Do you think the Liberal news media will overexpose the latest school shooting to push stricter gun laws and a American police state??

☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!! 2012/12/15 11:20:35
Yes, they will!!
No, I don't think so!
I defintely think it is a propoganda tool to push a society of less freedom! Do you think the Liberal news media will overexpose the latest school shooting to push stricter gun laws and a American police state??

ben franklin qoute

• Risk 2012/12/15 13:34:25
    Yes, they will!!
    Risk
    +32
    The MSM in reality is the ACTUAL CAUSE of this tragedy ! I doubt this sick individual shot these poor children because he didn't like them. He shot them because it would be a ultra major act of violence that would shock the nation and he would become
    infamous !
    He knew the MSM would make sure the world would know his name, the world would see and remember his face, his background, just everything he wanted to achieve would be done by the MSM. Now the MSM won't even consider they played the major role, they will dwell on gun control. HYPOCRITICAL @$$holes !

• conphlikt 2013/07/03 03:26:40
  • kiote1963 2013/02/07 19:09:49
    Yes, they will!!
    kiote1963
    +1
    Obviously they are already trying...Obama Bin Laden jumped right on that!!!!
  • Michaelene 2012/12/24 17:33:48
    Yes, they will!!
    Michaelene
    +1
    How disgraceful! Let those poor people mourn in peace.
    Philadelphia already has armed officers in our schools to protect teachers from their illegally armed sudents.
  • ProudProgressive 2012/12/20 23:23:18
    ProudProgressive
    First of all, with the exception of MSNBC there is no "liberal news media" in America. The alphabet networks have of late become almost as bad as Fox in their refusal to challenge outright lies by Right Wing talking heads and their repeated efforts to play the "both sides do it game" every time the conservatives screw something else up.

Second of all, your question is flawed, since stricter gun control and a so-called "police state" have nothing to do with each other. No one is suggesting that the Second Amendment should be repealed and no one is plotting to "take everyone's guns away". What the American people (including a majority of NRA members) want is common sense laws to prevent the likelihood of another tragedy like we saw in Sandy Hook Elementary. NO ONE needs an assault weapon for personal defense, and NO ONE needs a hundred or a thousand guns to keep their homes safe. The Second Amendment provides for a "well regulated militia", and all the American people want is to see the gun culture in our country "well regulated" as it was always intended to be. No one's rights are infringed by requiring background checks on ALL gun sales, including the "gun show loophole". No one is deprived of their rights by having to wait a few days before they get their new gun.

Th...

Third of all, it is MORE guns in our communities that deprive us of our freedom, not less. I want to be free to send a six year old to school without worrying about whether she will come home or be shot. I want to be able to buy a package of Skittles and walk home without being chased down by some idiotic vigilante who doesn't like my looks. Those freedoms disappear with each additional gun that enters my community.

One thing that's worse than living in a police state is living in a war zone. I don't want to live in either, but the latter is the only one we are in danger of falling into if the conservatives once again manage to shout down sensible regulations to protect the 300 million people who live here.
  • ☆The Ro... ProudPr... 2012/12/21 01:22:19
  • ProudPr... ☆The Ro... 2012/12/21 01:26:08
    ProudProgressive
    Yeah, I've already seen Tom's personal opinions. They have nothing to do with the Second Amendment and nothing to do with the current issue that we're supposed to be discussing, but thanks for sharing the historical trivia anyway.
  • ☆The Ro... ProudPr... 2012/12/21 01:36:16 (edited)
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +1
    Dude, I should be able to be able to own any type gun I want as long as I am sane and a law abiding citizen.Yes, with a high powered weapon, you should have to go through rigorious training like the fine folks of Switzerland..

swizerland gun laws swizerland gun laws
  • juneathomas 2012/12/19 18:58:14
  • DefendnProtect 2012/12/17 20:22:50
  • Michael=Constitution & Liberty 2012/12/17 20:16:19
    Yes, they will!!
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +3
    and glorify the punk ass shooter, that's what "mainstream media" is all about. so easy to scare the ignorant sheep.
  • Bastion 2012/12/17 19:40:23
    Bastion
    +1
    Rock . . . . just shut the f*ck up. Really.

The media doesn't need to "push" this. The pro-gun people are WRONG and will LOSE this one - because they SHOULD.

• Michael... Bastion 2012/12/17 20:14:04
  • Bastion Michael... 2012/12/17 20:16:06
    Bastion
    Class.
  • Michael... Bastion 2012/12/17 20:17:19
  • Bastion Michael... 2012/12/17 20:19:48
  • Michael... Bastion 2012/12/17 20:35:33
  • CommieH... Bastion 2012/12/17 21:09:34
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +1
    Yeah, like your post to Rock was really classy ---> Rock . . . . just shut the f*ck up. Really.

