Do You Think Obama and the Republicans Can Work Together?

ABCnews.com 2010/11/04 11:31:43
Related Topics: Obama, Republican

• Spud 2010/11/04 20:26:31
    Yes. They must cooperate.
    Spud
    +5
    I am thinking you have the question backwards. Do you think Republicans and Obama can work together... Obama doesn't think anyone in the world is as smart as he thinks he is. Will Obama try to work with ANYONE. That remains to be seen... he bluffs his own party, has turned his back on them and is following his own agenda!

• CarleneDemitter 2010/11/14 16:22:44
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    CarleneDemitter
    Even tho they should, Obama won't have it. Oh, he'll make sure it looks as if he is (to try and boost his ratings and large ego), however, there will be something dastardly behind the mix....as always.
  • Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL 2010/11/06 15:07:56
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    So this kinda' says it all!
  • Nancy~P... Nancy~P... 2010/11/06 15:09:50 (edited)
  • Pecos Sal 2010/11/05 17:04:12
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    Pecos Sal
    We sent the Republicans to STOP the democrats from going along with Obama, gridlock is good.
  • Dhawgg 2010/11/05 16:01:12
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    Dhawgg
    i sure as hell hope not. this vote was about not wanting ANY of their policies. they had their way for the better part of the last three years (Tea Partiers werent thrilled with Bush near the end, either, as he got on board with bailouts).

let us borrow from Barry a couple years back: we just voted for CHANGE. when you change a tire, you dont leave part of the old, busted one.. you put on a NEW tire.

we need all new tires. put that donut lib wheel in the trunk.
  • Bassett, Wayne 2010/11/05 15:36:31
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    Bassett, Wayne
    OBAMA IS A JOKE. GET HIMOUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE BEFORE HE BANKRUPTS OUR COUNTRY AND GETS US ALL KILLED.
  • RetSarg 2010/11/05 15:29:00
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    RetSarg
    Are you kidding. Who would Obama blame then.
  • beachbum 2010/11/05 14:36:10
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    beachbum
    +1
    Obama is not one willing to compromise.
  • THE LEFT=DESTRUCTION 2010/11/05 12:24:45
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    THE LEFT=DESTRUCTION
    +1
    No compromise. I hear that Reid and Obama want the newly elected to compromise, and go along to get along. NO. They were not elected to compromise, and go along to get along.
  • beachbum THE LEF... 2010/11/05 14:37:14
    beachbum
    +1
    Exactly - the new congressional members were NOT elected to compromise and to go along to get along.
  • Heffeweizen 2010/11/05 09:06:59
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    Heffeweizen
    +1
    Despite what he is saying, Obama is showing every sign of digging in his heels and continuing to push his agenda. We heard similar language about listening to Republican ideas on health care and we've all seen how that turned out.
  • RhoneRanger 2010/11/05 06:24:37
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    RhoneRanger
    +4
    America has spoken, since this last election, it is clear that America wants lower taxes, less government, and freedom. If Obama refuses to cooperate, the sides can not work together.
  • Dev 2010/11/05 05:45:08 (edited)
    Yes. They must cooperate.
    Dev
    It shouldn't be about liberals or conservatives, its about trying to get this country fixed!

I'm sure that all true Americans would want that. So what, in the next two years do we seriously expect to be in a state of limbo or turmoil, because Obama and the Republicans won't work together?

Sure... some of their motives and goals are different from each other, but that doesn't mean its okay to be an idiot about it and stand by and do nothing while this country goes to the dogs.

That's what I have to say, if we can't cooperate then nothing will be done.
  • Ukie 2010/11/05 05:01:35
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    Ukie
    +3
    Obama still doesn't get it....
  • claliengirl 2010/11/05 02:06:54 (edited)
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    claliengirl
    +1
    Of course they can't work together. Nor do they care to. All they care about is the next election already. I say we have elections every 6 years only so they can actually have time to get some work done!
  • Bulanov... clalien... 2010/11/05 14:14:28
    Bulanova (Team Hargitay)
    +1
    That is even more time to do damage when they're on the wrong path!
  • Libertarian Right 2010/11/05 01:52:48
    Yes. They must cooperate.
    Libertarian Right
    Yeah, but it will be interesting to say the least. My guess would be that the following description of the dems will never be more true than it will be now!

yeah interesting guess description dems true
  • Lyricist_Poet 2010/11/05 00:46:21
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    Lyricist_Poet
  • Rog 2010/11/05 00:44:21
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    Rog
    NO! The Republicans want power and do not want to govern and the
    American people want JOBS. Republicans don't get it. Jobs or you will be
    out in 2012.
  • beachbum Rog 2010/11/05 14:46:10
    beachbum
    +3
    I think is it Obama who doesn't get it. This election wasn't just about jobs - it's about a progressive agenda that is being forced down the throats of the American people, it's about an ever growing government intrusion on everyday life, it's about totally wasteful spending that's gotten totally out of control. You kid yourself if you think Democrats don't want the power. Problem is, they have all forgotten that the 'power' belongs to the Americans, the voters, the taxpayers of this country.

