be on the side of saving america from over regulatory goverment turning us all i to tax slaves. we also can add, fica slaves
  • Sissy Pay me ... 2013/01/25 15:38:08
    Sissy
    +6
    It was lack of regulations that got us into this gawd-awful mess to begin with. The lack of accountability and oversight against the greed and corruption of the Wall Street kings showed us exactly why they should not be unfettered and let loose on defenseless Americans. Your call that we are "tax slaves" bears absolutely no merit and is as nonsensical as most of the Right's solutions to any of our problems.
  • Pay me ... Sissy 2013/01/25 18:01:16
    Pay me 4profile
    your wrong, how have the rich hard working wall street kings affected you or any one else, do they force you to pay for thier retirment, do they steal money from your income collecting taxes, do they lie to you about whats going on. the wall street kings ass you called them are any one who likes to gamble, rather then loosing it all in las vegas or atlantic city if it still exsist.

ok now that they are over regulated were there is no clear path for small bussiness or start up companies ventures capitolist are we better or worst in a over regulated system.

bottom line is worst, the only reason why unemoyment has gone down is because people no longer qualfiy for unemployment, and people are scavanging in the street for metals, and the real currupt puppet ing the demcratic party are taking insider trading to a legal limit, and getting thier way, and making more money now were the get away with insider trading

again wrong and i welcome a counter aregument with out turning demcratic and changing the subject by pointng fingers in another direction to counter argue
  • Sissy Pay me ... 2013/01/27 13:31:47
    Sissy
    +2
    Yes, they "stole money" from us on Main Street. for one, bundling mortgages and selling them to foreign banks, taking us to the brink of another even greater Depression with their policies and taking all the tax breaks and not re-investing or yes, "creating jobs", but pocketing and rewarding their CEO's with obscene parachute retirements, case in point, fmr. Treas. Secretary Hank Paulson who left Goldmann Sachs with a $500,000,000 retirement package while it was tanking. Tax payers having to bail out them as well as AIG, Wells Fargo, Citibank, etc. What did they do, did they re-invest those dollars back into the economy? No, they once again gave huge bonuses and sat on their profits.

You don't have to be an MBA or economist to see the frightful damage they did and have done to all of us.

If you honestly believe that they played no part in our near financial collapse, the stockmarket slipping into the single digits in the run-up to the '08 inauguration, millions of homes repossessed, tens of thousands of jobs being lost a month, then I would certainly be open to who was at fault.
  • Pay me ... Sissy 2013/01/27 16:31:17
    Pay me 4profile
    your totally right on. its was bernanki fault for stealling realestate from construction industry.

the construction create job derivitives of secondary business. after people establish work history they buy homes, n the goverment need to raise the federal reserve rate now that buying homes has a low demand, and then lower the rate when buying home demands increase

if president hussein doesnt get impeach, u could help call for bernanki resignation. He has to about 90% blame of a weak economy.

talk to u later
  • Sissy Pay me ... 2013/01/27 17:58:11
    Sissy
    +2
    Why is it that you can make so much sense and give such great points to discuss and then come out with such nonsense? (Impeaching our President?) What is your criteria for doing so? Unless the constitution has changed (?), "High crimes and misdemeanors are the only reasons and this President hasn't come anywhere near as close as the last one did and no one would confront him because according to Nancy Pelosi, "the country had already been thru enough when the republicans did it the last time"

When you don't get your own way, then you look for petty, off-the-wall reasons why you believe a democrat should be hauled before the bench. Get real.
  • Pay me ... Sissy 2013/01/27 19:41:11
    Pay me 4profile
    +1
    well cause he really did a lot wrong, n im tired, read my profile to read some lynks of what he did wrong.
  • Sissy Pay me ... 2013/01/27 20:10:43
    Sissy
    +1
    When I get a chace I will.....but then, have you ever checked over the reasons why his predecessor could have been Impeached in his own right?
  • Pay me ... Sissy 2013/01/28 21:53:12
    Pay me 4profile
    You know, u pose a great question that most people use the same linear thought as offense or defense to argue, were i argue and insult them until thier own views makes them collopse and give up on their own, or they pull a obama and change subject to something else that warrents a higher priority to confuse people and avoid giving a acceptable answer.

This is high school debate is considered back yard arguement and fighting. i hate giving anologies cause then people figure out my weaknessand learn that i hate being compared to or being called a philospher, but being i am trying to cut my run on sentence down a anolgy is easier to help people understand:

if the mob has been getting away with collecting taxes to protect small bussiness in a local neighbor hood and they have been getting away with it for a long time, were people think it is ok, and the 1st admened right of freedom of speech is dismantel to be supress, eventually the constitution will build enough factual evidence to set a legal enforcement precidence.

