Do You Think the U.S. Should Stop Deporting Young Immigrants? (Obama Does)

SodaHead News 2012/06/15 23:15:45
Barack Obama made headlines Friday as he stated that his administration will no longer deport young illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. when they were children. His announcement, as expected, was met with part-joy and part-skepticism -- as well as a heckler who constantly kept interrupting the president as he spoke.

"These are young people who study in our schools, they play in our neighborhoods, they're friends with our kids, they pledge allegiance to our flag. They are Americans in their heart, in their minds, in every single way but one: on paper," the president said in his speech Friday morning. But he was also quick to add that this is not a permanent answer. "This is not amnesty. This is not immunity. This is not a path to citizenship... It's not a permanent fix," Obama said. Do you think the U.S. should stop deporting young immigrants?

• nanmx MissFor... 2012/06/16 17:31:37
    nanmx
    +2
    This is the history of every country's history.. You've all been brainwashed by the media, public education, college, etc... The few scattered Indians here certainly had no claim to this huge property called America...they had their place but were so brutal it was impossible at a point to coexist with some tribes... The books and historymakers have skewed all history against white Americans because they hate them...they are liars and manipulators...they hate all western cultures because they stand in the way of their global domination.... this is the true reality... America is always compared with this utopian image of perfection and always found wanting...I'm sick of it! We are the best it gets...find me another nation as good, compassionate and decent as America - afterall isn't this why everyone is fighting to get within our borders... The global lelites are destroying all that is good with America rapidly, but it is still the best - I wouldn't live anywhere else.
  • Christy nanmx 2012/06/16 17:40:20
  • Rick Peace F... 2012/06/16 15:36:58
    Rick
    +1
    What part of illegal do you not understand? I'm sorry these people need t be deported along with their famlies. they can learn their native tongue and help their country or origin with the benefits they received from being here sucking off the taxpayers dime in many instances.

If this is to be then "No discount on college they must pay out of state tuition" No voting until they take the oath of citizenship, unless you serve 4 years in the military." I prefer the latter!

DEPORT All NOW!!!! including ilk! Rules of law are what found this country. they may not be the best but they are what we have until changed. Until then Laws are Laws! When we stop enforcing them we become a Lawless Country!

IMPEACH the POS currently in office!
    This is unconstitutional and he needs to be dealt with, NOW!
  • Nadia C... Rick 2012/06/16 17:01:29 (edited)
    Nadia Carmona
    Let me just tell you. That Asians are considered immigrants as well. Many were not born here and they came here on boats. Mexicans aren't the only immigrants! So when the people vote no that means they want Asians, Mexicans, French. Puerto Ricans and any another people reported. Sorry just thought u should learn who are immigrants too!
  • Rick Nadia C... 2012/06/17 05:22:57
    Rick
    I never brought up the race card or ethnicity of any race! You are pushing th race card not me! I don't what color or race being here illegally is a crime. That stands for anybody! Period!!!!!
  • JCD aka... Rick 2012/06/16 21:13:53
    JCD aka "biz"
    God-hating Right-Wingers want to deport all young people who have spent most of their lives in America.
    The Catholic Church, and even the National Association of Evangelicals don't. They are REAL Christians, not CINOs, "Christians In Name Only".
    I don't know about the Mormon "Church", though.
  • Rick JCD aka... 2012/06/17 05:30:04
    Rick
    I don't agree with the Catholic chuch either. They have alot of hate and bigotry throughout their past and still do. Shame on them. Laws are laws and to be followed. I bet you pull out the race card and use religion as you see fit when it benefits you! If your here illegaly deport your self! I can't wait till we get a president thast has balls that will take dcare of this problem once and for all. I'd throw anybody in prison for 10 years and put them to work at hard labor to pay for their felony crime of entering this country illegally! this is like most other countries. We are to soft here! Say what you want, you cannot change the mind of real Americans that have fought and bled for this country.
  • JCD aka... Rick 2012/06/17 07:47:51
    JCD aka "biz"
    1) I live in my own country (France) and they can't very well deport me. Some government officials might love the idea, though, because I still organize citizens' protests, which are often successful (I'm 72).

