Do you think it's time for the 47% to pay their fair share?

RomneyRainbow 2012/09/18 02:31:53
YES
NO
A video surfaced today in which Romney insinuated that 47% of Americans do not pay taxes and basically live off of the government.

With that being the case and purported video to prove it (I haven't watched it yet, but I'll take the liberal's word for it), do you feel that 53% of Americans supporting 47% of Americans is acceptable? If not, what is acceptable. Keep in mind the money that 57% of Americans provide for defense and as donations to many other nations.

Personally, I feel that 75/25 is acceptable. With 75% of Americans paying taxes, in other words working, that means there is less than 5% (more likely way less) unemployment, more full time work with acceptable portions of the current Obamacare handout covered. Also, we have to face the fact that hatred for our nation (no thanks to the past twelve years of impotence in leadership - no offense, it's just how I feel) is much worse than the government would lead, I mean, allow you to believe. We have to, for lack of a better term, "Star Trek" our military and aeronautical intelligence and capabilities. I can't tell you how it feels to be a soldier but I can for damn sure tell you if I was a soldier right now I would want to go kick some ass after our diplomats were slaughtered. But, dang it, we can't because we have a pacifier for a president acting all high and mighty like HE killed Bin Laden with his bare hands. We all know full well that OUR MILITARY killed Bin Laden. Doing that (killing Bin Laden) was decided well before Obama ever went into office, way before.

So, bottom line. Hey 47%, those of you who can walk, count, write, read, hear, smile, do your hair, put on makeup, play video games, fill up your facebook page, not move from the couch, live off the udders of the US government, earn some respect by helping the rest of us who are trying to keep this nation afloat and, more importantly, safe. Go get a job or serve in some manner. Even part-time helps the economy and it definitely helps you instead of the 53% of us that are doing it for you now. It's not going to last forever the way this administration want to do it so you might as well start now.

I lost my job, took a minimum wage part time job for almost a year and now have a full time job with benefits. It does happen. My brother-in-law lost his job, started his own business and makes more than his old job and his wife (my sister) gets to stay home all day. It does happen. Personal responsibility, that's all that's to it. It's not a color, age, sex, class or whatever you might use as an excuse thing. It's an about you thing. Get it!

Here is help to start helping those of us in the 53% (which all these are so much easier to do now than when I first started looking for jobs after school):

Local newspaper (usually has a website)
www.monster.com
www.careerbuilder.com
www.mcdonalds.com
www.wendys.com
Knock on doors
Ask everyone you know
Start your own business
Get your GED/graduate from high school

• Claise 2012/09/21 13:09:01
    YES
    Claise
    yes, let them pay taxes too, just like the wealthy do who support mitt
  • DJPanicDC 2012/09/18 13:01:13
    NO
    DJPanicDC
    +1
    I think it's time folks like Romney paid their fair share, not only in Taxes but wages
    See it's simple math
    47% pay no FEDERAL tax because they do not make enough
    This happens because the leeches that run the companies believe they should make 400x the amount of a worker
    Then these parasites want less taxes?!?!

You know how the top 10% pay less and the 43% pay more?
    Easy PAY THEM BETTER!!
  • maquignon 2012/09/18 06:51:02
    YES
    maquignon
    +1
    I don't think the the very poorest should pay income tax, those who fall below the poverty level. I do not believe that 47% fall beneath the poverty level. I think everyone except those below the poverty level should pay something. All deductions should be eliminated.
  • S* 2012/09/18 05:34:34
    S*
    they pay their share, income tax is merely one tax that is out there, everything sold has sales tax, gas, hotel rooms, tobacco, alcohol, and to say these people do not pay taxes is false and unfair. Income taxes perhaps, but this is from a guy that pays no income tax, so he is a liar, he pays capital gains taxes, and that is less than half what the income tax he would pay otherwise, 14 to 15 percent, and not a penny more, he says. So you decide, who is blowing smoke up whose skirt?
  • Daniel 2012/09/18 03:02:44 (edited)
    YES
    Daniel
    +1
    I wouldn't take a Liberal's word for anything. I don't believe 47% don't pay taxes. Some of that group's just plain stupid.
  • DJPanicDC Daniel 2012/09/18 13:02:16
    DJPanicDC
    that is federal only we all pay state, social security, sales etc.
  • Daniel DJPanicDC 2012/09/18 14:32:08
    Daniel
    +1
    Not those on welfare. Taking my taxed dollar and paying their sales tax is not them paying taxes.
  • Onyx 2012/09/18 02:37:52
    YES
    Onyx
    +3
    40% of that 47% should be ashamed of themselves, freeloaders!
  • Daniel Onyx 2012/09/18 03:05:47
    Daniel
    +3
    That's kind of what I was thinking. Atleast Mitt doesn't lie.
  • Onyx Daniel 2012/09/18 03:11:46
    Onyx
    +3
    If they take offence then maybe they should be ashamed their hand are out accepting what other people work hard for.
  • S* Daniel 2012/09/18 05:35:47
    S*
  • Daniel S* 2012/09/18 10:39:34
    Daniel
    +2
    Welfare is not earned income. It's also received tax not payed. What they pay on purchased items is paid by the working class. I don't care if hi pays 14-15 percant. That comes down to he pays a lot of peoples share.
  • S* Daniel 2012/09/18 14:45:30
    S*
    we are not talking about welfare, you have no clue.
  • Daniel S* 2012/09/18 16:03:49
    Daniel
    You commented to me and I'm talking about welfare as was Romney. So you probably shouldn't jump into conversation where you're ill informed.
  • S* Daniel 2012/09/18 16:07:16
    S*
    LOL. go on hating.
  • Onyx S* 2012/09/18 13:31:57 (edited)
    Onyx
    +2
    Correction they are not paying sales tax, gas tax...........we are paying that for them too since they earn nothing that they spend!
  • S* Onyx 2012/09/18 14:45:09
    S*
    that is incorrect, they do make money, they just pay less income taxes. Half the country is not on welfare, spare me your ignorance.
  • Onyx S* 2012/09/18 18:08:42
    Onyx
    You know that I wasn't refering to the working poor. You know that in the above statements the discussion was about welfare recipients, don't act like you are clueless!
  • S* Onyx 2012/09/18 20:55:59
    S*
    actually, I have no clue what you are talking about, the question posed is about 47% of the population, my point is, only 8 percent of the population is on welfare assistance. you are talking about less then 10 percent of the population then.
  • Onyx S* 2012/09/18 21:49:16
    Onyx
    It's 15,000,000 welfare people that are a burden to the people who are working. Your number does not include those who are SSI disability and those on straight SS. Some of these programs are necessary for some, yes. But even you cannot deny that the system is being abuse by A LOT of people. That is why the working middle class is upset.
  • RomneyR... Onyx 2012/09/18 22:02:06
    RomneyRainbow
    +1
    Yep. A report came out yesterday that said 25% of SS payments are incorrect and should not have been done in the first place. I work at a nursing home where everyone receives SS and Medicaid, close to $7000 per person. That is ridiculous!!!

