Do You Think the U.S. Should Stop Deporting Young Immigrants? (Obama Does)

Barack Obama made headlines Friday as he stated that his administration will no longer deport young illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. when they were children. His announcement, as expected, was met with part-joy and part-skepticism -- as well as a heckler who constantly kept interrupting the president as he spoke.

"These are young people who study in our schools, they play in our neighborhoods, they're friends with our kids, they pledge allegiance to our flag. They are Americans in their heart, in their minds, in every single way but one: on paper," the president said in his speech Friday morning. But he was also quick to add that this is not a permanent answer. "This is not amnesty. This is not immunity. This is not a path to citizenship... It's not a permanent fix," Obama said. Do you think the U.S. should stop deporting young immigrants?

• jimmy d 2012/06/17 12:37:14
  • Obama F... jimmy d 2012/06/17 13:41:57
  • God ble... jimmy d 2012/06/17 15:52:59
    God bless American freedom
    +1
    LOL! BEST ANSWER!
  • Cindy64... jimmy d 2012/06/18 03:16:26
    +5
    AMERICAN citizens first.
  • Icanbean Arschloch 2012/06/17 12:06:54
    Icanbean  Arschloch
    +6
    Illegal Aliens Are Illegal. What part of "illegal" does he not understand?
  • the fuze 2012/06/17 11:29:34
    the fuze
    +4
    Especially when all you're doing is "buying" votes.
    +5
    Barrack Obama begins his criminal act by painting a picture that is false and misleading. What he is really doing is waving the white flag which BOTH parties have done over the last 30 years. He lies when he says Republicans walked away from their own "Dream Act" Bill. What he and ALL our political leaders need to understand is that this is about National Security, our Culture and our national continuity! What he is doing is campaigning and throwing out an ad that says if democracy doesn't work, then he will DICTATE! He should be FIRED!!!
  • Cindy64... Andrew 2012/06/18 03:17:21
  • mrdog 2012/06/17 09:18:57
    mrdog
    +6
    Obama should follow the "Rule of Law".... Rocket Science? bark
  • Bob DiN 2012/06/17 08:21:07
    Bob DiN
    +7
    Illegal is illegal at any age.
  • charles... Bob DiN 2012/06/17 12:52:21
    charles nelson
    +1
    But what about the unborn?
  • Bob DiN charles... 2012/06/17 13:46:24
    Bob DiN
    What about them?
  • charles... Bob DiN 2012/06/18 17:37:16
    charles nelson
    Hey Bob your my age, right, remember first they came for the socialist,then the jews. Your probably getting a little from the gov teet.... Don't be so hard on every one.... your turn will come. Oh, and the unborn might be the only one's left.
  • Bob DiN charles... 2012/06/19 05:17:55
    Bob DiN
    Government is corrupt and incompetent.
  • SJsView charles... 2012/06/17 14:20:43
    SJsView
    +2
    LOL - silly question - STUPID ALERT!

They haven't been born so they are NOT illegal...where do these people come from...
  • God ble... charles... 2012/06/17 15:54:49
    God bless American freedom
    the progeny of illegal aliens are illegal progeny of illegal aliens.
  • charles... God ble... 2012/06/18 17:39:32
    charles nelson
    and then came the progeny of the ohhhh devil.
  • charles... charles... 2012/06/18 17:40:21
    charles nelson
    ya, what did they do
  • Julien The Greek Man 2012/06/17 07:52:09 (edited)
    Julien The Greek Man
    Wow, I immigrated to here from Greece when I was 10 years old (am now 16) obviously my parents are Greek immigrants as well... all I have to say is wow... and I thought racism dieing down.
    My parents are hard workin people who since coming to this country has got nothing handed to them, they have worked so hard to be where they are today! To feed me and my 6 siblings..... deport us for what!? For trying to make a living, because we desperately needed a opportunity because back when we lived in Greece we had nothing beside the shirts on our back! My parents wanted more for me and at the time my 3 other siblings! At Greece we had about no opportunity but now that were in America my parents have worked hard and now because of these 50 stayes we have a life, GOD DAM we have an opportunity to becone something! And you wanna deport me, my siblings and my parents back to Greece and throw all there hard work in the trash! Words cant explain jow greatful i am and how i bust my ass in school! Just to get deported and then what? All that hard work and pain for nothing!!!
  • Chanch Julien ... 2012/06/17 11:15:36
    Chanch
    +7
    What do you not understand about 'ILLEGAL"? If you are here legally, OK. If not, get your ass out ! I don't care how hard you or your family work if you are illegal.
  • jimmy d Julien ... 2012/06/17 12:38:55
    jimmy d
    +3
    And now America is becoming Greece because of ocrapper!!!!!!
  • Angus Julien ... 2012/06/17 12:51:01
    Angus
    +4
    Your parents came here legally by the book. PERIOD
  • charles... Angus 2012/06/18 17:43:06
    charles nelson
    +1
    you can stay Angus, you were here first.
  • Hawkeye Julien ... 2012/06/17 13:54:11
    Hawkeye
    +2
    Do NOT be fooled by the title of this post.. The left has ALWAYS mischaracterized this debate as being Anti-Immigrant when in FACT,, NOTHING could be further from the truth..

