Does anyone who voted for the obama have the right to complain about high gas prices ?

Demonic Rat Hunter 2012/02/27 15:58:04

I say NO, since the obama said he wanted prices for Gas and Electricity to rise, and also remember that those two increases are and will affect how much you pay for food also.

• jr 2012/02/27 16:07:30
    NO
    jr
    +18
    Vote for him again and gas will soon get to the point none of us can afford it

• Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/02/28 15:48:33
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    They should complain all they want, it's what libs do best, besides they have yet to eliminated free speech, so enjoy it while you can.
  • cat 2012/02/28 15:37:47
    cat
    +3
    Put the blame where it belongs. First we have fewer refineries all the time and the enviormentalists are hell bent on keeping it that way. They are a good part of the problem, greed by the oil companies factors in as well.
  • BackWoo... cat 2012/02/28 16:51:06
    BackWoodsMike
    +1
    I was with you up until your mention of “greedy” Oil Companies.

Out of all the Industries, the Oil Industry is one of the least greedy.

On average, workers (and I'm talking about the non-salaried time card punchers, not just the managers) are some of the highest paid workers in the United States, and with that have grown booming economies wherever they are.
    - - -

“NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Believe it or not, a place exists where companies are hiring like crazy, and you can make $15 an hour serving tacos, $25 an hour waiting tables and $80,000 a year driving trucks.
    You just have to move to North Dakota. Specifically, to one of the tiny towns surrounding the oil-rich Bakken formation, estimated to hold anywhere between 4 billion and 24 billion barrels of oil.
    Oil companies have only recently discovered ways to tap this reserve. And along with the manpower needed to extract the oil, the town is now scrambling to find workers to support the new rush of labor.
    Watford City is at the center of the Bakken formation. While it is home to less than 3,000 permanent residents, there are about 6,500 people there right now, as job hunters relocate to seek out high-paying jobs.
    Aaron Pelton, the owner of Outlaws Bar & Grill in Watford, said his sales have been nearly doubling every year -- and it's o...

- - -

Aaron Pelton, the owner of Outlaws Bar & Grill in Watford, said his sales have been nearly doubling every year -- and it's only getting busier. Servers at his restaurant make about $25 an hour when tips are factored in, and kitchen staff employees make around $15 an hour.”
    CONTINUED AT:
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/...

- - -
    Add to this, the fact that Oil Companies have one of the lowest profit margins of any Industries in the United States, I would hardly call them greedy.
    - - -

“Oil Company Earnings: Reality Over Rhetoric”
    “Industry profit margins are cyclical too. But on average, between 2006 and 2010, the largest oil companies averaged a profit margin of around 6.5%. This pales in comparison to profit margins in just about every other industry. The pharmaceutical industry, for example, routinely averages a profit margin of about 16%. The soft drink market is even more lucrative.
    At the gas tank integrated oil companies make about 7 cents per gallon. Meanwhile, the government extracts more than 48 cents, on average, per gallon. That's right: Uncle Sam takes nearly seven times more out of drivers' wallets via taxation than "Big Oil." “
    CONTINUED AT:
    http://www.forbes.com/2011/05...
  • drdos1943 cat 2012/02/28 19:10:04 (edited)
    drdos1943
    +3
    Due to the mild winter, there is a glut of gas and oil in the U.S. Oil and gas currently sell for much more overseas than what it sells for in this country. Therefore, the oil companies are selling overseas and not here.

All Obama has to do, with the swipe of a pen, is place an export tax on oil and gas, and as Newt Gingrich has proposed, the price of gas at the pump would drop to about $2.50 a gallon....perhaps even less.