All Obama needed to do was fix what we already had in place and help jump start the economy. But, no, he just took us deeper and deeper into the hole of debt.

Hole
  • S* Onyx 2012/09/18 22:19:59
    S*
    social security is not welfare, and they pay taxes on it. You are half baked.
  • Onyx S* 2012/09/19 00:50:41
    Onyx
    +1
    I didn't say SS was welfare. SS is a debt that taxpayers are paying into, that's all. I also said that some of these programs are necessary. I also said that there is way too much abuse of these programs going on. Can you read, or is it a comprehension problem?
  • S* Onyx 2012/09/19 02:05:02
    S*
    your quote.

I guess you do not listen to yourself either.
  • Onyx S* 2012/09/19 21:40:05
  • S* Onyx 2012/09/18 14:54:54
    S*
    The number stated that receive any portion of their support from from welfare assistance--including food stamps--it is 29,900,000 or roughly 8% of the total population in the United States.

This breaks down to:

39% white 11,661,000 of 29,900,000 recipients

38% black 11,362,000 of 29,900,000

17% Hispanic 5,083,000 of 29,900,000

The strictest sense of the term though would be those getting income directly from the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services which is about 8% of the total population that receives some form of assistance and 1.7% that receive most of their income (50% or more) from these programs.
  • RomneyR... S* 2012/09/18 14:54:36
    RomneyRainbow
    +2
    No, we pay their share. We pay for their sales tax, gas tax, hotel room tax (what are they doing getting a hotel room anyway when they can't even pay for their homes) and so forth.

Yes, the percentage is smaller but that is like comparing apples to oranges when you are comparing multi-millions in income to no income.

Please don't let the percentage game fool you. Most Americans will never pay even less than 1% of the taxes "the rich" pay. I've been working for almost 30 years and have paid a total of $22K in income taxes (not counting SS/Medicare/State/Local/Sales taxes etc.) with my tax rate ranging from 7 - 10%. And, I don't even get to decide where that money goes, it is already decided for me. I wouldn't have a problem paying more taxes but I don't trust this government to spend it wisely. Who does?

People and/or companies with multi-million dollar incomes / revenues want to trust that the government will spend it wisely on America and not providing arms and cash to everyone in the world who wants this nation destroyed. Will they trust Obama? Hell no. Will they trust Romney? You better believe it!

Over
  • S* RomneyR... 2012/09/18 14:55:17
    S*

This breaks down to:

38% black 11,362,000 of 29,900,000

17% Hispanic 5,083,000 of 29,900,000

• S* RomneyR... 2012/09/18 23:20:26
    S*
    Warren Buffett suggest otherwise, the percentage scale is fair, and why should it not be? perhaps a cap on total paid, but percentages are in use for all people, why should it be thrown out for the super rich?
  • DJPanicDC Onyx 2012/09/18 13:03:40
    DJPanicDC
    I'd say the employing class should feel guiltily that they have grown so wealthy by exploiting people who make too little to pay taxes
  • Onyx DJPanicDC 2012/09/18 13:29:39
    Onyx
    +2
    You said "make" too little to pay taxes.......MAKE too little? The WORKING poor should not have to pay taxes, I agree. It's the rest of the freeloaders that we are all talking about and you know it!

2014/10/25 12:55:37