Do you think the new congress will be more productive than the last one?

Fox Report with Shepard Smith 2013/01/03 22:28:57
After an election year in which legislative business practically ground to a halt, Congress is poised to make up for lost time in 2013. The new Congress will begin its next session with an agenda expected to focus largely on issues that re-emerged over the past several weeks and months, with gun legislation and immigration reform near the top.

boehner

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/01/gun-con...

• RTHTGakaRoland 2013/01/03 23:34:50
    RTHTGakaRoland
    +17
    One should certainly hope not.

Stopping bad legislation is the tough duty of congress.

The inducements for passing ever more legislation are powerful and the supply of loony bills unlimited.

A good congress should pass very little and stop very much.

"How did it happen? How did our national government grow from a servant with sharply limited powers into a master with virtually unlimited power? In part, we were swindled. There are occasions when we have elevated men and political parties to power that promised to restore limited government and then proceeded, after their election, to expand the activities of government. But let us be honest with ourselves. Broken promises are not the major causes of our trouble. Kept promises are. All too often we have put men in office who have suggested spending a little more on this, a little more on that, who have proposed a new welfare program, who have thought of another variety of 'security.' We have taken the bait, preferring to put off to another day the recapture of freedom and the restoration of our constitutional system. We have gone the way of many a democratic society that has lost its freedom by persuading itself that if 'the people' rule, all is well." - Barry Goldwater

• legalamericanwoman 2013/01/15 01:08:01 (edited)
    legalamericanwoman
    Congress is made of people such as Obama voted into office by ill educated run by government and union backed agendas which support Obama types . people such as the media like Shephard Smith.

Nothing is going to change. Obama amd the media such as you, Smith, will not change and you will enjoy bleeding the american econonmy dry to its eventual new third world death , as do all dictatorships along with their minions, as has always happened to mankind since people like you and Obama came into beibg.

But you have a nice day.

Who is Harrison J. Bounel, Mr. Smith?
  • legalam... legalam... 2013/01/15 01:09:49
    legalamericanwoman
    You and Obama and congress are likened to all the stupid rock stars who tell all of america they may not defend themselves according to their own constitution while it is of course ok for all of you to do so.

