Do you think President Clinton’s speech last night was a success?

Fox Report with Shepard Smith 2012/09/06 14:00:00

• kudabux 2012/09/06 15:14:16
    kudabux
    +36
    If you have to ask that question, you didn't watch it. He was phenomenal: he put it out there in plain English just exactly what the Republican plan was, and explaining that no president could fix in four years what put us in the position.

• strawberry sjalan 2012/09/09 01:22:34
    strawberry
    +3
    Yes he did.!
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/09/08 07:33:56
  • messenger seadog6... 2012/09/08 17:44:32
    messenger
    +4
    it is to bad that you have nothing intelligent to say
  • seadog6... messenger 2012/09/08 21:27:33
  • strawberry seadog6... 2012/09/09 01:30:37
    strawberry
    +1
    And Republicans who have to use an old actor talking to an empty chair has no credibility. By the way "Assclown" in not a vocabulary word.
  • seadog6... strawberry 2012/09/09 03:17:54
  • JAA seadog6... 2012/09/10 07:52:52 (edited)
    JAA
    That's not "messenger", dufus, it's "messanger" (he makes a mess of people when he's angry), lol. "Damn, I'm funny!"
  • seadog6... JAA 2012/09/10 14:19:03
  • JAA seadog6... 2012/09/11 01:04:45
    JAA
    Sea Dog has a sense of humor!! Who'd of thunk it! ;-)
  • seadog6... JAA 2012/09/11 02:38:15
  • strawberry messenger 2012/09/09 01:27:42
    strawberry
    +2
    What do you expect from Conservatives.? All they can do is attack. Just remember what that Republican Convention was about.? Attack! attack! attack! They became so desperate they used senile Clint Eastwood to attack an empty chair. LOL!
  • JAA messenger 2012/09/09 04:24:09
    JAA
    Impeached liar endorsing a need-to-be-impeached Liar-In-Chief. I think it is very apropos.
  • strawberry seadog6... 2012/09/09 01:24:18
    strawberry
    +2
    And an "Assclown" putting on this message.
  • seadog6... strawberry 2012/09/09 03:18:53
  • joseph ... strawberry 2012/09/09 20:51:35
  • Geenie Nabottle 2012/09/08 07:30:40 (edited)
  • Mattynr Geenie ... 2012/09/08 09:20:06
    Mattynr
    +1
    I like both of these speakers Clint and Clinton......President Clinton was lacking information with the Medicare explanation, shooting from the hip and not correct. But, otherwise good speech clearly to the base and the power of a "Cheerleader" which has always been his talent.... making you feel good even in bad situations. Obama wasted 2 years with full and total control of both House and Senate..... his first order of business should have been the economy. He failed...... so Clint is right too..... he should step aside, needing and asking for more time will not help, conditions will only be allowed to get worse. Face it Obama may have the "Hopeful" but he just does not know how to do it. I will not be voting for him.
  • messenger Mattynr 2012/09/08 17:46:35
    messenger
    A google search will allow you to fact check all of Clinton's speech, try it instead of "shooting from the hip".
  • Mattynr messenger 2012/09/09 06:17:19 (edited)
    Mattynr
    It was only Medicare that I had and have issues with. For many years the government has been skimming off of Social Security and owes SS Trillions of dollars. Obamacare will require $716 Billion from Medicare and another $600 Billion from most Americans in the form of a TAX to fund it. That is no secret. Universal Health care is not FREE and Medicare for the seniors is not FREE either. Seniors have paid into both SS and Medicare all their working lives to have security in their aging years. If Medicare is going broke in 8 years and is a failure for 12 million Americans then 3rd grade math says something has to balance out the removal of $716 Billion. Clamping down on fraud over the past 3 years has gotten not much more than $10 Billion..... remember Billion is a big number. The way Medicare is today is that they do have limits on what is covered and what is paid out. Supplemental Insurance will only cover the gap in cost not treatment choices and you can't up grade your insurance to cover treatment gaps..... NOT ALLOWED. So, the government has full control on Insurance coverage. Example... at 75 a women can no longer have coverage for a mammogram. Back to the 3rd grade math.... limitations will be required ....... stroke meds, cancer meds and treatments may not all ...
    It was only Medicare that I had and have issues with. For many years the government has been skimming off of Social Security and owes SS Trillions of dollars. Obamacare will require $716 Billion from Medicare and another $600 Billion from most Americans in the form of a TAX to fund it. That is no secret. Universal Health care is not FREE and Medicare for the seniors is not FREE either. Seniors have paid into both SS and Medicare all their working lives to have security in their aging years. If Medicare is going broke in 8 years and is a failure for 12 million Americans then 3rd grade math says something has to balance out the removal of $716 Billion. Clamping down on fraud over the past 3 years has gotten not much more than $10 Billion..... remember Billion is a big number. The way Medicare is today is that they do have limits on what is covered and what is paid out. Supplemental Insurance will only cover the gap in cost not treatment choices and you can't up grade your insurance to cover treatment gaps..... NOT ALLOWED. So, the government has full control on Insurance coverage. Example... at 75 a women can no longer have coverage for a mammogram. Back to the 3rd grade math.... limitations will be required ....... stroke meds, cancer meds and treatments may not all be state of the art.... Bottom line is that the security of aging becomes a slippery sloop. Ryan's plan says you can keep what it is 55 and over today or you can opt out with a voucher to apply to private Insurance . Can you see the difference? Government forces your care and treatment and Rayan's plan gives you an option.
  • strawberry Mattynr 2012/09/09 01:57:20 (edited)
    strawberry
    Here is some of Bill Clinton's speech. "We Democrats, we think the country works better with a strong middle class, to work their way into it, with a relentless focus on the future, with business and government actually working together to promote growth and broadly shared prosperity. You see, we believe that "We're all in this together" is a far better philosophy than "you're on your own."
  • Mattynr strawberry 2012/09/09 06:27:33
    Mattynr
    I think my statement was he was off base on Medicare..... and probably Obamacare as well.... 22,000 pages..... have you read it? Obama signed into law without reading it, every Democrat in the House and Senate signed into law without reading it. I am sure Clinton has not read it either. Water under the bridge...... it needs fixing and 70% of Americans believe that. It was rushed out of committee leaving the House and given to the Senate at 11:00 pm the night before the Senate vote. Don't need a fact check on that one..... for real, who had time to read it, let alone study it.
  • Geenie ... Mattynr 2012/09/11 14:22:58
    Geenie Nabottle
    Saying "have you read it?!?" is only something that works when talking to people that lack critical thinking, evaluation & analysis skills.