The funny flip side to my anoligy, the mob in new york was convicted and push out because they would have giant round circle of inside tradting wich is a major crime, and many year later our goverment breaks the law and are the only organized trust that break the law a...

The funny flip side to my anoligy, the mob in new york was convicted and push out because they would have giant round circle of inside tradting wich is a major crime, and many year later our goverment breaks the law and are the only organized trust that break the law and get away with inside trading.

finally to give you a simple short answer, the other president could not have been impeach for what president hussien is trying to do.
    the reason is all to simple, it is called separtion of "constitutional power" all the other president have followed the right political steps weather legal or unlawful to use there executive power correctly, dictated by the constitution. now president Hussien has written regulation that will contradict what he wants done, and or is using constituional power the wrong way were he violating american civilian in many different counts. the fact is simple, when the discrict federal judge rules against president husien, all the dellusional covers of lies will be clear were people will see the truth now, i am one of those people who was in favor of helping him be successful and gave him great advice that he had used all wrong.

and to answer the question, i face book president husien how to end war in iraq, nd a week later he ended it, what he did wrong was being that he is the president of usa were he use to have birds eye view of every thing, should have used IRAQ as a fall bacck procedure, and pretend we were anayalading them while shooting off fire cracker with the current goverment, and scared all the other country to submit, rather then killing american aliance with friendly fire. its sad to see everything he has done is a total failure, and he twist thing around werte his loyal follower will be let down when he is no longer in power and they get really truth reports of his failure. a president is a leader, not a law enforcer.
  • tom Savage Sissy 2013/01/28 17:18:18
    tom Savage
    +2
    Lincoln aside, Reagan would not recognize the GOP of today. Both he and Goldwater would not be considered conservatives by today's right.
  • Pay me ... tom Savage 2013/01/28 21:55:47
    Pay me 4profile
    thats only cause president reagan was a man of the people were he would say jump, and id say i anticipated you sir and would say i jump three times allredy.
  • Giantfan Pay me ... 2013/01/28 18:24:34
    Giantfan
    +2
    You do realize the party of Lincoln were mainly made up of nothern liberals and the party of the south were mainly made up of southern conservatives. The parties did a 180 in the 60's with southern conservative democrats fleeing the party and becoming republicans and liberal republicans fleeing that party and becoming democrats. Whether it says democrat or republican in history after an event, what really matters is which party contained the liberals and which contained the conservatives and what they did at "that" time. It's the parties ideology at the time that mattered not the name of the party. I wish people could and would understand that. It's not what the party stood for at any time in history it's who made up the party at thet time, conservatives or liberals. today the republican party is mostly conservative and the dems are mostly liberals. That in the future could change again but what happens now is happening with a conservative republican party and a liberal democratic party.
  • Balance... Giantfan 2013/05/10 18:13:03
  • Giantfan Balance... 2013/05/10 18:46:24
    Giantfan
    Exactly. The democratic party of old was the conservatives and the party of Lincoln was the liberals. All they ever see is a D or R and go off saying we freed the slaves meaning republicans well yes republicans did free the slaves but it was a party of liberals back then. The democrats were the southerners and the Confederates.
  • Balance... Giantfan 2013/05/10 18:52:52
  • Balance... Giantfan 2013/05/10 18:54:27
  • Giantfan Balance... 2013/05/11 00:02:50
    Giantfan
    Well I must say it's great to see another fically conservative socially progressive person although I consider myself a "logical" fiscial conservative meaning I know we are in a deep whole from wasteful spend and cutting of revenues over the years and in that sense I believe we need a combination of spending cuts and revenue increases to start getting us out of this mess.
  • Balance... Giantfan 2013/05/11 04:51:52
  • Giantfan Balance... 2013/05/11 15:36:46
    Giantfan
    +1
    Just with the tea party. The worst of the worst.
  • Balance... Giantfan 2013/05/12 14:18:54
  • Giantfan Balance... 2013/05/12 15:22:33
    Giantfan
    Same here. Have a great day....
  • illinoyed 2013/01/25 08:58:37
    illinoyed
    +5
    If they stay the way they are now, yes.
  • Cat 2013/01/25 08:55:16
    Cat
    +2
    Yes, along with the Democratic party as well. We need new parties that say what they really are; Corporation party, Financial party, Communist party, Abortion party, Judeo-Christian party, Budget-balancer party Antichrist (aka Hardline Atheist) party, and the Gimme More party.

2014/09/02 09:10:51