Do You Think President Obama Will Win the 2012 Election?

SodaHead Politics 2012/02/03 01:11:32
We know you want to make your opinion count -- especially during the time of a serious election. So, every week, SodaHead will host a handful of up-to-date polls having to do with the upcoming 2012 election.

Vote on this week's election questions below and make sure to come back every Tuesday to see how everyone voted -- and to receive a new batch of questions worth pondering. It's a great time to have an opinion. So, dive right in to our 2012 Election poll.

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Starman 2012/02/04 22:20:21
    Starman
    +26
    Six months ago I had my doubts, but the progress in the economy and the weakness of the opposition candidates give me real confidence that we can help Mr Obama continue his great work into a second term.
    yes we can obama 2012

• Aahz_OneAndOnly 2012/02/20 10:36:35
    Aahz_OneAndOnly
    You're Fired!!!
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2012/02/08 00:40:18
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +1
    As each new Republican candidate came out, all I could do was laugh. In the beginning I felt Romney "had paid his dues" (ran but lost previously) & his party would give him the nod. Who would've thought the "states rights" people would hold his state initiative against him. Goes to show how much I understand Republicans. When he tried to be "all things to all people" I knew he was washed up & had joined the rest of the nuts.

I'd like to know what the Republicans have against Buddy Roemer. It took a left-leaning friend to make him known to me. Was he ignored because he didn't pander to the crazies on the fringe? The man made a whole lot of sense.

Oh well, at any rate. The four in the national eye don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of holding a candle to President Obama.
  • ryan.noh1 2012/02/07 19:25:38
    ryan.noh1
    +1
    Its the good old giant douche and turd sandwich. All the repubs offer up besides Paul is giant douches sandwiched between two turds, though.
  • ryan.noh1 ryan.noh1 2012/02/07 19:28:16
    ryan.noh1
    but yes, I still don't think Obama will win, no matter what side I'm on(I'm not even sure), I'm pretty sure most Americans hate (HATE) Obama right now. Hit people in there pockets (in this case, plain and simple, but worst case, unemployement) and they get reeaaal bitchy, and will lay the blame in the easiest placest... tell them what they want to hear and they'll hop right along to the piper.. we did the same with Obama, we're doing the same with these horrible candidates.
  • jorgito 2012/02/07 17:19:04
    jorgito
    +2
    President Obama is the better option for the 99%. That is my opinion.
  • moiraregis 2012/02/07 17:14:25
    moiraregis
    +5
    I hope to God he wins reelection; this country will never survive four more years of Republican rule. If whatever the GOP nominates wins, they'll be that much closer to the land of their dreams--America the Oligarchy, where the rich get richer and the poor try to scrape by on a reduced minimum-wage job with no benefits. You are being played for chumps by the GOP, who want nothing more than to unseat this president so they can dismantle public unions, outsource more jobs, keep the Bush tax cuts [or lower taxes for the rich, NOT the poor] and hammer the workers of this nation into the ground.

