Do you think people actually pay their 'fair share'?

Flyingbug 2012/04/17 03:07:30
Related Topics: Fair, Whatever, taxes, Income
Some say that the rich actually pay plenty. Others believe that the rich aren't paying their 'fair share'. And then we have many who pay no income taxes whatever.

What do you think?

• sockpuppet 2012/04/17 04:22:25
    sockpuppet
    +1
    I think most people who actually pay taxes are paying way too much. We shouldn't be giving the government more money to waste-- they should be stopping the waste and figuring out how they're going to cover our Social Security payments that they've frittered away.
  • wolf sloan 2012/04/17 04:14:20
    wolf sloan
    Not really
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/04/17 03:24:23
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    Those who pay no income taxes and the very young, old, and disabled. It is not fair to lump them with workers in this country. I also believe if the wealthy paid a living wage, more would owe income tax. I think it's human nature to get by with whatever is advantageous to us, it's just that the wealthy (people/corporations....oops, corporations are people) have the money to hide more than what 99% of us can. The richer you are, the less you have to pay.
  • Michael=Constitution & Liberty 2012/04/17 03:19:12
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +1
    dont let em fool you, the wealthy do not pay there fair share.
  • Adam Michael... 2012/04/17 03:53:38
    Adam
    I guess those paying 0% are paying theirs?
  • Michael... Adam 2012/04/17 04:21:41
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +1
    honestly, the excuses you use are lame. they really are a small drop in the bucket. you should really direct your anger toward the government whom has been out of control for many many years now. we all want the same thing in the end....well, if you have a soul. no, that was not directed at you. Do you retain corporate lawyers 24/7 because its cheaper than paying tax? lol!
  • Adam Michael... 2012/04/17 04:23:27
    Adam
    It's a simple question that you failed to answer.

Small, large, or in-between, that wasn't the question. Do those paying 0% income tax pay their fair share?
  • Michael... Adam 2012/04/17 04:35:43
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    sure, in state and sales tax, gas fee's....do reforms need to be made? I think so, having worked in low income housing for 13 years.
  • Adam Michael... 2012/04/17 12:16:30
    Adam
    In my State, if they don't pay federal income tax they don't pay State income tax. States taxes have nothing to do with my opinion on this matter. They are within the borders of whatever State and unless it's mine, I don't care as it doesn't affect me.
  • DJPanicDC Adam 2012/04/17 04:25:46
    DJPanicDC
    If you want the poor to pay more and the rich to pay less I have a simple answer. Pay your workers better!
  • Adam DJPanicDC 2012/04/17 04:28:36 (edited)
    Adam
    With minimum wage, some workers are already making more than the job they do is worth. If someone wants to make more, let them provide a skill that warrants it. What should a high school dropout that has the skills to do nothing more than sweep floors, empty trash, and clean toilets make?
  • DJPanicDC Adam 2012/04/17 04:37:52
    DJPanicDC
    "What should a high school dropout that has the skills to do nothing more than sweep floors, empty trash, and clean toilets make?"

They should make a living wage at minumum, if you don't think they are worth it do it yourself!

"
  • Adam DJPanicDC 2012/04/17 12:19:19
    Adam
    What is a living wage? Put an amount on it. Providing vague answers makes what you say less credible.

As for doing it myself, I already do. I talk the talk AND walk the walk. Your suggestion, although vague, implies that someone who made a bad choice which produced bad results should have those results and consequences lessened by someone else.
  • DJPanicDC Adam 2012/04/17 21:17:07
    DJPanicDC
    Living wage depends on where you live there is an exact number in each location. here in DC it is $20 an hour
  • sockpuppet Michael... 2012/04/17 04:26:28
    sockpuppet
    WHERE fair share?

Working 6 months of the year for the government and 6 for yourself is RIDICULOUS. People look at those who make 250 grand a year (or whatever) and never consider the cash and opportunity cost that went into securing a salary like that in the first place... which is just as well, because it's none of their business.
  • DJPanicDC 2012/04/17 03:14:33
    DJPanicDC
    +1
    The rich pay way bellow what would be fair
  • Adam DJPanicDC 2012/04/17 03:54:08
    Adam
    What's fair? I think you pay way below what's fair.

2014/09/02 17:11:26