Do you think most people would be happy to stand behind you if you were running for office? Put their name connected with yours?

Jack's Pearl 2012/07/14 19:52:59
I think on average people would be proud to stand with me.
So you are a good natured person with the know with all and drive to run for office. Would people in general be happy to stand behind you? Put their name to yours? Or do you think you offend the average person and people would not in general stand behind you? Why is that?

• Southern Man 2012/07/14 19:56:18
    Southern Man
    +4
    Yes in fact when I ran for city council I had many people behind me I did not win but only lost by 2 votes

• Marianne 2012/07/15 11:17:22
    I think on average they would not. Why?
    Marianne
    +1
    Because people will choose candidates who seem to be brilliant, whom they think to know (because imposed by the media) - thanks to great campaigns and publicity, and who are supported by high-ranking people. They want great promises, even if irrealisable, and the public wants media frenzy. They want their candidates to impose themselves to them by any means. Modesty is rarely appreciated. For myself, I would not want to run for office - I'd rather be an unknown artist.
  • Marcus Clark 2012/07/15 09:41:08
    Marcus Clark
    +1
    I've been told by numerous people that I should run for office (referencing position levels from City Council to President.) However, the answer is definitely no, for reasons that shall remain undisclosed.
  • Jerry 2012/07/15 06:23:45
    I think on average they would not. Why?
    Jerry
    +1
    .............some persons claim to be supportive, but when that day comes, most of them are doing something entirely different, my loyal Select Friends, We stand together....... thank you........... ;-)
  • meshell 2012/07/15 06:02:18
    I think on average they would not. Why?
    meshell
    +1
    society does not like to hear the truth, they like sugarcoating.
    if i were sweet and made just dandy,
    everything i touched would taste like candy.

BUT im not im pretty straight up,
  • Darkitec 2012/07/15 02:40:28 (edited)
    I think on average they would not. Why?
    Darkitec
    +1
    If the media gave me the same sort of background check that they gave Obama (none) I could hold just about any office. get any loan.
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/07/14 23:26:08
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +2
    I've been approached several times over the years by others to run for office. Yes, in view of that, i think i could have a contingent that would stand behind me.
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/07/14 23:22:59
    I think on average they would not. Why?
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +3
    I'm Native American or Indigenous and they'd probably assume I couldn't win.
  • Jack's ... Nam Era... 2012/07/15 00:04:45
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    I doubt that.
  • David H... Nam Era... 2012/07/15 05:05:07
    David Hussey
    +2
    It is assumptions like that, perpetuated by the majority crowd, that prevent us from having decent candidates to choose from. I dream that one day there will be a point at which the race, creed and colour of a candidate is discounted entirely, that only their policies and the character of their lives actions are heard.
  • Jack's ... David H... 2012/07/17 18:26:17
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    Excellent!
  • David H... Jack's ... 2012/07/18 07:27:23
    David Hussey
    +1
    Thank you Jack's Pearl :)
  • meshell Nam Era... 2012/07/15 06:06:22
    meshell
    +3
    they assumed a black man would never get near the presidency! I dont see why a Native American wouldnt stand a chance to run for office,. if you have what it takes i dont think race is an issue. Pride, my friend in who you are.
  • Jack's ... meshell 2012/07/17 18:26:27
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    Right on!
  • David H... meshell 2012/07/18 07:27:54
    David Hussey
    +2
    Well said!
  • Kitsune Touhou 2012/07/14 21:11:21
    I think on average they would not. Why?
    Kitsune Touhou
    +1
    Well, I don't have a very good personality. I tend to be extremely logical, so not many people agree with me, I have a very sarcastic attitude, I'm overly aggressive, and I don't really care how something gets done, as long as it does get done. Yep. Not many people like me. I'm also a total introvert, and don't really like spending time with people a lot. So no, I don't think they'd stand by me. I do tend to be very stubborn also, and many people think I should be a lawyer. Oh well.
  • blissful 2012/07/14 20:29:56
    I think on average they would not. Why?
    blissful
    +1
    I'd rather do things from behind the scenes cause I don't like to be in lime-light. I can't deal with the stress!..
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/07/14 20:28:40
    I think on average they would not. Why?
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    Most people know that I'm a misanthrope and they would probably fear I'd restart the ovens. I wouldn't, but I sure wouldn't put up with Muslim terrorists or people who are un-American. The 'bad' people have usurped and overrun the rights of those who are law biding and considerate.
  • Catitude 2012/07/14 20:24:35 (edited)
  • Jack's ... Catitude 2012/07/14 20:26:04
    Jack's Pearl
    +3
    Yes, I think most of us aren't puppets like so many politicians are. We don't want to be untruthful to ourselves and our beliefs. Politics doesn't support that very well. It's all about getting elected at any cost.
  • David H... Jack's ... 2012/07/14 20:59:33
    David Hussey
    +2
    And once elected, every word, every action is taken with an eye on the next election. This is why I have long believed that public office should be a one time contribution to society. By all means, do your part and render service to the country, but when you have step aside for the next person and return to private life. Professional politicians are in essence contrary to good democratic principles in my opinion.
  • David H... Catitude 2012/07/14 20:57:05
    David Hussey
    +2
    I too seem to prefer heading in a direction opposite to that which the herd moving in. And sadly, the "You are for us or you are against us' mentailty is very prevalent these days.
  • Rebel Yell 2012/07/14 20:20:41
    Rebel Yell
    +1
    I served on the school board and considered running for city council after friends approached me. But I have a family to think about and do not want them brought up in a political household, even at the local level. I have known a few people in local and state politics and it consumes them.
  • Striker 2012/07/14 20:11:40
    I think on average they would not. Why?
    Striker
    +1
    The average human has been brainwashed to believe he must be Ruled. He will reconsider only when his Rulers have become overwhelmingly intolerable. He cannot conceive or even consider living without Force and being Governed. Well, guess who is Governing? Other so-called "humans"! Thus all are slaves to a "system" foisted upon us by others; a system none of we the living signed for but are forced to support.
    So is anyone standing behind me?
  • Jack's ... Striker 2012/07/14 20:14:22
    Jack's Pearl
    I stand behind you but I think you may be off in thinking the average human is brainwashed to be ruled. In fact in the USA I doubt anyone thinks of being ruled by the government. We have made many checks and balances and laws to prevent that. We have impeachment too. So the President must abide also. They can't become a ruler as the term goes.
  • Striker Jack's ... 2012/07/14 20:44:43
    Striker
    +1
    Because we have Government, and because government is always structured to "allow" force, we are definitely Ruled. Most people think that's some benevolent master and will never challenge it, no matter what; it's a joke. The structure protects us not.