How can I get through to you? The GOP is the party of the 1%, and they laugh at you behind your back when you fall in lockstep behind your own oppressors.
  • #Justic... moiraregis 2012/02/08 00:42:43
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +1
    Preach it, it's the God heaven truth.
  • Grandpa moiraregis 2012/02/08 15:37:39
    Grandpa
    And the democrate are the bleeding hearts that want to give away the moneies they have worked for in the form of more taxes >. Maybe you like them reaching into your pocket to give it away put I don't >> We support every dictator in the world to buy friends who kill our troops but can't care for our own people >> Look at who's in office and giving away our tax dollars and printing money we can't back with assets >. Bailing out BIG COMPANIES ,Giving money to failing companies , We support the world and can't care for our own people And YOU want more of this clown >> The rich own the factories and the busseniss that give people work and you don't like them ?? Who do you want to work for ?/ The goverment ??were do you think they get there moniey from ? We work , the company pays us and then the goverment comes along and taxes us, to run this country and pay its employees Plus they tax the profits that the companies make . You are sick if you want 4 more years of more getting more money from China and spending what we don't have >> Vote wise in 2012
  • ehrhornp Grandpa 2012/02/09 07:19:45
    ehrhornp
    +2
    Rather have a "bleeding heart" than a party that bleed hearts of all its life. 15% of America is uninsured for medical insurance. No big deal to you republicans. They should have been born into Mitts family where they don't work, they don't pay taxes over 15%, they just suck money out of people. Way to go socialist for the rich.
  • Grandpa ehrhornp 2012/02/09 13:09:06 (edited)
    Grandpa
    Get a job and quit living off of someone elses labors >> WHY SHOULD THOSE GET UP EVER DAY AND WORK GIVE YOU MONEY TO LAY AROUND ON YOUR "DA" ??? Why should my tax dollars support YOU ??? Why are you wanting to live like the ones YOU want to take from ?? The rich who put people to work ,pay for thier hospilal ins.money in wages to support thier families and you think we should support YOU TOO ??? GO TO WORK AND EARN YOUR OWN MONEY and STOP WANTING the goverment to support your lazy behind >>> UNCLE SAM IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD MEN OR WOMEN TO SERVE AND THEY PAY FOR EVERYTHING >>> Just think in 20 or 30 years and you can retire and know you have worked for what the goverment gives you and your not a free loader >>. Vote wise in 2012 as the memo above explains it all >> If you want 4 more years of what we now have or a shot at some thing better ,as ANY THING IS BETTER THAN WHAT WE NOW HAVE >> Go back to school and learn a trade
  • ehrhornp Grandpa 2012/02/09 15:25:20
    ehrhornp
    +2
    So very Christian of you. I am sure Jesus would approve your stand. To hell with your fellow citizens, let them die in the street. By the way, I have my own insurance, I have not received a dime from the government. Can you say the same?

Why should my taxes support the 1% who do nothing but make bombs and lock people up for lots of profit? You socialists for the rich may be good at earning money off other people's pain but your services the country could really do without.

I look at efficiency and it is not efficient to pay double as a country and have 15% not even covered and God knows how many not adequately covered.

I will be voting for the best candidate of the ticket which is not saying much. Obama is far superior to a religious freak, a poor little rich boy, or an old corrupt politician. Got to hand it to you republicans. You really know how to pick them.

