Do you think the United States has already become or will soon become a socialist country?

Roberto-Pro-America-Anti Obama 2009/04/13 01:37:10
I think the USA is already a socialist country because...
I think the USA will soon become a socialist country because...
I think the USA is and will remain a capitalist country because...

• Randy 2009/04/13 01:54:46
    Randy
    +13
    I can't believe Obama's popularity , that's what scares me the most . No one is really objecting to his total push for government control including some of the so called republicans . I hope I wake up pretty soon , this is a nightmare !

• Masatone 2011/03/21 05:37:59 (edited)
  • 1481767 2009/09/16 11:08:26
  • jellyfish 2009/05/21 15:57:58
    jellyfish
    +1
    Every day that Obama is in office is one step closer to complete governmental control. I seriously wonder if he sits home at night cackling maniacally to himself about how stupid most of America is and it's only a matter of time where it will be all his. obama office step closer governmental home cackling maniacally stupid america
  • DaChief 2009/05/15 16:45:00
    DaChief
    +1
    Hard working liberty loving Americans will not let it happen nor will anyone trample on the liberties defended by patriots for the past 233 years. FDR tried to socialize America, Carter tried, and now President and Auto Czar Obama will try his left wing socialistic ideals and he will ultimately fail in his bid no matter how hard he tries.

"It has been said that all Government is an evil. It would be more proper to say that the necessity of any Government is a misfortune. This necessity however exists; and the problem to be solved is, not what form of Government is perfect, but which of the forms is least imperfect."

--James Madison, to an unidentified correspondent, 1833
  • Roberto... DaChief 2009/05/15 23:01:02
    Roberto-Pro-America-Anti Obama
    +1
    Hope you're right. We have a population now which is not educated in American history.
  • ♥N N♥ 2009/05/04 04:16:12
    ♥N N♥
    +1
    But I am a Captialist supporter!
    usa socialist country captialist supporter
  • 1481767 ♥N N♥ 2010/01/13 04:32:13
  • Mickey 2009/04/20 15:29:15
    Mickey
    We will remain capitalist because Big Business will continue to rule land cheat any and everybody that they can - they have convinced the Republicans to support them with fear tactics and labels and slogans. Their big money has bought lobbyists and politicians like Cheney, Bush and McCain to DEREGULATE their rules and regulations so they can continue to rape our people and governments here and abroad! If this Obama Administration does not stop it, we are doomed to a cycling depression weveral times in our lifetimes. We will rapidly become one of the third world country we used to read about in Life Magazine.
  • DaChief Mickey 2009/05/20 15:10:01
    DaChief
    +1
    Big Business? Is that such as sin that Big Business, Small Business, and other types of entreprenuerial venues rule? Is it a sin for people to have the right to make money and succeed? I am concerned on your definition than on what you may percieve as the American dream? You question capitalism as a bad thing so I say Rule what? The ability to succeed and fail on their own accords? Are you saying then that Goverrnment can do better with Socialism? Depression is when we spend far more money than we take in. It has nothing to do with Republicans and your blame Bush, Cheney, McCain and any GOP mentality.

You are obviously a socialist who wants government to rule everything. This country was founded on the principals of the American dream to make as much money possible, to prosper and have the liberty to succeed or fail with little government interference. That is capitalism. Let the economy of capitalism take over, reduce taxes, eliminate that crooked liberal cap and trade bill, reduce government to providing the basic services, tell our elected leaders on both sides of the aisle to stop overspending our money (not theirs). and our economy will thrive. This is a message to ALL democrats and republicans who seemed to have their hands in the till of our tax money and both parties...

'

'''""

You are obviously a socialist who wants government to rule everything. This country was founded on the principals of the American dream to make as much money possible, to prosper and have the liberty to succeed or fail with little government interference. That is capitalism. Let the economy of capitalism take over, reduce taxes, eliminate that crooked liberal cap and trade bill, reduce government to providing the basic services, tell our elected leaders on both sides of the aisle to stop overspending our money (not theirs). and our economy will thrive. This is a message to ALL democrats and republicans who seemed to have their hands in the till of our tax money and both parties should be ashamed for their reckless spending of our money rather than let capitalism take its course that our founders and framers so designed.

Obama has already quadrupled the Bush debt with pork projects that will not sustain a longevity of the economy. I have said this before about moderate Bush's overspending and creating a big government that went against the core principles of conservatism. Now in his defense some of the spending was created post 9/11 to provide enhanced security measures so we would not be attacked, protect our brave troops, and we have not been attacked so far.

It is Obama that now owns the auto industry, and soon will be banks, and they are doomed to extinction rather fast. It is Obama that will plunge us into staggering inflation to pay the hefty interest created by his $1.3 trillion dollar porkulus bill and his proposed $4 Trillion in reckless social programs will kill the economy with corprate taxes, cap and trade, and forcing auto industries in building failures such as hybrids and smaller cars.