Typical HYPOCRITE
  • ☆The Ro... Bastion 2012/12/17 21:54:14
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +2
    No class, Troll!
  • ☆The Ro... Bastion 2012/12/17 21:51:57
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +2
    No, you STFU and don't post if you don't like the poll! The truth is the truth and you Leftists don't want to acknowledge the truth..The overexposure will breed other nutcases and copycat killing!! The liberal politicians are now foaming from the mouth to ban guns and make stricter gun laws..
  • Bastion ☆The Ro... 2012/12/17 23:35:21
    Bastion
    Lies, hatred and stupidity. And ball-less macho posturing.

Less dead kids? Universal access to comprehensive mental health care, and a ban on assault rifles and large capacity magazines.

Anyone not in the police or military who thinks they need a semi-automatic rifle has a personality disorder.

I am not happy with the police state we have been LIVING IN SINCE NIXON/REAGAN . . . . but the people who think the solution is to go to war with ourselves are living in a fantasy land of video games and B movies.
  • ☆The Ro... Bastion 2012/12/17 23:43:38
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +2
    Do you even know what the purpose of the 2nd admendment?? Jefferson said it was to protect us from a tyrannical government! Now how are we suppose to protect ourselves from them with only shotguns and handguns?? Thomas Jefferson also said that when the government fears its people you have liberty but when the people fears its government, you have tyranny! Now why is the DHS buying bunches of ammo, why the caskets and why the National Civilian Security Force?? Sorry, but I trust the USA government about as far as I can spit and thats not too far!
  • CommieH... ☆The Ro... 2012/12/18 03:40:38
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +1
    I'm beginning to better understand the term "usefull idiots," the more I read some of the posts from these socialists that have their heads up their asses. It's just mind numbing at times. Do you think that some of these morons are financed by the DNC?
  • ☆The Ro... CommieH... 2012/12/18 03:44:54
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +2
    Yes, I just changed my blocking policy tonight because of it too!
  • Bastion CommieH... 2012/12/18 14:59:39
    Bastion
    +1
    The gun culture in America is way out of control. Anyone who thinks he needs an assault rifle has a personality disorder. Anyone who is stocking up on high powered weapons "in case the government comes" for them is an idiot.

Ban semi-automatic rifles and high capacity clips.

AND it should be easier to get comprehensive mental health care than it is to get a gun.

THAT'S what's going to happen. Argue away about the 2nd amendment - we ARE going to ban assault rifles and high capacity clips . . . it's going to happem, and it's RIGHT.
  • ☆The Ro... Bastion 2012/12/18 21:44:12
  • Bastion ☆The Ro... 2012/12/19 15:01:13
    Bastion
    This continues to be a false, straw man argument. Nobody wants to ban guns. I SUPPORT gun ownership. I own a gun. I think people owning guns for self-defense, hunting, sport, hobby, is a right and a good thing.

Arguing with that FAKE notion that gun ownership in under attack is misdirection and a waste of time.

This is about high capacity clips and semi-automatic assault rifles, and this is about mental health care.

Stop wasting time with this bullsh*t.
  • ProudPr... ☆The Ro... 2012/12/20 23:38:17
    ProudProgressive
    Just out of curiosity - why is one President's opinion treated as a set in stone law, while another President's opinion is constantly attacked and derogated no matter what it is? Jefferson didn't write the Constitution and was not part of the Constitutional Convention. He also did not participate in the creation of the Bill of Rights. Why are his opinions so much more important than the opinions of Martin Van Buren, or Grover Cleveland, or Barack Obama?
  • CommieH... Bastion 2012/12/18 23:56:44
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +2
    It's not the "gun culture"<--(your term) that's out of control, it's crime control & lack of enforcement of our laws by LEO, & further enhanced by the liberal courts revolving door policy with our prisons. "poor Johnny, his mommy didn't breast feed him long enough & that's what made him kill, so lets just let him off with "short time" & an early release.
  • Bastion ☆The Ro... 2012/12/18 14:59:17
    Bastion
    +1

• CommieH... Bastion 2012/12/18 23:58:44
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +1
    Gun Control Doesn't Reduce Murder

This study, which just appeared in Volume 30, Number 2 of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pp. 649-694), set out to answer the question in its title: "Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International and Some Domestic Evidence." Contrary to conventional wisdom, and the sniffs of our more sophisticated and generally anti-gun counterparts across the pond, the answer is "no." And not just no, as in there is no correlation between gun ownership and violent crime, but an emphatic no, showing a negative correlation: as gun ownership increases, murder and suicide decreases.

The findings of two criminologists - Prof. Don Kates and Prof. Gary Mauser - in their exhaustive study of American and European gun laws and violence rates, are telling:

Nations with stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those that do not. The study found that the nine European nations with the lowest rates of gun ownership (5,000 or fewer guns per 100,000 population) have a combined murder rate three times higher than that of the nine nations with the highest rates of gun ownership (at least 15,000 guns per 100,000 population).

For example, Norway has the highest rate of gun ownership in Western ...