Hypocrites.
  • al 2013/01/09 19:11:38
    al
    +1
    If giving themselves a raise in pay, better health benefits, far superior retirment benefits can be considered productive. From Our County Commisioners to Congress all self serving.
  • legalam... al 2013/01/15 02:34:44 (edited)
    legalamericanwoman
    I absolutely agree. And Shephard Smith is just like all of those. Want proof? Ask Mr S. Smith of Fox News to publically on his television show to ask the entire world to look up who Harrison J. Bounel is and then focus on the truth ( or rather ) the LACK thereof concerning our "president" Obama.
  • the spoiler 2013/01/08 21:17:51 (edited)
    the spoiler
    Of course not, Obama is still black isn't he ?
  • Becky 2013/01/08 20:44:55
    Becky
    +1
    No, but if they would put a NEW CONGRESS who can actually make good decisions for the Country as a WHOLE. Maybe they could get something DONE.
  • Apache 2013/01/08 20:12:20
  • t.eliot, topbard 2013/01/08 19:34:44
    t.eliot, topbard
    +1
    Sadly there is no evidence to support such a hope.
  • Tom Camfield 2013/01/08 19:32:45
    Tom Camfield
    +1
    Perhaps, but not by a lot. The Tea Party dunderheads will continue to insist that the government cut off its nose to spite its face.
  • Mountai... Tom Cam... 2013/01/08 20:57:52
    Mountainman
    +1
    Since the idiots haven't produced a budget in three years...I'm sure we will continue to fall deeper in debt thanks to the free spending liberals!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/08 21:21:43
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/08 21:23:19
    Mountainman
    If they don't pass it...they don't have one!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/08 21:28:47
    the spoiler
    And that's Obama fault ?
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/08 21:31:27
    Mountainman
    +1
    Who said anything about Obama...the question was about the new Congress!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/08 22:29:46
    the spoiler
    I said something about Obama ! Don't tell me you didn't see the cartoons on here. Obama's the one one who present the budget, is that right ?
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/08 22:48:17
    Mountainman
    My replies have not been to the cartoons but to the original question...lets try and stay on track...but now that you mention the President...yes he does send up a budget...that he can't even get his own party to vote for
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/08 22:51:32
    the spoiler
    WRONG
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/08 23:02:45
    Mountainman
    You really believe they all voted for it...check you facts!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/08 23:30:56 (edited)
    the spoiler
    Are you the same person that said " they haven't produced a budget in three years " ? Well you were WRONG ! Check your facts. I never mention the word VOTE
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/09 23:06:29
    Mountainman
    The fact is they have no budget or they would be following it instead of all this random spending and hand outs!
    I could say I have a family budget...which I do...but if you don't follow it...you have no budget! I can't believe this is so hard for you liberals to grasp!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/10 00:27:28
    the spoiler
    I can't believe it's so hard for repukes to realize that you lost the election. You didn't get to " Take back our Country " This country belongs to the AMERICANS who voted for the people in office. This country needs everybody to come together and quit hateing your leader. No budget, It's because the repukes won't bring it to the floor
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/10 20:31:38
    Mountainman
    And that is because this country is for sell to China if you let the libs have everything they want...there is no free lunch someone has to be accountable for all this crazy spending...the President sure doesn't care! He thinks all you have to do is keep raising the debt...just like a kid with his parents credit cards!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/10 20:50:27
    the spoiler
    Nobody was saying NOTHING when Bush took + $1 trillion and turned it into - $8 trillion with two unpaid for war still going medicare D unpaid for and made it where you couldn't negotiate for a better price for the medicine. Where were you then ? Was Bush a lib ?
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/10 21:17:12
    Mountainman
    Yep he was a lib President...nothing like his dad.
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/10 21:29:53
    the spoiler
    Where were you then ? You mean Mr. " Read my lips " Do you relize that every Repuke President in the last 60 years have had a recession. That should tell you something
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/10 21:36:51
    Mountainman
    And all this over the cliff spending is going to make it all go away...WAKE UP AMERICA!
    If you only knew what all this President (Administration) has done to small business and to farms...you would be alarmed!
    I've been self employed for over 33 years and two of the worst Presidents for small business was Carter and Obama...but I did do well during the Clinton years!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/10 21:53:25
    the spoiler
    WAKE UP AMERICA, Ronald Reagan started america's downfall
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/10 22:48:34
    Mountainman
    As a small business person I had great years while Regan was in office, and hired more employees than any other time in my life. All six businesses were in Dallas where you live. I barely keep two a float while Carter was in office

Regan believed that government should keep it's nose out of small business so that it could grow jobs!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/10 23:08:56
    the spoiler
    Is that why government grew under Reagan. Is that why in his 3rd year unemployment was over 10% ? Is that why he almost tripled the national debt / What a hero ..er.. I mean ZERO
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/11 15:56:52
    Mountainman
    Wrong my friend check your stats...in his last years it was under 6%...I don't understand why you libs just spurt this stuff out expecting everyone to believe it when it is so easy to check...the gov posts everything on the internet!...want to talk about some bad stats...look at Obama's first four years...and watch the increase in the next four!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/11 16:10:15
    the spoiler
    I said unemployment in his first 3 years was over 10% you remember the " Saving and Loans " B/S don't you ? You need to check your facts. Obama's first term was better than the Gippers. Please don't post about the next 4 years because you nor I know what's gonna happen
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/11 16:38:56
    Mountainman
    His first four years was recovering from Jimmy Carters mess 18% interest rates...talk about a mess to clean up including getting back our hostages from Iran.

What amazes me is how someone could vote for a politician that promises to raise their taxes and double their utility cost.

Had a customer in my store yesterday belly aching about his SS taxes on this weeks check being $40.00 higher than in Dec...I ask who he voted for...he said Obama...I ask him what he expected...he said Obama was only suppose to tax the rich...I told him then I guess you can consider yourself rich.