And those are usually the people who typically talk like you and think that they have done something special by "reading" and think they are the only ones who actually "read" anything before talking about it..... Sheesh!
  • Mattynr Geenie ... 2012/09/21 05:15:39
    Mattynr
    Nancy Pelosi said.... "We have to pass it before you can know what is in it". For real.. Sheesh!
  • Geenie ... Mattynr 2012/09/21 18:25:57
    Geenie Nabottle
    Is that your best "snazzy" quip....
  • Geenie ... Mattynr 2012/09/11 14:03:56
    Geenie Nabottle
    So a former knowledgable president is a "cheerleader" now and an octagenarian actor who rambled on about nothing cracking jokes on an empty chair was a "good speech" in your mind?!?

O_o

Can I have some of what ever it is you are smoking because that has to be some good stuff!!!
  • Mattynr Geenie ... 2012/09/21 05:21:55
    Mattynr
    I think I said that Clinton speech was good and he has always been a Cheerleader making us feel good in bad times and hopeful for the future. Didn't his speech make you feel hopeful? Obama too, I would guess.... Obama said I feel "Hopeful" Clint and the chair was a hoot and it took off some of the rough edges of seriousness. So, all and all they both were good removing the need to smoke some good stuff. Just my opinion.
  • Geenie ... Mattynr 2012/09/21 18:32:24
    Geenie Nabottle
    Clint Eastwood on Extra, talking about the "dumb" person who would ask him to speak at a national political convention:

• Mattynr Geenie ... 2012/09/25 06:41:49
    Mattynr
    Did you get that from this? Post Clint reacting negative to his appearance? He said he believed in what he said....... there are only two major ways to take his appearance..... you either liked it or not..... i.e, liked him or not. I liked it. I am a Democrat that will not be voting for Obama.... I think I am going to put a Romney sign on my lawn and place an empty chair next to it. :)
  • Geenie ... Mattynr 2012/09/26 18:55:06
    Geenie Nabottle
    Suuurreee you are a democrat HAHAHA! Could you get anymore transparent!!!

And knock yourself out with the chair and yard sign thing.... You know what they say: Stupid is as stupid does
  • strawberry Geenie ... 2012/09/09 01:38:45
    strawberry
    +2
    There was no real substance at that Republican Convention. It was all about attacking President Obama and Democrats. Romney's speech was void of any hope or enthusiasm. Romney cannot even say how he would fix economic problems because he has no clue. He's not a leader. All his life Romney was told how to think by the Mormon Church and his father. Republicans for Romney showed their true selves with having Clint Eastwood talk to an empty chair. That was so pathetic.!
  • Mattynr strawberry 2012/09/09 06:30:58
    Mattynr
    I guess you were not there.... and by the way, I am a Democrat and I listen to all of them. Romney said at Thursday night’s National Republican Convention. Below, Romney's five-step plan to create 12 million jobs in America.