There is nothing you can write or say that will lean me to your concept of socialism. In this country, capitalism and entrepreneurialship have enjoyed a 233 year run based on freedom to prosper, freedom to fail, and freedom to pull one's own weight and try to succeed again. You logic on blamestorming GOP is nonsense. Here's a newsflash, Bush and Cheney are no longer in office and it is your man's turn in the big house in DC. Unfortunately I am not impressed in this share the wealth, besmirch capitalists, slam private industry that employs families, and liberal laced pork barrel spending that does nothing to the future value effect of the economy. I call that "trickle down BS socialism."
  • JDSLMurphy 2009/04/20 03:21:08
    JDSLMurphy
    +1
    You really want to know how I feel, People are blinded to what's really going on. People are blaming congress for all the Bull that's going on right now, well guess what Obama is approving all the bills and making it law.

One by one each of our Freedoms are being taken away!!! Our Vets & Troops, People that believe in God, Pro Life, and those that have guns are now labeled as possible "right wing extremist".

WHERE WILL IT END?

You get mad at the banks for charging you money for fees and taxes, you are possible a "right wing extremist activity,". City Hall tells you what color to paint your house, and what you can have in your yard, and you get mad,you could be labeled as a "right wing extremist activity," You feel that you need to take a stand for your own Beliefs either it be Christian Faith, Jewish Faith, Native American Faith, Baptist Faith, Catholic, what ever faith you practice, what you believe, you could be a "right wing extremist."
    Do you see what is happening, one by one we are all being called a possible "right wing extremist activity,"

BUT Wait This may have already been discussed here (if so, I apologize for being redundant), but DHS
    (Department of Homeland Security) Secretary Janet Napolitano was asked about her lack of using the word terrorism in a 16-March inter...""""""

""'

""

""

WHERE WILL IT END?

(Department of Homeland Security) Secretary Janet Napolitano was asked about her lack of using the word terrorism in a 16-March interview with Der Speigel. Her reply was ... "In my speech, although I did not use the word "terrorism," I referred to "man-caused" disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur."

THEN THIS COMES OUT:
    The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity," saying the economic recession, the election of America's first black president and the return of a few disgruntled war veterans could swell the ranks of white-power militias.

A footnote attached to the report by the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines "rightwing extremism in the United States" as including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority.

"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single-issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," the warning says.

I will fight or go down with the Ship!!!
  • mikeNOT... JDSLMurphy 2009/05/07 00:47:02
    mikeNOTvick
    JDSL you said: "One by one each of our Freedoms are being taken away!!!".... you are confusing Obama with Bush.... I guess you liked warrant-less and illegal wiretapping?
  • Captain Tobias. The Liberal... 2009/04/19 00:47:55
    Captain Tobias. The Liberal Captain
    +1
    Because i believe it will. is that good enough for yah?
  • K-ZOOMI-----0 2009/04/16 20:07:17
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    +1
    I would have voted "Soon", but I was at Kalamazoo's Tea Party yesterday afternoon and was encouraged that at least a whole swath of Americans will go down with me fighting!

The FIGHT has just begun!
  • Vic 2009/04/16 18:23:45 (edited)
    Vic
    +2
    The Obama Regime will make the USA a Socialist country.
  • Roberto... Vic 2009/04/16 22:50:03
    Roberto-Pro-America-Anti Obama
    Agree.
  • Lady Serenity 2009/04/16 00:26:33
    Lady Serenity
    +2
    We're not quite there yet, but we don't have much futher to go. We need to stop this now!!!
  • Bill 2009/04/15 00:40:16
    Bill
    +2
    Because most of the democrats who recently won seats, will lose them in the next election - because of their leftist leanings and support for taxing anything that moves during these economic times.

Government has lost its charm when it becomes so large,.......

that it must eat more to become larger - take away the

medical program, retirement program, various

reimbursements, european trips that they enjoy - all paid

in full, by us, and the half year of "work" they all must do

and then " REAL CHANGE " would come about!
  • himenokuri 2009/04/14 20:13:14
    himenokuri
    +1
    I agree with Randy
  • Ben Dare-In God I Trust. 2009/04/14 20:05:51
    Ben Dare-In God I Trust.
    Like the US of A is a republic...so will we be a capitalist country with a lot of socialist programs because it is a more pragmatic working solution to a nations peoples problems.
  • thir1t3en..Sie hassen mich ... 2009/04/14 13:27:18
    thir1t3en..Sie hassen mich und ich liebe es
    +1
    I think it's time people stop worrying about which "ISM" we fall under and start trying to take the country back! This is OUR country, damnit. I pay my taxes. You pay your taxes. Why should we allow a government to tell us what to do?
  • rouserbugs 2009/04/14 13:05:53
    rouserbugs
    +1
    We have had a wakeup call. Whether we respond to this and get busy waking everyone up who has not seen the light. We are the people who see so we are the people who must act.
  • Heptarch 2009/04/14 12:49:54
    Heptarch
    +3
    The US has always had a smattering of Socialistic programs. Yet we're still a Capitalist society (for better or worse).