We have a so-called president who isn't, who should be impeached or rather should be arrested for false oath and many instances of treason. His entire tenure has focused on increasing the Force. No, he doesn't abide, and can write EO's by the volume to arrange for his total tyranny. The people can do nothing about it and their Congress won't do anything about it. We have impossible debt which we did not make, nor sign for, yet they claim we "owe" it. We ARE Ruled.

You might start here:
    http://no-ruler.net/?s=longco...
  • Jack's ... Striker 2012/07/14 20:48:40
    Jack's Pearl
    Well, in this country we are allowed to live pretty freely as long as we follow the laws which are in place for a good reason. It's much better then who we would actually coin as rulers in other countries who do as they wish with no checks and balances. So I do not see us as ruled. At least not by anything that I disagree with. I still have my freedoms that I cherish.
  • Striker Jack's ... 2012/07/14 20:51:26
    Striker
    +1
    I'll disagree and I'll shut up now. You've proven my initial point.
  • Jack's ... Striker 2012/07/14 23:16:19
    Jack's Pearl
    How did I prove your original point? Do you not believe there should be laws to protect people? Why shut up? I don't get it at all. Sorry!
  • Striker Jack's ... 2012/07/14 23:45:29
    Striker
    +1
    Reread my initial comment until you get it, or ask specific questions about that if you don't get it, and I will try to clarify.
  • Jack's ... Striker 2012/07/15 00:05:49
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    I think I just don't see it the way you do. Thanks though! Have a great night!
  • Striker Jack's ... 2012/07/15 00:37:52
    Striker
    +1
    time will tell, won't it?
  • Jack's ... Striker 2012/07/15 00:49:36
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    Much time has gone by in my life and I've never seen it that way. I doubt more will make me change my mind and doubtfully more will change yours.
  • Striker Jack's ... 2012/07/15 00:54:33
    Striker
    +1
    and we've been on SH much time, yet we see differently. I hafta say you've missed much.
  • Jack's ... Striker 2012/07/17 18:28:10
    Jack's Pearl
    On SH I've only missed a bunch of insanity! Anger misguided. You can't have decent conversation where many act like complete savages to anyone who thinks different from them. That is a complete waste of my time. IMO.
  • David Hussey 2012/07/14 20:05:08
    I think on average they would not. Why?
    David Hussey
    +1
    Far too many of my positions, my ideals run contrary to generally held beliefs.

I don't profess a religious faith.... Strike One

I don't support militarism............. Strike Two

I'm for nationalizing all natural resources to pay for a nations needs...... Strike Three

So many more strikes, but just these three are enough to preclude the notion that I could ever find widespread support anywhere in Western society.
  • Southern Man 2012/07/14 19:56:18
    Southern Man
    +4
  • Jack's ... Souther... 2012/07/14 19:57:14
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    They actually told you you lost by two vote? Wow!
  • Souther... Jack's ... 2012/07/14 19:58:09
    Southern Man
    +2
    It's a small town you can't keep a secret around here to save your life
  • Louisa ... Souther... 2012/07/14 20:29:27
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    Congratulations anyway!
  • Jack's Pearl 2012/07/14 19:54:15
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    The only doubt I have is that I can't play games. I would be beside myself with being told what to say and do. Where I had to go. Etc.... It's not for me. I'm not a puppet.

2014/04/23 15:07:17