Does Barack Obama support Occupy Wall Street?

FanOreilly 2011/11/19 13:43:22
Yes, Obama supports OWS but he has to be a closet occupier to be re-elected
No, Obama does not support OWS, he is a Republican
Barack Obama's political roots are connected to the creators of Occupy Wall Street:

-Labor union operative
-Left-wing 'community organizer'
-Socialist policies that promote redistribution and government control

Barack Obama has expressed support for the Occupy Wall Street Movement:

“The most important thing we can do right now is those of us in leadership letting people know that we understand their struggles and we are on their side

With the public support for OWS slipping given their massive illegal and disgusting behavior, the left is wondering if Barack Obama is throwing his left-wing socialist buddies under the bus like he has done with other leftists that became obstacles to his power.

How will Obama's allies in the left wing that have created OWS support Obama while simultaneously claiming no direct link to Obama?

The left wing is starting to get upset that Obama does not admit he is a core OWS organizer but Obama wants to win re-election and wants no contact with these thugs.

The famous convicted vandal who created the Obama 2008 poster has a new poster...one with a thinly veiled threat toward Obama.

Read More: http://www.verumserum.com/?p=33717

• FanOreilly 2011/11/19 13:46:32
    FanOreilly
    +21
    If Obama's political career had failed, I have no doubt he would be helping Occupy Wall Street as an SEIU operative.

Now that the movement is associated with riots, rape, robbery, disease and public masturbation and defecation he is afraid to support them publicly.

Make no mistake: Barack Obama's values fall clearly in line with these socialist thugs as evidenced by what Obama does with power whenever he gets his way.

Obama occupy wall street

• Deep007 2011/11/24 01:32:20
    Deep007
    DEATH TO AMERICA
    -Barry Soetoro-
  • dogs voice 2011/11/23 14:06:49
  • JuneGagnon 2011/11/23 08:43:01 (edited)
    JuneGagnon
    Of course he "supports OWS" - -he's hoping for an excuse to declare martial law and haul all of US (that don't agree with him) off to internment camps to get US out of his way!
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2011/11/22 04:53:19
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    Does he support it, or was he behind it? Lets see all of his favorite people are involved such as Bill Ayers, Van Jones, his favorite unions, acorn offshoots, and the people who want to change our whole economic system and do away with capitalism. At the very least the chants of the protestors repeat the mantra of our president. Class warfare and division all the way.
  • mikeyavelli 2011/11/21 16:46:00
    mikeyavelli
    +2
    he doesn't support the occupiers. he barely knew ayers, larry sinclair was a crazed liar. and obama never lawyered for acorn either. nope. never knew rezko either. or sheik khalidi. had no inkling of blago's attempts to fill the old senate seat either. what is fast and furious? or solyndra? had no idea. nice surprise seeing van jones such an important part of occupy wall street. had no idea he could ever be interested in something like that.
  • RogerRover 2011/11/21 15:04:15
    RogerRover
    +3
    Our slick little master of duplicity walkin' the tight rope again?? I'll provide the banana peel, who will retrieve him from the infested masses below?
  • Freebird 2011/11/21 07:42:07
    Freebird
    +4
    Oh yeah, not a doubt in my mind
  • us 2011/11/21 04:48:06
    us
    +4
    Yes, I believe seiu down there protesting too, I believe Obama worked with them.
    They receive government money from taxpayers and want more, and they take $30. out of people medcaid or medcare for UNION DUES.

