Does the Bible suggest you to marry your own race?

jt 2009/12/12 18:02:31
In the Old Testament, the Israelites had to.

• muisette Shonny 2009/12/12 19:34:58
    muisette
    +1
    yes it does since i have read the bible and i go to church i know
  • Shonny muisette 2009/12/12 19:48:56
    Shonny
    +3
    Since I have studied my bible for 14 years and been saved for 16, i think i know what i'm talking about.
  • muisette Shonny 2009/12/14 12:56:23
    muisette
    whatever.........im not going to argue with you because i have better things to do
  • meridith muisette 2009/12/12 21:42:51
    meridith
    +1
    That is one of the most silly things I have read on this site "I have read the bible and I go to church I know" you are too much. You.... no, I need not say more. Keep reading lady maybe soon you will be able to comprehend.
  • Shonny muisette 2009/12/12 19:36:28
    Shonny
    +4
    "And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman" (Num. 12.1). And so did Abraham,
  • muisette Shonny 2009/12/12 19:37:33
    muisette
    +1
    nobodys perfect, but it does say to stick with your own race
  • Jan muisette 2009/12/12 20:18:04 (edited)
    Jan
    +2
    If you believe that, please state Bible chapter and verse. Shonny has already given text that proves you wrong.
  • Broken** muisette 2009/12/13 04:38:02
    Broken**
    +1
    What bible you reading???? Been studying the bible for 14 trs an NO it does not...God looks on the heart of man, there is neither male or female in his eyes, an just like Shonny has shown you Moses a powerful prophet of God married a black women....Hmmmmmm in all your understanding get knowledge, I hope you understand dear that we will be judged about how we are throwing his word around! So we better make sure Truth is what we are tryin to tell people! This would be considered False teachers.....
  • James Shonny 2009/12/20 07:36:38
    James
    +2
    And King David as well. Blessings!
  • Visiona... muisette 2009/12/12 21:38:19
    Visionary )() CC
    If you are a Christian and the Bible tells you not to do something, but you say "go ahead if you really, really want to" you are much farther from God and Christ than you think you are.

I strongly and respectfully suggest if you are going to tell people you are Christian, that you study it more. Just saying "I'm a Christian" doesn't make you one. If you don't know and are not learning what it means to be Christian, then your level of faith is more of a casual, disembodied type, as if to say "I will just agree that Christianity is right because none of the other religions seem any better". If you have no desire to get closer to God through Christ, then please, do not tell people about your personal beliefs of right and wrong while saying you are a Christian. When you do that, if your opinion contradicts the Bible's teachings, (as you did not once, but twice in your post) you can really misguide a person.

• Cathy 2009/12/12 19:17:17
    Cathy
    +1
    Yes, at one time the Bible did suggest that the Jews were to be married within their own race, but that was under the Old Testament Law. We as Christains today, do not live under this law anymore, but Grace...under Jesus Christ. The Church of Jesus Christ which is (born again, spirit-filled believers) are the Priestly Nation today! Hebrews 7:12 says.....For the priesthood being charged, there is made of neccessity a charge also of the law.
    +1
    I do not think there is a direct item about your own race, but there is an item about your own people. Moses at the end of his life has a black wife. She is honored because she belonged to Moses and she appeaently was a beauty , but she was not identified later in scriptures.
  • Shonny jackola... 2009/12/12 19:32:22
    Shonny
    +2
    Only because she wasn't his first wife, or the one he was with the longest, but it does mention Kutura Abraham's black wife who he had 7 boys by.
  • Seeker-TERM LIMIT SUPPORTER 2009/12/12 19:05:49
    Seeker-TERM LIMIT SUPPORTER
    +2
    can you please provide the passage that says that?
  • Shonny Seeker-... 2009/12/12 19:42:25
    Shonny
    +2
    "And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman" (Num. 12.1). and Abraham married a black woman from Canann named Keturah (Genisis) chapter 25, verses 1-6
  • Seeker-... Shonny 2009/12/12 19:59:27
    Seeker-TERM LIMIT SUPPORTER
    +2
    thanks.
  • Shonny Seeker-... 2009/12/12 20:11:38
  • T-Time1 2009/12/12 19:03:11
    T-Time1
    +2
    never has
  • justonemom 2009/12/12 18:44:09
    justonemom
    +2
    It does decree that we marry believers. I understand that Moses was married to an Ethiopian.
  • MisterD 2009/12/12 18:25:08
    MisterD
    +2
    It's in both testaments. The Jews were to put away (divorce) their pagan wives that they married during the captivity period; and, we are told to be not unequally yoked by marrying a non-believer.
  • Shonny MisterD 2009/12/12 19:46:16
    Shonny
    +2
    wrong Moses married a black woman and so did Abraham and many many others. It's never God that have a problem it always prejudiced man. "And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman" (Num. 12.1). "Then again Abraham took a wife and her name was Keturah" Abraham married a black woman from Canann named Keturah (Genisis) chapter 25, verses 1-6
  • MisterD Shonny 2009/12/12 22:13:55
    MisterD
    +2
    Note that I said "pagan wives" meaning that it was the non-jewish (faith) nothing to do with skin color. It has always been that God accepts all; as long as the individual has accepted Him as their God.
  • VeritasRex MisterD 2009/12/13 03:36:08 (edited)
    VeritasRex
    I'm glad that you clarified that part, although for a while it did sound that you were making an assumption.

