Documents Show DHS Lied to Congress About Big Brother Policies Regarding Social Internet Spying.

safari 2012/02/27 06:02:58
Knowing that Big Brother is watching does not affect my social network comments
I am more careful about my comments knowing that big brother is watching the networks.
I don't make nearly as many comments as I used to due to the Big Brother DHS internet policies.
I stopped commenting about politics due to the DHS big brother spying.
I never comment about politics but this still concerns me.
I never comment about politics so I don't care.
THE QUESTION IS:

Does Knowing Big Brother is Watching Affect Your Social Network Comments?

Excerpts:

The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) has been leading a valiant effort to reveal the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS’s) Big Brother policies which include spying on Americans’ activity on social networks, especially people who express dissenting opinions.

“The DHS testimony, as well as the documents obtained by EPIC, indicate that the agency is monitoring constantly, under very broad search terms, and is not limiting that monitoring to events or activities related to natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or man made disasters,” McCall explained to lawmakers. “The monitoring is designed to be over-broad, and sweeps in large amounts of First Amendment activity. The DHS has no legal authority to engage in this monitoring.”

The manual that is used to determine what the agency is looking for is found HERE.

They have called for Congress to conduct an investigation into if these same practices are going on within the ranks of other government agencies – which I think is a given.

It seems especially likely when one considers the Air Force’s call for so-called persona management software, along with their call to create a worldwide “social radar” which would make the DHS program look like child’s play.

There are many more details regarding what has been discovered about the DHS internet spying since the hearings and the entire article can be found HERE.

Read More: http://theintelhub.com/2012/02/24/documents-show-d...

+13
    YET .. why is the msm strangely SILENT about this .. (IF they actually did reporting .. real investigative journalism .. they'd be up 24/7 spilling this story all over the place .. but then again -- especially if it was done by another Administration .. )

(AND there's no attempt to prosecute the ones who signed all these memos either .. or wrote those policies .. or enabled it ..)

• H H 2012/03/05 02:14:43
    H H
    Big Brother surely knows by now that I am a dissident.
  • SodaBrain 2012/02/29 19:37:35
    I am more careful about my comments knowing that big brother is watching the ...
    SodaBrain
    I have been, but since I know the Galactic Federation of Light is going to help humanity at large, I know I really don't have to worry!
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/02/28 00:46:46
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    I step up my game when threatened. Obama is a communist, Marxist, narcissistic traitor. Congress is so corrupt and they should all be jailed or hanged for various crimes against the people they represent. Muslims are terrorists. No, maybe the little lady whose kids go to your kids school looks normal, but if the Taliban stood before her she's going to side with them rather than fight with us.

Department of Home Security is run by a crazy, ugly, dyke bitch and they can come and get me. I'm home now but I'll be out later this evening.
  • shultzhound 2012/02/27 21:26:41
  • Stoney 2012/02/27 17:57:18
    Stoney
    +4
    Why should we worry about it now?.....this 'spying' on the Public started at least back to the 70's......probably further back than that. The only solution that I can see is a MAJOR OVERHAUL of The System........nothing else! All the nit-picking "tempests in a teapot"(no pun intended) that are thrown-out by the MSM are just part of the Game of diverting attention away from The Solution!
    conspiracy
  • D D 2012/02/27 17:34:48
    D D
    +3
    I do hold back some. I don't go to some sites that I know are considered extremest. If I disappear it is NDAA or the Patriot Act.
  • Louisa ... D D 2012/02/28 00:49:35
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +2
    Well, if we don't visit extremist websites we won't know what's going on. MSM won't tell us the truth so we have to find it out for ourselves.
  • D D Louisa ... 2012/02/28 10:40:29
    D D
    +1
    Who knows, maybe the ones I go to are considered extreme. I don't.
  • Autarchic 2012/02/27 16:43:02
    Autarchic
    +6
    They cannot put us all in prison!
  • Walt Autarchic 2012/02/27 18:56:16
    Walt
    +5
    Yes, but they can try.
  • D D Autarchic 2012/02/28 10:40:52
    D D
    +1
    That is what those FEMA centers are for,
  • Alien Ramone 2012/02/27 16:17:12
    Alien Ramone
    +4
    I've been making my views known for years. There would be no point in hedging on them now, but when I'm on messenger with friends talking about more personal things, I'm conscious of the possibility that what I'm typing may be recorded in a data bank or that key words may trigger some type of monitoring.
  • Stoney Alien R... 2012/02/27 17:58:32
    Stoney
    +3
    me too
  • Maria 2012/02/27 15:14:03
    Maria
    +2
    does not fear me at all..I have nothing to hide...
  • BIGK27 2012/02/27 13:45:48 (edited)
    BIGK27
    +6
    I said it before and I'll say it again, you know where I live...and if you can't find me at home, I have a big RED four door Dodge diesel truck with a bumper sticker Bumper sticker Obama Sucks
    Now what were we talking about?
  • JT For Political Reform 2012/02/27 13:33:19
    JT For Political Reform
    +4
    Freedom is pretty much just a word today.
  • Seonag 2012/02/27 12:51:58
    Seonag
    +8
    At my age, I really don't care if they are spying on me. It only makes me more determined to enlighten my neighbors and fellow citizens on the abuses of our Government!
  • Stoney Seonag 2012/02/27 17:59:18
    Stoney
    +3
    same here
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2012/02/27 11:55:18
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +4
    Going to the documentation asap, just Wanna reply first;