MOST,, if not ALL of those who are against ILLEGAL immigration are some of the most PRO LEGAL immigration people you're EVER going to meet..

If ANYTHING,, THEY'RE argument is ;

" WHY should YOUR family have to work so hard to become Americans ONLY to see people get it without effort and for just BEING here ILLEGALLY.."

As one who has placed so much time,, effort,, hard work and HOPE into becomming an American Citizen,, YOU should be OUTRAGED that those who BROKE the LAW to BE here are being placed ABOVE you and your family on the list of Potential Americans..

I Know DAMN well that I would be..

BTW.. If you ARE here Legally..

WELCOME to America..
  • MyK Julien ... 2012/06/17 14:14:58
    MyK
    it isnt racism. its called the rule of law. did your parents emigrate here legally? if so, then we arent even talking about you. if yes, then GTFO and do it legally.
    if i break into a supermarket at night with my kids, should the police remove us?
    or should they say "oh, he is seeking a better meal for his children. lets let him stay",
    and then prevent the supermarket owners from making us leave as well...
  • SJsView Julien ... 2012/06/17 14:22:34
    SJsView
    +2
    This is NOT about racism my young friend...this is about doing it the LEGAL way as did your parents...you follow the laws in this country...don't like it, pack your sh_t and get out...
  • charles... SJsView 2012/06/18 17:46:04
    charles nelson
    don't wag you finger, old man..... go back to east grand forks where you came from.
  • God ble... Julien ... 2012/06/17 15:55:43 (edited)
    God bless American freedom
    This is NOT about racism. This is about how America cannot support the world just because the world says so or because our president has decided he says America needs to stop obeying its own law which HE HIMSELF promised to uphold.

IF your parents came here legally then what are you talking about?

did your parents come to the US illegally?

Perhaps it would be wise of you to consider asking your parents why they placed you and all your siblings at risk of deportation they caused IF they came here ilegally?

There is nothing wrong with the law of American to demand people do it the right way... according to OUR LAW ... not whatever everyone else wants us to do for them.... American tax payers do NOT owe the world ...

Why not go to Greece ( if you are a legal citizen there and an illegal alien ( NOT a citizen of the US ) here ) and work on YOUR countrys illegal alien problem there , eh? Change YOUR laws, fix YOUR problems there ...
  • Laceysue Julien ... 2012/06/17 17:46:42
    Laceysue
    Get the hell out! You're illegal. My parents came here from Canada in the 60's and went thru all the stuff to become legal American citizens. Your parents should have done the same!
  • vdehl 2012/06/17 07:50:02
    vdehl
    +3
    Traditionally gaining entrance legally has been based on the need the country has for those types of workers, not on the age of the individual. I don't see that we need to import young people. We have too many unemployed ones, without a future already. Young and unemployed
    I myself was the victim of this phenomenon. I never found a decent job after acquired considerable amounts of education.
  • SJsView vdehl 2012/06/17 14:25:45
    SJsView
    +1
    Decent is Relative - Education is irrelevant for the majority of jobs...take a lower level job, work hard and rise through the ranks...you'll find far more respect and rewards.
  • JayDub 2012/06/17 07:38:16
    JayDub
    +6
    Beyond the question is should Obama be reminded that he is not a dictator, he does not just decide to do something because "it's the right thing to do" in his opinion. What's right for one country is not necessarily in another country's best interest. Obama's "right" is not my idea of right. We have elected leaders that create Bills and the Bills pass Congress and then the Senate. After that the President can accept the bill into law or veto. We don't have a king and I hope the voters make that clear this time.
  • JCD aka... JayDub 2012/06/17 08:01:58
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    Are Executive Orders unconstitutional? Don't think so.
  • Magnus ... JCD aka... 2012/06/17 12:12:00
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +4
    Actually, yes they are. There is absolutely no provision for any edicts by anyone even the POTUS. Where that was pulled out of somebody's ass in the late 1700's was from:

Article II, Section III - State of the Union, Convening Congress

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

Specifically: "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" that simply means upholding his Oath by ensuring all proposed laws are CONSTITUTIONAL - that is the sole reason why every proposed law MUST have the signature of POTUS for them to be officially declared. And for all of those passed that were not, the penalty for that if not rescinded if to be found in contempt of the Constitution, USED TO BE immediate IMPEACHMENT. "Faithfully executed" means NOTHING more than that, ...

