Do You Think President Obama Will Win the 2012 Election?

Politics 2012/05/09 03:52:22
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• **StarzAbove** 2012/05/11 18:57:08
    **StarzAbove**
    Yes.
  • Sasssy 2012/05/11 14:53:45
    Sasssy
    If the other sides plays fair. Trickery & cheating is the name of their game.
  • David (oYo) 2012/05/11 14:52:10
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Freak 2012/05/10 18:52:34
    Fullmetal Alchemist Freak
    +1
    Oh HELL no, and he never should have.
  • MJ 2012/05/10 14:53:13
    MJ
    +1
    Obama 2012
  • Wag 2012/05/10 13:08:27
    Wag
    +1
    Just on substance alone.....The people will reject crazy in the end...

mitt romney crazy
  • TheThinker Wag 2012/05/17 09:13:49
    TheThinker
    +1
    And your boy Obonehead has never lied about anything EXCEPT:

Lies During Third Year

In his 2012 State of the Union Address, President Obama said that American oil production is the highest that it’s been in eight years.
    www.breitbart.com

I’ve done more for Israel’s security than any President ever
    Obama aided Islamic Extremists take over of Egypt/ Libya – Weapons pour into Gaza

Virtually every Senate Republican voted against the tax cut last week
    Examiner

“Every idea that we’ve put forward are ones that traditionally have been supported by Democrats and Republicans alike.”
    Like Raising taxes?

Obama met highly qualified out of work teacher Robert Baroz
    He wasn’t out of work and Obama never met him.

GOP Responsible for Obama Jobs Bill Not Passing
    Dems Rejected Jobs Bill

You have 80 percent of the American people who support a balanced approach. Eighty percent of the American people support an approach that includes revenues and includes cuts. So the notion that somehow the American people aren’t sold is not the problem
    Gallup Poll: Only 69%

These are obligations that the United States has taken on in the past. Congress has run up the credit card, and we now have an obligation to pay our bills.
    Looks like it’s been incurred mostly in the years of Obama

Jobs Bill Paid for
    Seems not so much Paid for

T...

Lies During Third Year

www.breitbart.com

Examiner

Like Raising taxes?

Dems Rejected Jobs Bill

Gallup Poll: Only 69%

Jobs Bill Paid for
    Seems not so much Paid for

Then you’ve got their(GOP)which is dirtier air, dirtier water, less people with health insurance
    Barack Obama, campaiging in Asheville, NC, 10/17/11

I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven’t resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it.
    American.com

USA producing more oil than ever before
    Petroleum Insights

Fence between US and Mexico is “Practically Complete”
    Department of Homeland Security says 5%

Rich doesn’t pay their fair share.
    National Taxpayers Union

Lies During Second Year

Obama claimed the SCOTUS decision in Citizens United v. FEC, “open[ed] the floodgates for special interests — including foreign corporations — to spend without limit in our elections.
    nationalreview.com

No signing statements to nullify or undermine congressional instructions as enacted into law
    Obama Lies to Keep Czars

No “boots” on the ground Libya
    Anyone that has worked with the AC-130 gunship can tell you, you need spotters to let aircraft know where the targets are. Usually it is Special Forces, Rangers etc trained for this mission. It’s CIA Agents in Libya on the ground

Reform will also rein in the abuse and excess that nearly brought down our financial system. It will finally bring transparency to the kinds of complex, risky transactions that helped trigger the financial crisis.
    Obama Lies About Financial Reform Bill

All Americans WILL BE were, “surprised, disappointed and angry” about lockerbie bomber
    Obama Memo

I will not rest until the BP Oil Spill stops
    Obama’s Schedule

The health care bill will not increase the deficit by one dime.
    Campaign and Presidency

If you like the health care plan you have you can keep it
    TownHall

“Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.”
    U.S. Capitol, Washington, D.C., September 9, 2009.

ObamaCare Fee is not a new tax
    Obama denies healthcare is a new tax on all Americans

We have run out of places in the US to drill for oil.
    Obama’s oval office speech in June 2010

Now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you can be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen.
    Arizona Immigration Law

Doctors choose amputation because they get better compensation. Greedy Doctors taking out tonsils for more money.
    Claims never documented

The Health Care Package will pay for itself
    Time

Republicans don’t have a single idea that’s different from George Bush’s ideas — not one.
    Hmm Immigration?