Knowing that someone is not just listening, but is taking notes of what I say/write does have an effect upon whither I write/speak, what I write/say, or if I remain silent. There are moments when silence is best, and those moments are of tactical or strategic import.
    However, the base premise should be thus; We will all die, but while we live, our lives MUST be the struggle for perfection, for happiness.

Is enslavement perfection?
    Is fear, happiness?

Throw them away, as being unworthy of your time or effort. Stand when the time comes, and be justified.
  • MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥ 2012/02/27 10:26:30 (edited)
    MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥
    +8
    As a Veteran Napalotano has already labeled me a "possible terrorist".
  • Stoney MAMMY51... 2012/02/27 18:00:23
    Stoney
    +2
    sad but true
  • STU~PWCM~JLA~POTL~AFCL 2012/02/27 10:21:16
    STU~PWCM~JLA~POTL~AFCL
    +8
    I hope they catch me and complain - I'd love to give them the one finger salute in person!
  • Walt 2012/02/27 08:18:37
    Walt
    +10
    I figure if they're going to eavesdrop on my phone calls to my family, spy on my posts on SH, monitor everything about my life, by now they know I am a capitalist, that I place a high value on the Constitution, that I hate communists, and that I vote for the most Conservative candidates.

Nothing I say at this point will save me from being tossed in a FEMA cell, so I may as well exert my 1st Amendment rights while the shreds of the Constitution are still in play.
  • Bozette Walt 2012/02/27 08:53:33
    Bozette
    +6
    Exactly.
  • D D Walt 2012/02/27 17:41:16
    D D
    +3
    They know what I am all about already. Too late to hide.
  • Stoney D D 2012/02/27 18:02:09
    Stoney
    +2
    Yea.......that's a sure way to get their attention even more!
  • D D Stoney 2012/02/27 19:51:58
    D D
    +1
    I pretty much say what Walt said and I get this response and he gets...ok?
  • Stoney D D 2012/02/27 21:23:35 (edited)
    Stoney
    Reading down the page....from Top to Bottom....I came upon Walts post first & responded accordingly.........what's the problem?
  • D D Stoney 2012/02/27 21:38:01 (edited)
    D D
    +1
    No biggie
  • Stoney Walt 2012/02/27 18:01:25
    Stoney
    +2
    Stated my thinking precisely.........thanks!
  • Theresa 2012/02/27 08:15:10
    Theresa
    +7
    I am wondering what is Congress going to do about these blatant lying to congress these regulatory agencies seem to always do?
  • Bozette Theresa 2012/02/27 08:52:53
    Bozette
    +2
    The same thing they always do...not much, if anything.
  • D D Theresa 2012/02/27 17:41:37
    D D
    +1
    Nothing.
  • Theresa D D 2012/02/27 18:07:18
    Theresa
    +2
    That is so true! This is the worst Congress EVER! All these horrendous violations but never one conviction!
  • momma-o... Theresa 2012/02/29 22:34:33
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    It's not lying when it's done with like minded folks, they call it "comparing notes"
  • bleep 2012/02/27 07:41:40
  • Louisa ... bleep 2012/02/28 00:53:12
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    I'm not going to change my habits because I don't do anything illegal. I'm pretty much just talking about this crappy administration and congress.
  • goatman112003 2012/02/27 07:18:46
    goatman112003
    +7
    The question is how long has this crap been done and how many of us are going to visit Cuba all expenses paid.
  • Bozette goatman... 2012/02/27 08:08:25
    Bozette
    +8
    Gitmo isn't big enough...if you pay cash for coffee at an internet cafe your actions are suspicious, or act like a nice guy, or use a video camera... With thinking such as that, how many people in this country would NOT fall under suspicion?
  • goatman... Bozette 2012/02/27 08:12:30
    goatman112003
    +7
    Look they would put who they consider leaders in that summer palace. The rest they would reeducate in some makeshift Gulag somewhere. Remember only 10% are leaders, the rest followers. Make the leaders disappear and the followers will bend.

2014/09/20 17:18:00