“First, by 2020, North America will be energy independent by taking full advantage of our oil and coal and gas and nuclear and renewables.

Second, we will give our fellow citizens the skills they need for the jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow. When it comes to the school your child will attend, every parent should have a choice, and every child should have a chance.

Third, we will make trade work for America by forging new trade agreements. And when nations cheat in trade, there will be unmistakable consequences.

Fourth, to assure every entrepreneur and every job creator that their investments in America will not vanish as have those in Greece, we will cut the deficit and put America on track to a balanced budget.

And fifth, we will champion small businesses, America’s engine of job growth. That means reducing taxes on business, not raising them. It means simplifying and modernizing the regulations that hurt small business the most. And it means that we must rein in the skyrocketing cost of healthcare by repealing and replacing Obamacare.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/20...
  • JAA strawberry 2012/09/10 07:55:48
    JAA
    One had to actually "think" during Romney's speech, & know how to adequately comprehend big words like "e-c-o-n-o-m-i-c-s".
  • T J 2012/09/08 05:00:27
    T J
    +3
    Bill Clinton turned the tables on the Republicans and exposed them for the frauds that they are. The people who view this as a failure are just bitter teabagger who can't accept the beatdown they got from Clinton.
  • Mattynr T J 2012/09/08 09:23:49
    Mattynr
    +2
    I voted yes, I liked Bill Speech, I like Bill and would love to have his 8 years back........ but I still will not vote for Obama..... I am not a Tea bagger or Republican... I am a Democrat ashamed of my party for the failure and disgrace to our Country.
  • T J Mattynr 2012/09/08 17:25:55
    T J
    +3
    Then vote for Mitt Romney and see us go back into the deep recession we're still trying to recover from. P.S. It appears you still have sour grapes because Obama beat Hillary in the primary. You may not be teabagger, but you're just as bad, a PUMA.
  • Mattynr T J 2012/09/09 06:38:01
    Mattynr
    Haven't heard that one in a long time PUMA..... are they still around? I am a 40 year Democrat and the party of past..... JK Kennedy.. Bill Clinton..... is not the party of today. But speaking about Hillary..... it is possible Clinton may have a vested interest pleasing the Dem Party for her opportunity to run again. I also think he wanted to help regain faith in the Party, a cheerleader..... I love the guy and he can make you feel good in all situations...... but Obama is not Clinton.... Obama does not have a clue on how to save our Country..... it doesn't mean he is bad or evil .... he is just an innocent and came to the office....... should say RUSHED to the office without experience. I will not vote for him......... Also.... Romney is not Bush, I really do think Romney can do better.
  • messenger Mattynr 2012/09/08 17:51:02
    messenger
    +1
    Do you believe that 4 or 8 years of Romney and the policies he supports (if you can even figure out what they are) would be better. As far as I can tell he supports more wars, more tax cuts for the rich and more deficit spending. Nothing will be done for the unemployed.
  • Mattynr messenger 2012/09/09 06:40:56
    Mattynr
    Read above some of my statements..... Yes, I do believe Romney can do better and if he can't in 4 years then we should fire him too.
  • R.J. Mattynr 2012/09/08 20:45:42
    R.J.
    Please, Try to Vote. Have hope that we can and will change This Nation. Look at congress That's hurting all of us the most. One Man can't do this alone. (We The People) Keep the hope in a new day, Money in our politics is killing our Nation.
  • Mattynr R.J. 2012/09/09 06:50:39
    Mattynr
    R.J. I know you are looking at the polls, it is hard not seeing them everyday. It is almost 50/50 Obama/Romney.......... but what else does this tell us? It is even more important to have Bipartisanship in all our government. Why? Because we, Americans, send these folks to Washington to bid our interest. So, Washington cannot govern only Republican or only Democrat ...... Clinton had a Total Republican House and Senate....... they did work together and those 8 years of Peace and Prosperity... Balanced Budgets..... surplus and a very strong Middle Class... reaching down to poverty pulling them up to middle class....... We need this working together. Now..... think about this........ Romney in Mass worked with a Total Democrat Assembly and at the end of 8 years the unemployment was down, balanced budget and debt gone. Don't you see... it does not matter who is in charge as long as they can work with each other....... Obama can't ... he has declared war on Republicans from day one.........

2014/10/25 02:50:56