We shouldn’t Mandate the purchase of health care
    Democratic Debate Lies

Obama says he’ll save average family $8,000 in gas
    Video Proof

I am immediately instituting PayGo “Pay as you go”
    Said during a speech immediately after the Trillion Dollar “Shovel Ready” bill.

I got the Message from Massachusetts
    Daily Bail
    Lies During First Year

We began by passing a Recovery Act that has already saved or created over 150,000 jobs.” – caught cooking the books and now changed to ‘jobs supported’ versus ‘created/saved’
    AP fact Checker

Number one, we inherited a $1.3 trillion deficit. … That wasn’t me.” – Congress, under Democratic control in 2007 and 2008, controlled the purse strings that led to the deficit Obama inherited.Obama supported the emergency bailout package in Bush’s final months — a package Democratic leaders wanted to make bigger.
    AP fact Checker

Collective salvation
    Obama calls himself a Christian

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
    Obama Inauguration. 20 Jan 2009

Cut Deficit in Half by end of first term
    Associated Press Video

Health Care deals will be covered on C-span
    Obama Lies

As President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide
    ABC

Recovery Act will save or create jobs
    ABC News

Unemployment rate will be 8.5% without stimulus.
    Obama Lies

No Earmarks in the $787 Billion Stimulus
    CNN

I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care plan
    Specator.Org

We have launched a housing plan that will help responsible families facing the threat of foreclosure lower their monthly payments and refinance their mortgages.
    Obama Lies

I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage.
    NPR

Guantanamo bay to be closed within a year
    Council on Foreign Relations.

Won’t Raise taxes on those making less than 250,000 per year.
    Businessweek: Obama Agnostic on taxes
    List of Tax Promise Violations
    2008 Campaign Lies

No more wiretapping of citizens
    Youtube

Mr. Ayers as “a guy who lives in my neighborhood,” but “not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.
    News Busters

I had a uncle who was one of the, who was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps
    United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

Obama campaign would accept public funding
    ABC

Minimum Wage will increase to $9.50/hr
    A Socialist

Ann Dunham spent the months before her death in 1995 fighting with insurance companies that sought to deny her the coverage she needed to pay for treatment.
    Mounting Heath Care Lies

Didn’t know Jeremiah Wright was Radical
    Dreams of My Father – A radical Socialist.

Would have the most transparent administration in History
    Cato Institute

We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way.
    Boston Globe

I have visited all 57 states.
    Snopes

I’ll get rid of earmarks
    Source: Any bill passed during presidency

When a bill lands on my Desk, The American people will have 5 days to review it before I sign it.
    Campaign Speech

My father served in World War II.
    The Videos and the Facts

Have troops out of Iraq by March 31, 2009
    News Video

Seniors Making less than 50,000 will not have to pay taxes
    YouTube

Would not vote for any bill supporting troop funding without a firm withdrawal commitment from the Bush Administration.
    He has done nothing but continue the Bush admins strategy and to explain how the “surges total failure” has now become his greatest achievement.

Present Votes Are Common In Illinois
    NPR

I Won Michigan
    Huffington Post

I won Nevada
    The Nation

I don’t Have Lobbyists
    US News

My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad
    Crooks and Liars

I Have Always Been Against Iraq
    Washington Post

My Wife Didn’t Mean What She Said About Pride In Country
    CNN

Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.
    Obama Campaign Video

I Barely Know Rezko
    Sun Times

My Church Is Like Any Other Christian Church
    ABC News
  • RobertChristopherLaity 2012/05/10 08:40:49 (edited)
    RobertChristopherLaity
    +1
    He didn't win the 2008 "Election". Obama has never BEEN the Boma-fides President. He is a Fraud and a Traitor.He CAN'T win in 2012 even if the Misprisioners of his treason allow him to. He is disqualified and lacks ANY validation.
    http://www.thepostemail.com/0...
  • Wag RobertC... 2012/05/10 13:10:15
    Wag
    +2
    Obamas landslide win

this looks like a win to me.....
  • Guru_T_... RobertC... 2012/05/11 22:07:04
    Guru_T_Firefly
    He did, actually.