[EDIT] Here, am using the yellow people of China, mostly Red China, as a modern example about what ethnicity has to do with a person's religious faith. [/EDIT]

Of course, it's easy to assume that most/all people in Red / Mainland China are either Athiests of the Communistic sect, or Buddhists --and some of them either actually are either Communists or Buddhists--

but a lot of the Red / Mainland Chinese are either Christian or (in the western part of that country, at least) Muslims.

But I do see how easy it is to make an assumption about the Mainland / Red Chinese, because a lot of Chinese (both Red and Taiwan) were historically Buddhists (and a lot of Red Chinese really were Reds / Communists).
  • RhinoRT MisterD 2009/12/12 20:33:18
    RhinoRT
    +1
    a non believer and someone of another race are two different things, the same with pagan it does not mean race, the Bible does not teach that you should only marry your own race.
  • meridith RhinoRT 2009/12/12 21:44:08
    meridith
    +2
    TRUE TRUE
  • MisterD RhinoRT 2009/12/12 22:14:28
    MisterD
    +2
    I agree totally Rhino.
  • Chrissy592 2009/12/12 18:17:07 (edited)
    Chrissy592
    +6
    The Old Testament was a prepatory law book for the young children of the world who had to be told each and every single thing to do because they were so young. The had to be told what was good to eat and what was not they had to be told that haveing sex with animals and with you mother father sister or brother was wrong on a very strict level. I equate it with my own children, in the beginning I controlled everythign abou their world to keep them safe and to teach them the basics as they got older I gave them more freedom and more choices because they had a good basic understanding of the yes's and no's and the why's. The New Testament is the fullness and everlasting gospel. He came to free and fulfill the laws. No longer an eye for an eye but turn the other cheek, no more stoneing for sins but rather repentance, asking for forgiveness. I don't think the Lord God who created all mankind is going to prohibit the union of two of his children based on their skin color. He obviously likes the colorful palete we encompass or we wouldn't be different colors. Just an opinion :) Take it or leave it. I don't argue doctrine.
  • LEAHCIM... Chrissy592 2009/12/12 18:32:13
    LEAHCIM368~POTL~RWAC...
    +2
    That was awesome...I love your view, it makes so much sense..I would say I agree a 100%....Thank you!!!
  • Captain... Chrissy592 2009/12/12 18:36:53 (edited)
    CaptainZoom
    +2
    Nice response.
    [Golf clap]
    response
    (Originators of the golf clap)
  • meridith Captain... 2009/12/12 21:44:30
    meridith
    haha good post!
  • Punk 2009/12/12 18:07:23
    Punk
  • Linkums 2009/12/12 18:07:02
    Linkums
    +2
    I think that was more for the purpose of marrying someone of your own religion.
  • Astro-Boy PHAET 2009/12/12 18:03:59
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +2
    The Bible says a lot of things, either do it or explode. lol
  • Shonny Astro-B... 2009/12/12 19:47:37
    Shonny
    +1
    wrong; Moses married a black woman and so did Abraham and many many others. It's never God that have a problem it always prejudiced man. "And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman" (Num. 12.1). "Then again Abraham took a wife and her name was Keturah" Abraham married a black woman from Canann named Keturah (Genisis) chapter 25, verses 1-6
  • Astro-B... Shonny 2009/12/12 20:05:14
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +2
    I'm messing around...

2014/09/16 21:25:34