2° you are clearly not "too soft". Your incarceration rate (please check international statistics) is five to ten times HIGHER than in all other Western countries. Around 500,000 prisoners in 1980, one million in 1990, more than two million today.
    Are American people really so much worse than us?
    I don't think so.

3) You claim that America is a Christian country, "under God".
    Well, most American Churches today support treating illegal immigrants humanely, including Evangelicals (one reason is that Hispanics is the fastest-growing segment of their membership).
  • CODE 11 Peace F... 2012/06/16 16:29:54
    CODE 11
    We are not talking about people that were born here. Their citizens..a whole 'nother argument
  • Nekosarethebest 2012/06/16 15:01:16
    Nekosarethebest
  • Stephen Colbert 2012/06/16 14:59:57
    I'm not sure
    Stephen Colbert
    It's quite funny to see the Politics going on here. Republican Senator Marco Rubio was proposing a bill to do just this, but - of course - it would be LEGAL when Congress did it compared to the decidedly ILLEGAL aspect of an Executive decision like this. Now, thanks to Obama's scheming, Rubio's bill is unnecessary and Rubio looks like a fool for going on a limb to try and actually negotiate with the Democrats for a permanent solution.
  • Studied Stephen... 2012/06/16 15:36:01
    Studied
    You got that absolutely correct, I have long been saying that during this election cycle, the Republicans need to keep their plans and ideas to themselves. Obama who has not had a single original idea or solution to any problem seems to be very quick to jump on the Republicans ideas and claim them for himself.
  • JCD aka... Stephen... 2012/06/16 21:05:07
    JCD aka "biz"
    Does Mitt "flip flop" Romney support Rubio's bill?
  • Studied JCD aka... 2012/06/17 15:06:35
    Studied
    Actuallly he has stated he supports much of Rubio's bill in the past.
  • WOJO 2012/06/16 14:58:47
    WOJO
    +5
    This man is is trouble and trying to get votes from Latino illegals. We don't need him anymore to tell us what to do. I have nothing against Latinos if they are legal!Al people should be legal residents but just because they were born here by illegal parents does not make them legal. Obama should know this because he is as illegal as it gets!
  • harry 2012/06/16 14:46:31
    I'm not sure
    harry
    We have worst problems in this country, then a few immigrants that actually also pay taxes and consul our goods.
  • Studied harry 2012/06/16 15:36:33
    Studied
    +2
    While they pay sales tax, they do not pay Income Taxes.
  • CODE 11 harry 2012/06/16 16:34:51
    CODE 11
    +2
    800,000 of them taking jobs from citizens
  • C.A. 2012/06/16 14:27:35
    C.A.
    +5
    10 years old, 15 years old, 30 years old or 80 years old. If you are an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, Yes they study in our schools, paid by our tax money, which is taken away from our kids. So hell yes, you are illegal in this country, so you have to go, no matter what age. There are millions of immigrants who did it the right way and filed all the paperwork and paid the ridiculous fees to the government and for their attorneys. So if you leave those in the country that didn't do it right, you spit right in the face of those who went through the process. Get lost Obama and stop ruining this county, you are an Idiot.
  • George ... C.A. 2012/06/16 15:01:18
    George Roesly
    +1
    Do you file your taxes without cheating? Every citizen in the United States committees an illegal act. Some may accomplish these acts on a daily basis. Many criminals don’t get caught on their first offense. These people wouldn’t be here if their law breaking employers wouldn’t hire them. The people who hire these aliens are breaking a law approved by Congress and signed by President Reagan.Did you know that Cuban citizens are considered a legal alien when they step on American Soil?
  • Studied George ... 2012/06/16 15:38:27
    Studied
    +2
    "Every citizen in the United States commits an illegal act?" What kind of friends do you have that you feel everyone cheats?
  • CODE 11 George ... 2012/06/16 16:37:22 (edited)
    CODE 11
    Thank JFK for that one..He screwed up the bay of pigs.
  • Studied George ... 2012/06/17 15:07:41
    Studied
    Of course, I live in Florida
  • C.A. George ... 2012/06/22 03:30:41
    C.A.
