Does any one know why most LIBERALS shy away from anything thats patriotic??

hazel 2013/01/07 01:10:35
I have often wondered why most Liberals seem to be uncomfortable when anything PATRIOTIC is going on, why does it seem they have no fire in their bellys about this beloved COUNTRY?? They are always the first to find fault and the last to praise Our flag ie crapping on it and burning it, Ceremonies seem to bore them, many ie President Obama rejects respecting our flag NOT WANTING TO HOLD HAND OVER HEART IN RESPECT.......many dont like the BOY SCOUTS of AMERICA...ie President OBAMA refused to attend the 100th birthday and instead choose to be on the VIEW with joy....I am gonna bet some libbys will say I AM A LIAR ,BUT I HAVE SAID NOTHING THAT ISNT TRUE here

• Scalded Eagle 2013/01/07 04:03:38 (edited)
    Many liberal simply dont love our COUNTRY with a passion
    Scalded Eagle
    +37
    They hate anything American, because they are devout Communists without a clue. Dont Mess with God

• Bibliophilic 2013/04/10 22:01:31
    I have a different answer
    Bibliophilic
    Patriotism is often nothing more than empty words. Hanging up a flag is relatively pointless. However, demanding that veterans receive the benefits they deserve (something that liberal advocate) is far from meaningless.