I believe all SEIU workers should pay there own Union dues than to take from others,
    who are paid pay by taxpayers. If you don't pay taxes and get free stop complaining,
    because I believe it time you pay taxes like the rest of us.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2011/11/21 02:52:51
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +5
    Obama not only supports it, he probably is one of the perpetrators behind it.
  • JuneGagnon Aqua Su... 2011/11/23 08:47:16
    JuneGagnon
    +2
    Someone "followed the money trail" and found Moveon.org and sorryassgeorge! Who'd a thunk it!
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2011/11/21 00:29:58
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +3
    And he's on record saying he supports them. Along with Pelosi and the rest of the criminally insane left.
  • zebsmom 2011/11/20 22:38:21
    zebsmom
    +5
    I strongly suspect the President supports OWS, based in a large part by his past associations. But, he must distance himself from their cause if he wants to be re-elected. Especially as the public becomes more and more disillusioned with their [OWS's] behavior. [I have to admit that no one seems to be commenting on their truly delusional "demands"]
  • F-18 IN GOD WE TRUST 2011/11/20 20:53:24
    F-18 IN GOD WE TRUST
    +5
    It is outrageous what this arrogant disrespectful Extremist is doing to the United States of America. I prey for this Nation, the Military, Veterans, Police, Fire fighters, conciensios caregivers and the Constitution. That some day soon we will be able to see the downfall of this most destructive administration ever. The sooner the better.
  • Yes, Obama supports OWS but he has to be a closet occupier to be re-elected
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +5
    Obama supports any radical Commie group in America!
  • BAMACRUSADER 2011/11/20 19:49:34
    BAMACRUSADER
    +5
    And it will come back to bite him.
  • JuneGagnon BAMACRU... 2011/11/23 08:47:59
    JuneGagnon
    And soon, I hope!
  • jamiemac 2011/11/20 19:27:44
    jamiemac
    +1
    I would hope he supports it, duh.
  • cindy 2011/11/20 19:23:41
    cindy
    +7
    he is their best friend , behind the scenes...........
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2011/11/20 19:02:36
  • Concerned American 2011/11/20 16:36:44
    Concerned American
    +6
    Obama supports anyone who will help to bring our economy and country down. He has an agenda and will support anyone who can contribute to the downfall of our beloved country.
  • DS in O... Concern... 2011/11/20 18:00:41 (edited)
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    +5
    I agree, CA. OWS is our WH Community Organizer's fondest dream come to life.
  • harry 2011/11/20 15:29:47
    harry
    In reality I don't think so.
    They blame Obama for signing the bailout and the protest is supported by all political groups. Even by some of the 1%.

So how can any established politician support a movement that is so critical of there job history.
  • zebsmom harry 2011/11/20 22:42:20
    zebsmom
    +3
    I think he's playing both ends against the middle. He needs the support of mega business to fund his election. He also needs the support of unions [$] and the disillusioned masses [votes]. Who loses....the shrinking middle class. Not enough numbers to suck up to for votes and not enough money to fund campagns.
  • harry zebsmom 2011/11/24 00:20:51
    harry
    +1
    I hope the next year is the last of private and corporate funded elections.

