Do you think the Republican Party has sat by quietly and allowed Racists, Bigots, Hate Mongers and Homophobes to Take Over the Party Instead of People Interested in Fiscal Responsibility and Individual Rights ?

Che Guevara - Hero 2008/11/10 08:14:14

• turkey pepperoni 2008/11/21 14:44:27
    There are some people like this but they don't control the party.
    turkey pepperoni
    +3
    I still think big money big business is in charge, they just court the hate-fill, narrowminded, bigoted, homophobes to win elections.

• Iamfree 2009/10/18 03:15:34
    I don't think Racism, Hate , Bigotry, or Homophobia is a problem in the party.
    Iamfree
    There are bigots, hatemongers, racists and homophobes in both parties (and in no party at all). This is a goofy question.
  • aneed2know 2009/04/21 06:56:19
    I think its more because of the Religous Right's Takeover
    aneed2know
    This question is self answering, who got Bush appointed besides the suprem court and what platform did he run on.
  • Robin 2009/02/16 03:37:59 (edited)
    Robin
    I hate to be the resident conspiracy nutcase but I think Republicans ans Democrats are just puppets with the same puppeteers. They maintain controversy and seeming opposing ideals simply for the sake of appearance. They ALL seem to be pulling the oars to this boat in the same direction. The American public and probably the population of the world are be played. If someone sees real dichotomy out their, sing out but I don't see it. They simply take turns much as 2 people playing a simple con would do to avoid suspicion.
  • Dan 2009/01/01 06:22:52 (edited)
    Dan
    No. Obviously a socialist liberal created this poll (perhaps a black American who continues to use the extinct slavery issue for his/her personal failures in life). As a Reagan-Conservative, I am disappointed in the Republican party for attempting to "reach across the aisle". There is no pleasing Democrats (whether they are liberals or socialists, voter or politicians). They are the same as Islamic terrorists trying to impose Sharia law on the free world. If you disagree with them (Dems and terroists), they both hate you. If you didn't vote for Obama, you are mislabeled "racist". If you don't agree with al Gore's global warming deception, you are mislabeled "ignorant". If you disagree with homosexuality, because God considers it a sin, you are mislabeled "homophobe". Liberals and their damned labels are as ridiculous as they are inaccurate. But, the jackasses own Congress and the media. This is how/why these lying parasites are able to get away with their slander and libel against Republicans.
    daniel101112@aol.com
  • Holliegirl11 2008/12/28 18:52:48
    Holliegirl11
    They play the moral value-relgion card to brainwash the narrow mind vote.
  • turkey pepperoni 2008/11/21 14:44:27
    turkey pepperoni
    +3
  • Jon Bergen 2008/11/10 18:49:09
    Jon Bergen
    +1
    There's enough racism, hate, bigotry and homophobia to go around. In all circles.