Oh how quickly patriotism diverges into nationalism in the hands of the far-right. Posting angry signs about Americans speaking "English only" and angry bald eagles services no practical purpose. It can also be divisive and stem from xenophobia.
  • Flamdingo Bibliop... 2013/04/17 13:25:34
    Flamdingo
    +1
    Says the Liberal who happen to be the Kings & Queens of all that IS DIVISIVE in our Country!
  • Bevos 2013/03/27 14:35:45
    Bevos
    +1
    True Patriotism to the United States of America is the COMPLETE opposite of Communism, and MOST of them are Communists. 80 Senators are members of the COMMUNIST PARTY. I think 4 of them are Republicans. Think RINO!!!......... I am not saying most Democrats are Communists, I am saying most Liberal Senators are!!! The ones that RULE the Democrat side!!! And they are VERY against anything Patriotic!!!
  • painted desert 2013/03/26 21:25:00
    I have a different answer
    painted desert
    +1
    I have seen and heard way too many "so called Patriots and Constitutionalists", who think all you have to do is wrap it in a flag and that makes it all right. Why would anyone question their actions or reasons? And I would beg to differ with you on your thoughts of liberals lacking in patriotism. Republicans have no lock on patriotism. A party that presided over a war in which our troops did not get the body armor they needed, or were sending troops over who were untrained because of poor planning, or are not fulfilling the veterans' benefits that these troops need when they come home. Just how many "liberal" men and women have and are fighting and dying in these wars? If that is a show of love for this country, I don't know what is. And I don't think you do either. Why don't you just come out and say you just don't like President Obama, instead of all this other talk. You haven't mentioned any other "liberals" except President Obama. And things you don't like about his actions. I have seen one time when the President didn't hold his hand over his heart. That doesn't mean he doesn't love this country. That is his choice, and if you went to football and baseball games around this country you would see others who don't either. Doesn't mean they don't love this country. Again, w...
    I have seen and heard way too many "so called Patriots and Constitutionalists", who think all you have to do is wrap it in a flag and that makes it all right. Why would anyone question their actions or reasons? And I would beg to differ with you on your thoughts of liberals lacking in patriotism. Republicans have no lock on patriotism. A party that presided over a war in which our troops did not get the body armor they needed, or were sending troops over who were untrained because of poor planning, or are not fulfilling the veterans' benefits that these troops need when they come home. Just how many "liberal" men and women have and are fighting and dying in these wars? If that is a show of love for this country, I don't know what is. And I don't think you do either. Why don't you just come out and say you just don't like President Obama, instead of all this other talk. You haven't mentioned any other "liberals" except President Obama. And things you don't like about his actions. I have seen one time when the President didn't hold his hand over his heart. That doesn't mean he doesn't love this country. That is his choice, and if you went to football and baseball games around this country you would see others who don't either. Doesn't mean they don't love this country. Again, wrap it in a flag and call it patriotic. As far as him not going to the Boy Scouts 100th anniversary, I don't really know. He could have had the talk show planned ahead, or he could have been sending out a message about the Scouts not excepting Gays? But until you know the whole story, stop making assumptions.
  • bigfoot 2013/03/26 19:39:20 (edited)
    I have a different answer
    bigfoot
    +2
    I am a Liberal.So I'll speak for myself.Patriotism like Religion is a very personal matter.Patriotism means you accept and will practice all the beliefs that America was founded on.No one I have ever heard of has been able to meet this challenge.Republican Conservatives will go to great lengths to publically demonstrate symbolically with flag pins,hands over their hearts,speech and bluster ,how patriotic they are.However,their political actions,bigoted speech,statement of American Values with conditions attached for everyone but themselves,contradicts American Patriotism.So much so this public display of Right Wing Republican Conservative patriotism is insincere,objectionable and embarrassing.Look no further than on Soda Head.What makes the ignorant and stupid on Soda Head,think by using patriotic avatars[flags,eagles,]while at the same time spewing hatred,bigotry and without merit stupid rhetoric contradicting everything America stands for some how means they are patriots.I will again attempt to make you understand there are two Americas.RWNJ Conservative america :dominated and governed by yesterdays all knowing and powerful Republican corporatist males.And the real America of diversity.RWNJ Patriots think this over.Why are you Ignoring The Will Of The People?The People rejected all your policies.And accepted all of Obama's .Why are you RWNJ Patriots obstructing his policies????????????????????? Mr/Mrs/Ms Patriot :I Can't Hear You!!!
  • robinsw... bigfoot 2013/03/27 16:10:49
    robinswebnest
    +1
    That's because you don't listen. I could pick apart you post, but as I said, you don't bother to listen to anything that is different from your narrow minded beliefs. I am not a repub, but I also am not a liberal. You accuse others of being ignorant and stupid. I suggest you take a closer look at yourself.
  • bigfoot robinsw... 2013/03/27 17:22:04 (edited)