Nice to know you support socialism. Sign a piece of paper and then Gov. will provide all your needs, from clothing to housing to food to exercise. Way to go socialist for the rich.
  • Grandpa ehrhornp 2012/02/09 18:30:42 (edited)
    Grandpa
    YOU need a brain transplant ,nobody can be that STUPID < But that technology is not yet available so quess you have to live in the land of OZ >> Maybe the wizard can give you one as he did the scarecrow in the wizard of OZ >>> I never asked Jesus perhaps as you talk to him you can ask him to support those who are to lazy to work >> I supported MY country for 4.5 years and fed the orphans of other countries and thru my church have given so others who have loss thier jobs due to your HERO;s policies can feed thier families he has driven this country ( MY COUNTRY) into a huge resssion AS for picking them that our job and you sir have done a piss poor job if you look at the last 3.5 years >> The only socialist goverment is coming from the Democrates as they think we should take from the rich and give it to lazy clowns like YOU >> By the way I have never lived off the goverment and I pay my own way as a matter of pride in myself and this country >> If YOU sir think it so bad find another Country thats more to your likeing >> And YES I HAVE MY OWN INSURANCE as I am not to lazy to go out and work to buy it >> I'd like to see where you would work if the rich did not build factories and give you a salary >> I quess off the goverment >>> And MY TAX DOLLARS If your best is Obama GOD HELP THIS COU...>>>>
    YOU need a brain transplant ,nobody can be that STUPID < But that technology is not yet available so quess you have to live in the land of OZ >> Maybe the wizard can give you one as he did the scarecrow in the wizard of OZ >>> I never asked Jesus perhaps as you talk to him you can ask him to support those who are to lazy to work >> I supported MY country for 4.5 years and fed the orphans of other countries and thru my church have given so others who have loss thier jobs due to your HERO;s policies can feed thier families he has driven this country ( MY COUNTRY) into a huge resssion AS for picking them that our job and you sir have done a piss poor job if you look at the last 3.5 years >> The only socialist goverment is coming from the Democrates as they think we should take from the rich and give it to lazy clowns like YOU >> By the way I have never lived off the goverment and I pay my own way as a matter of pride in myself and this country >> If YOU sir think it so bad find another Country thats more to your likeing >> And YES I HAVE MY OWN INSURANCE as I am not to lazy to go out and work to buy it >> I'd like to see where you would work if the rich did not build factories and give you a salary >> I quess off the goverment >>> And MY TAX DOLLARS If your best is Obama GOD HELP THIS COUNTRY >> Vote Wise in 2012 Follow Kay advice get out there and find those opportunities >> You will be a better person for it
  • ehrhornp Grandpa 2012/02/09 19:17:34
    ehrhornp
    Well your profile says you are a christian but apparently you haven't learned his teachings. a pity. One should not call themselves a Christian if they are going to disregard his teachings. I suggest you either review his teachings or you remove Christian from your profile. Jesus was a pinko commie you know. You might remember he fed lots of people with just a few loaves and fish. Please note he did not charge them an arm and a leg to eat.

The recession started Under GW due to his failed economic policies which transfers wealth from the middle class to the very rich. That makes him nothing more than a socialist for the rich.

'Actually I like the time Obama has been in office. I have seen my stocks rise over 50% while I saw my stocks decline radically under your idiot hero G W Bush.

