Do you think NPR is biased?

Tithead 2011/06/29 03:55:16
Politics
Related Topics: NPR
Yes, it is biased to the left.
7 votes
41%
Yes, it is biased to the right.
0 votes
0%
No, it is not biased.
6 votes
35%
Other answer.
4 votes
24%
I want to know what you think.

You must be a member of the group Politics to vote on this poll.

• Odie 2011/06/30 14:03:37 (edited)
    Yes, it is biased to the left.
    Odie
    +4
    Now that we live in a 24/7 news world all news sources have a bias -- what sells and which listeners will spend more money with their advertisers (or in the case of NPR who will donate more to their programming). There is no such thing as neutral in the news world. Knowing what the bias is for the source you are listening to, reading from or watching allows you to sort out fact from editorializing. If there were no left to balance the right how would you know what are facts and what is opinion?

• henry.sasser.III 2014/03/22 03:59:51
    Other answer.
    henry.sasser.III
    It's very difficult to avoid some sort of bias, one way or another. As NPR is dependant on donations, they must, by necessity, be biased in the way of their donors; but for the most part, NPR tries to have sensible dialog, and reasonable fairness where possible.
  • Southernhick82 2013/06/20 19:05:21
  • Zeke 2013/05/28 13:34:53
    Other answer.
    Zeke
    NPR Biased? Preposterous! *huff!* they are way too elite to suffer from common bias.
  • Alien Ramone 2013/05/12 15:54:53
    Other answer.
    Alien Ramone
    It's probably biased to whichever side is saying it isn't biased.
  • Peewee ~PWCM~JLA 2013/05/12 01:57:52
    Yes, it is biased to the left.
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    The things I like about NPR is that they (mostly) have civil and thoughtful discussions. Interesting news and interesting programs. It is biased, but you consider the source as you're listening. Among mainstream news, they're probably the best of the lot.
  • SIMPATTYCO 2013/05/11 23:01:39
    Yes, it is biased to the left.
    SIMPATTYCO
    +2
    Uh that and other silly reasons
  • CaptænWorgen 2012/03/19 00:24:21
    No, it is not biased.
    CaptænWorgen
    +2
    They piss everyone off regularly (left and right, i mean), so I am fairly certain they are doing it right.
  • BwaHa 2012/01/27 16:45:13
    Yes, it is biased to the left.
    BwaHa
    +2
    Absolutely!!!
  • scbluesman13 2012/01/21 22:28:33
    No, it is not biased.
    scbluesman13
    +2
    If anything, NPR is biased towards attempting intellectual discussions rather than emotionally charged ones.
    No, it is not biased.
    No it isn't biased. I find their broadcasts to be very well balanced.

Now if you want biased just look at Faux Newz. or for that matter Glenn Beck or "Fat Boy" Lumbaugh. They are biased.
  • Jamacc 2011/08/20 03:21:43
    Yes, it is biased to the left.
    Jamacc
    +2
    I like NPR a lot, and although they do have different perspectives from varying points of view, I feel they overall are a little bit slanted to they left, but the idea public radio funded more by the people than corporate advertisers is more of an ideal of the left. I still believe Public radio/ television gives a more unadulterated view of an issue than the various media reserved for one ideology overall.
  • hyrulien 2011/07/05 20:20:54
    No, it is not biased.
    hyrulien
    +2
    If you actually listen to the station, you will notice they have been bad mouthing Obama rather frequently lately.
  • Odie 2011/06/30 14:03:37 (edited)
    Yes, it is biased to the left.
    Odie
    +4
  • Tired BN-0 2011/06/29 22:50:51
    Other answer.
    Tired BN-0
    +3
    Personally. I don't feel that it is. Of course, I know most RWNJ when they find this thread will say that it is biased far to the left. A I said, I don't think so, but then, I am a very liberal progressive, so perhaps I'm biased. :-D
  • Peewee ... Tired BN-0 2013/05/12 01:59:24
    Peewee ~PWCM~JLA
    And honest ;-)

2014/04/23 09:22:02