    bigfoot
    +2
    What was the purpose of your comment? You just wasted space.I don't listen because you don't say anything of substance.Just like the above comment.Your problem is you know my statements are true.Therefore you have no factual response.Your own Conservative Leaders refer to the Republican Party as the Stupid Party.
  • robinsw... bigfoot 2013/03/27 21:17:29
    robinswebnest
    +1
    Thanks for proving my point....just another useful sheeple....or are you one of those 3500 idiot children paid to come on these sites and try to disrupt conversation with your idiocy?
    Oh, and just for the record, I am not a repub. Both parties are the same....liars, and crooks. Just goes to prove the statement that fits you and your kind....'you can't fix stupid'.
  • bigfoot robinsw... 2013/03/27 21:34:45 (edited)
    bigfoot
    +1
    Your comment implies,you don't even vote.Futhermore,you disrupted the conversation by directing your unrequested nonsense to me.However I do agree with you "you can't fix stupid".So I strongly urge you to put your mirror down and return to playing in your sand box.
  • robinsw... bigfoot 2013/03/28 00:08:10
    robinswebnest
    +1
    Oh my....I hit another nerve. Guess what? This is a public forum....not your own private insult section.
    I do vote.....but it isn't any of your business what party. I can assure you that I was not stupid enough to vote for obama.
    What a lame attempt to call me stupid....so funny and so childish...reminds me of the saying little children say.....uh uh, I said it first....nuh uh, I did.
    Your delusions show in your name, there is nothing big about you but your ego. Now, I am done with you...but you go ahead and continue spewing your childish silliness. I won't bother to respond. Why? Because it is silly to have a battle of wits with someone who is so obviously unarmed. bye bye
  • painted... bigfoot 2013/03/27 17:32:35
    painted desert
    +2
    Bravo.
  • hazel bigfoot 2013/04/10 22:54:26
  • bigfoot hazel 2013/04/10 23:15:22
    bigfoot
    +1
    God Bless America .It does not say,RWNJs Must Bless America.
  • hazel bigfoot 2013/04/11 00:02:10
    hazel
    HUH
  • bigfoot hazel 2013/04/11 22:32:38
    bigfoot
    The America you think you remember never existed.Other than in the imagination of the RWNJs.
  • hazel bigfoot 2013/04/21 07:47:12 (edited)
    hazel
    AND THE COW JUMPED OVER THE MOON
  • bigfoot hazel 2013/04/21 20:56:05
    bigfoot
    Exactly! You did leave out the question mark.Seeing cows jumping over the moon,finding four leaf clovers ,gold at the end of rainbows, a gun and Bible in every home,all women bare foot and pregnant,the sick and poor out of sight and silent, the Wealthy&Powerful living in luxury, the Conservative utopian American contradiction to everything real America, stands for are all part of the alternative universe occupied by you RWNJs.Thats the America You remember and celebrate with your patriotism. Oooopppsss! Jack&Jill are going up the hill with an empty pail.Do condoms exist in your alternative universe?
  • hazel bigfoot 2013/04/21 20:59:33
    hazel
    CARRY ON FOOL .I LIVE IN A WORLD WITH TRUTH,..... YOU CAN CONTINUE WITH THE FAIRY TALES THATS WHAT PEOPLE IN GERMANY DID AND THE 1000 THAT FELL AT THE FEET OF JIM JONES
  • bigfoot hazel 2013/04/21 21:26:53
    bigfoot
    HA!HA! !HA!HA! Wake Up! You are a Jim Jones follower and a duplicate copy of a Nazi dupe.Only here you are called "patriot." Or a Great American.As defined by the RWNJs in the alternative universe.I asure you ,you will not find anything resembling truth there.
  • hazel bigfoot 2013/04/21 21:54:41
  • hazel bigfoot 2013/04/21 07:47:48
  • bigfoot hazel 2013/04/21 20:58:28
    bigfoot
    Celine is from Canada.Enough said.
  • hazel bigfoot 2013/04/21 21:55:48
    hazel
    THANK GOD ,YOU ARE BORING
  • hazel bigfoot 2013/04/21 07:45:46
    hazel
    THERE ARE NONE SO DEAF AS THOSE WHO REFUSE TO HEAR
  • bigfoot hazel 2013/04/21 20:27:57
    bigfoot
    AND NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO REFUSE TO SEE.
  • hazel bigfoot 2013/04/21 21:00:20
  • hazel hazel 2013/04/21 21:56:03
    hazel
    I WIN AGAIN
  • Bob Anderson 2013/03/26 15:50:45
  • robinswebnest 2013/03/26 15:10:26
    Many liberals will put you down if you stand up too much for our Country, our...
    robinswebnest
    +2
    The main reason for this attitude is the emulate the obamas' attitudes. The stupid thing is they would not be able to exhibit this attitude in communist countries, but that is where we are headed. They make such useful tools.
  • Phyllis Murphy 2013/03/26 14:06:36
    Phyllis Murphy
    +3
    Could it be that they are operating under the wrong name? Socialist, Marxist would be more appropriate for the crusade from these denizens of darkness who are hell bent on kicking and stomping to death that is sacred under God, starting with freedom of thought and religion. Universities have been pretty much under the control of these freaks since the 80's and now it seems the maurading ant swarm of slime is moving into elementary education and high school...heaven help our children, our nation.
  • hazel Phyllis... 2013/03/26 14:54:38
  • Big Daddy 2013/03/26 11:45:28 (edited)
    Big Daddy
  • Dwight PWCM 2013/03/26 11:13:37
    Dwight PWCM
    +2
    Most don't mind Having the Libertys that come with being a U.S. citizen. They just don't believe them worth defending.
  • Purple Pinto ~PWCM~JLA 2013/03/26 10:29:55
    I have a different answer
    Purple Pinto ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Because deep down, the underlying truth is that they disdain the true underpinnings of our nation and want to destroy them. In their world, the utopian fantasy is the desired end result, whether it be accomplished by overt or covert measures.

