Do you want American troops to leave Afghanistan in 2014?

Flying Dutchman 2012/10/21 05:54:31
Barack Obama wants to be out in 2014, Romney/Ryan don't want to set a fixed date. What do you prefer, staying or leaving.

• Sapphire 2012/10/27 01:55:24
    No, we need to keep fighting the taliban and terrorist to keep American safe.
    Sapphire
    Terrorism is spreading and it is threatening America's safety besides something might come up in the near future. No one was talking about terrorism in America until the attack on the Twin Towers.
  • LMA 2012/10/22 20:48:36
    Yes, its not worth the lives and the money to stay there any longer.
    LMA
    +1
    Afghanistan is where empires go to die.
  • Marc m 2012/10/22 03:51:42
    Marc m
    +1
    I want them home tomorrow if we would quit pussy footing around they could be. We should annihilate the terrorist so badly & quickly that they will NEVER EVER EVER dream of attacking any other nation much less the USA
  • Florence Doucet 2012/10/21 15:54:27
    Florence Doucet
    The troops are long overdue to be pulled out in my opinion. So lets get them out of there, the sooner the better
  • Moonage 2012/10/21 15:10:59
    Moonage
    +1
    I wanted them out before Obama took office. I knew if we were there when Obama took over we'd be stuck there. The man's military skills are pathetic. He said we couldn't handle two wars then promptly attacked Libya and walked away. Wanna guess what the result of that was? Anyways, we're there as long as Obama's in office because we can't "win" Afghanistan and there is nothing to gain if we did. Obama has no mission for Afghanistan other than getting out in some politically correct way. By trying to appease all sides, he's just getting our troops killed now. If we're not going to stay, then we need out right now. Picking a date in the future just tells the enemy all they have to do is wait us out and they've won.
  • Dickens 2012/10/21 14:15:02 (edited)
    Dickens
    +3
    ...there was not even a MARGINALLY intelligent reason for us to have EVER been there in the first place. The only reason we were there was to transfer taxpayer money to bush's war-profiteer cronies!!..we need to leave that cesspool YESTERDAY!! Let the Afghanis lead their own lives and run their own country (we can't even run our OWN country..)
  • I. Car Rus Dickens 2012/10/21 16:03:19
    I. Car Rus
    +2
    I can't agree entirely with you on this. We should not have lingered after flushing the Taliban, but we had to go. Yes, its a shame that many wealthy people became more wealthy on the blood of others, but isn't that the case in most modern warfare?
  • Dickens I. Car Rus 2012/10/21 16:09:17 (edited)
    Dickens
    +2
    ..no Afghanis did anything to us, hence there was NO reason for us to be there other than the transfer of money from, in this case Social Security, to war profiteers..(and yes, bush 2nd took $800 BILLION from S.S. to pay for it..and after reagan, bush and clinton had already robbed S.S. to pay off THEIR war profiteers)
  • Todd Parsons 2012/10/21 14:10:25
    Todd Parsons
    +2
    I want them to come home....but we really need to finish what we started... otherwise all those men that died will have been for nothing.
  • Cierra 2012/10/21 13:31:30 (edited)
    Cierra
    +2
    I would love for them to leave ASAP, but that will never happen. There will always be some American soldiers in Afghan because there is fear that if the US pulls out all their soldiers, the Taliban and other terrorist groups will come over here.
  • Phil 2012/10/21 12:52:18
    Phil
    +3
    I want them leave NOW!
    +2
    We should leave some smaller units there (as we should have in Iraq) for information purposes; we cannot be idiots and think that just leaving will solve any security problems for us.
  • 9th of 9 2012/10/21 12:05:25
    9th of 9
    +2
    Start now.
  • ed 2012/10/21 12:02:15
    ed
    +3
    but why wait until then ,bring them home now. bring our troops home now bring our troops home now
  • mal 2012/10/21 11:52:44
    mal
    +2
    I want them to leave now...
  • Chaya2010 2012/10/21 11:44:43 (edited)
    Chaya2010
    +3
    Sadly for those theocratic, religiously indoctrinated throwbacks staying will prove futile. As soon as the US and coalition troops leave things will revert back to the way they were in less than a decade.

Those people need to evolve in their own way, lets secure our respective borders, halt all immigration from these nations and only intervene if they pose a direct threat ie: export terror or nuclear material that can harm us.
  • Flying ... Chaya2010 2012/10/21 11:48:30
    Flying Dutchman
    +3
    Good thinking.
  • Cierra Chaya2010 2012/10/21 13:33:17
    Cierra
    +2
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • BlackwinterG36C 2012/10/21 09:51:14
    BlackwinterG36C
    +2
    I want our troops to leave when we win! If US troops leave the Taliban will just take the country back and we will have to come back all over again. If we quit now all that sacrifice will be for nothing.
  • KingdomNow 2012/10/21 09:37:59
    KingdomNow
    +2
    Sooner, if possible. There was never any need to invade in the first place. The Pentagon threw the Taliban under the bus for a US presence in the region.
  • Harley Squiggles the God \(... 2012/10/21 09:17:14
    Harley Squiggles the God \(#o#)/
    +2
    No, I want them to leave in 2012...now.
  • imaDORKandideservehatiget 2012/10/21 09:16:44
    imaDORKandideservehatiget
    +4
    That war isnt doing anything but making the rich military/industrialists richer.
  • ZirconiumWit 2012/10/21 09:14:54
    ZirconiumWit
    +2
    Get my cousin outta there.
  • ♥▀Acid Doll▀♥ 2012/10/21 09:14:03
    ♥▀Acid Doll▀♥
    +2
    unless they want another vietnam , we best pull out asap , cause now its going to be an endless fight , you cant stop them you can only hold it down a bit they will just keep spawning like flys
  • GoDucks5 2012/10/21 09:10:13
    GoDucks5
    +2
    Obama is an idiot for saying we will be out in 2014 though. We aren't going to win against the Taliban though. My cousin Luke will be deployed there in January though.
  • I. Car Rus 2012/10/21 06:31:23
    I. Car Rus
    +3
    Yes, and not because I believe that will solve the problem but precisely the opposite: that the problem is unsolveable and more wasted treasure and lives won't make a difference. I am concerned however that there will be mass slaughter when we leave unless we take refugees out of the country. It would be inhumane not to.

2014/07/25 11:18:22