Specifically: "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed" that simply means upholding his Oath by ensuring all proposed laws are CONSTITUTIONAL - that is the sole reason why every proposed law MUST have the signature of POTUS for them to be officially declared. And for all of those passed that were not, the penalty for that if not rescinded if to be found in contempt of the Constitution, USED TO BE immediate IMPEACHMENT. "Faithfully executed" means NOTHING more than that, his mere OVERSEEING.

All Executive Orders are therefore unconstitutional, they are simply edicts and by and large have been tools of tyranny for CENTURIES. They are NOT the law, as obama has just attempted to make this Dream Act E.O. (and which CONGRESS HAD ALREADY VOTED AGAINST).
  • JCD aka... Magnus ... 2012/06/17 17:10:59
    JCD aka "biz"
    Thank you.
    Does the Supreme Court plan to review Obama's Executive Orders?
  • Magnus ... JCD aka... 2012/06/17 17:23:33 (edited)
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    Honestly, it would floor me if they did. I do not believe that they will. Not unless We The People hound them and hound them and hound them to do their jobs and do them properly. Even then it would be a very slim chance indeed.

The problem is that much of Congress in both the House and Senate today, are in fact Marxists themselves. I only recently did some digging and it turns out that Communism, Socialism, Totalitarianism, and Left-Wing Liberalism, especially Progressives are all Marxists - there is no difference, they are all Synonyms/Pseudonyms for each other. And the only Antonym of all of these, is Conservative and Capitalist - that's it (and don't be fooled, they have many 'Rhinos' or Trojan-Horse operatives in place within that spectrum as well). So therefore meaning not only is the ENTIRE world now Marxist, it means that almost 50% of this Nation is in fact now Marxist as well. They have by and large achieved their goals of the 'Communist Manifesto', all that is left to do now would be to stage Martial Law, provoke a violent Revolution (Civil War), spin it that we Conservatives are "domestic terrorists" (which they have already been doing for a couple of years now) when in fact all we'd be attempting to do is our Civic Duty vested to all Patriots in the Declaration of ...

The problem is that much of Congress in both the House and Senate today, are in fact Marxists themselves. I only recently did some digging and it turns out that Communism, Socialism, Totalitarianism, and Left-Wing Liberalism, especially Progressives are all Marxists - there is no difference, they are all Synonyms/Pseudonyms for each other. And the only Antonym of all of these, is Conservative and Capitalist - that's it (and don't be fooled, they have many 'Rhinos' or Trojan-Horse operatives in place within that spectrum as well). So therefore meaning not only is the ENTIRE world now Marxist, it means that almost 50% of this Nation is in fact now Marxist as well. They have by and large achieved their goals of the 'Communist Manifesto', all that is left to do now would be to stage Martial Law, provoke a violent Revolution (Civil War), spin it that we Conservatives are "domestic terrorists" (which they have already been doing for a couple of years now) when in fact all we'd be attempting to do is our Civic Duty vested to all Patriots in the Declaration of Independence while facing a corrupted and Tyrannical Government, and this Nation will officially have a clear and open Dictatorship of Marxism like the rest of the world and after that, the U.N. will have it's Global Government because ALL Marxists are globalists. Feel free to check these facts out for yourself if you wish.

Just like Franklin Delano Roosevelt and his Marxist "New Deal" - this Nation's very first, very strong dose of Marxism, 0bama is going to get away with this and before that 50% of people wake up to the fact that they have been duped into believing what they have been advocating for is NOT Marxism, it will be too late to stop this Nation from becoming 100% Marxist.
  • JCD aka... Magnus ... 2012/06/17 17:54:38
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    Thank you for your interesting reply.
    You see, here in Europe, many of us have experienced "real" Marxism first-hand.
    Like my East German relatives who lived for four decades under Marxist rule.
    Believe me, it was quite different from Obamarule.
  • Magnus ... JCD aka... 2012/06/17 18:01:45 (edited)
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    It will not be for much longer. This is how it happens, it starts off very slowly, until eventually a Nation wakes up to realize that their Nation is not their Nation anymore but a different and monolithic beast. So I respectfully have to disagree. Already, almost exclusively through unconstitutional executive orders -though pieces also having been tacked on and buried within other bills and acts-, Martial Law triggers have been put on stand-by. We have been in a state of National Emergency since 9/11 (extended, of course, by 0bama) and that is the first clause of being able to declare instantaneous Dictatorship on a whim, for any or no reason at all. And I believe that he will do just that, most likely before our Election.
  • Mary Va... Magnus ... 2012/06/17 21:02:12
    Mary Vaughn
    If you people would actually read something that wasn't put out by Faux News or Rush or Beck you might just realize how stupid you sound. If you are worried about this country becoming a dictatorship you are on point. The Supreme Court just sold this nation down the tubes to the corporations and the Sheldon Adelson's, ALEC the actual lawmakers of our country, the NRA and the 1%. Since the Supreme Court passed Citizens United there will no longer be elections they will be auctions. AMERICA SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER via the Supreme Court.

2014/10/22 12:25:18