...and then, as other respondents have pointed out.....there's North Dakota.
  • Wahvlvke 2012/02/28 15:13:43
    NO
    Wahvlvke
    +2
    Not unless they plan to never vote crat again.
  • Ava Alexander 2012/02/28 15:09:32 (edited)
    NO
    Ava Alexander
    +3
    Well, according to what the left wing media junkets say, they aren't complaining and are more than happy to pay the high prices, so if they did complain, it would be hypocritical, and as we all know, liberals aren't hypocrites, only the right wing are. They believe in everything that Obama is doing and saying, so to complain would only be detrimental to their beliefs that all is right in the world under the rule of Obama and its the best its ever been.
  • gr8punkin 2012/02/28 15:02:17
    NO
    gr8punkin
    +3
    He clearly stated that was his desire during the campaign.
  • Don 2012/02/28 15:01:32
    NO
    Don
    +5
    That won't stop liberals from whinning.
    They will do what they always do - blame everybody but Empty Suit.
    Republicans, Haliburton, Oil Companies, Houston, snail darters, cows, fracking, .....
    +3
    BEACUSE HE DID NOT CAUSE THE HIGH GAS PRICES! Put the blame where the blame belongs... the oil speculators and the big oil companies!
  • Wag Lady Wh... 2012/02/28 15:36:16
    Wag
    Did any one really blame Geo Bush for $4.00 a gal gas. I have always thought that was up to the oil companys and wall street. The right will try and make this a major topic. Like they could do anything different. Keep up the common sense, after reading all the crap in front of your post you would think The President is running the cash register. RWNJs they are all around us...Have a great day
  • J Lady Wh... 2012/02/28 17:55:03
    J
    +1
    Would be easier to do if it were the case. Oil speculators couldn't "speculate" that the price of oil would be so high if there were more availability - or even the promise of it to come. And check out how much oil companies make vs. (oh, say) Google, and what their employees make.
  • drdos1943 Lady Wh... 2012/02/28 19:15:54
    drdos1943
    +2
    Yes, but Obama could correct the situation quickly; but he won't because of his ideology.
  • earl 2012/02/28 14:41:31
    NO
    earl
    +4
    Not fair, most people who voted for Obama can't read this question!
  • Bronar 2012/02/28 14:36:20
    NO
    Bronar
    +4
    Hurts the poor the most yet most are stupid enough to vote for him again?
  • Seonag 2012/02/28 14:35:35
    NO
    Seonag
    +3
    Nor high utility bills, food bills or clothing costs!
  • L K 2012/02/28 14:21:32 (edited)
    L K
    +5
    Oh PULEASE!!! Prices were high in the last administration too and I didn't vote for Bush. He created the mess to begin with. This President has been stuck cleaning up the last administration's mess and gets blamed for all the wrong things. Bush and Daddy Bush were the Oil men who got in bed with the Arabs to begin with, making deals we are suffering from now. If prices are high in Europe that should be a clue as to the fact that it isn't just a U.S. problem. And... Fox News??? Really???
  • Seonag L K 2012/02/28 14:37:33
    Seonag
    +7
    Prices have always been higher in Europe --- most of it is due to the taxes imposed to support their cradle to grave social programs.
  • L K Seonag 2012/02/28 14:59:14
    L K
    I agree. Everything is higher in Europe. My sister and brother-in-law live in London. BTW, Europe likes our president. They disliked his predecessor immensely and made constant fun of him in the tabloids as being an idiot.
  • Demonic... L K 2012/02/28 16:05:23
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +4
    Can we send him to them ? Obama is made fun of and seen as weak and appeasing.
  • L K Demonic... 2012/02/28 23:09:17
    L K
    LOL. Funny!!!
  • Demonic... L K 2012/02/29 00:46:51
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    But True.
  • Lady Wh... L K 2012/02/28 14:50:48
    +1
    EXACTLY!
  • bill L K 2012/02/28 15:18:56 (edited)
    bill
    +3
    Clinton was the one who enforced The Community Reinvestment Act of 1977. ( forcing banks to give sub-prime loans )Clinton also repealed Glass-Steagall Act of 1933. (separated commercial banks from doing business with Wall Street investment houses) This started the whole thing, and George Bush was in Texas!