Gun Control Doesn't Reduce Murder

For example, Norway has the highest rate of gun ownership in Western Europe, yet possesses the lowest murder rate. In contrast, Holland's murder rate is nearly the worst, despite having the lowest gun ownership rate in Western Europe. Sweden and Denmark are two more examples of nations with high murder rates but few guns. As the study's authors write in the report:

If the mantra "more guns equal more death and fewer guns equal less death" were true, broad cross-national comparisons should show that nations with higher gun ownership per capita consistently have more death. Nations with higher gun ownership rates, however, do not have higher murder or suicide rates than those with lower gun ownership. Indeed many high gun ownership nations have much lower murder rates. (p. 661)

Finally, and as if to prove the bumper sticker correct - that "gun don't kill people, people do" - the study also shows that Russia's murder rate is four times higher than the U.S. and more than 20 times higher than Norway. This, in a country that practically eradicated private gun ownership over the course of decades of totalitarian rule and police state methods of suppression. Needless to say, very few Russian murders involve guns.

The important thing to keep in mind is not the rate of deaths by gun - a statistic that anti-gun advocates are quick to recite - but the overall murder rate, regardless of means. The criminologists explain:

[P]er capita murder overall is only half as frequent in the United States as in several other nations where gun murder is rarer, but murder by strangling, stabbing, or beating is much more frequent. (p. 663 - emphases in original)

It is important to note here that Profs. Kates and Mauser are not pro-gun zealots. In fact, they go out of their way to stress that their study neither proves that gun control causes higher murder rates nor that increased gun ownership necessarily leads to lower murder rates. (Though, in my view, Prof. John Lott's More Guns, Less Crime does indeed prove the latter.) But what is clear, and what they do say, is that gun control is ineffectual at preventing murder, and apparently counterproductive.
  • Bastion CommieH... 2012/12/19 15:00:22
    Bastion
    +1

Stop wasting time with this bullsh*t.
  • CommieH... Bastion 2012/12/19 23:11:40
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    Apparently you didn't read it, or you have trouble with reading comprehension. I'm surprised that when libs don't produce results that you agree with, that you bail on them. I guess you're not very loyal to your political ideology when they don't come down on your side of the fence.
  • Bastion CommieH... 2012/12/20 14:38:53
    Bastion
    +1
    I'm sorry, please clarify. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

You have knowledge of MY "ideology"? Please, enlighten me further about what I think.
  • CommieH... Bastion 2012/12/24 22:13:31
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +1
    You just stated what you think above. It's not difficult for us to deduce where you stand.
  • Bastion CommieH... 2012/12/24 22:29:30
    Bastion
    You're telling me "you're not very loyal to your political ideology" as if what I said somehow doesn't jive with my "ideology".

I'm asking you to explain where I've failed in what I believe. You seem to know.
  • CommieH... Bastion 2012/12/27 05:16:09
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +1
    You're an enigma because you're on both sides of the issue, so you're not loyal to your idealogy (whichever one that happens to be) ...
    (If you're a liberal), then your "straw man comment", & "no body wants to ban guns" & "arguing with a fake notion" & your denial that this isn't about banning guns or gun control comments, show you're lying about your support of the 2nd amendment....
    (If you're a conservative), then you're a very UNINFORMED one....or maybe you're just totally confused.....

Your post----> This continues to be a false, straw man argument. Nobody wants to ban guns. I SUPPORT gun ownership. I own a gun. I think people owning guns for self-defense, hunting, sport, hobby, is a right and a good thing.

Stop wasting time with this bullsh*t.
  • Bastion CommieH... 2012/12/27 17:08:09 (edited)
    Bastion
    I'm not an enigma (although that would be cool).

I support 2nd Amendment rights. I own a gun. In my opinion, anyone who thinks he has any legitimate reason (other than "wanna") to own a semi-automatic weapon with high capacity magazines of ANY type, is operating under a delusion. An entire society awash in WalMart Bushmasters is not an America we should be TRYING for.
    I don't know if it would be best to ban them all outside of police and miltary, have special licenses with high standards for some but not others, or what.

I do know that the answer, right now, is most definitely not more guns.
    I do know that the way it is now, with guns, in America, is pathological.
    We need to address that pathology, or it will get worse.
  • Bastion CommieH... 2012/12/27 17:12:12 (edited)
  • ☆The Ro... Bastion 2012/12/19 22:07:15
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +1
    If a person is sane, not a felon he should be able to have any type gun that he wants...I might add that with these type guns there be more training, and a liscencing procedure to own them but a ban is not the answer..People will get them illegially if they can.look at the drug cartel and the gangs in the cities??
  • Bastion ☆The Ro... 2012/12/20 14:45:35
    Bastion
    Yeah, as far as semi-automatic assault rifles with high capacity clips, I think an outright ban IS the answer. These weapons have ONLY one designed use - to kill large numbers of humans. There is no other use for them.

Outside of police or military, owning these weapons should be severely restricted and licenced, at the very least. Retroactively, as well.

That they may be found illegally is no excuse. Why have laws at all, for anything, then? Because someone could put together a dynamite bomb, and drop it on your house from a helicopter, should you have the right to own a shoulder-mounted surface-to-air missle?

2014/09/16 13:10:24