So you don't receive any SS checks? I believe you were in the military where for a few bucks you followed orders and lived just like a socialist. Totally dependent upon government to meet your needs, from food, clothing, housing, medical care, even exercise. So you sir are the socialist. Stop talking bad about yourself. lol
  • Phantom Grandpa 2012/02/12 23:55:25
    Phantom
    So you freeload Off Uncle Sam, yet run down the middle class 99%ers
  • Grandpa Phantom 2012/02/13 14:07:57
    Grandpa
    No you ignorit moron I and the rest of us PAID FOR OUR Social Security thru out our working lives by pay into FICA and our employIf you ier paying in 15% in matching funds >. And the goverment pissed it away ,So get off that bullsh-- we are freeloading >> If YOU sir had invested wisely your stocks would have gone up but "YOUR" hero Has caused alot of companies to go under or has used "OUR TAX DOLLARS " to bail them out >> OON'T BLAME others for your STUPIDITY >. It was YOU SIR that chose thoses investments NOT MR. BUSH >>> It was your hero that gave away MILLIONS in BONUSes to your rich friends in fannie may and freddie mac , AIG AND auto builders so your bad judgement would not cause YOU SIR TO LOSE IT ALL >>> The only thing YOU SIR NEED TO INVEST IN IS A BRAIN >>> Vote wise in 2012 or you may lose it all
  • Phantom Grandpa 2012/02/13 15:23:26
    Phantom
    Blame Obama all you want. Down deep you know who the culprit is. It all started with Reagan, and along came brainless Bush, who nearly finished us off. It was your brainless buddy who gave billions to his wealthy cronies through the Bush tax cuts.
    It's evident that you made some poor invesments in your life, but that comes with a defective brain.
  • Grandpa Phantom 2012/02/13 20:44:11 (edited)
    Grandpa
    the only bad investment I made was giving my retirement fund to the goverment >> Time for you to STOP blameing others for your bad judgement in the stock market >> No one force YOU SIR to invest in losers but I can't say the same with the money I and my employer paid into a retirement fund to be pissed away by those lawyers we put in office to represent "WE the PEOPLE" The same rich cronies that YOU SIR INVESTED IN >. You sure as hell didn't complain when they were paying you dividens and your stocks were going up > And as far as deep down I know better than put money into the stock market I buy GOLD so no matter what the clown in the Whitehouse does I have a better chance of not going broke >> And SIR your writting show beyond any reasonible doubt you have a defective Brain >> I have learned a long time ago that I sir am responible for the things I do in life and not to blame others because I am stupid enough to beleave the stock market will make you rich >. You should have bought an OIL wells or Gold not worthless stocks >> And your buddy extended those same tax cuts DAH DAH and look where we are now 16.2 TRILLION IN DEBT YOUR HERO's PART IS 7 TRILLION in 3.5 YEARS VOTE WISE IN 2012 or you may lose all your money PS ,we paid for social security have YOU ?????
  • Phantom Grandpa 2012/02/14 00:51:20
    Phantom
    What gave you the idea that I made bad investments? You're the one doing all the whining. I'm doing quite well. I'm far from wealthy, but living comfortably. I never depended on a soul for anything in my life, and never invested in the stock market. I paid into SS, for over 50 years, and plan on getting most of that back.
    Sorry that you're so bitter. It must come from all your bad invesments, and sucking up with the wrong political party.
  • Grandpa Phantom 2012/02/14 14:35:47 (edited)
    Grandpa
    Never invested and if you could pull YOUR head out of your behind and learn to READ ,you would not make such stupid statements >> You sir and the likes of you are whats wrong with this world >> Piss and moaning about everyones failures but your own ,just like the clown in the wihtehouse >>>Never depended on a soul not even your wife if you could find someone STUPID enough to marry you ( Male or Female) And you sir depend on SS to send you a check every month so I guess you lied as the one in the whitehouse does about never depending on anyone >>As for being bitter I never felt better about my live ,You sir are nothing but a bitter but stupid OLD MAN >. And as for your working 50 years ,I have you beat by 17 years and on two jobs for most >>> And the only one sucking up is YOU as your whinning and preaching shows >> And I vote for the man NOT THE PARTY and I would NEVER vote for the clown now running this country from a tele a promtor >> Never depended on your wife to give you kids ?/ Had them all by yourself that is if you ever had any >> And if answering YOUR STUPID WHINING sounds bitter you need to lok up the word ENLIGHTENMENT as I have tried my best but you still need a brain Transplant >>> VOTE WISE IN 2012 or you may not have that Social Security The answers were directed to ehrhornp >> Why are you answering his posts ??????
  • kay ehrhornp 2012/02/09 13:29:03
    kay
    +2
    That still leaves 85% with medical insurance, correct? Last I checked, that is a significant majority. The needs of the many do not outweigh the needs of the few. 15% far exceeds the 0% being paid by those who are collecting the benefits from others' tax dollars. Some may have to work harder to get to the same place, but because we are not a socialist nation, opportunities are out there.