republican sour grapes
  • mrdog 2012/05/10 07:18:22
    mrdog
    +1
    His record in office is not good at all.... bye bye...bark
  • Brian mrdog 2012/05/12 00:49:16
    Brian
    +1
    Boy do I hope you are right, I'm going to do my part.
  • mrdog Brian 2012/05/12 06:07:45
    mrdog
    Great picture...bark
  • Chris 2012/05/10 06:34:22
    Chris
    I don't want him to win but how can Romney beat him when he still hasn't even locked down the GOP nomination after outspending his rivals as much as 10 to 1.
  • GeorgeAMartini 2012/05/10 06:01:34
    GeorgeAMartini
    "It's the economy stupid", comes to mind.
  • Batman 2012/05/10 05:11:16
    Batman
    Liberals are more united behind their main candidate.
  • Claybern 2012/05/10 04:34:43
    Claybern
    No and hell no.
  • Everett Thompson 2012/05/10 03:10:04
    Everett Thompson
    +2
    He cooked his goose with his approval of gay marriages!
  • Tin Man 2012/05/10 00:46:34
    Tin Man
    +2
    Tho' I'm not a fan and didn't vote for him the first time and won't this time, either. I think it's getting closer to a coin toss on likelihood now. But at this point I think he'd win. Go figure.
  • YUGO 2012/05/10 00:42:30 (edited)
    YUGO
    +3
    He will not win because his "audacity of hope" is nothing but"audacity of hopelessness and despair, his "yes we can" has become "no, we will never" and the "dreams of his father" have become our national nightmare, scaring us, threatening us and killing us. Killing us all not softly but with the fist and the fury.
  • ajracestables1 2012/05/10 00:12:54
    ajracestables1
    +2
    Hopefully most will register to vote and if they do, he does not have a chance. He gets votes from the liberals only because he is a liberal, otherwise no sane person will vote for him.
  • Common Sense 2012/05/09 22:33:19
    Common Sense
    +2
    Simply put, Romney is not a strong candidate. Unlike the Conservatives, Moderates are not going to vote for Romney simply to oust the Obama.
  • Ol'Dave 2012/05/09 22:00:38
    Ol'Dave
    +1
    While he SAYS things that SOUND GOOD, his follow-through is LACKING!! If the VOTE goes by WHAT HE HAS DONE/NOT DONE he won't get re-elected, if the vote is on WHAT SOUNDS GOOD he will be- it'll be close!
  • swordinhand72 2012/05/09 20:50:49
    swordinhand72
    +1
    God,I hope not!!!
  • Heptarch 2012/05/09 20:11:02
    Heptarch
    +2
    I think Romney doesn't have enough support from his own party. That party is also drifting further and further toward right wing extremism even as we speak, alienating moderates. You can't win a national election with Liberals and Moderates both voting against you.
  • Uranos7 Heptarch 2012/05/09 20:56:09
    Uranos7
    +3
    Romney leading in the nomination election shows that the party is moving back closer to the moderates and once they are over the party will come together to Fire Obama.
    Obama fired
  • Heptarch Uranos7 2012/05/09 20:58:07
    Heptarch
    +1
    I think you're being optimistic. All the reading I've done lately is that Romney's support within the GOP is pretty weak. It all remains to be seen, of course, and anything can happen. But I don't think Romney will have enough support to defeat an incumbent.
  • Uranos7 Heptarch 2012/05/10 03:13:43
    Uranos7
    +1
    Obama's favorable / unfavorable ratings are falling every day.
    The media is waking up and beginning to critcize him so it will begin to drop more soon.
  • Heptarch Uranos7 2012/05/10 03:17:21
    Heptarch
    No, they're not. They've been holding more or less steady at 46-49% for months.

http://www.realclearpolitics....
  • Sam DePecan 2012/05/09 20:08:36
    Sam DePecan
    +1
    He's trying all kinds of differernt tactics right now. It is so obvious that he has no reliable "ace-in-the-hole" type of plan that he can fall-back-on . . . Several people do feel sorry for him; as he has done nothing . . . And spending 4-years (potential 8-years?) blaming any of the 43-men who preceeded him is a just worn-out admission that he realizes the sure defeat. I guess in a way it is kind of sad. I can see how someone would want to sympathize with him . . . Despite the fact, it's now a proven point that the man does suck. There is no doubt about THAT!
  • S.Lewis 2012/05/09 19:35:23
    S.Lewis
    +1
    Of course he will.
  • ednatee 2012/05/09 18:49:46
    ednatee
    but the economy is very dismal and health care will not be available for those without the money......there will be more problems in the MidEast...will get worse before it gets better..if it ever gets better...republicans will only promise and not deliver as much either...very little difference since there is so little money available
  • Uranos7 ednatee 2012/05/09 20:57:40
    Uranos7
    For all of those reasons Obama will loose, and it will get better once we have someone that knows how to budget in the Whitehouse.
  • TheThinker ednatee 2012/05/17 09:22:16
    TheThinker
    Talk about over promising.....