Personally, I think this anger and resentment of government has been growing for years, and the American people have finally had enough. This current admin and congress had forgotten they work for us, and not the other way around. I can say that at least, that's how I have felt for a long time - just growing anger at them, resentment, and definitely haven't trusted the government to do what is right for a long time. I think that this backlash will continue until the government, regardless of who, finally starts getting it, and getting it right.
  • Douglas... beachbum 2010/11/05 15:16:21
    DouglasSignorovitch
    +2
    It has been groing for years goverment is out of control, and Odumbo is just the latest straw.
    It's up to we the people to send a clear message we not going to take it, and get rid of those how are not listening ( can you here us now ( ODUMBO )
  • beachbum Douglas... 2010/11/05 15:26:37
    beachbum
    +1
    Agree.
  • strawberry 2010/11/05 00:31:48
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    strawberry
    Republicans want control, and President Obama won't change his way of thinking. Nothing much will be accomplished as usual, with the House and Senate doing more bickering between parties, then solving problems. It would be very amazing if legislature President Obama wants passed will ever get through the House especially now that Republicans control the House Of Representatives. Americans may think they gained in this election, but it is back to rotten politics as usual.
  • beachbum strawberry 2010/11/05 14:47:04
    beachbum
    +2
    Don't kid yourself, Dems want control, also.
  • David 2010/11/04 23:35:33
    Yes. They must cooperate.
    David
    If they pull their heads together yes. They just need to stop reaching for power over the country, but focus on the needs of the people. They also need to get rid of the conservatives and hopefully the more liberal will understand.
  • strawberry David 2010/11/05 00:33:03
    strawberry
    They will never focus on the needs of the American people.
  • Hypothe... David 2010/11/05 02:17:34
    HypothesizeIt
    But, the liberals are the ones who are trying for "power over the country."
  • beachbum David 2010/11/05 14:50:20
    beachbum
    +2
    Get rid of the conservatives? There is only one side that is right/correct? Wow, sounds like dictatorship. I distinctly remember Dems saying just a couple of years ago that it was patriot to speak out against government, that discent was good.

Please tell me you are kidding.
  • nalady 2010/11/04 23:28:42
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    nalady
    The Republicans have never and will never work with President Obama, because having a black president to them is a slap in the face. You can say the country has come a long way, but now it's smile in his face and stab him in the back. They want him out and now they can so easy. It took 8yrs to get in this and republicans started it, but all you gave President Obama was 18mths. how sad a country are we. The President was really tiring to help out the small people. I am just a $50,000.00 a year employee and I work for a big corporation who got the tax breaks to stay in the county and big bonus to keep so many people working. Here is what they did, hired new employees to do the same jobs for $13.00/hr. without benefits, and tried to get all the old workers to retire, because they make $26.00/hr.. with benefits. The company is making big profits and the employees can not keep their houses. In two more years the company is cutting all pay to $13.00/hr. and has already start cutting benefits. How are we as the majority of people do not make enough just to live a simple life and congress and ceo are living the high life. I do not expect anything handed to me just a right to earn a living so I not worry.
  • strawberry nalady 2010/11/05 00:54:02
    strawberry
    +1
    I don't believe President Obama's race has anything to do with Republican thinking. It is all about money and power.
  • beachbum strawberry 2010/11/05 14:52:59
    beachbum
    +2
    Absolutely correct - it's about money, power, and his agenda. He could be purple with orange polka dots, and it'll still be about his agenda.
  • Bassett... nalady 2010/11/05 15:39:49
    Bassett, Wayne
    +1
    WHAT A JOKE. COLOR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. OBAMA IS A BIG JOKE!
  • LaVet 2010/11/04 22:35:22
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    LaVet
    +2
    President Obama will never get the real point, he thinks his way is the only way and don't care who likes it.
  • thepastord 2010/11/04 21:51:24
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    thepastord
    Maybe if Obama brings some real tasty slurpees to the table. lol
  • Murph 2010/11/04 21:11:21
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    Murph
    If they do, the Republican Party will crash and burn, and find itself in the trash-heap of history, where they will deserve to be if they work at all with this Islamic globalist socialist anti-American poseur we have in the White House. This treasonous dog belongs in jail, along with anyone else who supports or works with him for anything.
  • clalien... Murph 2010/11/05 02:20:32
    claliengirl
    That's a bit harsh now - don't you think. I am actually more worried about people who like you buy into all of the paranoia and conspiracy theories that are out there than I am about whether the two parties can work together.

It is well documented that the man is not a muslim. What is wrong with being globalist? Take it from someone who is from a country that actually has political parties from across the entire ideological spectrum; Obama is not a soclialist by any stretch of the imagination. He'd be considered to be quite a bit to the right of the middle in most other countries. Anti-American and treason...... That's a new one. I haven't even heard the (no doubt outrageous) charges on that one.

Do me a favor. See if you can expand your mind to where it might be able to accept people who are (or look) different than you (YES THE MAN'S SKIN IS BLACK!!!) and may actually have new ideas for solutions to old problems.
  • lazarous1967 2010/11/04 21:07:46
    No. This is a recipe for gridlock
    lazarous1967
    Do i think that they CAN work together,,,,yes!
    Do i think O-traitor will honestly listen to the new republicans?,,,,,,,,Not on you life.
    George Soros pulls O-traitors strings, and that maniacle parasite will stop at nothing to RUIN America.
    Now ask me if the new republicans have a chance of ruining his agenda.
    I'd say we just started.
  • Mizz Conservative 2010/11/04 20:57:55
    Yes. They must cooperate.
    Mizz Conservative
    +3
    They SHOULD. But I doubt Obama will be able to get past his narcissism as he has not been able to do so yet.
  • Heffewe... Mizz Co... 2010/11/05 09:09:18
    Heffeweizen
    +2
    I can't see it happening. I don't think he is capable of moderating, he will push his agenda at all costs.
  • Mizz Co... Heffewe... 2010/11/05 16:59:32
    Mizz Conservative
    +1
    I completely agree. I don't see it either.

2014/08/31 02:39:19