Government has not ever run anything at a profit...but now we are giving away things that we can't afford to pay for!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/11 18:21:15
    the spoiler
    Reagan took the cap off interest rates thats the reason interest rates can be as hight as 29% before Reagan it was 15%. I voted for Obama because he"s for middle america not for the 2%. Government has never run anything at a profit ? Then where did Bush get the trillion to give to his rich buddys. That $trillion should have been given back to SS where Reagan started stealing from to help balance his budget. Now run and look that up. $40.00 on one pay check, liar
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/11 20:25:12 (edited)
    Mountainman
    Sorry Bud but he showed me his stub...and that is how much more was taken out...not counting what the employer had to add. In case you haven't read...it went up 6.2%. My brother-iin-law who is a fireman in Dallas was tagged $59.50 on his check. The DJ in this town was mad about paying an additional $22.00.

Again I don't know where your getting your facts but you are completely wrong.

Carter served before Regan. During the Carter Administration there was 16% inflation, 22% interest rates and 70% marginal tax rates.They haven't been that high since.

I didn't just fall off some turnip truck...I was born and raise right there in Dallas...went to SFA before going into service, and then took more courses at East Texas State when I got out...History has always been one of my favorite subjects and I hate when people just start spurting false information!
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/11 21:16:19 (edited)
    the spoiler
    I love history too. SS didn't go up 6.2% it want up to 6.2% It was against the law to charge over 15% interest before Reagan. 70% tax was also under Ike. It was around 90% during WWll. Reagan cut it to around 35% for his rich buddies. Unemployment under Carter was 7.5% when he took office and 7.5% when he left. Inflation was raising from Nixion/Ford. Name for me one repuke President in the last 60 years that didn't have a recession. What they say will work won't work. Like the first Bush said " VOO-DOO ECONOMIC " Spurting false information is what FOX news do
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/11 22:24:46
    Mountainman
    I don't understand you said SS didn't go up 6.2%...it went up 6.2%? Regan's cut was for all Americans...I can't believe a true American believes the Government has a right to take more from the rich than anyone else...who do you think creates the jobs in this country?
    It's not against the law to send money to the Government so if you Libs think the Government needs more money and that taxes should be higher...there is over 50% of you out there...send them more money! It is always a good laugh when ya'll always blame Bush or Nixon/Ford or Regan...but you never take blame when your guys get in office and just run things up higher for the little guys! Sorry but I don;t listen to FOX news so I don't have a clue what they might say...listen to a little radio and read the bi-weekly paper.
  • Mountai... Mountai... 2013/01/11 22:28:48
    Mountainman
    Also I still have my mortgage papers on the house I bought in Rowlett when Carter was in office...the interest rate was 21%.
  • the spo... Mountai... 2013/01/11 23:31:36
    the spoiler
    I said SS didn't go up BY 6.2% it went up TO 6.2% . I notice you didn't comment on the recessions. Speaking of cleaning up messes, Carter didn't leave Reagan near the mess that Bush left Obama. I can remember only two times that we've had a balance budget JFK and Clinton. Can you name another time. Reagan's cut was for all american ? Wrong . He put tax on SS and cut out so many deductiion for the middle class that my taxes went up
  • Mountai... the spo... 2013/01/12 19:06:37
    Mountainman
    Each President has to deal with a recession when they go into office...as for balanced budgets Ike and Clinton both had balanced budgets...when JFK went into office it was a sluggish economy, he was the first President to invoke supply side economics, so JFK was a forerunner to Regan and Bush. They didn't have a balanced budget until after his death...in 1969 with LBJ.

The Democrats no longer believe a word pf JFK's message of 40 years ago.

Sorry but I paid a lot less in taxes under Regan than Carter, and I consider myself middle class...plus gas, gold, and interest rates went down while Regan was in office...as well as the Berlin Wall.
  • Michael=Constitution & Liberty 2013/01/08 19:29:04
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    LOL!! like any of these fcks give a rats ass...

2014/08/01 09:53:45