The accumulated weight of Obama’s deceit is overwhelming:

* During his campaign for the presidency and since, Obama repeatedly assured us that he would protect Medicare against cuts; but he now presses for passage of bills that include savage cuts in Medicare.

* To obtain passage of his first stimulus bill, Obama assured us that 90% of the jobs created would be in the private sector; but as he well knew, most of them were to be in the public sector.

* Early in the health care debate, Obama assured us that he had not said that he favored a single payer system; but he was on record as having said exactly that.

* Obama gave primary voters a firm assurance that if he became the nominee of the Democratic party he would (unlike Hillary Clinton) abide by the campaign finance limits of public funding; but as soon as he became the party’s nominee, he reneged on that pledge.

* During the presidential campaign Obama criticized the presence of former lobbyists in the Bush administration and solemnly assured us that he would appoint no lobbyists to his administration; but once elected he proceeded to appoint even more lobbyists than his predecessors.

* Obama criticized the size of George Bush’s deficit and promised to stop deficit spending if elected; but he has alr...

Talk about over promising.....

* Obama criticized the size of George Bush’s deficit and promised to stop deficit spending if elected; but he has already quadrupled the size of the deficit he objected to and recklessly continues new federal spending in the trillions.

* When campaigning Obama criticized bills before the congress that were too long for anyone to be able to read and promised to stop that; but the bills he has been backing throughout his first year are infinitely longer (2000+ pages) than the ones he criticized.

* Candidate Obama promised an end to the corruption of earmarks and pork, but in the bills he has supported this year there have been more and bigger earmarks than ever before.

* Candidate Obama promised us that CIA personnel involved in the interrogation of terrorists would not be prosecuted; but his administration is now doing exactly that.

* Obama assured a joint session of Congress that the health bill he supported (pre-Stupak) would not provide public funding for abortions; but bitter resistance on the part of House Democrats to inclusion of language to that effect soon proved that it did.

* Candidate Obama promised that he would make sure that there was always enough time for the public to read legislation before it was enacted; but he has done exactly the opposite, repeatedly pressing for even faster passage of even longer bills.

* Candidate Obama met fears that he would be a tax and spend liberal by promising, emphatically and repeatedly, that those earning under $200,000 would see no increase in their taxes of any kind; but he now urges passage of a healthcare bill that breaks that pledge in many different ways, and his unrestrained increase in federal spending makes more tax increases inevitable.

* Candidate Obama promised bipartisanship and an end to partisan bickering; but in a display of especially ruthless partisanship his allies have shut Republicans out of all key meetings on his health care initiative, with the unprecedented result that domestic legislation of historic importance garnered not a single Republican vote in the Senate.

* Candidate Obama criticized his opponent’s plan to tax employer paid healthcare benefits, and promised he would not tax them; but the bill he now backs will do just that.

* Obama had promised that he would not sign a healthcare bill that would add one dime to the federal deficit; but the bill he now backs adds trillions in new federal spending, offset only by new sources of revenue that are both uncertain and more properly seen as offsetting the already existing deficit.

* Obama coerced congress into passing his stimulus bill by promising that if it were passed unemployment could go no higher then 8%; but unemployment is now at 10%, and he could not possibly have had good reason to exclude that possibility.

* Obama promised that his cap and trade legislation will create jobs; but its massive tax increases will certainly hobble the economy and destroy jobs, while green jobs in significant numbers can at best be hoped for, but never promised.

* Obama has repeatedly assured the American people that if they like their current health plan they can keep it; but the House bill which he supported created huge incentives for employers to drop their coverage and shift their members to a public option.

* Obama has just as often assured the public that under his health plan everyone will be able to keep their current doctor; but many are certain to lose their doctors when ObamaCare’s large cuts in Medicare funding induce more doctors to withdraw from Medicare coverage, as they also would were employers to transfer patients to a public option to save money.

* Obama assured a joint session of Congress that his health plan would not fund illegal aliens; but his allies had been busy voting down amendments to that effect. (This was the point of Joe Wilson’s outburst.)

* Obama claimed that Caterpillar’s CEO had told him that Caterpillar would begin hiring again as a result of the stimulus bill; but that individual immediately announced that he had said no such thing, and that Caterpillar would in fact be laying off more workers.

* Candidate Obama promised that Guantanamo would be closed by January 1, 2010; but it is still open.