  • ehrhornp kay 2012/02/09 21:35:51
    ehrhornp
    +1
    It is piss poor when compared to our allies who have 100% coverage even for visitors. My brother had to rely upon socialized medicine when he visited Rome a year or so ago and became very sick. He was able to get medical care and hardly had to pay anything. People are very afraid of coming to the United states for fear of getting sick and trying to get care.
  • Phantom ehrhornp 2012/02/12 23:51:20
    Phantom
    Socialists for the rich. Now that's a great comparison.
  • ehrhornp Phantom 2012/02/13 01:23:21
    ehrhornp
    For some reason phony conservatives don't like that comparison. lol
  • Phantom moiraregis 2012/02/12 23:46:57
    Phantom
    Yes they are laughing, but these fools continue to support them, thinking they'll get an extra crumb or two.
  • cindy 2012/02/07 16:09:13
    cindy
    GOD , I hope NOT !
  • moiraregis cindy 2012/02/07 17:14:49
    moiraregis
    +1
    why? are you a millionaire?
  • JP 2012/02/07 15:45:35 (edited)
    JP
    That being said, I won't be voting for him. I just think those that vote for a living outnumber those that work for a living.
  • moiraregis JP 2012/02/07 17:18:59
    moiraregis
    +2
    who [aside from legislators] votes for a living? if you vote Republican, I can guarantee that those who work for a living will be vastly outnumbered by those who can't, because American workers cost too much, and we have no right to steal a living wage from our great fellow Americans, the corporations.
  • JP moiraregis 2012/02/08 00:07:16
    JP
    Corporations hire people. If they have a business model like GE that donates millions to Obama, not only do they pay no taxes, get their CEO appointed to some job CZAR position, they also get to invest billions in Chinese jobs.
  • #Justic... JP 2012/02/08 00:46:22
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +1
    Except Bush gave them tax breaks to GE so that they get a refund via YOUR POCKET! What's wrong with rescinding them tax breaks that became the law of the land in 2003 so WE don't have to pay more taxes so GE & send more jobs to China, with US TAXPAYERS FOOTING THE BILL.
  • JP #Justic... 2012/02/08 01:16:50
    JP
    The Bush tax cuts expired. Obama and the Democrat congress extended them.
  • #Justic... JP 2012/02/08 01:32:39
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    Taking hostages to keep tax cuts still going doesn't take Bush's name from them. Your party don't care who they hurt as long as they get their way. Yet y'all have the unmitigated gall to cry about the deficit. Those tax cuts blasted a hole in the deficit, along with the 2 unfunded wars & a prescription drug benefit (also unfunded) that was a gift to big pharma.
  • JP #Justic... 2012/02/08 01:42:18
  • #Justic... JP 2012/02/08 02:01:59
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    Blue dog Democrats don't count. BTW, name calling ALWAYS earns a block. GOODBYE!
  • ryan.noh1 JP 2012/02/07 19:30:09
    ryan.noh1
    +1
    What are you on? What numbers are you looking at? You are aware that the most of the people unemployed right now are so because they isn't any work, right? Unless you really believe the OWS actually represent the %99, then you're more like a liberal than you realize.
  • JP ryan.noh1 2012/02/08 00:12:26
    JP
    I am basing my opinions on the people around me and the clear differences of the people that are concerned with the national debt and those that pine for a "personal" bailout of what ever sort they are concerned with. There seems to be more and more people looking for the free ride than those looking to earn it the old fashioned way. I know people that turn down work because their benefits would be reduced and I know people that could work less and get more benefits.

I don't believe that most of the OWS represent anything more than the base of the democrat party. I'm not condemning them for that, just trying to give credit where I see it's due.

I am somewhat liberal, more libertarian and mostly conservative...depending on the subject.
  • ryan.noh1 JP 2012/02/22 19:05:04
    ryan.noh1
    They are not the base of the democratic party, either, just some of the most vocal, because that's all apart of how they stoke their own egos.

Also, again I imagine the "old fasioned way" is to just "work" what you can when you can, but it seems to me that a lot of people just can't find any work.
  • JP ryan.noh1 2012/02/22 22:32:28
    JP
    I hear ya there. I have been blessed with a good job situation. It seems that those that really want the work are suffering and those looking for handouts are doing much better.
  • Dave 2012/02/07 08:18:55
    Dave
    +2
    Of course! If he loses, then we deserve the corporatist take over of the USA. You have to be out of your mind or soo mentally saturated by FOX to vote for Mittens.

I have hope for the USA - all I care is that the senate and congress are democratic because the republicons are after that - the presidency doesn't matter to them.
  • I yams what i yams 2012/02/07 04:21:32
    I yams what i yams
    obutt head is a butt head..

2014/04/18 08:13:13