When Bush was President and gas prices started to rise he told the world that when the oil drilling moratoriums expired ( put there by Democrats) we were going to start drilling and oil prices started falling over-night. That's why when Obama took office, we had a national average gas price of $1.89. How soon we forget!
  • L K bill 2012/02/28 15:36:14
    L K
    There is much more to it than that....it started with Poppa Bush....oil men making business deals with middle eastern big wigs....the world is now in a totally different place...and it is what it is. No matter who was in the WH it would still be a mess because the US gave too much power to countries who produced oil.
  • bill L K 2012/02/28 15:54:07
    bill
    +6
    We are the only country in the world that denies itself it's own natural resources. And what political party is responsible for that?
  • L K bill 2012/02/28 23:10:11 (edited)
    L K
    +1
    THAT responsibility is a combination of parties in my opinion. I have voted since 1972 and we have debated this issues since that time. I had to teach students about energy in school and the resources and choices haven't changed much in the 36 years I have taught school. You can't blame Obama alone. Nobody wanted to really get involved in doing anything. When I first started teaching I bought filmstrips and slides from Florida Power and Light that I used to show students to explain geothermal energy and nuclear power etc. and the same problems still exist today. The only difference is that the filmstrips and slides have people with afro's and bell bottoms. LOL. This has been an issue for decades.
  • bill L K 2012/02/28 23:21:21
    bill
    +1
    You're wrong! It's the Democrats in bed with the environmentalists. And that is not an opinion; it's a fact!
  • L K bill 2012/02/28 23:31:13
    L K
    +1
    I figured you'd say that. I am a Democrat and I am not in bed with anyone. (Darn!!! - I am a widow!!. )
    I am telling you that pretty much nothing has changed in the three decades I have been voting. Each president has ignored the environment and also decided against dangerous ways to produce energy. Study it.....Bush had self interests involved so he does't even count. His family would have made money and that was not ethical. I too think we should revisit our country's resources,but I don't want nuclear energy. I don't think we are responsible enough as a people to hire workers who will take care of the plants.....too dangerous.
  • bill L K 2012/02/28 23:51:52
    bill
    +1
    I don't agree with you about Bush and self-interests besides Bush is no longer in office. You better start taking a good hard look at Obama!
  • L K bill 2012/02/29 00:44:51
    L K
    +2
    I am not thrilled with anyone running. THAT is the problem.
  • bill L K 2012/02/29 13:37:39
    bill
    +1
    I doen't see the problem you either want Socialism or Capitalism, and I'll damned if I want Obama and his Socialism!
  • L K bill 2012/02/29 18:38:04 (edited)
    L K
    Seriously??? Socialism has been infused in democracy since the founding fathers along with capitalism. Ford did it when he developed the assembly line, we do it every time we have standardized state tests in schools....the list goes on. But, that is only by definition, not actually what socialist countries do in reality. America is a democratic nation. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  • Wag L K 2012/02/28 15:38:43
  • drdos1943 L K 2012/02/28 22:47:30 (edited)
    drdos1943
    Yes, the Bush administration was instrumental in creating this mess with the help of a Democratic Congress. His failing was not to use his veto power more often, not that it would have done any good. (By the way, I am no fan of George Bush.)

Obama had, with the help of a totally Democratic Congress for the first year of his administration, the opportunity to correct everything. He did not. Whether from ignorance, inexperience, or incompetence, or his overpowering ideology, he did nothing except initiate a 2700 page Health Care Law which now more than 60% of Americans do not want. This president is a failure...and for the sake of our country, he has got to go
  • L K drdos1943 2012/02/28 23:18:17
    L K
    +1
    I don't see any other viable option. I wish the Republicans had a better option but, in my opinion, they don't. I don;t really like anybody!!!
  • drdos1943 L K 2012/02/28 23:35:59 (edited)
    drdos1943
    Well, it seems that we agree on that issue.

What we need now is a LEADER who has the ability to unite, not one that is divisive...and I do not care from what party he/she is...just as long as he/she has the best interests of of our country at heart above ideology and above party doctrine....any suggestions?
  • L K drdos1943 2012/02/29 00:46:23
    L K
    +1
    No because all the good people I know don't have millions and sadly that is what is takes these days to run for office. THAT is why we are left with the bottom of the barrel. Truly dedicated folks can't afford to run.
  • drdos1943 L K 2012/02/29 01:01:52
    drdos1943
    +1
    That is why campaign contribution reform is necessary. My idea would be that all contributions go into a single pot. Anyone who can obtain the required signatures to run for office by a certain date, then would have equal access to that pot with all the other candidates. No contributions would be allowed for any individual candidate. All would be campaigning with the same amount of money on an equal plain... I'd better dream on. lol
  • L K drdos1943 2012/02/29 01:28:58
    L K
    +2
    It's a good dream!
  • bill L K 2012/02/29 00:03:13
    bill
    +1
    Republicans have a better option it's called Free-Market Capitalism, and it beats the hell out of Obama's European type Socialism.

2014/04/17 21:38:02