A Quote for OWS
    "About 70% of all national real estate is owned by banks. This is about the same as the former soviet union owned in real estate during the communist area.. "
  • zebsmom harry 2011/11/24 07:35:29
    zebsmom
    +1
    It'd be nice, but I doubt it. Last time they tried to reform campaign money, it actually got far, far worse.
    I'm surprised it's only 70% of the real estate owned by banks. I'd think it'd be closer to 90 when you think about it. Then again, I live in the bay area and very few people own their own homes free and clear without a mortgage.
  • IndyLinda 2011/11/20 14:22:22
    IndyLinda
    +5
    I expect the Muslim Brotherhood to be able to produce the riots Obie needs to create chaos.
    http://www.nowtheendbegins.co...
    Combine that with the millions of illegals he will try to amnesty, and you have the thug's new voter base -- Muslims and Muslim $$s, and millions of illegals.
  • Cathy 2011/11/20 13:39:37
    Cathy
    +5
    Yes, Obama does support "Occupy Wall Street" and I believe that everyone knows it.
  • garret stewart 2011/11/20 13:37:17
    garret stewart
    +6
    I'm not really sure all I know is Obama must go! Impeach Obama.
  • Space Invader 2011/11/20 12:32:40
    Space Invader
    +6
    Saul Alynski would be proud
  • Concerned Voter 2011/11/20 11:04:36 (edited)
    Concerned Voter
    +7
    There is no doubt he is apart of this. His fingerprints are all over this. And I don't mean his open endorsement of the movement. Too many times I had heard from the protesters that they don't want government to cut government jobs or programs which led me to believe that many of these guys are union members, specially SEIU union members who are afraid of losing their jobs if the government makes budget cuts. Like I had said before, I found the timing of this OWS and Obama's push for his jobs bill to be too coincidental to be an accident. I had also found it very interesting that a Canadian company being the headquarters or start of OWS that would take place in the USA. Why would a Canadian man do that? I bet it was done to hide a direct connection between Obama and George Soros to OWS.
    Obama puppetmaster OWS Occupy Wall street fingerprints
  • mwg0735 2011/11/20 10:57:06
  • Cal 2011/11/20 09:40:41
    Cal
    +6
    He's already proclaimed his support of OWS, and Obama is certainly not a republican, so this question is dupe. I see his support of OWS being a huge back lash against his campaign as well, since America doesn't look kindly on angry violent mobs.
  • morning40oz~mad as hell 2011/11/20 08:48:33
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +2
    OWS is protesting the likes of Goldman-Sachs, the biggest campaign contributors to Obama's 2008 campaign. Of course, since you have NO idea what the protest is actually about and believe that Obomba and people of his political roots CREATED OWS, you don't know diddly-squat.

While there have been organizations and people who have stated that they support the OWS movement, they had nothing to do with its origin any more than the KKK had to do with the origin of the TEA Party. How about you get that partisan stick out of your duff so you can get a clue?
  • morning... morning... 2011/11/20 08:49:32
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +2
    PS--You do Guy Fawkes a great injustice linking him to Obama.
  • Concern... morning... 2011/11/22 18:48:12
    Concerned Voter
    Actually that is an issue you would have to take up with :
    "Shepard Fairey, the artist who created the iconic "Hope" poster for Barack Obama during the 2008 election, has created a mashup of that poster and the Guy Fawkes mask that came to prominence in the graphic novel and movie, "V For Vendetta." The mask is being used by the Occupy protestors, and Fairey wrote on Obeygiant.com that he hoped the movement could push Obama towards policies that would promote more policies in tune with the demands of the 99%.

"This image represents my support for the Occupy movement, a grassroots movement spawned to stand up against corruption, imbalance of power, and failure of our democracy to represent and help average Americans," he wrote on the site. "On the other hand, as flawed as the system is, I see Obama as a potential ally of the Occupy movement if the energy of the movement is perceived as constructive, not destructive. I still see Obama as the closest thing to 'a man on the inside' that we have presently."

Fairey in October designed an invitation for the Occupy Wall Street rally in Times Square."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
    Here is a photo of Shepard Fairey's newest artwork:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Obama Fawkes
  • morning... Concern... 2011/11/22 20:27:44
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    Obama's biggest sponsors from the 2008 election are the very ones in which OWS is protesting. His ever being an ally of the movement is slim and none.
  • Concern... morning... 2011/11/22 21:05:25 (edited)
    Concerned Voter
    Try that again, He said in an ABC interview:
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/p...

"Obama said the most important thing he can do as president is express solidarity with the protesters and redouble his commitment to achieving what he described as a more egalitarian society.

“The most important thing we can do right now is those of us in leadership letting people know that we understand their struggles and we are on their side, and that we want to set up a system in which hard work, responsibility, doing what you’re supposed to do, is rewarded,” Obama said. “And that people who are irresponsible, who are reckless, who don’t feel a sense of obligation to their communities and their companies and their workers that those folks aren’t rewarded.”"
    = = = =

Yup, Obama did say "We are on their side."

The ows movement just hired Obama's former "Green Czar", Van Jones "as the official spokesperson and leader "
    http://www.examiner.com/law-e...
  • morning... Concern... 2011/11/22 21:10:03
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    Still haven't discerned the difference between what politicians say and do yet?

