Does Obama Need an Anger Translator?

Ysggirb 2012/01/14 03:03:52
Related Topics: Obama, Cool, Anger
Underneath that cool exterior....

• S* 2012/01/14 06:32:24
    S*
    +2
    I thought it was fun, not sure anyone should take this seriously, it was a comedy skit, after all.
  • Ysggirb S* 2012/01/15 13:25:20
    Ysggirb
    +2
    I don't know why I bother with these. Unless you've got 5,000 "friends", they don't amount to anything. I thought it was brilliant ...particularly the bit about the birth certificate.
  • S* Ysggirb 2012/01/15 18:00:35
  • Ysggirb S* 2012/01/16 02:53:03
    Ysggirb
    +2
    What a blast! What do imagine his top speed was? I kept waiting for a deal breaker ...meaning it running along a sheer drop. That I couldn't take. That was fantastic ...I'd give it a go.
  • Ysggirb S* 2012/01/16 03:04:53
  • S* Ysggirb 2012/01/18 00:07:46
    S*
    +1
    http://www.washingtonpost.com...

not sure if you saw this, made me smile.
  • Ysggirb S* 2012/01/18 04:26:50 (edited)
    Ysggirb
    Actually, there was a poll on SH with that video. Brilliant impression ...sounds exactly like Bowie. I don't have a television, so I haven't seen Fallon's show, but I watched another clip of him doing Neil Young. He's really quite talented. Had a good laugh watching that one again ...thanks!

• Aurora 2012/01/14 03:13:12
    Aurora
    he is angry at White man's greed.
  • Ysggirb Aurora 2012/01/15 13:16:59
    Ysggirb
    +2
    Oh, I see ...is he OK with all other people's greed? Just want to make sure I understand.
  • S* Ysggirb 2012/01/15 17:54:11
    S*
    +2
    you understand.
  • Ysggirb S* 2012/01/16 02:41:02
    Ysggirb
    +2
    I really was a bit confused, but I'm up to speed on it all now (v), thanks to Aurora.
  • Aurora Ysggirb 2012/01/15 23:13:57
    Aurora
    I don't know ask him, he is always after people who make too much money. Equal outcomes instead of Equal opportunity. He hates them all.
  • Ysggirb Aurora 2012/01/16 02:39:21
    Ysggirb
    +2
    Oh that's right; it's not the wealthy who are greedy, it's the rapidly disappearing middle class who are greedy. Poor wealthy people (and corporations). I hope, for Obama's sake, he doesn't make them pay their fair share in taxes ...he might lose some campaign funding over that.

I am glad to hear his hatred for non-wealthy people is not determined by race ...that would be wrong.
  • Ace Ysggirb 2012/01/16 13:26:59 (edited)
    Ace
    +2
    I think Pippin could bring some clarity to this '52 card pickup' thread with one of her brilliant comments. She's quite the thinker, and she makes them quite often. Yes, I believe she's up to it...

"00000000000000000000000000009"

Edit:
    Well said, Pippin. (I agree with her)
  • Ysggirb Ace 2012/01/16 19:27:58 (edited)
    Ysggirb
    +1
    You have to assume a kitten wants the best for everybody (with the possible exception of vacuum cleaners and bathtubs). She's the ultimate liberal.

"00000000000000000000000000009" ...what's to argue? Can I quote that?

Edit:
    She can lick your elbow, right?
  • Aurora Ysggirb 2012/01/16 15:24:38
    Aurora
    Well look 95% of african Americans voted for Obama and that is not racist, c'mon. Well if you voted for him, then I hold you responsible for the rapidly decreasing middle class.
  • Ysggirb Aurora 2012/01/16 19:22:25
    Ysggirb
    +1
    Let me try to explain something. I’m NOT doing this to bash your opinion, despite what my previous sarcasm may imply. I’m doing it simply for the purpose of supporting understanding.

I’m a British-American. I’m a legal citizen of the United States. If there were ever a British-American candidate for president, I’d pay very close attention. Of course, if I determined his political viewpoints were contrary to my own, I would reject him. But if his political ideology DID represent my own, he would have my vote. (FYI: When I say ‘he’, I also mean ‘she’.)

Why would I vote for that individual, apart from the agreement on ideology? The feeling of kinship …somebody who’s like me would be better able to represent me, reasonable assumption. This is no different than one of the main reasons people voted for George W Bush in 2004 …they would feel more comfortable having a beer with him than with John Kerry. It’s also no different than a black man or woman having voted for Obama.

And let’s remember, the vast majority of African-Americans hold at least moderately liberal political perspectives. They’re very likely to vote for a Democrat regardless of race. In order to prove that point, let’s look at some historical data on the black vote in American presidential elections. Th...

And let’s remember, the vast majority of African-Americans hold at least moderately liberal political perspectives. They’re very likely to vote for a Democrat regardless of race. In order to prove that point, let’s look at some historical data on the black vote in American presidential elections. The figures following the names represent the per cent of black votes cast for each candidate.
    1976: Carter(D) 93%, Ford(R) 7%
    1980: Carter(D) 94%, Reagan(R) 3%, Anderson 2%
    1984: Mondale(D) 86%, Reagan(R) 12%
    1988: Dukakis(D) 76%, GHW Bush(R) 21%
    1992: Clinton(D) 91%, GHW Bush(R) 6%
    1996: Clinton(D) 93%, Dole(R) 4%
    2000: Gore(D) 86%, GW Bush(R) 11%
    2004: Kerry(D) 88%, GW Bush(R) 11%

All of these Democrats were white. Your racist theory would not account for this very obvious voting pattern. I think we have to call your comment what it is: a clear misunderstanding or misrepresentation …depending on your understanding and your motives. Sometimes you have to look beneath the soundbites to get at the truth.

And, yes, I did vote for Obama. I’m not happy with the job he’s done in many respects, but a large part of the problem has been the blatant, petty obstructionism he’s faced. That said, given the alternatives (any of them), he’ll have my vote again in November.

As regards the disappearing middle class, you can blame the corruption of Wall Street and the sale of America’s representative democracy to the highest bidder for that. The decision on ‘Citizens United’ by the Supreme Court should finish the job off nicely.

I have a choice; I don’t have to live in America …I choose to. Though I certainly get frustrated with her, I DO love her …and her people (well, most of them).

The best way to be a good citizen (of any country) is to arm yourself with understanding. If you think you’ll get that from Fox or MSNBC, you’re wrong. It takes real effort …that is YOUR responsibility.
  • EliteAmongOutcasts 2012/01/14 03:08:34
  • Ysggirb EliteAm... 2012/01/15 13:15:05
    Ysggirb
    +2
    Thanks for the comment, but I think you meant it for another Soda Head question. I didn't say Obama was a dumbass or retarded. I posted a funny video about what it might be like if Obama had an anger translator. If you want to watch the video and comment about it, that would be great.

But you should find the proper place for the comment you left. It would be a shame to waste that one, exceptional as it is.

2014/11/25 22:09:23