* Candidate Obama promised that his administration (unlike his predecessor’s) would be so transparent that TV cameras (C-Span) would be there for key deliberations; but an unprecedented level of secrecy prevails as the final stages of Obamacare are negotiated behind closed doors and kept so secret that even the Senate majority whip admitted that he had no idea what was going on. Requests for Obama to honor the promise of C-Span cameras are being ignored.

* To gain traction for his attempt to return a would-be socialist dictator in Honduras to power, Obama claimed that he had been overthrown in an illegal coup; but the congressional research service pointed out correctly that ex-President Zelaya had been removed for constitutionally sufficient cause by legal and constitutional means.

* Obama claims that he wants a public option only to increase choice and competition; but the House bill would clearly reduce choice both by squeezing unsubsidized private health plans out of the market, and by setting rigid conditions on acceptable plans that would narrow available options.

* Candidate Obama claimed that violent radical Bill Ayers was just another guy in his neighborhood; but the record shows that the two had worked closely together.

* Obama assured us that his stimulus bill would create or save a million jobs; but he was claiming as fact what could never have been more than a wild (and highly improbable) guess, and his more recent attempts to justify that guess have been fraudulent.

* Obama assured us that his health plan would never ration care, or “pull the plug” on grandma; but the legislation he backs sets up panels to make crucial decisions on when to withhold care, and it makes such deep cuts in Medicare that rationing is inevitable.

* Obama now assures us that health insurance premiums will not go up if ObamaCare becomes law, insisting indignantly that people who say this have not read the bill; but the legislation forces insurers to cover preexisting conditions, which will compel them to raise premiums substantially.

This is an extraordinary record of serial mendacity. One or two instances might charitably be regarded as rash promises later regretted, or as the wishful thinking of someone who had not thought through the implications of what he was saying. But when it happens again and again—and my 30 instances are by no means exhaustive—only one judgment seems possible: this is the record of a habitual, shameless liar, a man who will say anything to get what he wants. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, goes the old saying. But scores of times? How shameful is that for our society when this disgraceful record is never the subject of a reproachful editorial in the New York Times, the Washington Post, or CBS news? Richard Nixon was removed from office, and Bill Clinton impeached for a single lie. Who could look at Obama’s record without concluding that his lying is in a completely different league to theirs?

President Obama evidently believes that he can solve any problem with a speech. But he really does not care whether what he says is true or not, nor does he feel any responsibility to honor the assurances and promises he makes. As a result, this nation is now in a position where it cannot believe a word that he says, and that amounts to an unprecedented crisis of confidence in the Presidency. Democratic government will atrophy if we allow lying on this scale to count as the business as usual of politics. When will the press and the Congress hold him accountable?
  • cindy 2012/05/09 17:50:32
    cindy
    +3
    Looks like he will not be re elected thank God !
  • davyd god loving patriot 2012/05/09 17:42:29
    davyd god loving patriot
    +6
    if people use common sense, the greatest socialist since hitler, osama nobama is gone or is he a communist ?
  • JCD aka... davyd g... 2012/05/09 17:48:55
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    "The greatest socialist since Hitler"???
  • davyd g... JCD aka... 2012/05/09 17:55:19
    davyd god loving patriot
    that's what "nazi" stood for, now dems stand for it, or worse.
  • Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/05/09 17:22:51
    Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +2
    He probably will, because the GOP is banking on Mitt Romney who cannot get the votes to beat Obama. Why? Because in order for Mitt to win he needs ALL of Ron Paul's Republican supporters to get behind him. He'll probably do ok with that group, but what he won't get are MOST (possibly all) of Ron Paul's Libertarian, Constitutional, and Independent supporters to vote for him. It's just NOT going to happen.

So, the GOP's only chance is to make Ron Paul the nominee. This won't happen, unless RP's delegate strategy works and the GOP can't rig the vote at the convention. But the GOP will never actually push for RP to be the nominee. Not because he couldn't beat Obama (he would), but because he is a true conservative, and the GOP is a NEO-conservative organization. They aren't interested in smaller government, reduced spending, a non-interventionist foreign policy, ending the wars and not starting more based on lies, and the list goes on.

So, to summarize, Obama will win again in November if Romney is the GOP nominee. If the GOP nominee is Ron Paul, Obama will lose.
  • Mel 2012/05/09 17:11:45
    Mel
    Believe it might be close however he'll win

2014/09/20 20:10:01