All these people weeping, wailing and gnashing their teeth about Socialism are just alarmist goofballs.
  • Cindy 2009/04/14 12:44:38 (edited)
    Cindy
  • Epistemically Justified -- BN7 2009/04/14 12:43:54
    Epistemically Justified -- BN7
    +5
    The U.S. like many nations, has socialist programs sprinkled among a relatively capitalistic economy. Until we have national banks, nationalized healthcare, and a more homogenous socioeconomic stratification I don't think we can call ourselves socialist.

It is a hype word used to promote fear and hatred of Obama, however, it is quite innaccurate to call America socialist, especially when compared to many European nations -- America is far from socialist, even with Obama as president.
  • Heptarch Epistem... 2009/04/14 12:48:46
    Heptarch
    +2
    Thanks, EJ. Always good to hear a voice of reason.
  • Extremist conchad 2009/04/14 12:24:32
    Extremist conchad
    +2
    People are starting to wake up, but whether there is enough of them, or if we can act swiftly enough I'm not sure. I am afraid for the future of my country.
  • rabbut: patriot squared wit... 2009/04/14 07:17:28
    rabbut: patriot squared with sugar on top
    +4
    it is the most capitalist country in the world. My generation has GROWN UP on ads and wouldn't know how to function if we were not having consumer merchandise crammed at us from every angle. If there is one thing I am sure of, it is that the United States is a culture wrapped around consumerism and that is the best possible environment for capitalism to thrive now and for years to come.
  • RebelStang 2009/04/14 06:07:41
    RebelStang
    +2
    If osamabama & friends have thier way? yes.
    But Not If True Patriots, Stand Up & Fight!
    FREEDOM! IT'S WORTH FIGHTING FOR!
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!
  • Gun665 2009/04/14 05:34:29
  • skunkman 2009/04/14 05:33:52
    skunkman
    +3
    we have not followed the constitution in this country for decades. our government has done what they want for years regardless of what we think. you ask if we are a socailist nation but I ask you are we pass socailism and on our way to communism? I truly beleive that we are living in the shadows of the kremlin
  • boomer 2009/04/14 03:27:03
    boomer
    +2
    obviously we have socialist programs within our country, that is indisputable. We are a socialist country, we're just not purely socialist, because absolute-pure socialism is Communism. I do think what we have emerging is corporatism. We are coming to the point where you're either "too big to fail" or "too small to succeed". We most certainly have centralized economic planning thanks to the Federal Reserve. With the emerging police state and more authoritarian planning of our economy, and all this spending, etc. and the internment camps... it is looking more and more like fascism. I would say socialism, and eventually communism, if we were to ignore the internment camps and Rahm Emmanuel's stupid a$$ out there trying to sell a civilian-military force... For those of you who don't think it can happen here... I've got news for you, it is, and it's on the fast track. Everything that has ever happened in politics has been tried and done before. Benito Mussolini once said that Fascism is actually Corporatism.
  • Steve☮END THE FED☮ 2009/04/14 03:22:54
    Steve☮END THE FED☮
    +1
    We have not been a true Capitalist country and that is the problem! People just can't seem to wrap their heads around that. Also I think we are on the border of Fascism.
  • radical objectivist 2009/04/14 02:42:48
    radical objectivist
    +1
    Too few understand the difference or care to learn or fight for one over the other.
  • Charlie 2009/04/13 23:57:02
    Charlie
    +1
    This country will never be socialist.We have to many rich
    fat cats .
  • Crische Charlie 2009/04/14 02:00:08
    Crische
    +1
    It's called survival of the fittest. If you have a problem with other people having a lot of money... no one is forcing you to work at McDonald's, we're all entitled to create our own ideas/businesses. All it takes is the will to change.
  • boomer Crische 2009/04/14 03:21:37
    boomer
    +1
    actually, what he's saying has some truth to it. We do have a corporatist mentality, and that is fascism...
  • Marie Crische 2009/04/14 16:38:33
    Marie
    What do you suggest happens to those who are born without ability? Survival of the fittest? born ability survival fittest
  • Crische Marie 2009/04/14 18:09:04
    Crische
    the same thing that has been happening for millions of years
  • Marie Crische 2009/04/15 14:23:10
  • anti-liberal 2009/04/13 23:50:42
    anti-liberal
    +4
    Yes, unless we can impeach this socialist pig and soon.

2014/04/24 03:04:53