I think you hit the proverbial Palin - er, I meant to write "nail" - on the head: Its the Atwater-Rove maneuver which put the religious right at the helm of the Republican Party.
  • johnny2bad 2008/11/10 16:39:38 (edited)
    johnny2bad
    +1
    The republican party sold out to the religious right starting in the Reagan years with religious right movement. In doing so they sold themselve as the party of "Family Values" even though those values have turn out to be a system of legitimized intolerance. It has been an alliance of convenience for the party because they have a roots base that allows them to act without restraint as long as they continue to work at furthering the religious rights agenda. You let us pursue a criminal foriegn policy agenda and we'll try to dismantle Roe vs Wade. You let us try to dismantle Civil Rights decisions and we'll legitimize your hate. We'll be the true America and everybody else will be unpatriotic.
    This election year however the larger majority of the public did not buy into that doctrine. Bushes ineffective leadership and corrupt decision making has brought the country to the end of the road. And all the flag waving and bible embracing was not enough to pursuade the country to reward the republicans with another four years. Plus the demographics of the country have changed dramatically and the "Mayberry Utopia" marketed by the right seems dated and out of touch.
  • Fidelito 2008/11/10 14:33:58 (edited)
    Fidelito
    I think this election was about one thing only: White Republicans and Democrats puerile need for unity through self-congratulatory, purifying membership in a broad, transformative bowel movement.
    It had nothing to do about Obama. It was not about his record: He didn't have one. It was not about his views, which are radical in the extreme. The media in the tank with Obama didn't want Americans to know about Obama. Obama didn't want Americans to know about Obama. And Americans didn't want to know about Obama.
    Now, for third party vote. A vote for John McCain was a "wasted" vote, was it not?
  • Tired Old Man 2008/11/10 12:33:26
    Tired Old Man
    The Republicans wanted to win and they made a deal with the, oops, I nearly said the devil, Religious Right. In the end the Religious Right usurped control of the party and the Republicans have been screwed up every since. If there were any doubt that separation of church and state was a good idea, the evolution of the Republican Party from the party of fiscal responsibility and individual rights to the party of intolerance should remove that doubt.
  • Dylan Clearbrook 2008/11/10 12:29:17
    Dylan Clearbrook
    The Repub Party is no different than the Dem Party, the Libertarian Party, etc. They have their good apples and bad apples. The Republican party's problem is with Liberal/Moderate Repubs that have taken over, thinking to sway the Liberal vote. The Religious Right is, thankfully, loosing power (I think people are starting to realize that you can be a conservative with out being part of the Religious Right...a good thing for this here Pagan LOL)

What the Republican party needs to do is to return to its roots of conservatism...and then try to pull in the Libertarians as well.
  • Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist 2008/11/10 12:22:14
    Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist
    The vast majority of Republicans are evangelical Christians. LOTS of those are poor rednecks. It stands to reason that racism would be a big part of that group.
  • coffee man 2008/11/10 12:14:17
    coffee man
    I think it's more because of the religious right. THAT'S the group that you want to look at for all the ism's. Wasn't it back in the 80's when Regan turned to the religious right for support and they ended up becoming the main pillar of the Republican party.

I also find it funny that conservatives call themselves the party of fiscal responsibility, yet every time they are in office our economy plummets.
  • Janice 2008/11/10 11:51:05
  • The Sane One 2008/11/10 11:33:51
    The Sane One
    The Republican Party has strayed VERY far from its traditional values of fiscal responsibility, downsizing the size and scope of government and the promotion of individual rights. That position has been shunted aside and is now owned by the Libertarian Party.

The Republicans are now the nationalist warhawk wing of the Democratic Party-- which is why Joe Lieberman fit in so well with them.
  • I'm Left, You're Wrong 2008/11/10 10:21:51
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    Yes, but they haven't exactly sat by quietly and let it happen. Since Ronald Reagan helped the far right evangelicals hijack the republican party in the 1980's, it's only gotten worse, and the GOP nowadays panders to those groups where the bigots and homophobes live. The GOP has not only allowed it to happen, they've contributed greatly to it happening.
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2008/11/10 08:20:21
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    Don't you think that someone who calls other people all those things is being a hypocrite?
  • Che Gue... Dave Sa... 2008/11/10 08:39:39
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +3
    I'm not the one that ran a campaign based on hate, fear and dividing the American people. And my party isn't in shambles. lol
  • Dave Sa... Che Gue... 2008/11/10 08:47:53
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I don't remember a campaign based on hate, fear and dividing the American people. The American people were already divided, have been for decades. I heard hateful things said on both sides, but I don't think the campaigns were run that way.
  • Che Gue... Dave Sa... 2008/11/13 21:27:21
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +1
    I guess you didn't see Sarah Palin at any of her rallies or Elizabeth Doles "Godless" ads.
  • Dave Sa... Che Gue... 2008/11/14 03:09:59
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I don't think "hate" applies to anything Sarah Palin said, and I haven't heard anything that Elizabeth Dole has said in years. I did hear that it was a nasty campaign.

2014/11/23 14:45:09