Believe me, in some cases, I don't think even they realize how much disdain there is between their true ideology and what our Founders created. Some are honest with themselves about it, some have themselves convinced the Constitution says what they want it to, rather than what it does indeed say. When they begin to recognize the Constitution keeps them FROM doing all for a man whether he wants his government to or not, that's when the classic, '....just a bunch of rich white men with slaves...' crap comes out. Having studied some of these men myself, I don't allow them to shake me from my grounding of history.

Learn your truths in history and human nature, and what these challengers to our great nation are about makes a whole lot more sense. You'll waste less time and energy fretting over them or battling them. You'll know a lost cause from an intelligent but confused person. In it's most basic sense, its the difference between those of us who believe in the nature of God and man as His creation vs. those of us who will tell y...

Learn your truths in history and human nature, and what these challengers to our great nation are about makes a whole lot more sense. You'll waste less time and energy fretting over them or battling them. You'll know a lost cause from an intelligent but confused person. In it's most basic sense, its the difference between those of us who believe in the nature of God and man as His creation vs. those of us who will tell you out of one side of their mouths that 'equality' is what it's all about, then proceed to set a course where one man or a group of men will decide what/how/whom and when for the remainder of society. Where the participants in this 'equality' scheme are all equally miserable, controlled, and destitute. A stealing of all man's natural rights by an egomaniacal leader who knows what's best for all beneath him/her and will go to great lengths to keep them in control and unaware.

They can't afford to be truly patriotic. The question then becomes, how many are truly good people that don't yet understand they've been duped?
  • Jackie 2013/03/26 05:17:32
    I have a different answer
    Jackie
    +2
    I think our Liberal MSM, our country's entertainment media of glorifying hedonistic behavior of anything goes to become rich and famous, the systematic dismantling of any mention of God or Jesus in our country because it's supposedly "offensive", along with the Liberals/Progressives in our government with their mentality that it "takes a village"(government indoctrination) to raise our children now instead of A FAMILY, and our public schools and colleges that are now infiltrated with far left teachers and professors teaching their far left anti-American Liberal beliefs INSTEAD of EDUCATING our children with FACTS along with having PRIDE to be an American..is WHY there are more and more un-patriotic youth in our country now.
  • Phyllis... Jackie 2013/03/26 14:13:16
    Phyllis Murphy
    +1
    Thank you Jackie! Have lived a long time and am really fearful for my precious children and grandchilren's future in America. Have advised one son to look around for a different country. I do not think we have seen anything yet! The mongrel infiltration seems to be in our face when watching news and behaviors of news media and inaction of politicians....Our youth are not taught anything patriotic, in fact, history is being distorted to make early America out as ogres..given settlers truly did some terrible things, thanks to Gen. Andrew jackson when he set about to drive our wonderful Indian Tribes onto reservations in the middle of winter with inadequate food and clothing....this travesty is haunting and I wish it could have been different! Blacks have everything available and need to stop whining and stay in school and be glad they aren't on a reservation....many black politicians drifting into muslim thoughts and speaking out against America....so the whole scenario is frightening everywhere in our country...God help us!
  • hazel Phyllis... 2013/03/26 14:55:57
    hazel
    JACKIE AND PHYLLIS GREAT POSTS
  • Shawna 2013/03/26 04:58:03
    I have a different answer
    Shawna
    +3
    I am a Canadian. I appear to be left to most people on sodahead though I consider myself centre and for a Canadian I am probably more centre than left. I am not attached to any party left or right. Here is what I think, based on my understanding of the liberal ideals:

Liberals can get a bit tangled in their attempts to be tolerant and inclusive. This is not a bad thing but in my opinion it can get a bit carried away. I think everyone has the right to define what patriotism means for himself/herself and for some it means trying to create a country where everyone feels welcome and comfortable. I think it is well meant but I do not always agree with the path it takes.
  • Tiger F... Shawna 2013/03/26 13:03:03
    Tiger Fan ~DsD~
    +1
    You are talking about Canadian liberals ?
  • Shawna Tiger F... 2013/03/26 18:52:31
    Shawna
    +2
    No, I am talking about liberals in general. This is the understanding I get from the ones I talk to online, the people I talk to in my offline life and the general principles of liberalism.
    The definition of patriotism is love of one's country and willingness to sacrifice for it. The definition doesn't exactly say what one sacrifices or how one sacrifices. It is often understood as being a sacrifice of one's life, but it is not easy to test or prove anyone's willingness to do that. For years fighting in a war was not something women did yet we cannot say women are not patriotic. When there is no war going on, no opportunity to prove one's willingness to die, do we then refuse to believe anyone is patriotic? Some, though not all liberals are anti-war. This still doesn't mean they would not sacrifice their life if their turf were invaded. It means they think there are other solutions or that the war in question is not actually a threat to their turf.

I think that accusing someone of not being patriotic is about as valid as accusing someone of not being spiritual. The instances in which you could be sure that a person is not patriotic, or not spiritual are rather rare and would mostly be a case of the person actually saying so.

2014/10/25 07:55:18