    Uhm ... yes I do file my taxes to the best of my knowledge, which means I do not cheat. And you are also right when you say that if the companies who hire illegals would be punished harder, it would harder for illegals to survive here. And yes I do know about the Wet-foot-dry-foot policy for Cubans, and quite honestly I don't agree with that at all. Why the Cubans? Why don't extend the same right for Haitians or Jamaicans? You should read this article about Cubans in Miami. http://www.thefloridacitizen.... ... Cubans have the highest percentage in crimes in Miami than any other ethnicity. But that aside, I really don't know what that has to do with the fact that illegal aliens are illegal aliens and should be treated as such. I did it the right way and paid a lot of dollars to the government to go through the process and do it right, and I wouldn't have done it any other way. Yes I am an immigrant, only difference, I respect this country and follow the procedures and I'm proud of that and most of all, I am grateful that the Americans allowed me to stay in their country ... GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! By the way, my English might not be perfect and I'm sure there are typos in my post, but I do my best to learn the language and don't expect any American to speak mine.
  • Moejj 2012/06/16 14:22:20
    Moejj
    +3
    another lame arsed action to get votes. not "undocumented" -- ILLEGAL. Not immigrants - ILLEGAL ALIENS. What about the waiting list for the people waiting to get into this country LEGALLY? So grant work permits for people willing to work for less than LEGAL workers, while citizens of this country are fighting just to find a job. bad decision. another kick in the pants to america from el presidente', and yet another blatant disregard for Congress. There's 3 branches of government for a reason.
  • Magnus ... Moejj 2012/06/16 20:50:04
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    Hear, hear! I bet we won't be seeing this on the 'news' though:
  • JCD aka "biz" 2012/06/16 14:14:35
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    Not just the US Catholic Church, but also the National Association of Evangelicals, seem to get closer to Obama's stance on immigration.
  • Miles 2012/06/16 14:12:01
    I'm not sure
    Miles
    +3
    I'm not sure...but I'm 100% positive the president should not be make up his own rules while disreguarding the current immigrantion laws...the president is hunting for election votes...
  • Becky 2012/06/16 14:10:52
    Becky
    +5
    Just trying moving to another country without following due process. You will get deported. Why on Earth is the US the only country who has a hard time following the law? Obama is not our King and should allow Congress to do their job.This was a huge show of disrespect just to pander for the Latino vote. The man has to be removed from office either by vote or impeachment.
  • Studied Becky 2012/06/17 15:09:26
    Studied
    Unfortunately I believe only the Senate has the power of impeachment and with ole' Harry Reid as it's head, that will never happen.
  • selena costa 2012/06/16 14:04:59
    I'm not sure
    selena costa
    +1
    i almost said no but idk
  • SneakyPete 2012/06/16 13:57:57
    SneakyPete
    Hit wrong button.The U.S. Should Not Stop Deporting Young Immigrants.
  • Jayfeather 2012/06/16 13:39:59
    Jayfeather
    +1
    Let's deport every illegal immigrant and see what happens when those thousands of jobs aren't getting done.
  • Adam Jayfeather 2012/06/16 13:46:40
    Adam
    +4
    I would imagine we would see a drop in the unemployment rate.
  • Magnus ... Adam 2012/06/16 20:53:28
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    A massive drop!
  • Jayfeather Adam 2012/06/21 20:52:45
    Jayfeather
    That depends on how many Americans want to clean filth and work on farms for long hours and low pay.
  • Adam Jayfeather 2012/06/22 17:39:16 (edited)
    Adam
    You mean how many Americans want to be exploited? Not many I would assume. Is that good justification for not enforcing our immigration laws, to exploit thousands of illegals with unsafe conditions and substandard pay just because we can?

We did something similar to that about 160 years ago, most believe that was a mistake.
  • Jayfeather Adam 2012/06/23 03:10:57
    Jayfeather
    But the problem is, the people who hire illegal immigrants do exploit them, and would exploit anyone working for them. As such, they would not be likely to hire legal citizens.
  • Adam Jayfeather 2012/06/23 13:41:14
    Adam
    The jobs still have to be done. They cannot exploit Americans who have legal recourse against them.
  • DavidK Jayfeather 2012/06/16 14:00:05
    DavidK
    gee, you ever think that maybe they will start to pay a little more if they had to?

2014/04/17 04:06:45