By the way, OWS hasn't "HIRED" Van Jones or anyone like that. That is complete falsehood. If you actually think about checking out the actual OWS website you'd see they don't want ANY single or group entanglements as they don't want to be co-opted into a political platform or another movement.
  • Concern... morning... 2011/11/24 03:43:03 (edited)
    Concerned Voter
    Oh that is so funny,it deserves two replies.
    you said "Still haven't discerned the difference between what politicians say and do yet?"
    Oh I do remember Obama saying this:
    "I don't take a dime of their [lobbyist] money, and when I am president, they won't find a job in my White House."

That was the first promise he broke. How does it relate to this? Simple. The person that had served as Obama's campaign's National political director and Obama's transition team deputy director of personnel was indeed a registered lobbyist for the SEIU union, Patrick Gaspard. and according to Open secrets. org, there are 94 current and former lobbyists working in the Obama administration. http://www.opensecrets.org/ob... But again getting back to the subject in hand, SEIU not only supports OWS, many of it's members have participated in the OWS protests as the picture the person who created this poll had posted correctly demonstrates two SEIU members taking part in an OWS protest.. SEIU has been a big sugar daddy to Obama to the point that it had spent over 60.7 million either through direct campaign contributions or money spent to help Obama getting elected outside of Obama's campaign. As the following article, written in May 2009, details the relationship of Obama and this union to the poi...

Oh I do remember Obama saying this:

That was the first promise he broke. How does it relate to this? Simple. The person that had served as Obama's campaign's National political director and Obama's transition team deputy director of personnel was indeed a registered lobbyist for the SEIU union, Patrick Gaspard. and according to Open secrets. org, there are 94 current and former lobbyists working in the Obama administration. http://www.opensecrets.org/ob... But again getting back to the subject in hand, SEIU not only supports OWS, many of it's members have participated in the OWS protests as the picture the person who created this poll had posted correctly demonstrates two SEIU members taking part in an OWS protest.. SEIU has been a big sugar daddy to Obama to the point that it had spent over 60.7 million either through direct campaign contributions or money spent to help Obama getting elected outside of Obama's campaign. As the following article, written in May 2009, details the relationship of Obama and this union to the point that Obama had issued several executive orders that benefited the SEIU and also that several people who are union members or politicians who were supported heavily by this union are members of Obama's administration. Don't bother to protest this because I had already checked the article on Patrick Gaspard, Hilda Solis, Kathleen Sebelius, and Anna Burger and found out that it was all true on those people. You may have checked the top ten individual campaign contributors such as Goldman Sachs and such, I'll bet you didn't check the PACS, ORGANIZATIONS, heavy hitters, or a general profile of contributors to Obama. Obama got heavy campaign contributions from the unions supporting OWS. Where the Unions go, Obama is going to fallow, specially his sugar daddy, the SEIU. With the SEIU being a major part of Obama's administration and also being a major part of the OWS, Obama is not going to risk alienating those people. He will be on their side like he said. Remember 60.7 million in Obama's first presidental run Where the unions go and George Seros goes, Obama goes.

This article is from Real Clear Politics which is a non-baised political website. The main article was written in May, 2009. If anything Real clear politics publishes on it's website articles, ewhen you check the facts, are usually have factual support behind them.

http://www.realclearpolitics....

May 13, 2009
    Big Labor's Investment in Obama Pays Off
    By Michelle Malkin

"We spent a fortune to elect Barack Obama -- $60.7 million to be exact -- and we're proud of it," boasted Andy Stern, president of the Service Employees International Union, to the Las Vegas Sun this week. The behemoth labor organization's leadership is getting its money's worth. Whether rank-and-file workers and ordinary taxpayers are profiting from this ultimate campaign pay-for-play scheme is another matter entirely.

The two-million-member union, which represents both government and private service employees, proudly claimed that its workers "knocked on 1.87 million doors, made 4.4 million phone calls and sent more than 2.5 million pieces of mail in support of Obama." It dispatched SEIU leaders to seven states in the final weekend before the election to get out the vote for Obama and other Democrats.

Through a series of local chapter takeovers and bully campaigns to destroy the reputation of executives who refuse to submit to their will, Stern and his scandal-plagued lieutenants have consolidated low-skill service workers to create a 21st century labor empire. The ubiquitous Stern now enjoys a prominent seat at the table of every major policy discussion at the White House, including economic recovery and health care radicalization.

Obama champions the SEIU's top legislative priorities: expansive government health care (paid for with regressive sin taxes) and the "Employee Free Choice Act" to do away with private-ballot union elections in the workplace. He has SEIU-blessed bureaucrats installed in every corner of his administration to carry out the agenda.

The SEIU scored not one but two Cabinet appointees: Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis. The SEIU pitched in with maximum donations to Solis' first congressional campaign and lent her nearly 300 canvassers and ground troops. "I wouldn't be here, were it not for my friends in the labor movement," she gushed. Indeed, over four terms in Congress, Solis has pocketed more than $900,000 in union campaign contributions.

Former SEIU chief lobbyist Patrick Gaspard served as the Obama campaign's national political director and transition deputy director of personnel. During the 2004 election cycle, he led the George Soros-funded group America Coming Together (ACT) as national field director. SEIU poured $23 million of workers' dues money into ACT in its failed attempt to put Democratic Sen. John Kerry in the White House. Under Gaspard's tenure at ACT, the get-out-the-vote group employed convicted felons as canvassers and committed campaign finance violations that led to a $775,000 fine by the Federal Election Commission. Gaspard was appointed White House political director shortly after Election Day 2008.

SEIU Secretary-Treasurer Anna Burger was appointed to the president's Economic Recovery Advisory Board to provide advice on "boosting the sagging U.S. economy" (translation: imposing new employment regulations on companies and expanding union membership rolls).

Within two weeks of moving into the White House, Obama signed a series of executive orders championed by union bosses. The new rules authorized sweeping powers for the labor secretary that essentially blackball nonunion contractors targeted by labor organizers and blacklist nonunion employees in the private sector from working on taxpayer-funded projects. Such regulatory favoritism limits freedom in the workplace and raises the cost of doing business.

Another measure immediately adopted by Obama requires that when a government service contract runs out and there's a new contract to perform the same services at the same location, the new contractor must retain the old workers. Mickey Kaus of the left-leaning Slate magazine dubbed the move the "Labor Payoff of the Day."

The payoffs keep coming. Last week Obama slashed the Labor Department's funding to investigate union corruption -- a welcome move for Stern, who has seen three of his handpicked deputies resign in 2008-2009 over financial scandals involving cronyism, nepotism and embezzlement.

California officials also reported last week that the Obama White House gave the SEIU an unprecedented role in negotiations over federal stimulus funds. According to the Los Angeles Times, the union lobbied the feds to withhold nearly $7 billion in stimulus money from California unless it revoked a wage cut for unionized health care workers -- which had already been approved by Democratic lawmakers as part of a budget deal forged in February. Top SEIU officials participated in a conference call last month on the issue; the Obama White House backs the union demands.

SEIU's enforcers have set aside $10 million to un-elect any of its political beneficiaries who abandon their pledges to do the union's legislative bidding. The campaign money was raised by slapping an extra $6-per-member fee on top of regular dues payments -- and funneled straight to the union's political action committee. Meanwhile, after spending a fortune to put Obama in office, the union laid off a third of its D.C. field staff (in violation of its own employment protections, according to the workers) due to budget troubles.

The laid-off workers are collateral damage in Big Labor's pursuit of power. The only jobs guaranteed by SEIU's merger with Hope and Change, Inc. belong to the brass.
  • morning... Concern... 2011/11/24 04:54:05
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    How about telling me something I don't know.

2014/11/28 03:11:04